Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Wow katieTTC - that must of been tough having to abstain. Fingers crossed for this cycle.

Loving all the BFP s for everyone at the moment

Mrspttc will you be ovulating soon? Fingers crossed

AFM - since diagnosed PCOS I'm still waiting for my cycle , have had increased cm this past week so took a test this morning but the usual BFN. No spotting yet either

How many DPO are you jellycat?

Yes should be ovulating hopefully this week, though anything could happen as it's my first cycle off clomid! :rolleyes:

x

Sounds promising jellycat.

I wonder what your clomid free cycle will be like mrspttc.

I am on CD 12, got smiley face yesterday and today I have been spotting. I dont even think i have even ovulated yet :growlmad: did anyones spotting get gradually worse? When I started TTC I started spotting about 10 dpo and each month it just seems to be getting worse. So glad I have my private scan in a few weeks to see if there is anything that can explain this.

dreaminghopin, have you by any chance started some vitamins when you began TTC?

Do you normally spot at ovulation hun? Mine got worse, I think it was the Agnus Castus or pre-natals, it's now pretty good and all I'm taking is folic acid (and was taking the clomid, maybe that helped?) x

Hi ladies,

I only take folic acid. Not sure what is going on. I have never noticed ovulation spotting before but might be a possibility. Hope it stops soon. Thanks for replying x

Wow I go away for the weekend and it's all happening here!!
ExpatTTC - CONGRATULATIONS!! SO pleased for you hon. Wow this IS a really lucky thread!
Yum - Lovely to hear from you! Sorry there is still no BFP for you, but look what's happening on here lately - you might be next!
Nell - Fab news about the heartbeat and the sonographer's right - the heartbeat is the important one. I'm sure baby will catch up.
Waves to everyone else!

AFM, it's day 7 of stims for me. Since last Thursday I have felt 'fuller' down there and have had the odd twinge, but nothing major to report. This puts me in two minds - on the one hand I'm glad that I'm acting and feeling completely normal, but on the other hand I'm terrified that the stims aren't working!

Injecting has been much easier than I thought - I do it every evening at 9.30 and this week I have injected at a friend's house, in a comedy club and in a restaurant! On Friday I had to add in my antagonist injection so that any eggs growing (please please!) don't pop too soon - this stung a bit more as the needle is slightly thicker but still nothing to really complain about.

I'll find out what's happening tomorrow as I have a scan at 10.45 - I'm really nervous. If they tell me that I haven't got any/many follicles I think it'll hit me quite hard as I've felt very positive up to this point. Oh well - I will report back either way!

xx

MrsHY, good luck with the scan tomorrow!! I don't think there's any reason to suspect it's not working, but I'm always imagining the worst myself, so I know what you mean ;)

Thank you for the update! It's great to hear that injections are not as bad they sound by the name :D

How many DPO are you jellycat?

Yes should be ovulating hopefully this week, though anything could happen as it's my first cycle off clomid! :rolleyes:

x

I'm not sure if I even have as alot of my cycles I havent but feel this month I could have - then I look at my temps and they show nothing :shrug: up and down all the time. Just with the extra cm I feeling positive that something is happening this cycle

MrsH - Good Luck for your scan tomorrow, really hope you get a good outcome

Dreaminghopin - I had a random cycle where I spotted around ovulation but that was a one off. I also was getting progressively more spotting earlier each cycle (whih is when I joined this thread). Surprisingly last two cycles Ive had very little if any spotting but not sure the cause. Hopefully next cycle will improve

Mrs PTTC - Fingers crossed O happens without needing the Clomid

hi ladies-gl to those trying clomid for the first time, and to those waiting to O/in the tww.

afm will be ovulating in the next 1-2 days as my opk is very close to being positive. will update as to whether or not I spot again! FX no more spotting!!!

Nell, congrats again on the heartbeat! Lovely to be able to hear!

Soili, I am sorry about AF, but love how positive you are, and I got the exact same thing at the start of every cycle. We are weird. 28 days is brilliant!

Katie, that many follicles is really amazing. You’re fertile, lady! That’s for sure! I hope that you put your feet up with a nice valpolicella. Now that I know more about clomid, I wouldn’t go on it again without being monitored, and that’s not an option here.

MrsPTTC, hope all goes well with you this cycle!! Whoohoo, getting ready for a positive OPK!! Has your CM changed?

Jellycat, the increased CM is always a good sign.

Dreaminghopin, my spotting got worse after I started to TTC. I don’t know if it was more pressure, or me paying attention more, but there were a few cycles, particularly when I travelled alot, when I had more spotting than I was used to.

MrsHY, thanks for the congrats :) I think it’s hilarious about getting the injections in all places! In a comedy club! We really have no clue what’s going on in the stalls next to us, eh? Hahaha…..good luck with the scan, will be rooting for you.

almostthere, fx no more spotting for you!!

AFM….phew, that’s quite a bit of catching up to do! Well, I took the digital test on Saturday morning, which is what DH and I were waiting on to say YES WE ARE PREGNANT, and you’ll never guess what happened. It turns out, on the journey from the UK to Papua New Guinea, our little test sent by a friend, must have gotten knocked around a bit, as only HALF the screen worked! So all we got to see was a little 2-3+. I’ll try to attach the pic here. That was a bit anti-climatic. No words that said pregnant. No words at ALL. I've never heard about that happening with a digi before, have you?

So….we decided to go to the hospital to get a blood test done. Two hospitals and one medical clinic later, we had exhausted all medical care options in Port Moresby - none of them do blood tests! They will draw it, and when thy have enough samples, send it to Australia, which takes two weeks to return the results...they only diagnose pregnancy with urine tests.

So...after a discussion with a doctor at the clinic, she suggested we do an u/s. I though it might be a bit early, since this isn’t even a trans-vaginal ultrasound. After turning on the power, she did an abdominal scan, with DH there, and she had some problems finding anything, but did check my tubes (clear) then said she found a sac, very very small, and then she started talking about how at this stage, I shouldn’t feel bad if AF shows up, because it’s tiny, but still to keep hopeful, and to come back in a month.

And so...what does this mean? It turns out after some upset googling that it was in fact way too early to have the scan done, and that it’s usual to not see anything. I was disappointed that the first time DH and I see a doctor about this, it ended with only more questions -- the good thing was that she was familiar with duphaston, and said to keep taking it till the 12th week.

DH and I took yet another test Sunday morning at home, just to feel more confident, and it got darker than before. We’re officially whispering to each other that we are pregnant, telling no one else (except you ladies), and just keeping thinking so positively that this little bean grows and sticks.

Almost forgot - here are the pics, including of the dodgy diggie!

Attachments

• IMG00455-20120412-0714.jpg
    IMG00455-20120412-0714.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG00458-20120414-0852.jpg
    IMG00458-20120414-0852.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
Woo those tests look good! And I think the test getting darker should give you enough confidence until you can get in to see the heartbeat. congrats!!

Wow, expatttc, I admire you patience! It's gotta be that much harder to TTC when certain tests and procedures aren't as readily available. Sorry your digital pregnancy test got messed up. I still love it though, have never seen anything like it! It looks like it's showing the final score for the game - your team won!:football:

Thanks ladies! Is there a special thread for tests that I can post this to on b&b? Would be fun to share. Katie - love your idea of the score -- DH would adore that!

Fab pic expattc :)

Ladies I appear to have got my period on cycle day 13, full red flow. Really don't understand. Had positive opks on cycle day 11. This is not my normal spotting but bright red flow. Feeling really stressed. Don't want to start using progesterone as not even sure I have ovulated as no temp rise. Has anyone bled prior to ovulation?

ExpatTTC, my goodness, what an adventure you had! I agree the u/sound is just too early - the pregnancy tests should give you the confidence you need - but don't get addicted to peeing on a stick every day will you!!
Dreaminghopin - I wouldn't know what to think either. Can you go for a u/sound to give you some more answers as to where you are in your cycle? I hope things explain themselves, or that you can chalk this cycle up as a wacky one and you get back to normal next month.

AFM, well, I really needn't have worried about not responding to the meds given my low dose - I just got back from the scan and I have 37 follicles!! I am absolutely blown away - obviously it's no guarantee that I will end up pregnant and a lot can change in the next few days, but I'm so chuffed that we SHOULD end up with a lot of eggs to hopefully fertilise.
It's not all great however - a response like that means that I've been put at high risk of OHSS so have been given a rather scary leaflet to read - there's a 25% chance I could end up in hospital, a 10% I'll need my abdomen drained of fluid and a small chance that I'll be too sick to have an embryo transferred so will need to freeze them and have them transferred three months later when everything has calmed down. The doctor did say though, that there are no guarantees which way things could go so told me not to worry too much. So all in all I'm feeling good xx

MrsHY, I'm no expert, but pretty sure some of those will shrink once the dominant ones are established? Don't we all produce plenty early in the cycle? It's still a little while to go till retrieval, isn't it?

beautiful lines expactic-def getting darker which is great news! what a pain all the places you had to go! hard workin mama already!! =)

afm I basically got a pos opk late last night, but a definate pos. this am....dtd last night, how many more nights shall we dtd to be safe? tonight and tomorrow?? or three days in a row? thanks for any help!!

Hi Soili
Yes - I don't think I'll end up with 37 eggs, but the action of the FSH injection every day means that mostly they're not given a chance to shrink back. I had a good antral follicle count when I was checked at hospital on a natural cycle and I had 4 on both ovary - not 37! I'm going back for another scan on Weds so they can see how they're growing and make a decision about when to trigger me. But I would expect retrieval will happen either this weekend or early next week so not far off at all... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->