Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Just think that a lot of women take the very same syntetic progesterone (just by different brand name) specifically to support early pregnancy.

And once again, congratulations!! :) Worrying is absolute normal, so don't worry about being worried ;)

It's 4 BFPs already in just a month, isn't it??? WHOA.....

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

wow another BFP :happydance:

Congratulations expatttc :flower:
Don't worry about the cramps, they sound very normal, I think they are your uterus starting to stretch and change. I felt very heavy and crampy like AF was about to start around 14dpo and still have the cramps and twinges now two weeks later in my uterus and ovaries.
I also agree with the others, stay on the progesterone, most IVF ladies aren't on natural progesterone they're on synthetic and from what i've read it doesn't cross the placenta and affect baby until you are past the 12 weeks mark.

Yum - good to hear from you :flower:

Can'twait4u - lovely to hear from you too :flower: Your little boy is so adorable :kiss:

Bloody hell another BFP!! Congratulations Expat!! I had a feeling you might also be preggo! :yipee: Please dont stop your progesterone without speaking to a Dr, it could cause a mc. I've read 12 weeks to take it.

Daydream, wow, multiples! Amazing! Hopefully it'll just be twinnies, I can't imagine more than that! :wacko:

Cantwait4u, your LO is beautiful! :cloud9:

x

Nell, expatttc, Chloe, any of you guys been off caffeine and if yes, then how long ago you quit it? daydream, I'm not asking you, since you already mentioned it! ;)

I'm debating, whether or not it's worth trying it. I did go off coffee last year and it didn't improve anything at all. Some studies say that only excessive intake is harmful, others say, if there's a fertility concern, better quit it completely. Apparently caffeine can act as a toxin in the body and harm egg quality. Which makes it harder to fertilize and implant. On the other hand, they say that it also lowers testosterone and estrogen levels, which is not good for normal person, but for someone with PCOS (like me) should be a good thing.

I'm yet to read someone saying "I went off coffee for a month and got my BFP". Hens the question ;)

I haven't had caffeine since I got my crappy amh test back in March of last year, who knows if i'd be worse off if I hadn't stopped but once I knew I was going down the IVF route I figured I needed to do all I could. I wasn't a tea or coffee drinker anyway, but I did like diet coke and initially switched to caffeine free before cutting fizzy drinks althogether anyway.

So for me I've been: no tea, no coffee, no fizzy drinks, no alcohol and only small amounts of dark 70% cocoa choc. I also eat low carb, no sugars...although I allow myself 1 day a week of where I do have pasta/bread/rice/desert if I want to but I never have caffeine (because I don't miss it so no need to break that!)
TBH I probably won't switch back, this isn't a diet it's how I now eat :)

Whoa, Nell, that's some real dedication! I don't think I could ever do that ;) Taking away life's little pleasures always makes me feel completely miserable. I won't even quit sugar, despite PCOS. On principle.

But grand respect to you! :thumbup: And thank you for replying!!

So when is your first scan?? I hope it's not a long wait!

It's tomorrow and I am crapping myself, I can cope with bad news....just terrified of ectopic with my low betas :(

It sounds dedicated doesn't it, but it's sort of just evolved and now I don't miss it. I honestly think I had a suagr addiction before as it was rare to go a day without a little biscuit or something sweet. I love cooking and I love food so I just treat myself in different ways I suppose :)

CONGRATULATIONS expattc, like mrs pttc I also had suspicions that you might be pregnant woo hoo and happy and healthy 9 months to you. Was this your first month taking progesterone? To all you BFP ladies thank you so much you have gave us all hope and it is great to have so much positivity on this thread.

Ooh Nell good luck tomorrow! I've got everything crossed for you :hugs: x

Congrats, expattc!!:happydance::happydance: So happy for you! As the others have already said, I would keep taking your progesterone so as to not have a sudden drop off.

As for the caffiene question, I am not a coffee drinker, but i drink one cup of english breakfast tea per morning M-F. Definitely not as much caffiene as in coffee. And i eat chocolate. I didn't change anything up diet-wise this month, although last night i had some faint spotting (no cramping yet), so i'm kinda freaking out and my cup of tea this morning is white tea with orange, so less caffiene than in the black (and i'm going to skip that boot camp class that i was going to take). I also eat a lot of organic fruits/veggies/grains and free range meat. I feel like in the UK maybe you dont get as much of the junk as we have in the US. When I visited europe, UK included, the food just seemed so much better! I had stomach issues for a year leading up to my europe trip, and after eating in all countries that i visited in Europe, my stomach was cured! It was very strange. But I digress...

Good luck with the scan tomorrow, Nell!!

Nell, thanks for the news about the 12-week mark; that’s really what I was worried about. MrsPTTC, I won’t stop till I talk to my Doctor, particularly after hearing from you ladies!

Daydream, multiples! Good grief that’s fun! I’m with Mrs PTTC - twins okeys, but any more than I have hands for? Phew!

Soili, I didn’t quite caffeine until I saw the bfp. Every day I had one espresso in the morning, and 1/2 of one at lunch. I don’t drink coke, or most sodas (the occasional ginger ale), and didn’t change what I ate or drank (I had a few glasses of wine on Easter Sunday). DH and I really said that we would just focus on being us, being healthy in general, but not cutting out anything, since we weren’t really over-indulging in the first place.

Nell, you’re amazing for your diet! :) Sending loads of good thoughts for your scan -- how many weeks will you be exactly?

Chloe, living outside of North America really has made a big difference to my diet - also being married to an Italian doesn’t hurt! We generally eat everything fresh, cook a ton at home, and our idea of junk food is home made popcorn. That being said I have a weakness for homemade cookies - how can they be bad for you??

Dreaminghopin, this was my first month taking progesterone (well, duphaston is a synthetic prog) - and clomid.

The only other thing that happened in this cycle is that I had a yeast infection (!!) right before ovulation, and I was so upset that I cried in front of DH. He sat me down and we had a huge talk about taking it way easier and not timing things. That was right around ovulation, and I completely agreed with him...and that night, we dtd - twice, for fun, and look at what happened! Still won’t believe it until I see a blood test!!

Afm to sum up… I am now however having a big headache everyday - and am tired. And thinking that might be a bit to do with the pregnancy, but way more to do with missing the coffee!! I was up last night peeing - so didn’t use the digital this morning, but will try to do so tomorrow morning. I’ll then go to the hospital for a 10 am appt to get my blood done….fx crossed :)

FX for your bloods tomorrow!! And yes, I really would that it isn't more than two. Sanity and health wise that would be best.

DH made a joke about me being so tired already that I must be carrying triplets! Caused a bit of a swoon...

Nell, everything crossed for your scan to go well!!!

Chloe, I think tea has a lot less caffeine, but I understand you wanna be extra careful! Don't worry about mild spotting, they say if it's old blood and you have no pain, then there's no cause of concern whatsoever!

expatttc, yay, BFP on caffeine! ;) I LIKE it!! I'm not going to stop drinking coffee either, it's part of my morning routine and I just like it too much. Don't worry about multiples! :D Chances on Clomid are pretty low, unless you have twins in your family. What was your dose, btw? I think feeling very tired might have more to do with emotional exhaustion. Strong feelings can wear you off by the end of the day, even if they're all happy :D

daydream, FX there's at most 2 lovely eggies in there!! :D

Nothing happening here! Been testing for a few days now with IC, but they're as white as beached sheets LOL I suppose it's still early, but my LP is only 12 days and I'm likely 11DPO already. Really wanted to jump onto the lucky Easter BFPs wagon :D

expatttc, yay, BFP on caffeine! ;) I LIKE it!! I'm not going to stop drinking coffee either, it's part of my morning routine and I just like it too much. Don't worry about multiples! :D Chances on Clomid are pretty low, unless you have twins in your family. What was your dose, btw? I think feeling very tired might have more to do with emotional exhaustion. Strong feelings can wear you off by the end of the day, even if they're all happy :D

For clomid, I was on 50mg, from cd3-7. It threw me - mainly my cm - for a loop! You're right about the emotional exhaustion, I'm sure.

Fx for you to jump on the bandwagon!! :happydance: :happydance:

Good luck today nell will be thinking of u.
Thanks for the info expattc. Sorry to hear about your headaches. Me and dh have switched to decaf tea but we are prone to diet coke and some chocolate. Can I ask why you were put on clomid? Were you not ovulating? My doc hasn't mentioned clomid to me x

I was ovulating, according to opks and changes in cm, and I had a regular (fairly) AF. The only thing that was strange about my cycle was spotting before my af for normally 3-5 days, and that it had been about a year of trying. I was put on clomid to just strengthen my eggs, and duphaston to make sure I had a strong enough lining for a sticky bean. I had gotten a very, very faint bfp in the past, but it only lasted a few days before AF showed up.

Daydream I think 2 is much more likely than 3, 3 is pretty rare on clomid, but Soili, I was told by my FS the chances of twins are quite high compared to not being on clomid :shrug:.

Nell good luck today, looking forward to hearing your good news!

Expat, you are defo preggo girl, but I understand you want to hear it from the Dr! Seeing it in black & white on a digi would be fab too!

x

MrsP, the chances are higher compared to a natural cycle, yes, but only by a few percent. They're obligated to warn people about it, of course. But I wouldn't call it "high" chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->