• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sperm Meets Egg Plan - Anyone joining me?

It's like, once you start paying close attention, you realize how many little aches, pains, twinges, and generally strange things your body does on a daily basis!

Seriously...which is why I am resolved NOT to read into anything and NOT to test unless AF is past due...so much heartbreak if you get your hopes all up with these 'symptoms' :cry:

Smiley330-Any more tests? What's the news with you....werent you going to test 12 dpo?

Smiley330-Any more tests? What's the news with you....werent you going to test 12 dpo?

Hey! Yep I tested and was pretty much BFN, I posted on it a few posts back.... So just waiting now until AF shows. Not really sure what's going on :nope:

How are you getting on? x

Smiley- yes i did see that one...I thought you were testing again after a couple of days...Well done to hold off! Me, sitting tight sipping :coffee: -haha, joys of the two week wait!

Just looked at my ticker, I thought I was 13dpo today - but actually 12dpo... weird.

No, just gonna wait I think - only a couple more days now till AF is due so may as well sit it out and see. Some things are convincing me im pregnant but seeing that BFN has made me think otherwise. Would really like it if my body could just shout out at me either way!!! (Ok, I guess AF is good communication from my body, but I want something sooner!!)

You seem so relaxed, i'm so envious!! Definitely got to try this approach next time. Can't believe i've spent almost 2 whole weeks driving myself crazy :dohh:

Think I need a :coffee:

hahaha, did I hear relaxed??? nooooooooooo, far from....I wish there was some way to know sooner too,but trying hard to maintain some semblance of calm!
I think I'll start getting really impatient at 10 dpo or so...grr...

Morning Ladies- how are we all today? I'm feeling 'out' this month now - I tell you what I'm all over the place, one min I'm thinking, this all looks promising then I think, no it could all be due to this or that :( Oh well, 1st test tomorrow but even if i was preg I dont think it would be pos this early on!

Morning Ladies- how are we all today? I'm feeling 'out' this month now - I tell you what I'm all over the place, one min I'm thinking, this all looks promising then I think, no it could all be due to this or that :( Oh well, 1st test tomorrow but even if i was preg I dont think it would be pos this early on!

Morning !!! No, you're not out until :witch: shows, no giving up before then!! I read everywhere on the 2WW forums that the symptoms come and go but yours sound good for sure...:thumbup:Keep the faith and GL with the test !

Definitely not out hun! It's still so early for you :flower: so don't get down! Even if it is too early to get a bfp tomorrow, you get to satisfy any poas urges all in the name of research!! :D

Thanks girls :hugs: made me feel better - Its strange when i wake up i don't have many symptoms but by mid morning they seem back in full flow...hmmm. Also just received a 'vouchercodes' email and saw one for mothercare - got all excited then sad - hope its soon for us all!
:dust:

So far today I have been mainly pinching my nips to see if they are still hurting.:blush:..... They are, but wouldnt anyones if they were pinched every second!! Oh dear, reaching all new levels of madness today.

Only 2 days left to go!!! (for now)

Well I think i will officaially be out this cycle. Got the flu (who gets it in May?) accompanied by sickness on what is my fertile week so really not been up for DtD! Has meant also not been aboe to find a +OPK possibly due to drinking excess liquids. So unfair! But Dont think DH would have wanted to come near me anyway - Ruldoph is so not a sexy look! Fertile week according to babycentre ovulation calender is due to end Thursday so hopefully i might ovulate towards the end of the week which by then i might feel in the mood or that i ovulated early and just caught it! Am hoping will have the luck my friend had - after 4 months TTC she DTD once in the month and get a BFP! Why is it time seems to slow down when cycle counting?:nope::cry:

Smiley - don't gove up its not over til the AF sings and there is still hope as you have had faint lines on a couple of S/D POAS.

:thumbup:

People have been asking a lot about CM. I know most of you will have read something but for those unsure thought this might help (taken from babyHopes)

Before Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
The first few days following menstruation, there will be little or no discharge present. You will feel dryness around your vulva. During this time, chances of getting pregnant are low.

Approaching Ovulation (chance of pregnancy):
The first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. In the finger test, the mucus should break easily. You will only be able to pull your fingers about 1 cm apart before it breaks. During this transition time, first the mucus will become cloudy and slightly stretchy during the finger test (this means that it will still break before the fingers are stretched all the way). As time progresses, the mucus will become greater in volume.

Right around ovulation (high chance of pregnancy):
At this stage, mucus resembles egg whites. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. Finger testing will allow the mucus to stretch quite a ways (several centimeters) before it breaks (if it breaks at all). ) The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your ‘mucus peak’. This is the last day of this period where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. During this phase, the sperm’s survival rate is higher. It can survive in cervical mucus for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle.

After Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage (does not stretch during finger test) and there is again a feeling of dryness around the vulva.

One caution for this test is that sperm can be confused with the mucus secretions and you could make wrong assumptions. Also, vaginal infections, medication, and birth control can alter conditions and should be taken into consideration when examining any vaginal secretions.

Hope this helps someone and sorry for long post!!!

:dust::dust: to all x

Well I think i will officaially be out this cycle. Got the flu (who gets it in May?) accompanied by sickness on what is my fertile week so really not been up for DtD! Has meant also not been aboe to find a +OPK possibly due to drinking excess liquids. So unfair! But Dont think DH would have wanted to come near me anyway - Ruldoph is so not a sexy look! Fertile week according to babycentre ovulation calender is due to end Thursday so hopefully i might ovulate towards the end of the week which by then i might feel in the mood or that i ovulated early and just caught it! Am hoping will have the luck my friend had - after 4 months TTC she DTD once in the month and get a BFP! Why is it time seems to slow down when cycle counting?:nope::cry:

Smiley - don't gove up its not over til the AF sings and there is still hope as you have had faint lines on a couple of S/D POAS.

:thumbup:

People have been asking a lot about CM. I know most of you will have read something but for those unsure thought this might help (taken from babyHopes)

Before Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
The first few days following menstruation, there will be little or no discharge present. You will feel dryness around your vulva. During this time, chances of getting pregnant are low.

Approaching Ovulation (chance of pregnancy):
The first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. In the finger test, the mucus should break easily. You will only be able to pull your fingers about 1 cm apart before it breaks. During this transition time, first the mucus will become cloudy and slightly stretchy during the finger test (this means that it will still break before the fingers are stretched all the way). As time progresses, the mucus will become greater in volume.

Right around ovulation (high chance of pregnancy):
At this stage, mucus resembles egg whites. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. Finger testing will allow the mucus to stretch quite a ways (several centimeters) before it breaks (if it breaks at all). ) The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your ‘mucus peak’. This is the last day of this period where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. During this phase, the sperm’s survival rate is higher. It can survive in cervical mucus for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle.

After Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage (does not stretch during finger test) and there is again a feeling of dryness around the vulva.

One caution for this test is that sperm can be confused with the mucus secretions and you could make wrong assumptions. Also, vaginal infections, medication, and birth control can alter conditions and should be taken into consideration when examining any vaginal secretions.

Hope this helps someone and sorry for long post!!!

:dust::dust: to all x

What a shame about your flu!!! hope you feel better really soon and before your fertile period is over....dont count yourself out just yet!
and thank you for all the info on CM you posted!!

peeps- here is another CM link that I found useful- So i'm guessing from it that the white clumps I'm getting since May 20 signal infertile days

https://www.lifeissues.net/writers/kla/img/nfp03.gif

Hope you find it useful

Thanks KBKB - might try and apply some foundation to my awfully red nose and try and seduce him in next couple of days and hopefully will get last day of fertile week - as long as I have not given him the bug! i made him sleep in another room last night just to try and avoid him catching it!!!!!!
I think if your CM is white but not stretchy and is more sticky then you are into your infirtile days...
As I am new on this can anyone tell me how to get the signatures after their posts?

Hopingitwill - Wow! Thanks for that information, is nice to be able to tell whats going on now :) Though, I swear my cm isn't the same for 2 days running :shrug: - Hmmmm.. Maybe need to pay better attention to it!
Good luck with catching your fertile week, it's a bugger when illnesses get in the way of ttc plans! I was ill in our first month, and there was nothing sexy about all the snot I was producing :sick:

To get a signature you need to go into User CP (top left) and then edit sig down the page a bit!

kbkb -That is also brill, dare I say I might be starting to understand my body??....

Hope everyone has had nice days today! x

Just done opk and had darkest line I have seen. Dh thinks it is similar colour to control line so hopefully might catch the last couple of days of week fx. That's if dh agrees to a less romantic time and more of a means to an end (tmi) when dtd as dry chapped lips and nose might be a passion killer!

Smiley- when are you testing again. Got everything crossed that your next test confirms you sd test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->