• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sperm Meets Egg Plan - Anyone joining me?

Ladies-question for you....I was suddenly besieged by all kinds of doubts..

I'm a real gym bunny...I have been working out for the last 7 years. I do a mix of cardio,weights and functional training..Everything I read says this should not damage my chances of conceiving but I suddenly had this awful thought....What if the zygote doesnt implant at all because I'm in motion..or what if it wants to implant when I am running on a treadmill and gets dislodged?
It sounds super silly I know..but i was getting very worried...Any thoughts please??

In all honesty I have no idea of the answer to this. Everything i've ever read though says that exercise is absolutely fine as long as it's what you're used to. So if you've been exercising regularly for 7 years (amazing!) then you should be fine. I know plenty of people who have gotten pregnant without any problems whilst working out, one of my good friends does marathons (mental) - but didn't stop training at all when she was ttc and had no probs! I guess it's just what your body is used to!

If I on the other hand decided to do some intense work out, my whole body would go into panic and shut down, let alone be able to make a baby!!

I had the same panic the other day! I think smiley is right that its best to stick to your normal plan, however personally I would avoid sit ups or stomach crunches in the 2WW just to be sure. I should think running is ok, and unfortunately i dont think i can get away with not using my xtrainer. :dohh:

I;m getting some more twinges again today - really have my hopes up now so think I may need to extend mine to 3.5 glasses of wine... :drunk:

I'm a real gym bunny...I have been working out for the last 7 years. I do a mix of cardio,weights and functional training..Everything I read says this should not damage my chances of conceiving but I suddenly had this awful thought....What if the zygote doesnt implant at all because I'm in motion..or what if it wants to implant when I am running on a treadmill and gets dislodged?
It sounds super silly I know..but i was getting very worried...Any thoughts please??

In all honesty I have no idea of the answer to this. Everything i've ever read though says that exercise is absolutely fine as long as it's what you're used to. So if you've been exercising regularly for 7 years (amazing!) then you should be fine. I know plenty of people who have gotten pregnant without any problems whilst working out, one of my good friends does marathons (mental) - but didn't stop training at all when she was ttc and had no probs! I guess it's just what your body is used to!

If I on the other hand decided to do some intense work out, my whole body would go into panic and shut down, let alone be able to make a baby!!

WOW, thanks so much for posting that smiley and so glad I'm not alone in these fears certainturton...feel a bit better. If a marathon runner caught the egg, hopefully I should be fine

if no :baby: 3.5 glasses of wine! :dance: I LIKE IT!!!

can i see your 3.5 glasses and raise you to 4?
I think I will need it this month. can't work out what dpo I am got a high on cbfm on 19th and another on 20th so could be 4/5 dpo. Had one symptom though once today 'ohh my bbs are heavy' thought now dislodged. sainity resumes

hey ladies...sorry i have been m.i.a. but my computer is broken so i am currently at the library(surprised the walls didn't crumble..lol) anyway sad to say that like clockwork i got:witch:: today. i knew it was coming from monday..followed smep except for one day cause i was sick....oh well after three years of disappointment you kind of expect it...i hope everyone gets there :bfp: i will check in ASAP :dust::dust::dust:

So glad you have similar thoughts to me. I want to try one of those vibro steps as going on holiday in summer but am scared vibration will stop implantation. Maybe stay away from motion machines to be on safe side after ovulation and if you get your bfp ask midwife. If you are active wouldnt stop working out as that can mess with your ovulation dates xx

ptntly wtg - Sorry to hear AF arrived, I was wondering how things were going for you. :hugs::hugs::hugs: have you been trying for 3 years?? You are absolutely amazing if you have been, I really hope you get your BFP soon!! x

can i see your 3.5 glasses and raise you to 4?
I think I will need it this month. can't work out what dpo I am got a high on cbfm on 19th and another on 20th so could be 4/5 dpo. Had one symptom though once today 'ohh my bbs are heavy' thought now dislodged. sainity resumes

:D I'm not sure there can ever be sanity in the tww!! I'll go with 4 (doesn't take much to persuade me at the best of times)

Been looking through the list of smilies, there are some odd ones in there.... but I would like to know when this one can be used in a sentance... :flasher:
(other than, I was out walking today and there was a flasher)

Oh, and I was driving home from work today and casually stopped at a green traffic light. It didn't even click when the backlog of angry rush hour cars behind me were beeping.... I only noticed when the light turned red, and I just thought - that's weird.....

Ooops. x

Ptnly wtg- so sorry to hear that :( :hugs: lots of luck for thenext cycle- will you follow Smep again?

Smiley- you do make me giggle :) maybe it's babybrain you have!? Fx for you tomorrow- keep us updated.

Ha, it would be nice to put it down to baby brain.... but unfortunately I think it's just my brain!

Good luck for test number 2 for you tomorrow! x

Good luck certainturton. Smiley will be thinking about you tomorrow. Chin up and good luck for a positive result. I hope u have some kind of treat planned. Sleep well ladies, crazy vivid dreams to us all.

Just had a thought about the:flasher: smiley it could be used as a crazy alert as in:

:flasher: after 9 months ttc, each month I worry that I am still subconciously taking the pill every morning and wonder if that's why we aren't pregnant ::flasher:

So glad you have similar thoughts to me. I want to try one of those vibro steps as going on holiday in summer but am scared vibration will stop implantation. Maybe stay away from motion machines to be on safe side after ovulation and if you get your bfp ask midwife. If you are active wouldnt stop working out as that can mess with your ovulation dates xx

So glad I am not alone ! I'm sticking to my regular workout for now and avoiding any kind of over training ....We'll see what it brings but it would just kill me if i got :bfn: and put on weight at the end of the cycle from not working out!

Certainturton- Good LUCK!!!! eagerly watching this space
Smiley- May Gods of fertility be on your side in banishing :af: I think you should block every green signal today if AF stays away....
Ptntlywtg- So sorry the :witch: got you...You may have company soon.I'm feeling out :cry:
MrsFX- LOL, that is hilarious!! I think I could use it for advice- If hubby doesnt feel up to :sex:, just :flasher:

Ladies- a wonderful and very factual description of the TTC process....I found it useful

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/conceive.html

Ladies- a wonderful and very factual description of the TTC process....I found it useful

This is great, thanks!!!

I like how it so coolly advises you not to read too much into breast tenderness or other 'symptoms' cause progesterone has the same effect either pre AF or pregnancy....much needed pail of cold water for all of us !!

Good luck certainturton. Smiley will be thinking about you tomorrow. Chin up and good luck for a positive result. I hope u have some kind of treat planned. Sleep well ladies, crazy vivid dreams to us all.

Just had a thought about the:flasher: smiley it could be used as a crazy alert as in:

:flasher: after 9 months ttc, each month I worry that I am still subconciously taking the pill every morning and wonder if that's why we aren't pregnant ::flasher:

This is a great idea! Will definitely use those little guys for a crazy alert!

This is fab! Going to give it a good read today :D

Well no AF yet, but did a test and BFN so I guess it's just a matter of time. Really gutted cuz I thought it was my month, some symptoms (like sore nips) I have never had before, ever! So just a bit upset by my body trickery, will not read into anything next month. :nope:

x

This is a great idea! Will definitely use those little guys for a crazy alert!

This is fab! Going to give it a good read today :D

Well no AF yet, but did a test and BFN so I guess it's just a matter of time. Really gutted cuz I thought it was my month, some symptoms (like sore nips) I have never had before, ever! So just a bit upset by my body trickery, will not read into anything next month. :nope:

x

Smiley- You're not out until that ugly :witch: shows...I've read scores of people didnt get :bfp: until a week after AF date....as long as she doesnt show, dont lose hope!! :hugs:
I was totally thinking it was my month last time...so staying away from symptom spotting totally. But already feeling out....

Sorry to hear that smiley :hugs: but i agree with kbkb you are not out yet :)
Thanks for the link kbkb will have a read through during a procrastination/coffee (Decaf-sign) break later :coffee:

For me it was also a BF "Not Pregnant" this morning, but I am only 9dpo - Sadly my 'symptoms' seem to be fading too :( There were 2 lines on the test stick but apparently for a CB digi that doesn't mean anything - such cruelty! I do have some IC's left from before the study which are early response so may be tempted to try one of those 1st thing tomorrow as well, just in case, I am such a POAS addict!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->