Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Daydream - sorry you are sick :hugs: Is the zofran helping? I have a friend who is taking that. Luckily I am not actually sick, only queasy during the mornings/afternoons. I can't wait for this feeling to pass for good! Can't wait to hear if you have 1 or 2 in there :)

Yes definitely feeling better. I have the zofran and I'm wearing sea bands as well. Today was able to eat some greek yogurt, so I feel better now that I've been able to get some protein in me. I had the little bit of queasiness last week, which I could deal with, and I was able to eat little bits to keep it away. But the past few days I couldn't eat anything. So glad that the medicine is working.

And yes, can't wait for the scan! Less than 24 hours away!

GL for tomorrow daydream!

One dips, thank you hun. Yeah I probably would start it back up but are you continuing to use opk's? I would if I were you then stop EPO when you get a +.

Chloe, that's a very good theory! I've never thought about it like that :thumbup:. Can't stop the negative thoughts though - I am trying to stop, its so hard! :growlmad:

x

mrspttc-FX for you!! and i also count myself out when i get spotting before af..

I have been stalking and wanted to join in, I have posted a few times a while back but got no responses and wanted to join back in if you don't mind

I too have spotting every single month before af and always count myself out in that case,
the only pattern that I have noticed is that I don't get the spotting if I don't o & or when I'm on clomid for some reason.

This month I'm on fertilaid, any of you ladies try that? if so what did you think did it help?
Its so nice to see such encouragement because when I get spotting I always thought I was the only one and something major was wrong with me, but its happend for years for me and the drs. don't ever act like its a big deal although i think it is
Do you ladies think I should just try fertilaid out or I should add a bvit or progesterone cream?
for the ladies that did get your bfp, what did you do differently and did you still spot before bfp?

sorry for all the questions but thank you for the responses in advance

Welcome back Pookabear!! I have not taken Fertilaid, but have read good things about it. I will be curious to see what it does for your spotting. I too seem to not spot as much on cycles when I take Clomid.

I am curious who has spotted like normal and ended up getting pregnant!?

I went back to the doctor today because AF started yesterday. We are doing the same thing this cycle as last. 50mg of clomid days 3-7, trigger (Ovidrel), and iui.

Good luck girls!! Hope this is our lucky month!!! :)

One dips, thank you hun. Yeah I probably would start it back up but are you continuing to use opk's? I would if I were you then stop EPO when you get a +.

Chloe, that's a very good theory! I've never thought about it like that :thumbup:. Can't stop the negative thoughts though - I am trying to stop, its so hard! :growlmad:

x

Ive started up the EPO again today as FF has coved them cross hairs so guess i didn't ovulate it reckons ill ovualte the very last few days this month.... im hoping that the twinges i got last month meant that the eggs were been preparered and released next week and then be ready to get caught at the end of the month is that how it works?

Pookabear - Sorry i dont use that but welcome!!

My fiance said he doesn't belive FF and wants to just keep :sex: every other day ... im happy with that as i so carnt miss the egg when its there surely!! really wanna see a Positive OPK too do people reccommend just doing one a day or more as ive seen some people do a few a day and get different results?

Feeling quite positive at the min really want some cramps/twinges or so i no summit going on down there xx:dust: everyone

GL one dips!!

welcome pookabear!

& TLM I am also wondering the same thing about still experiencing spotting in the TWW especially a day or two before af is due then turns out preggers!!!

AFM af did officially end yesterday afternoon-so woohoooo to this cycle-I have a good feeling about the next 2-3 cycles!!!! =)

hello ladies,

almostthere- sorry abt af ! gl with this cycle ! dont u have to get it checked out if it was a cp?

onedips- lotta ppl do more than 1 but i never did..someone on here can suggest u better ! hope u get that smiley face soon & gl !

pookabear- welcome ! i haven't used fertilaid so cant help u but i'm sure others would...bvits did nothin 4r me & npc made me spot only a little but dint lower the no of days !

tlm- gl with iui dear ! hope this is ur lucky month !

mrsp- sorry abt spottin but u r not out yet..so many bfp's here with spotting ! on a lighter note, how r ur vacation preps goin on ?

daydream- sorry u r feeling sick ! how r u now ? hope ur scan went well ! i personally wud love twins ! takecare !

mrsh- how have u been ? sorry abt the overstim & feelin sick ! hope u r all gud by now ! 9 is a great no ! enjoying ur ttc break with all the wine,caffeine ?

chloe- great scan pic !

afm, started af y'day eve after awful spotting 4r 5.5 days..spotting started imm after bd ! its so annoying ! i'm almost always starting to spot after bd during lp !

:dust:

Daydream, how did the scan go? Can't wait to find out what it showed. Glad you feel better on zofran.

MrsPTTC, don't count yourself out yet, although I know it's hard. I do the exact same thing. It looks like some girls here still spotted and were pregnant at the same time. I lost track of who did though. Pregnant ladies, which one of you still had spotting when getting your BFP?

Welcome, pookabear! If you TTC and spot, this is the place to be. Every girl here is very supportive and informative and number of BFPs on this thread is getting higher each month. Sorry, I'm not on fertilaid and know nothing about it.

Almosthere, fingers crossed! Looks like you're in good spirits, that's the way to go :thumbup:

One_dips, my periods are irregular, so I never know when I ovulate. I tried cheaper OPK brands, but failed to detect ovulation on those, even when testing twice a day. For the past 3 months I've been using Clearblue digital OPKs that show you a smiley face before O. They're more expensive, but much easier to read and that smiley face is priceless. I think that face too helps me stay positive each month (wish all that positivity of mine reflected on my pregnancy tests). So far, I've had different results. First month of testing, I tested twice a day and it was negative on CD7 in the afternoon, but positive the same day at night and negative again next day and for the rest of the cycle. It was strange it was + so early and according to scans I didn't even O that cycle. Next month I was on Clomid and my OPK stayed positive both around noon and night for 2 days straight on CD12 and 13. I guess it's up to you to decide how many times a day to test. I was too impatient and didn't trust my system, so I kept testing twice a day. At the same time, they say the LH surge doesn't usually happen before noon, so testing in the morning is pointless.

AFM, I'm on CD12 and OPKs are negative so far, but went to the doc this morning and scan showed a fully mature follicle ready to go any time. DH is coming back home from a work trip tonight. Hoping this is it for us this month.

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi ladies, just got back from my scan and I have ONE healthy little baby with a heartbeat. The best little thing I've ever seen or heard. Scans are posted in my blog. This really is real! I'm actually really relieved it's not twins (or triplets for that matter). So very thankful for our one little joy.

Pookabear, katie - I spotted heavily for 10 days before my BFP. From 1DPO until 10 DPO. I soaked a panty liner a day + what was coming out in the toilet when i would go. I thought there was no way and that at least half my lining must have been gone by the end of the spotting spell. This was my usual pattern, as i would often have a couple days of light to no spotting right before AF. The only thing i did differently was take EPO.

Pooka - I have not tried fertilaid at all. I took Vitex for a bit, and B vitamins, and didn't have success with either. I took clomid for 2 months and that didn't help my spotting either. I used OPKs but my RE told me they work best for women who have regular cycles. I did not, and got tons of false positives so I was always confused.

Yum - sorry for your spotting. You should try to not BD during the LP as an experiment to see if that is what is causing your spotting.

Almosthere - good luck with this next cycle! glad AF is gone!

Daydream - congrats on the one healthy bean!

Congrats Daydream!!! That is such awesome news!!! Good luck!!

yay congrats daydream must be a very healthy little bean!!

afm as I thought-af came back-I have the oddest af ever this is starting to be an normal part of my cycle...wonder if it means anything..ending for a day coming back ending again then coming back one more time...hmmm

and yes to really know about a CP I would need bloods done-that is why my siggy says Predicted cp...I just know in my heart it was based on my 3 pos hpt's and my 4 days of cramping...something was going on with my body!!

FX the rest of us get our BFPS this May!

x

Yer im defo gunna keep using clear blue opks got about 20 left so need to order more to get me through till at least the end of the month!

Congrats daydream you must be sooo happy!!

congrats daydream ! the scan luks great :thumbup: i liked ur blog..i couldn't read the whole thing but will def get back to it later !

chloe- i do spot even with no bd 4r 3/4 days, but with bd it starts imm the next day :dohh:

Hi everyone and big welcome to those just joining the thread.. Let's get some more bfps!!!

MrsHY how are you? 9 is a fantastic number and it really *is only matter of time.

Almostthere you really were almost there and have lots of hope for u next month.

Tim there was a thread a while back from 1st trimester where ladies reported spotting as normal the month they got there bfp. Also as you can see, our Chloe spotted for 10 days so your really not out till AF shows.*

Daydream congratulations.. Must have been great. Expatttc am I right in thinking u have your scan tomorrow?*

Pookabear I haven't used fertailaid. But have heard some good things.*

Katiettc hope your catching that egg

Afm feeling very reassured after a private consultation at a fertility clinic last week. Consultation consisted of blood test to look at amh levels, internal and an ultra scan of my ovaries. Everything has came back normal and the gynaecologist told me that many woman do complain about spotting and although in some cases extensive investigations do show abnormalities, the majority of the time it will not affect fertility. She has referred me to my local gynaecologist to consider a lap for peace of mind though. To top it all off, part of the assessment included dh providing another sperm sample (we have had some poor results lately) but sample came back normal and we are thrilled. Dh's vitamin regime seems to have worked :) For ladies in the uk struggling with Nhs waiting times, I would really recommend arranging a private consultation.*

I posted a while back I always had spotting 7 days before af every month and thought it was contributing to me not getting pregnant. The month I got my bfp I still spotted, and the spotting actually started 10 days before af was due! So don't count yourself out ladies when the spotting starts.
xx

Hello ladies
Thanks Yum - good to hear from you although I'm sorry the spotting has started again!
Congrats Daydream - that's so precious!
Also congrats to Charlene - I love your picture!
Hi Dreaminghopin. To be honest - I'm having very mixed feelings at the moment. Sometimes, I feel hopeful and positive about our next embryo transfer cycle and am thankful and reassured that we have 9 excellent embies in 'storage', then at other times I feel terribly sad that I've not got one back with me - and at the end of the day that was our decision. I've been feeling guilty, sad and irrationally nervous about the pregnancy announcements that may come in between now and our next cycle - I don't want to become one of those bitter women that wishes this horrible state of barren-ness on anyone else.
We have made one positive step in the right direction - our follow-up appointment is booked for 13th June so I'm going to try and have a 'TTC Holiday' before then and just try and put things out of my mind, which may mean you see a bit less of me on here - I'm sorry - because you're all such fabulous ladies.
I'm sure I'll feel more positive soon - wishing you all the very best in the meantime xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->