Soy Isoflavones??

The opk's are small from online. I poas at 8dpo as well and then waited until 11 or 12dpo and my lines were dark! I was really surprised as I didn't think I would O until later like when I do clomid.

My back is killing me tonight!!! I had some tugging pains just under my bellybutton earlier and then it just went to straight up bad lower backache - my hubby said "maybe its implantation" he knows all the lingo now, lol. So far that is my only symptom other than my normal sore hot boobies after O.

How is everyone? Any TWW symptoms?

From a nurse perspective, I would take clomid over soy. We have scientific evidence that clomid works. There is NO evidence that soy works the same other than anecdotal evidence.

The quickest way to a BFP IMO is clomid. For couple with success, clomid typically works in 3 months.

The mainstream medical field usually will not recommend any "alternative" treatments... pharmaceutical companies have way to much money to lose if people could treat themselves.

My back is killing me tonight!!! I had some tugging pains just under my bellybutton earlier and then it just went to straight up bad lower backache - my hubby said "maybe its implantation" he knows all the lingo now, lol.
haha Funny guy ;)

Powell, I take 1000mg. Last cycle I was taking 2000 - but it was just too much pill popping!!!

Started random spotting today :shrug: I do not know why. I spotted a ton last cycle, but I thought it was due to this weird leaf bath I was taking. It's super light brown, so I'm not worried about it, just weirded out :wacko: I think I'll poas later tonight to see it I O'd earlier...though I highly doubt it.

I did book myself an acupuncture appointment for tomorrow morning!!!! Nervous!!! I hate needles (but I love babies!!!)

xx

CD14 and having a lot of cramps today. Gonna opk at 8 when I get home. Shouldn't be long now.

I'm on the same cd as you. Please keep me posted on your progress. I'm nauseous everyday i get a salty taste in my mouth at times I'm also having alot of cramping mostly on the right side now before it was both sides. How are you feeling?

Mas- Mayb that is what it is! I remember something similar my cycle I got preg. I don't remember exactly what day tho lol

Floatingbaby- I took 3000mg when I did take it, I didn't really notice a difference in CM tho. Does it work for you? As for the spotting, what CD are you? I've heard lots of success stories that include acupuncture, GL :)

Leah- FX those cramps are good cramps!!

AFM - nothing too interesting. except this (slightly TMI, but really is there such a thing when TTC?) I was checking my CP & CM tonight in the shower and noticed a stretchy little bit of stuff. It wasn't like regular CM, it was kinda more like a glob, if that makes any since. Kinda like a booger mixed with snot, like you can definitely see the difference between the two. Sorry for the weird analogy, it's the only thing I can think of to describe it ! Could it have been some :spermy: left over from :sex: this morning? That's the only thing I can think of, even tho I've never seen it before! :shrug:

Sorry to cut in but I was wondering if any of you have noticed heavier/longer periods since taking the Soy? I am wanting to length my period since it is only 1-2 days long and think that it might mean thin uterine lining. Any info will help. Thanks!!

kerr, that sounds really cool! I think I saw that while online shopping before!

Powell, you crack me up!!! Enjoy POAS

I have never taken EPO, but I do take Fish Oil and do not appreciate fish oil burps!!

I will make myself wait to test until this saturday, which will be 8 dpo.

It is cool. I really like it. Good luck when you test!!

Sorry to cut in but I was wondering if any of you have noticed heavier/longer periods since taking the Soy? I am wanting to length my period since it is only 1-2 days long and think that it might mean thin uterine lining. Any info will help. Thanks!!

My period was actually shorter this cycle with taking soy than it was my last cycle. I'm not sure if it can lengthen periods or not.

I don't have a very long cycle either 2-3 days max and even when my lining is thick its that long. Clomid made my periods lighter and yucky brown so I am hoping since my lining is good that I at least get a red period this month on soy or no period would be better because I'm pregnant! Fxed for the chooice number two!

My period was actually shorter this cycle with taking soy than it was my last cycle. I'm not sure if it can lengthen periods or not.

Mine was shorter also, by 1 day.

From a nurse perspective, I would take clomid over soy. We have scientific evidence that clomid works. There is NO evidence that soy works the same other than anecdotal evidence.

The quickest way to a BFP IMO is clomid. For couple with success, clomid typically works in 3 months.

The mainstream medical field usually will not recommend any "alternative" treatments... pharmaceutical companies have way to much money to lose if people could treat themselves.

I had a terrible reponse to clomid - I made some follicles but I'm not even sure I ovulated on it even when they triggered me, my lining was thin, I was dry, I was really depressed and I never got sore boobs after O (which tells me I didn't O) and it made my cycles 5 days longer. I know soy it working, even without scientific evidence as my ultrasounds are evidence. I made a whopping 8 follicles (more than I made on injectibles) my lining is better than any other cycle and I ovulated on cd15. Even if I don't get a BFP this cycle I will try again just for the great response I had. I don't even have side effects other than headaches when taking the soy for the five days. Some people do not respond well to western medicine. I have by far had a better esponse and I feel better using alternative medicine, acupuncture, fertility yoga, etc... And I agree about pharmaceutical companies. Anyway that is my rant for the day, lol.
Btw - I am currently studying herbology and reflexology because I want to help others as it helped me.

The opk's are small from online. I poas at 8dpo as well and then waited until 11 or 12dpo and my lines were dark! I was really surprised as I didn't think I would O until later like when I do clomid.

Do you mean CD or DPO..because DPO wouldn't make any sense unless you're talking about a HPT because there's not really any reason to take an OPK on DPO days ;)

Well Powell thanks for having hope in my patience, but sorry to let you down..I have decided to test tomorrow!! It is ridiculous really!! I felt some af cramps last night and if it was implantation that would be a day and a half for hcg to register on a hpt...That is my irrational rationale!! I have 4 hpt's, 3 of which are frer and 1 a cvs brand.

Well. OPK is lighter today than yesterday. I have to work tonight so I guess that's a good thing. Soy may be moving my O back I supposed. Maybe those cramps were constipation cramps but they def felt like ovary pains. Maybe follicles growing? Idk.

Hope it's soon though!!!

I had a terrible reponse to clomid - I made some follicles but I'm not even sure I ovulated on it even when they triggered me, my lining was thin, I was dry, I was really depressed and I never got sore boobs after O (which tells me I didn't O) and it made my cycles 5 days longer. I know soy it working, even without scientific evidence as my ultrasounds are evidence. I made a whopping 8 follicles (more than I made on injectibles) my lining is better than any other cycle and I ovulated on cd15. Even if I don't get a BFP this cycle I will try again just for the great response I had. I don't even have side effects other than headaches when taking the soy for the five days. Some people do not respond well to western medicine. I have by far had a better esponse and I feel better using alternative medicine, acupuncture, fertility yoga, etc... And I agree about pharmaceutical companies. Anyway that is my rant for the day, lol.
Btw - I am currently studying herbology and reflexology because I want to help others as it helped me.

I'm a nurse as well, but I believe in trying natural things first in certain instances. There are many supplements and alternative therapies that I think people could benefit from if they give them a chance.

I hope that I don't have a bad experience with Clomid. Do you think you would have continued trying Clomid if you had a good experience with it?

KMP- LOL!! That's funny. How many DPO are you? GL with testing!! Hoping that was implantation that you felt :)

Wannasticky- Could you have maybe missed your surge? I hope you O soon and catch that eggie!!

AFM- Little bit of twinges here and there but nothing too notable. I'm really hoping that I will O this month! I really don't even care what CD, I just want to see a positive OPK and cross-hairs on my chart. I've never seen either! :(

I don't think so! I have been opking everyday almost twice a day. Except yesterday. I didn't get to test last night, but I had no cramps yesterday and negative this morning.

My dr actually wanted me to try Soy before clomid. She wanted me to try clomid but I asked her if she thought I could try Soy first. She happily agreed and said she should have told me that to try before clomid.

Hmm...I'm new to the whole OPK thing so that's all I really know lol That's good that your doctor is up for the Soy too!

AFM - I've been feeling something going on in there in the last hour I've been sitting here at the computer. I guess because I'm not moving around and can notice it better. It's almost like a burning feeling toward my ovaries but not quite. Kinda hard to explain. And a mild lower back ache. Anyone experience anything similar?

Do you mean CD or DPO..because DPO wouldn't make any sense unless you're talking about a HPT because there's not really any reason to take an OPK on DPO days ;)

I meant cd11 or 12, lol :blush:

Kerrbear - I did 6 cycles of clomid and the first cycle my side effects weren't too bad but each month the got progressively worse until I was a nightmare to be around. I did 5 cycles in a row and then I tried one more cycle last month with injectibles. And it was not as bad but still not good. Not everyone responds badly to clomid though. I hope you have a good response and get your BFP asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->