Sperm Meets Egg Plan - Anyone joining me?

So I bd'd day 8, 10, 12, 13 (+opk), and 14...had to miss last day in a row...so sick...i hope this doesnt mess anything up...well tomorrow is last bd..even though i am sick i have to give it a shot...btw i have been using preseed too..it works really well:sick:

Haha, I really have no will power whatsoever! I'm hoping that now i've said I wont be testing until the 26th that means I wont.... In reality, I will probably begin on the 20th and do one every day until i'm late just to confirm either way! :winkwink:

CertainTurton - What research study are you doing? Sounds interesting!

xxx

Its a study here in Cambridge where I live looking at your heart during implantation and pregnancy - apparently the valves thicken!? so basically i have to monitor my ovulation and keep the tests then when i get smiley i have to wait 8 days and then start using a prg test everyday until either 3 BFPs or AF. Once im preg I then get a scan at 6 and 8 weeks as well as the usual ones. They also check your heart function and take bloods. Its great coz you get all the tests for free and extra scans. It also gives a good excuse to test, although i have to admit seeing 'not pregnant' so much is a bit hard sometimes! This is my 3rd month doing the study - maybe 3rd time lucky!?! :winkwink:

So I bd'd day 8, 10, 12, 13 (+opk), and 14...had to miss last day in a row...so sick...i hope this doesnt mess anything up...well tomorrow is last bd..even though i am sick i have to give it a shot...btw i have been using preseed too..it works really well:sick:

Sorry to hear you are ill :( :hugs: I'm sure that was fine, you covered the main days!! FX for you!! I love preseed, only used for 1 month so far, looking forward to next months :)

[Its a study here in Cambridge where I live looking at your heart during implantation and pregnancy - apparently the valves thicken!? so basically i have to monitor my ovulation and keep the tests then when i get smiley i have to wait 8 days and then start using a prg test everyday until either 3 BFPs or AF. Once im preg I then get a scan at 6 and 8 weeks as well as the usual ones. They also check your heart function and take bloods. Its great coz you get all the tests for free and extra scans. It also gives a good excuse to test, although i have to admit seeing 'not pregnant' so much is a bit hard sometimes! This is my 3rd month doing the study - maybe 3rd time lucky!?! :winkwink:

Sounds great! How did you find out about that? I don't live too far from you (Oxfordshire) - would be nice to find something like that round here. Lets hope it is 3rd time lucky!!

When I was pregnant with DS they asked me to complete this research thing - I thought yep, sounds good, a few extra scans will be nice.... but no, all they wanted to do was take extra lots of blood!!

ptntly wtg - Hope you feel better soon!! Silly question maybe, but what is preseed?? x

It is great, I'm enjoying it. I found out at the hospital, because I'm a researcher myself (although into drug addiction). They are still looking if you are willing to travel. Hmm yes i have to give blood but not much - at least this has benefits too!

Preseed is a lube which is designed to help fertility ( https://www.preseed.co.uk/ )Its great stuff and has got great reviews on here for helping people to conceive after lots of time. It helps the sperm swim to the egg and also helps with, umm, dryness....

Well I used the preseed and SMEP this cycle so I am really hoping I get lucky this time. I'm only 4dpo and the wait is killing me already aaagh!

used the SMEP, preseed, and softcups...pulled out all the stops this cycle. 10dpo today and BFN :( starting to lose hope already....

Sorry to hear you are ill :( :hugs: I'm sure that was fine, you covered the main days!! FX for you!! I love preseed, only used for 1 month so far, looking forward to next months :)

i hope so...testing may 26th if AF doesnt arrive!!!! good luck to all!!!!:flower:

I've given up with the OPKs for this cycle as there's something super messed up, plus we've not been able to DTD when needed due to OH being v tired and now having a visitor in the house! :(

Hopefully next cycle.

Hello Ladies!

How is everyone? Anything new / exciting to report?! :D

I'm on 4dpo (I think), but am very confused. Yesterday I had ewcm, surely I shouldnt have had that if I ov'd when I thought I did? I did a digital OPK on Friday and there was definitely no smiley face!! I'm also getting a dull ache in my lower abdomen - which I thought must be ov pains, but not according to my OPK! Arghhhhh!

I'm just resigning myself to madness for the remainder of the TWW. :cry:

xxx

Hi smiley.

Did you get positive opks 4 days ago? Who know for sure what crazy stuff is going on inside us. Hopefully it is something positive like fertilisation or implantation.

We are on cd 8. I feel excited and anxious. After 9 months I've stopped thinking it's going to happen, until cd 21-28 then I'm convinced it has until Af puts me in my place.

Hoping that this month being on this forum will take the edge off things.

I hope good things r happening for you smiley.

I think I'm coming into my fertile period now, due to finding OH totally irresistible tmi. Using opks and they seem to be getting there. I'm only cd9 but had begun to suspect that o oved early in my cycle. Fingers crossed for a positive soon. I'm finding restricting sex quite hard.
:dust: to us all!

OPK is positive!!!! SMEP here I come!!!

Hi smiley.

Did you get positive opks 4 days ago? Who know for sure what crazy stuff is going on inside us. Hopefully it is something positive like fertilisation or implantation.

We are on cd 8. I feel excited and anxious. After 9 months I've stopped thinking it's going to happen, until cd 21-28 then I'm convinced it has until Af puts me in my place.

Hoping that this month being on this forum will take the edge off things.

I hope good things r happening for you smiley.

Yep, got the +OPK 4 days ago :shrug: It would be nice to think it was something like fertilisation or implantation - but that is wishful thinking i think. I don't think there would be those types of pains this soon?!

This forum is brilliant, I was begining to drive OH mad with all the ttc talk - and none of my friends / family know we're trying so can't talk to them. Its just nice that you can say whatever you want and discuss all the "nitty gritty" on here :)

Good luck this month - have you tried this plan before?

mammag - YAY!! Good luck with SMEP!

x

This forum is brilliant, I was begining to drive OH mad with all the ttc talk - and none of my friends / family know we're trying so can't talk to them. Its just nice that you can say whatever you want and discuss all the "nitty gritty" on here :)

Good luck this month - have you tried this plan before?

mammag - YAY!! Good luck with SMEP!

x[/QUOTE]

I thought we had done this plan before but looking through my calendar (I have an ap for that!!) we start with every other day but never manage the 3 in a row. Something always happens that means we can't. This week there is only one hitch with DH working night shift on cd 10 but fine after that. Hope I don't OV early.

smep is gonna be this cycle for me i also bought the book taking charge of your fertility... good reviews on it... so very hopeful

DH and I are determined to smep next cycle! We were going to this month but work shifts got in the way x

Hi there,

This is what worked for me the first time around and what i will be doing this cycle since we decided last night that my son needs a sibling.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Wendy
x

Hi there,

This is what worked for me the first time around and what i will be doing this cycle since we decided last night that my son needs a sibling.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Wendy
x

Yay! It's nice to hear from people that it's been successful for! Good luck for this cycle :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->