• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soy Isoflavones Poll

i have been using the soya for just one cycle. I am now on my period (also getting over the flu)and it is heavier than ever anyone experienced this. Usually i am about 1-2 days heavy but now it is 3 days and quite red? Also before i ovulated and before i came on, i had the most horrendous migraines - no tablets would touch it, could this be the soy or maybe the flu? Not that keen to take soy again for this cycle

It's good if your menstrual blood is redder - it means that you've made a good strong uterine lining for your little bean to snuggle down into next cycle. Good luck! X

I never knew that Minky hmmm mine is really red atm but dunno if thats just cos of mc :shrug: but good to know xx

Dont know for sure yet Minky if you look at my chart its all over the place lol plus im still bleeding and spotting since the miscarriage :shrug:

You excited for you scan sweetie? wooohoooo little bubba x

Woah Poppy - I see what you mean about your cycle. It's like it hasn't made its mind up which phase it should be in and so keeps jumping from menstruation to ovulation to luteal and back again. I think you should just act as though you're fertile when you're not on your period and DTD as much as possible just in case. That way all the bases are covered. Good luck.

I am very excited about my scan, thanks Poppy. So reassuring to see my little beanie's heart beating away - I was a nervous wreck all last week waiting. XXX

i have been using the soya for just one cycle. I am now on my period (also getting over the flu)and it is heavier than ever anyone experienced this. Usually i am about 1-2 days heavy but now it is 3 days and quite red? Also before i ovulated and before i came on, i had the most horrendous migraines - no tablets would touch it, could this be the soy or maybe the flu? Not that keen to take soy again for this cycle

It's good if your menstrual blood is redder - it means that you've made a good strong uterine lining for your little bean to snuggle down into next cycle. Good luck! X

I never knew that Minky hmmm mine is really red atm but dunno if thats just cos of mc :shrug: but good to know xx

Yes, my acupuncturist told me that. Good red blood is sign of a healthy lining, whereas mainly browny or patchy blood could indicate that your lining isn't so good.

If your blood is red, that's good. You;re supposed to be extra fertile after an m/c, so that's a good sign!

LOL so you just seen both charts for this month? :dohh: just started a new one cos wasnt sure if af was last week or this week :growlmad: I just dont understand the positive OPK then BAM my temps drop and i bleed again. Im at the doctors tomorrow so see what he says.

Yep you had me worried not coming online missy lol but made up alls well :hugs: you actually given me confidence taking the soy again once my body sorts itself out xx

Sorry for not coming online sooner, Poppy, and thanks for caring. :hugs: I had a really hectic day yesterday cos my DH was back late and my wee monkey took ages to settle in bed, so I didn't really get the chance earlier. If I try and go on the computer when he's about, he just bugs me to put on Cbeebies songs for him - 2 year old pester power!

I'm glad you're thinking of using soya again, honey. It seems to have done the trick for me after a year of nothings and chemicals. I hope you get a sticky one this time - with all those hormones floating in your system, your eggie is in with a good chance. :thumbup: X

I took 160 mg of Soy Isoflavones from CD 1-5 for two cycles, then on the third cycle I took it from CD 3-7 and ended up pregnant. [Unfortunately, I miscarried that one.] We had been trying for a year, then "Actively Trying" for 9 months before that time.

I skipped the SI this month but plan on going back to 3-7 next month. I think I have a low estrogen problem, which led to low progesterone, a crappy corpus luteum, and a short LP. [ Self diagnosed- I suspect that after being on BC for 16 years killed my ability to produce enough naturally. =( ]

Since I started taking SI my LP lengthened, my temps became less erratic, and my moods in the beginning of my cycle are much smoother. I'm a fan of it! XD

i took soy last month as started spotting 6DPO and spotted until 14DPO only to get my period, and its terribly dark and not anything at all like my normal period. I am totally confused....i guess i am going to my GP for a FS appointment or a perscription for some clomid...i am done with the home remedies...its been too long.

Well ladies, I can say that *something* worked for us this month...got my BFP at 10DPO. I hope this baby sticks, as it would mean 3 losses in a row for me if it doesn't, and I turn 40 next month. I am terrified and excited at the same time.

Woohooo congratz sweetie :happydance: was it your 1st time on Soy? x Also are you taking asprin x

Congratz kaleigh! Hope it's a sticky one this time!

How are the rest of you ladies doing? minky got a good scan i see, that's so wonderful! Poppy, how's your cycle? Did you take soy in the end? (you were hesitating, right?)

MrS. MaBrEy: Sorry that the soy hasn't worked for you.. It's my first cycle on it, so don't kow anything about AF after soy.. have read that it can be quite painful..

YanagiSan: Great to hear that your experiences with soy are so good!

gueyilla1985: Sorry to hear you haven't ovulated yet. You think it's the soy or do you have irregular cycles? How much did you take?

I am currently 4-5 DPO. We BD'd twice around ovulation, just hope it was still on time... I'm just checking my cervix and it didn't go as high/soft/open as it usually does! Just really one day where it was clear! Oh well, i O'd day 15/16, which is pretty good for me, i'm usually between 15-21! From the day i O'd i've been having tender BB and small cramping in uterus area.. I had that in cycle 8 as well and then had a BFP on 10 DPO. Unfortunately the day after is was already a BFN again. I'm convinced something happened there though! So have good hopes for this cycle! FX!

Anyone else on soy and in the 2ww?

i took 94mg from cd3-7. i ovulayed last month and i didnt take it so i think maybee the soy. who knows.

Congratz kaleigh! Hope it's a sticky one this time!

How are the rest of you ladies doing? minky got a good scan i see, that's so wonderful! Poppy, how's your cycle? Did you take soy in the end? (you were hesitating, right?)

MrS. MaBrEy: Sorry that the soy hasn't worked for you.. It's my first cycle on it, so don't kow anything about AF after soy.. have read that it can be quite painful..

YanagiSan: Great to hear that your experiences with soy are so good!

gueyilla1985: Sorry to hear you haven't ovulated yet. You think it's the soy or do you have irregular cycles? How much did you take?

I am currently 4-5 DPO. We BD'd twice around ovulation, just hope it was still on time... I'm just checking my cervix and it didn't go as high/soft/open as it usually does! Just really one day where it was clear! Oh well, i O'd day 15/16, which is pretty good for me, i'm usually between 15-21! From the day i O'd i've been having tender BB and small cramping in uterus area.. I had that in cycle 8 as well and then had a BFP on 10 DPO. Unfortunately the day after is was already a BFN again. I'm convinced something happened there though! So have good hopes for this cycle! FX!

Anyone else on soy and in the 2ww?

Good luck sweetie and loads of :dust::dust::dust:

Yeah i was hesitating :haha: but not sure if my cycle back to normal just yet so will have to wait now the bleeding and spotting has finished finally after 31days and see if af comes to try Soy again :dohh:

just wanted to say, the first cycle i took soy i conceived....although it didnt bring my cycle forward, so i am not sure whether it was the soy/not?? what do you think??
xxx

Congrats Hope4bump! You'll never know for sure whether it was the soy, but who cares, right?! :happydance:

Here I am again, AF today... :growlmad: Kinda expected it, so didn't hit me hard. But man, i confirm the very painful AF after soy. Felt like i was in labour today, good practice i guess! Am hesitating to take it again this cycle, what do you girls think? It made me O day 16 (day 15-20 is my average) and i had ovulation spotting for the first time in my life. Apart from that, didn't make a huge difference. I'll wait to see what kind of cramping tomorrow brings, no soy until day 3 anyway!

My BF will have a :spermy: count done next week. Will call tomorrow for an appointment! If that's all good, then at least we can try a few months more, if not, we'll see the hospital straight away...

Good luck ladies and :dust: to all!

Hi everyone.

I've been away since my m/c but I'm back now :)

After 6weeks AF finally showed up yesterday. I've also been prescribed Metformin because of my PCOS.
I'm thinking of trying Soy again this cycle...although I am a bit reluctant as it's my first AF since the m/c.

How are you Poppy? Minky said u had been asking after me. Thank you for thinking of me :) Sorry not been on here in a while just needed some time away.

xxx

Welcome back sweetie and sorry for your loss :hugs: Im still waiting for my af after my mmc... bled for 31 days and not sure if i had my first af then or not :shrug:

Im in two minds too if to try Soy again ( still paranoid about it) will see once i get af but am debating taking baby asprin x

I'm sorry for your loss 2!!!
That's a long time to bleed for! Have u spoken to the doc? They told me the bleed could last up to 2weeks.
I'm debating whether to take baby aspirin if I get a bfp again.

xxx

No not bothered the doctors now its stopped, was driving me mad to be honest. Ive read a number of ladies on here take the asprin either before or after they get their BFP, but im not sure yet or dont know if i dare :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->