Soy Isoflavones??

Question. I'm starting Clomid next cycle or rather, my dr wants me to. But curious to try soy before clomid for a cycle.

Do you dose soy the same way clomid is dosed? She wants me to start at 50mg first cycle, if bfn then 100mg next cycle.

Thanks for any info!

it is my understanding that you dose soy like clomid. what i have heard is if the dr said like 50mg od clomid - then try 100mg of soy, for 5 days in the being of your cycle. like cd 3 4 5 6 and 7
i have also heard people increase the dose just a little on the last 2 days.

but read that you should not take over 200 mg per dose.

i did it this cycle and i did like 80 mg, 80mg, 100mg, 100mg, 120mg cd 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6

From a nurse perspective, I would take clomid over soy. We have scientific evidence that clomid works. There is NO evidence that soy works the same other than anecdotal evidence.

The quickest way to a BFP IMO is clomid. For couple with success, clomid typically works in 3 months.

Question. I'm starting Clomid next cycle or rather, my dr wants me to. But curious to try soy before clomid for a cycle.

Do you dose soy the same way clomid is dosed? She wants me to start at 50mg first cycle, if bfn then 100mg next cycle.

Thanks for any info!

Whatever dose you take of Clomid, you would double that for soy, but do not exceed 200mg per dose. If you're okay with waiting a month to try Clomid, then go for it.

As OperationBbyO said, Clomid is proven to work in many women. I'm a nurse as well, but I take a holistic approach and suggest natural alternatives first. I could have started on Clomid in April with that cycle but decided to give myself a few cycles of soy first to see if it works. If I don't get a BFP by July/August, then I'll probably ask my docotr to prescribe Clomid at that point.

This whole thread has made up my mind! I am going to the store tomorrow to get the soy. I ovulated yesterday so hopefully I won't need it but after this long journey off TTC I'm willing to spend the $ early to prepare just in case.

and

CONGRATS NIKKIE!

My cycle is 30 days long.
I'm starting to notice symptoms, but I'm trying very hard not to notice them. It's so hard! I'll be testing this weekend probably.

Hey, What symptoms are you starting to have?

Those are the major symptoms I've been having:
*lower backache
*Slight cramping
*EWCM
*Very sore breasts
*Exhausted to a point that I just feel like crying and I can't keep my eyes open. But I'm having trouble sleeping. Not stress, so that's not the reason why.
*Burping

But I'm just thinking it might be AF is coming next Tuesday. Maybe it's the reason why I get those symptoms. But the slight cramping is not feeling like AF cramps so I just we never know.

Those sound like really great symptoms! Hope you get you BFP!! When are you going to test ?

I just did 30 minutes ago, but it was negative. I'm only at 9dpo. I'll wait on Saturday, I'll be 12dpo and it's my wedding day.

But I keep having symptoms every cycle. So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Well Sunday will be your lucky day then!! Hope your wedding turns out perfect!

Ugh....I'm so glad for all of you having success with Soy...and for being able to keep your cycles moving forward.

I'm at CD27 today. Still no O and my temps are SUPER low.

Soy has definitely delayed my ovulation by almost a week! I was so hoping it would have pushed it earlier.

I'm just really hoping that whenever I do finally ovulate that it will be really strong and I'll get my BFP...cause I can't stand waiting a freakin month just to ovulate on top of knowing I have to wait 13 more days for AF....:-/

Congrats Nikki that's awesome news! H&H 9 months to you!!

Danielle, have a wonderful wedding on Saturday!!! I'll keep my FX that you get your bfp as a wedding pressie!

Kristix - 9dpo is still early. FX for you!

Sorry O has been delayed for you Rudolf. At least you gave the Soy a try. What dose did you take?

AFM I am waiting to O. Currently on CD 14 (normally O about CD22-25) and I took Soy days 5-9. I am hoping to O earlier than normal...but we will see!

I just did 30 minutes ago, but it was negative. I'm only at 9dpo. I'll wait on Saturday, I'll be 12dpo and it's my wedding day.

But I keep having symptoms every cycle. So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

FXd you get a BFP as a wedding gift!! :)

Ugh....I'm so glad for all of you having success with Soy...and for being able to keep your cycles moving forward.

I'm at CD27 today. Still no O and my temps are SUPER low.

Soy has definitely delayed my ovulation by almost a week! I was so hoping it would have pushed it earlier.

I'm just really hoping that whenever I do finally ovulate that it will be really strong and I'll get my BFP...cause I can't stand waiting a freakin month just to ovulate on top of knowing I have to wait 13 more days for AF....:-/

I'm sorry it's pushing ovulation back for you. I don't even have any clue if it would have pushed it back or brought it forward. I'm thinking I may have just ovulated 2-3 days ago. I had a temp dip, but my temp hasn't jumped way up yet. I've heard that it can be 3-4 days after ovulation to get a huge temp jump though, so I don't know. This will be my first cycle temping that I actually ovulated if it happened.

9 doo today. Still negative....so far.

You still have plenty of time to test + this cycle. When do you plan to test again?

haha tomorrow :blush:

I can't help it! sometimes i am so bad i will test in the evening too! as long as AF isn't here i have hope and hey....ya never know which test is gonna come back positive :)

I am so addicted. :haha:

I have to take a 3000 mile flight to see my mom on the the 30th which i think is 12 dpo for me. I hope i find out before my trip that I am Preggo! that way i can tell my husband, who is not going with me before i leave...cause i wont be able to hold it in for a week while i am gone! ugh. and my mom just had lung surgery (cancer) :cry: so this owuld be something that would totally bring her spirits up during her recovery. fingers crossed so freakin tight!

Thanks for the support Mrs.B and kerrbear!

I am just frustrated because I really hoped Soy would have helped me ovulate sooner...I didn't think I'd be one of those ones who'd have it pushed back!!

Mrs. B - my doses were the following:

CD2 - 80mg
CD3 - 120mg
CD4 - 120mg
CD5 - 160mg
CD6 - 200mg

kerrbear - you're making me realize that I should have at least some positivity right now because I have been temping every day since the start of the year. Whether soy helps me in the end or not, I will at least know when/if I have ovulated. Keep temping because it will help you if you ever get in the situation I'm in right now.

For those contemplating soy - just be cautious that it could very well bump your ovulation backward, even if you already have long cycles like I do. I normally ovulate at CD21/22 and I'm up to CD27 with nothing. So just be cautious and be willing to take that risk.

On a happier note...EWCM is making a comeback for me and I *thought* I've noticed some twinges in my left side ovary area. We'll see....I've used all but one of my OPK tests (I had 30 to start with this month!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->