Soy Isoflavones??

If it was me I'd see how this cycle goes with soy and then if you don't get a BFP, try next cycle without it. :)

Yeah, I'll do that. Maybe that's why I have so many symptoms between O and AF. I never had them before and I truly believe it's messing up my cycles. In a way it's cool to be O earlier.

Congrats Sweet :flower: Just wondering how late did you O? What CD were you on?

My doctors think I've had anovulatory cycles, but I've never had testing done. A thermal shift of 0.2 degrees is all that is needed to indicate ovulation according to my doctor. When I have anovulatory cycles, I normally don't notice EWCM or ovulation pains which I had this month. This is my first cycle on soy and only my 3rd cycle TTC because they are so long. I wanted to try soy a few times before going to Clomid, but I don't know now. I'm also trying to eat better and lose weight so hopefully that will help.

Kerr - I've only ever heard a 0.4 degree thermal shift is what's needed...but maybe that's just Celsius. I feel you with the wavering between Clomid and Soy. I have a script for Clomid in my wallet, but I'm hesitant to fill it, just seems like such a drug! However, I don't know that Soy has done anything for me yet except give me brutal indigestion!
I haven't had any anovulatory testing done either, but my temp shifts are either non-existent or too small to be a healthy egg :sad1:

I bought Vitex today and am going to start taking that until I (fingers crossed) O!

I have a success story from taking soy!
I took soy in May during the 5 days after af was done. Not sure how it worked but I definitely felt O pains and I BD'd everyday 4 days before O. I took 120mg for 5 days. Got a bfp 7dpo. :)

I took soy in May during the 5 days after af was done. Not sure how it worked but I definitely felt O pains and I BD'd everyday 4 days before O. I took 120mg for 5 days. Got a bfp 7dpo. :)

Congrats on your BFP! I'm hoping I can be a soy success story. Was it your first cycle taking it?

I'm on my 4th day of soy now, suffering from headaches and i'm so tired i could fall asleep standing up! Ive started getting niggly pains in my left ovary and in my back. Can anyone tell me wen to expect to OV?

NICE!! So awesome to hear that it worked for you :):thumbup:

I'm on my 4th day of soy now, suffering from headaches and i'm so tired i could fall asleep standing up! Ive started getting niggly pains in my left ovary and in my back. Can anyone tell me wen to expect to OV?

Hmm it's really hard to tell as it seems that soy affects everyone differently.

From my experience, soy actually pushed ovulation BACK for me. I usually O on CD21/22. This time I O'd on CD28/29!! A full week later.

So really, there's no telling how it will affect you.

I can tell you thought, if you're getting headaches and are really tired, you may want to try taking the soy at night (if you don't already) if you decide to do it again next cycle. I've heard from others that taking it at night helps mitigate the symptoms. I took mine at night as well and felt no side effects.

Congrats Sweet :flower: Just wondering how late did you O? What CD were you on?

My doctors think I've had anovulatory cycles, but I've never had testing done. A thermal shift of 0.2 degrees is all that is needed to indicate ovulation according to my doctor. When I have anovulatory cycles, I normally don't notice EWCM or ovulation pains which I had this month. This is my first cycle on soy and only my 3rd cycle TTC because they are so long. I wanted to try soy a few times before going to Clomid, but I don't know now. I'm also trying to eat better and lose weight so hopefully that will help.

Kerr - I've only ever heard a 0.4 degree thermal shift is what's needed...but maybe that's just Celsius. I feel you with the wavering between Clomid and Soy. I have a script for Clomid in my wallet, but I'm hesitant to fill it, just seems like such a drug! However, I don't know that Soy has done anything for me yet except give me brutal indigestion!
I haven't had any anovulatory testing done either, but my temp shifts are either non-existent or too small to be a healthy egg :sad1:

I bought Vitex today and am going to start taking that until I (fingers crossed) O!

Yeah. It's so hard to decided what to do. Right now I'm just giving the soy a chance and hoping it will work/did already work.

Congrats on your BFP! I'm hoping I can be a soy success story. Was it your first cycle taking it?

Yes, it was my first cycle taking it. :)

I take it just before i go to sleep, still got the banging headache and today i feel really sick and have nearly thrown up a few times. Ive decided not to take it tonight

From my experience, soy actually pushed ovulation BACK for me. I usually O on CD21/22. This time I O'd on CD28/29!! A full week later.

I can tell you thought, if you're getting headaches and are really tired, you may want to try taking the soy at night (if you don't already) if you decide to do it again next cycle. I've heard from others that taking it at night helps mitigate the symptoms. I took mine at night as well and felt no side effects.

I take it just before i go to sleep, still got the banging headache and today i feel really sick and have nearly thrown up a few times. Ive decided not to take it tonight

Oh that's crappy! That bites it had such a bad effect for you. Good luck on your TTC journey!

I had the same symptoms when on my first cycle taking it. But the following cycles, I had no symptoms at all while taking it. This is my third cycle.

am 8 dpo today and on soy cycle. Just had pink cm. Had spotting last cycle but at 12 dpo which turned to AF and was a darker brown colour

Attachments

• chart june 12.jpg
    chart june 12.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 7

Yes, it was my first cycle taking it. :)

I'm so happy for you! Maybe I'll be lucky with this cycle being my first with soy, too! :)

I had some headaches, hot flashes and nausea (on and off) the first 3 days, then just hot flashes the last 2 days I took it. I took it at night right before bed. I've heard it gets better after a few cycles of taking it.

I can't really offer much help with when to expect ovulation though. I never know if/when I will ovulate. Do you ovulate regularly on a particular CD?

So, my temps and FF now indicate that I am 4dpo and so does my ovacue monitor. I am super excited!!!

How's everyone getting on? Has anyone else found that Soy delayed their ovulation? I normally O CD22-25 and I'm currently on CD24 with a negative OPK and no sign of ovulation (normally feel some kind of cramping). I'm concerned that Soy's messed up my cycles and I won't O at all :(

PS that's awesome Kerrbear, FX for you!

PS that's awesome Kerrbear, FX for you!

Thank you! I'm really excited about it!

I'm sorry it seems like the soy may be delaying ovulation for you. With the ladies on here some have had it brought forward and some have had delayed. What CD did you take the soy? I wonder if certain CD has anything to do with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->