Soy Isoflavones??

Thinking of trying the soy for this next cycle but worried - my cycles vary so much, not sure when I should be taking it. What do you think about taking a lower mg over a longer span of time? Would that help at all?

Of course, you can try at 60mg to start and the last two days take 80mg. Nothing wrong with starting slow

I'm feeling pretty low right now. I had all those symptoms from dpo5 to dpo12. And today I'm just not feeling it at all. Woke up with sore bbs again, but nothing else. I think I might be out again :cry:
I'll wait on Monday to see if AF appears. I'm suppose to call on CD1 to schedule a HSG and on CD3 more blood test including one for pregnancy just in case before HSG.

Well, if AF shows up, I'll be doing Soy again but I'm going to try Preseed too. I wish I could buy of the counter instead of ordering it online.

I'm feeling pretty low right now. I had all those symptoms from dpo5 to dpo12. And today I'm just not feeling it at all. Woke up with sore bbs again, but nothing else. I think I might be out again :cry:
I'll wait on Monday to see if AF appears. I'm suppose to call on CD1 to schedule a HSG and on CD3 more blood test including one for pregnancy just in case before HSG.

Well, if AF shows up, I'll be doing Soy again but I'm going to try Preseed too. I wish I could buy of the counter instead of ordering it online.

Hi Danielle, I know its totally confusing, somedays it feels like I have every symptom in the book and others nothing at all, feel totally fine, like today apart from headache in the mo4ning feel totally fine which makes me doubt but then I figure everyday is different and just got to stay positive.

All your symptoms sound really promising so FX for a BFP on Monday.

hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows if taking soy will skew your blood test results?

I'm meant to do FSH, LH and testesterone but I wanted to start taking soy this month as well. I can't do the test before CD6. I ovulate but not until CD21/22 of 30....

hmmm I wouldn't know. I'm doing mine on CD3, same tests as you. So I'll start Soy on that day at night.
You can take Soy on CD5-9, I don't think one day of taking it would make a big different in your test results.

Copied the below for y'all as extra info

"Soy Isoflavones" is a natural plant derived phytoestrogen (phyto means plant), which is an anti-estrogen, just like Clomid. Both are known as SERMs (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators). It works by fooling your brain into thinking its estrogen levels are low. This causes your body to reslease more FSH & LH which helps stimulate follicle production (same as Clomid). You take Soy Isoflavones, like Clomid, on CD 1-5 or 2-6, or 3-7 or 5-9. It is not thought to cause infertility if it is only taken for 5 days a month. There is not much published information available on it regarding TTC, because it is "natural", not patented by the pharmaceutical companies, and not FDA approved. Most doctors will also not recommend it for this reason.Recently, many women on FertilityFriend.com have been taking 150-160mg a day for 5 days at the beginning of the menstrual cycle (on days previously mentioned). Side effects reported are similar to Clomid. These vary from increased number of headaches to hot flashes. It has been suggested that taking the dosage before bedtime lessens the side effects.I was doing some research on FertilityFriend.com to uncover just how many girls have recently conceived while on Soy Isoflavones and what days they took the supplement. I found a girl who took it on CD 1-5, 200mg Soy Isoflavones, and she got a strong BFP at 15dpo that cycle.*Her chart can be viewed here. Her HCG levels at 15dpo were 443 and at 18dpo HCG 1,347. Impressive. I found a survey on FF that was interesting as well:*What was interesting is that 75% of the women who tried Soy Isoflavones got a BFP in their FIRST cycle trying. I checked the survey more recently and the number has jumped to 77% since I took the screenshot.While Soy Isoflavones can help bring on an earlier or stronger Ovulation for these women, I must note that in some women it did not help at all. Just like Clomid doesn't always work for everyone. Right now there are a lot more women trying Soy Isoflavones so I will continue to monitor their progress and report back any news I find.You can buy a bottle of Soy Isoflavones at any health food store .

Hi everyone how are you all getting on? According to my cbfm i ovulated on cd 16 which is 2 days earlier than normal so thats good. I am 4 dpo today and i am getting loads of cm and some with a little dried blood to it but this is only when i wipe, sorry tmi. Has anyone else had this before?

Well looks like I'm starting again. I better go buy Soy on Monday.

Sorry to hear its not your month danielle. Hopefully your'll have better luck this time around

I hope so too. Got some testing to do soon (HSG and blood tests) I hope I'll get some answers.

How long have you been trying for? I have pcos and have been trying for 2 years. I see you get married in 27 days bet your dead excited about that? Hopefully your tests will come back fine. Have they spoken to you about over tablets you could try? I've been on clomid and tamoxifen. Why don't you try a higher dose of soy and see if that works?

How long have you been trying for? I have pcos and have been trying for 2 years. I see you get married in 27 days bet your dead excited about that? Hopefully your tests will come back fine. Have they spoken to you about over tablets you could try? I've been on clomid and tamoxifen. Why don't you try a higher dose of soy and see if that works?

We have been trying for a year now. I had an ectopic in January. I'm regular when it comes to AF. I went to see my OB/GYM on May 24th. She wasn't worried because I should get pregnant easily according to her. She didn't recommend Clomid, she wants to do some tests first. Maybe my tubes are blocked. My fiancé is finally willing to do some testing if needed once I'm done with mines.
I did Soy at CD5-9 and didn't take any higher doses than 150mg. I will do CD3-7 this time: 100mg, 150mg, 150mg, 200mg, 200mg.
Does this sound good?
Maybe I should do Evening Primrose Oil too?

So I have a question for you ladies. I posted a thread about this, too. I'm looking for some help/advice. I had what I thought was my period 2 weeks ago and took soy on CD3-7. I had lighter bleeding. I've had some bleeding for the past 3 days (including today). When i woke up today the pad was soaked and there was a lot of clots there. I'm having more cramping and this is looking more like my usual period. I think this is AF and that I will be counting today as CD3. Would I be able to take the soy again?

I'm thinking that 2 weeks ago I was maybe having some breakthrough bleeding from stopping FertilAid mid cycle. Any ideas?

Hi Danielle so sorry, fx this will be your cycle.xxx

Keerbear maybe start again if you think this is your actyal af and not tge one two weeks ago. fx and gl

I am thinking this is it. The flow is more like my usual flow and I always have clots with AF.I didn't have clots 2 weeks ago. I just wish my body would cooperate with me, lol. I'm going to see how the flow is the rest of today and if it's still the same, then I'll start the soy tonight as this would be CD3 then. I'll have to go through and adjust my charting, too. :sigh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->