Sperm Meets Egg Plan - Anyone joining me?

Hi Ladies and welcome to the newbies :) :hi: I have updated the list for you and lots of luck being sent your way.

MommyMel - like Smiley said you basically DTD every other day from now on until a pos opk then do it for 3 days in a row :) should cover all your bases!

kbkb sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish :( hopefully some nice cravings for galaxy or something will come soon and then that will be 'all you can eat' and there will be no way anyone can tell you no! :haha:

ptntly wtg: TEST TEST TEST you are soo strong!! I really hope you get a nice fat line when you do giev in to the POAS urges! (ah go on) :haha:

AFM- 5dpo and still no symptoms...I'm sure it must be a good thing really...FX!! Still trying to decide if i can justify POAS on Fathers day as i will only be 7dpo.

i really want to but i am holding out...now i am kind of feeling like i am getting my period so i am just gonna wait...why waste the test :shrug:

so I got another smiley face at 6pm today,so we just bded...should I do another test tomorrow to see if ovualtion has passed? its my first time using the smiley opk...so if I got a smiley yesterday...and one today...if I dont get one tomorrow,would that put me at 1dpo??

Ptntly- very true! Sorry to hear it feels like it's coming! :hugs:

igotbabyfever- I was told by my researcher not to bother continuing with the digi opks once I got a smiley. If you got your 1st on yesterday then you are 1dpo today! Welcome to the 2WW!!

Certain - Good luck for tomorrow! Are you still going to test? I think it's perfectly justifiable, seeing as you will be testing the day after anyway! :D

Hello girls, I have been stalking this thread for a while, and I have decided to try the smep method too. We have been NTNP/TTC since last August so as I am 31 and OH is 33 we decided to be more proactive about it this month.

Anyway, I am on CD11 today, no positive OPKs yet, so been BDing every other day since CD7 (I know it is too early, but felt like it, didn't have TTC in mind for once! :) )
I have very regular cycles of 28 days and AF is due on 05/07. I think this is going to be the longest month EVER!!

Morning girls! Sorry not been on for a couple of days but was heading doctors advice and trying to relax about things!!!! Didnt work. Am now 11 days late. Dropped in urine to doctors who kindly didn't phone me back for two days so I had to phone them to find out was a bfn! They told me if I don't come on to go back for another urine test next week. Am so fed up. Don't know if I can have a drink, feel guilty if I eat something that perhaps I shouldn't if pregnant, can't diet for summer holidays or start exercising as this could cause af to hold off even more so basically this is just stopping me from doing everything! Been dr googling (as you would say smiley) and questioning if i have pcos but dont understand why i would go from being so regular to this! Can our bodies just skip a whole period? Still having loads of cm that even appears to he ew as stretches ( sorry tmi) everyday! Oh is actually being a bit more understanding as think the limbo is starting to piss him off more as he actually was asking one of the women he works with who is pregnant questions!

Hello Everyone
I have a quick question, tonight is the first time to start after AF - however OH is not flipping here as it looks as though he will be stuck in London - Will this mess everthing up if I miss the first day of bded and does it mean I now have to wait until next month to try SMEP?? Thanks xxx

Welcome FrenchyMummy :hi: sounds like you are all ready for this cycle :) FX you get your pos opk soon!

HopingItWill - :hugs: :hugs: I think you need them!! Beep Docs again - they dont really consider peoples feelings sometimes do they? I really do think the delay in AF is a good sign and that it may just be taking time for the hormone to gather up. FX for you!! A little TMI but apparently DTD can bring on AF so if you want her to come so you can start again you could poss try that. Have you been trying different sort of tests?

Smiley :hi: yes will do an IC hpt tomorrow morn but not getting hopes up etc.. it will only be 7dpo! I have started to have some boob twinges today and have a really sore throat and feeling v.tired (had a nap earlier!) but I think its poss coz im starting a cold :( other than that, no symptoms still!

Hows everyone else??

Hello Everyone
I have a quick question, tonight is the first time to start after AF - however OH is not flipping here as it looks as though he will be stuck in London - Will this mess everthing up if I miss the first day of bded and does it mean I now have to wait until next month to try SMEP?? Thanks xxx

Hi ty11 - dont panic!! it wont mess everything up and of course you can still do the SMEP plan :) so you have two options - one is just start doing it every other day from cd9 until your pos opk then 3 days in a row.. or you can do it on cd9 then cd10 and then back onto every other day (so cd12 next)... Its up to you. When do you norm ovu? is it late or early?
I had it tricky this month too as I was away on cd 12 so we DTD on cd 8,10, 11 and 14 (smiley) 15,16 so its ok to mix it up if needed but get back on the plan as soon as poss.
Lots of :dust:

Hello Everyone

Hi ty11 - dont panic!! it wont mess everything up and of course you can still do the SMEP plan :) so you have two options - one is just start doing it every other day from cd9 until your pos opk then 3 days in a row.. or you can do it on cd9 then cd10 and then back onto every other day (so cd12 next)... Its up to you. When do you norm ovu? is it late or early?
I had it tricky this month too as I was away on cd 12 so we DTD on cd 8,10, 11 and 14 (smiley) 15,16 so its ok to mix it up if needed but get back on the plan as soon as poss.
Ahh Thanks hun, feel a bit guilty now - just flipped out on the OH lol wooops got some making up to do lol

Hello Everyone

Ahh Thanks hun, feel a bit guilty now - just flipped out on the OH lol wooops got some making up to do lol

Lol well that can be fun ;) I know I found it hard when we were apart and was so scared i would get my pos opk when i was away but didnt, phew!

Hello ladies now 4 dpo :) how are you all? I had a dream the other night that i had a scan at 8 weeks and i was pregnant with twins....and due in march! If i fall preggers in this cycle....ill be due in march! That dreams has made me feel pretty calm about this month for some reason?!?! Anyone else had dreams like that? x

Ptntly- very true! Sorry to hear it feels like it's coming! :hugs:

igotbabyfever- I was told by my researcher not to bother continuing with the digi opks once I got a smiley. If you got your 1st on yesterday then you are 1dpo today! Welcome to the 2WW!!
okay so since I got my smiley on thursday...would I officially be 2 dpo today...or would the smiley mean I would have ovulated the next day?which would make me 1dpo...sorry Im new to the smiley opk and aint got a clue how to figure it out :blush:
I do know the dreaded 2ww has begun :coffee:

Hey girls. Can I throw a spanner in the works I gotbabyfever. If you are temping and you are certain you ovulated by the shift in temperature then I would agree with certain to not bother using opk after. However last month I tried a few opk after my first positive and they were still positive. Don't know if it was my body trying to ovulate again because it hadn't first time. If you went temping you can't know for sure that you ovulated as the opk predict the lh surge that comes before ovulation not the ovulation itself. Therefore it is possible to have a pos opk but not ovulate. I have done loads of reading up not
This the last few days as trying to figure out what is going on with my body. As soon as nextcycle starts I am going to temp and opk the full month as want evidence for doctor as to what is going on!!!

i don't think i can say we followed this plan anymore :dohh: we have just kinda dtd whenever we please so maybe next month lol. Goodluck to you all x

Oh no, feeling sick all the time is not fun :hugs: It must be bad if the only thing that makes you feel better is being at work :dohh: - I hope that passes soon for you!!

Thank you for the kind words, ladies ! :hugs:
Continue to stalk this thread- almost everyone in the 2WW ...how exciting!

Morning Everyone,

How are we all? Hopingitwill - Have you gotten any news yet? Hope you have a bfp to shout about soon or AF so you can get onto the next cylcle - Obviously I hope the first one more! But I remember how frustrating it was, I was 7 days late in the end - and was pulling my hair out at that point, so can only imagine how you are! Did you continue to take OPK's? Or have you done one recently?

Certain - FX for a fathers day bfp! But yes, it is very early so don't get disheartened at all if it's bfn.

CD17 for me and still waiting for my +OPK, no lines are forming at all so still going to be a while I think. Have started to get a bit more CM (sorry, tmi for the morning!) - so im hoping this means im starting to get fertile and O is on it's way soon!!

xxx

So the grapefruit is working smiley?
Nothing this morning so 12 days and onto cycle day 45. Am off to do another ic have not done one since thurs but expecting a massive bfn!

Certain- fx how did testing go?

Kbkb- hope you doing ok. Lovely to see you stalking!!!

Everyone else how you doing?

WOW this is the mamma of all threads :thumbup: Hello SMEP ladies, I'm hoping you can help. We tried to follow the SMEP this month but OH was poorly cd12 so we missed the 3rd day after the postive opk.

We DTD cd8, cd10, cd11 (smiley face) cd11 but we missed cd12 :cry: & I doubt he'll be well enough today either.

Obviously only time will tell but do you super SMEP'ers think we're still in with a chance??

Thank you and GOOD LUCK everyone xxxxxxxxxx

ps; I drank grapefruit this cycle (while pinching my nose YUK) and it defo helped with CM xx

Morning Ladies!!

Hopingitwill - Its true, maybe it would be better to continue the opks. I just have to follow my instructions which say stop after one pos one so hopefully im not missing my actual surge!! How did your IC go? FX for 2 lines!

Baby2010 - Welcome :hi: we are all very chatty here :blush: what a shame you missed cd12 but it sounds like you managed to get a good amount of DTD in before so FX for you!I guess it all depends on when your eggy actually released!

Smiley- ooo more CM is a good sign so really hoping you get your pos opk soon!!

AFM - bfn today but no surprises there! got the occasional twinges in my boobs (but they arent sore to touch) but other than that nada!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->