Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

My leaflet says 15 in 100 chance compared with 2 in 1200 for the normal population, that was enough to scare me lol! :wacko: x

Internet says it's 7-10% chance on Clomid vs 1-3% naturally. I think in both cases that number is on the higher end if there's genetics involved. I just think that if one's been trying for a while with no success, then chances to pop 2 super fertile eggs in one go on low-dose Clomid are more on the low side. One thing is how many dominant follies one get, another how many rupture, how many will fertilize, how many will implant and how many will stick.

It's funny, right? We talk about 25% chances of getting pregnant naturally each cycle and 40-50% success rates of IVF as "low". And yet 7-10% chance of twins on Clomid is "high" :D

FX that you get on the Easter BFP bandwagon, Soili! And I think you were right that I O'd earlier than my Chart indicates. Got my HCG results back. Blood was taken on wednesday evening and HCG was 1196:happydance: So either I'm farther along than I thought, or there are multiple babies in there. Hope its the former! This wasn't a Clomid cycle, so i would be shocked if there were multiples.

I am so happy I started to see an RE. That is the doc who ordered the bloods, and she called me and told me the good results and asked me to schedule a scan for next week. When I made an apt with my regular OB/GYN, I spoke with the scheduling desk who told me I didnt need a blood test, and that I had to wait 8-10 weeks from date of last period before seeing the doctor for the first time. AND i have to go in to talk to a nurse to get all of my questions out of the way before I am allowed to see the doc. I wish I could just see my RE for the rest of these 8 months...

Hope everything went well today, Nell! Sending good vibes your way :thumbup:

FX that you get on the Easter BFP bandwagon, Soili! And I think you were right that I O'd earlier than my Chart indicates. Got my HCG results back. Blood was taken on wednesday evening and HCG was 1196:happydance: So either I'm farther along than I thought, or there are multiple babies in there. Hope its the former! This wasn't a Clomid cycle, so i would be shocked if there were multiples.

Yayyyy!! That HCG result is great! I think you may be farther along, but I guess we'll see next week with your scan! I have scan envy, mine seems so far away! The PA was counting from my LMP and not date of ovulation, which seems silly, and she had that date wrong to begin with. So instead of being 6 weeks at my scan, I'll be 7 weeks, 1 day. But I'm trying to see the positive in that there will be more of a chance we can see the heartbeat.

Yayyyy!! That HCG result is great! I think you may be farther along, but I guess we'll see next week with your scan! I have scan envy, mine seems so far away! The PA was counting from my LMP and not date of ovulation, which seems silly, and she had that date wrong to begin with. So instead of being 6 weeks at my scan, I'll be 7 weeks, 1 day. But I'm trying to see the positive in that there will be more of a chance we can see the heartbeat.

oh yes, seeing a heartbeat on your first scan would be great! I don't know if i will be far enough along to see a heartbeat. I am going to try to schedule for thursday next week, so maybe i'll get lucky!

Great numbers Chloe.. loving all the pregnancy chat.. makes a change. Daydream hope the next few weeks scoot by and your hearing your babas heartbeat soon.

Sorry for the 'all about me' post, feeling a little drained. As you've all been so kind to send good wishes I wanted to let you go my scan went well :)

Good heartbeat seen :)
Unfortunately I am measuring behind, shouldn't be a huge surprise with my low HCG, but really you can't be *behind* with IVF. I should be 6weeks+4 today but measure 5w+5, being up to 5 days or ahead or behind is normal, so i'm just outside that at 6 days behind. But the sonographer said the heartbeat is the important thing :)

Will pop back on tomorrow to read all the posts I've missed and reply - it's moving fast in here right now :)

Nell that's brilliant news!! :yipee: Now just to hope that bubba catches up! Grow beany grow! :thumbup: x

YAY, Nell, thank you for the news!! I do agree that finding the heartbeat was the most important!

Nell - So glad that the heartbeat was there for you to see! Did they schedule your next scan?

Wow, this thread has been full of pregnant talk, I like it! Congratulations expattc on you bfp!:happydance: Nell, glad there was a good heartbeat!:thumbup: Possible twins for Chloe and daydream - that sounds pretty exciting! :flower::flower: Crossing my fingers for all of you, girls, and wishing you all a healthy pregnancy. Please, keep us posted on your progress.
My last trip to the doc showed that out of 8 mature follicles only two popped, so I guess we could've tried it, but it just wasn't worth the risk. We'll see what happens next cycle without clomid. I've cut back on caffeine too. I don't care for soda, but love my coffee in the mornings, so I try to stick to decaf for now :coffee: Don't think it will get me pregnant, but it just makes me feel better.

As for the caffeine, I definitely don't credit it for getting me pregnant, I had stopped that almost a year again due to issues with anxiety. I stopped the alcohol for the TWW of IUI#2 and abstained the entire cycle of IUI#3 (with the exception of CD1, because well, it was necessary :haha:)

Hey guys, I'm out! Another 28 day cycle for me though. Looks like I really needed that Metformin.

What I find fascinating is how desperate I get in TWW and feel that the world is going to end if I'm not pregnant. But once AF arrives I get all hopeful and excited to try again ;) Humans are weird :D

:hugs: sorry :witch: got you Soili!

Yep I agree, I get really upset CD1, cried this cycle, then by CD2 I'm fine and raring to go! Yay for the perfect 28 day cycle hun! I'm still waiting for one, I've managed 26 & 29 but never 28!

x

Wow Katie, 8 mature follicles? :wacko: Was that on clomid? What mg was it? x

Wow Katie, 8 mature follicles? :wacko: Was that on clomid? What mg was it? x

Yes, my doc put me on clomid because she couldn't see any signs of ovulation on my first scan. I took 50mg on CD3-7 and when I went for another scan she saw 4 maturing follicles and didn't give me a trigger shot deciding to wait, hoping one or two will become dominant. I came back for another scan 2 days later and, to our shock, we now saw 8 mature follicles, all large enough to release an egg. I could feel my ovaries being hard at work, felt some dull pain mainly on my left side (which ended up having 5 mature follicles). We decided it would be wise not to TTC that month. My doc was a bit concerned about me and even took my cell to call and check on me, told me I could be in quite a bit of pain when ovulating, which wasn't the case, thank goodness. I still used OPKs to determine ovulation for my own record and ovulated on CD13. It was soooo hard to see that smiley face for two days not being able to take advantage of it. It was sooo tempting. Part of me kept thinking, just give it shot, see what happens, I'm sure no more than two follicles will ovulate, it would be so wonderful to have twins etc... But I resisted - trying to TTC with that many mature follicles would've been an irresponsible thing to do, in my opinion (no need for another Kate+8 show on TLC). I had bright red spotting on CD16, but it only lasted one day, which was weird, usually once my spotting starts, it lasts all the way till the end of my cycle. My doc said it could've been ovulation spotting. My final scan showed that, indeed, only 2 of the 8 follicles popped. Damn it, I thought to myself, I should've... but then again, that wouldn't have been wise. To my disappointment, spotting returned again on CD21 and I expect it to stay till the end of the cycle. I was hoping my reproductive system would freak out after clomid, decide not to mess with me and would change its mind about spotting or I'd make it work harder with all sorts of drugs, but, of course, it didn't happen. Silly me..:dohh: Next cycle I'm planning on taking it easy, no drugs, no scans, just prenatals and OPKs. We'll see what happens. Like Soili said, you get frustrated and want to cry seeing that witch return, but you quickly regroup and get excited for the new cycle and new hope. And I'm full of hope, just look at all the pregnant ladies on this forum:flower:

Wow 50mg making that many follies is pretty amazing! I would've done the same in your situation. I had 3 dominant that reduced to 2, then only 1 popped, but when the 3 were there the sonographer said if it stayed at 3 they would suggest abstaining! And even cutting me down to 25mg. But it wasn't necessary in the end. Sorry about the spotting hun. Taking it easy next cycle is a good idea, it's a bit more relaxing, though you can NEVER feel properly relaxed when TTC! Lol x

I agree, you NEVER truly feel properly relaxed. But I still like to think I am cool and totally in control, even if it's not true :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->