Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

thanks, at least it is small enough not to worry about, just hoping I really did ovulate...got a neg opk today although close to pos, so I am at least 1dpo today if od....

Hi almosthere sorry to hear about your cyst but also agree that it sounds like u are both moving forward and that step nearer to your bfp. Do you temp?

Hope everyone else is ok. I'm struggling to cope with things just now. I had been taking progesterone last few months but because I am getting my progesterone levels checked I didn't take them this month and have spotted from ovulation. So looks like my natural pattern is that I spot from ovulation to AF. I am also not even sure I am ovulating as I detect multiple surges throughout my cycle although temps do seem to suggest I do. On top of that although dh's last sperm had improved I am really worried that it may also be preventing things. I really admire how you ladies stay so positive. I have spent all last night crying and can't face work today. My hubby just doesn't understand. He just tells me to stop temping, peos and researching on line and it will happen. Have gyn appt on 14th July but I have little faith in anything being sorted. Just full of so much negativity at the moment and every day seems like a struggle. I burst into tears at work twice yesterday and just feel like an emotional wreck with no energy. I also feel terrible as I know in the scheme of things that we haven't been trying that long and aware that others can try for years. Would give anything to just for a while return to my normally happy upbeat self who loved life xxx

aw, dreaminghoping, I do the same...I started to cry a little on the way home after telling dh the news about needing to do sperm analysis and my cyst preventing my past cycles from ovulating.....and then I balled on the phone to dh after I got home and I thought at first it was just because of stress with having to care for my disabled sister and visit my mom constantly at the hospital, but in the end, it was def due to my obgyn apt yesterday and thinking that we are in that small percentile that will take at least a year to ttc...it is like I may be out this cycle and was already out the last two before this because of this cyst...so pretty depressing but trying to keep positive...we decided to due our sperm analysis next friday as opposed to this friday (DH has fridays off so only choice...and it is my birthday weekend so we want to be able to dtd when we want...when you do sperm analysis for those who are not aware....no dtd for 2-4 days before collection...ugh!!)

:hugs: to you guys. Everyone has their down moments. You just have to remember that it WILL happen. Just maybe not right away. It took us over a year but once we got to our RE things moved along so much more quickly.

Dreaming - if you are worried about DHs sperm, my DH stopped drinking alcohol and took fertility blend vitamins a couple months before our bfp cycle.

Sorry bout your cyst, MrsP! you can still O with a cyst, right? Glad its small and should go away soon! Its great to track your progress with scans, tho. It has to be somewhat of a relief knowing the dr's are tracking your progress. I know i felt a huge sigh of relief when i went to the RE and came out with a plan, even if I wasn't assured of falling pg, it was still nice knowing someone was watching out for me. and yay for good lining!:thumbup:

And Almosthere - sorry about your cyst too! How is it preventing pregnancy if its only on one ovary and is small? It wouldn't be so bad to start Clomid. Might be just the jump start you need! be glad your DH has a goodybag and can get his sample collection at home. my DH HATED being in that awful room to collect his sample. He said he felt so violated. I told him that was just a small taste of what women have to go through at their ob/gyn! Talk about feeling violated!:haha: But seriously, its such an easy test and can rule out a huge factor in infertility, it will be great for you to know how well his :spermy: swim!

jellycat - did you just O? I see your chart had a nice spike!

daydream - great names! If i have a girl, we will probably use DH's great grandmothers name for her middle name...sarafina. Thats as far as we have gotten so far tho!

Hi Yum, expattc, how are things?

Dreaminghopin - sorry you are feelin down :hugs: :hugs: Sounds like your natural spotting pattern is just like mine - spotting from O to AF, and having multiple surgers on OPK throughout the cycles. Try to trust that the doctor's can do so much to help you out, even if it feels hopeless sometimes, and it may take a little while to fall PG. unfortunately not everyone is lucky enough to get there in the first few months of trying, even tho it seems everywhere you turn there is someone who got pregnant right after coming off BCP, or on their honeymoon, or similar stories. Stopping your research or POAS will do nothing to speed things up, but it could help you stress out less. I found for me stopping it all didn't really help cuz i was stressing that I wasn't tracking. It is also helpful if you temp and such to take that info to your gyn, then they know you are serious about ttc and don't dismiss you as quickly. It will happen for you, don't worry:hugs:

Almosthere - sorry to hear about the cyst, hope all the testing goes ok and big :hugs:

Dreaminghopin - sorry you are having such a tough time big :hugs: for you too

Genesis - welcome to the thread :)

Chloe - in still not convinced I have ovulated, but my cm has started to increase so I still think ff is wrong and I'll be hopefully ovulating in the next week

Sorry bout your cyst, MrsP! you can still O with a cyst, right? Glad its small and should go away soon! Its great to track your progress with scans, tho. It has to be somewhat of a relief knowing the dr's are tracking your progress. I know i felt a huge sigh of relief when i went to the RE and came out with a plan, even if I wasn't assured of falling pg, it was still nice knowing someone was watching out for me. and yay for good lining!:thumbup:

And Almosthere - sorry about your cyst too! How is it preventing pregnancy if its only on one ovary and is small? It wouldn't be so bad to start Clomid. Might be just the jump start you need! be glad your DH has a goodybag and can get his sample collection at home. my DH HATED being in that awful room to collect his sample. He said he felt so violated. I told him that was just a small taste of what women have to go through at their ob/gyn! Talk about feeling violated!:haha: But seriously, its such an easy test and can rule out a huge factor in infertility, it will be great for you to know how well his :spermy: swim!

jellycat - did you just O? I see your chart had a nice spike!

daydream - great names! If i have a girl, we will probably use DH's great grandmothers name for her middle name...sarafina. Thats as far as we have gotten so far tho!

Hi Yum, expattc, how are things?

Dreaminghopin - sorry you are feelin down :hugs: :hugs: Sounds like your natural spotting pattern is just like mine - spotting from O to AF, and having multiple surgers on OPK throughout the cycles. Try to trust that the doctor's can do so much to help you out, even if it feels hopeless sometimes, and it may take a little while to fall PG. unfortunately not everyone is lucky enough to get there in the first few months of trying, even tho it seems everywhere you turn there is someone who got pregnant right after coming off BCP, or on their honeymoon, or similar stories. Stopping your research or POAS will do nothing to speed things up, but it could help you stress out less. I found for me stopping it all didn't really help cuz i was stressing that I wasn't tracking. It is also helpful if you temp and such to take that info to your gyn, then they know you are serious about ttc and don't dismiss you as quickly. It will happen for you, don't worry:hugs:

Thanks hun, I didn't realise that you also spotted from ovulation to AF. This gives me so much hope. If you don't mind me asking.. what tests / treatments were you offered and what helped in the end. xxxxxxxxx

thanks ladies you are all the best!

chloe-dh has to collect at home then zip up within less than an hour of ejaculation! and I think I, and especially dh wants to give it a year of ttc naturally, so sept 1st. is not too far away!! lol and well said about the taste of what we go through! hehe

dreaminghoping-beat me, I balled again today ahhh!!! just so stressed with things, brought my mom home from the hospital and was with her for 6 hours today.

jellycat-gl with ov!!! =)

Dreaminghopin, almosthere, I'm so sorry you're feeling down:hugs: TTCing is like a roller coaster ride filled with all its twist and turns, ups and downs. I've too experienced the days when all the efforts seemed futile and meaningless and all I wanted to do is crawl into bed and cry all night. I generally tend to believe though that everything happens for a reason and to every thing there's a season. I always try to find at least something positive in all bad things that happen and generally hope for the best but expect the worst to happen. That somewhat helps me when dealing with all the difficulties that come with TTCing.

That's what I actually feel like right now - really hoping for a positive outcome, but preparing myself for the worst. I've been spotting pretty heavily for almost two weeks now. It's the heaviest and longest spotting I've ever experienced and is accompanied by some cramping and large clots this time. It's been very discouraging and I decided not to to test at all and just wait for this mess to turn into full flow AF. However, on Sunday, CD26 for me, I thought how cheesy and awesome it would be if I wished my husband a Happy Father's day and handed him a positive HPT. Spotting was discouraging me from testing, but there was a tiny glimpse of hope, since my boobs started getting bigger and sore way too early this cycle. And so I tested first thing in the morning using First Response and what I saw was overwhelming. For the first time in my life I saw a second line forming. To make sure I'm not hallucinating I pinched myself and rubbed my eyes, which were already filling up with tears. I grabbed a Clearblue Digital and tested again to see what its verdict would be. There could be no mistake, there it was, black on white - pregnant. When I handed it to my husband wishing him a happy father's day he had a very hard time processing the information and thought it was some kind of a joke. I went to see my OBGYN the next day and blood tests confirmed pregnancy. However, I'm still bleeding and experiencing cramping, so I was put on bedrest and will be going back for another blood test in a couple of days to see if HCG levels are still rising or not. I'm praying for this little bean to stick despite all the obstacles. At this point we're not even going to bother telling anybody, it's too early to celebrate. I'm really nervous this pregnancy won't last, but at the same time I'm happy to see that we got one step closer.

Katie - Congratulations that's great news. Is there anything that could ease the spotting for you? Hope your blood tests come back with great results :)

Congratulations Katie!! That is so very exciting. I'll be thinking of you over these next few days, as I'm sure if you're at all like me, you're a nervous wreck.

Has your doctor discussed putting you on progesterone?

Thank you, girls. I am pretty nervous and don't even feel like celebrating anything yet. Yes, I have been taking progesterone every day, hope it makes a difference. Hope this spotting stops and AF does not arrive.

Thank you, girls. I am pretty nervous and don't even feel like celebrating anything yet. Yes, I have been taking progesterone every day, hope it makes a difference. Hope this spotting stops and AF does not arrive.

Are you taking it orally or vaginally? I found that taking it orally didn't stop my spotting but taking it vaginally did.

I'm taking it orally. Daydream, did you spot after your BFP?

I'm taking it orally. Daydream, did you spot after your BFP?

No, but I had spotted the month before, which was when I switched to taking the prometrium vaginally, which stopped it. So the BFP cycle, I took it vaginally the whole time and didn't spot.

Thank you for the tip, daydream. I'll ask my doctor about it when I see her next time.

Huge congrats Katie...so happy for you and your hubby. What a lovely fathers day surprise. Will be thinking of u and thank you for your support xx

katie- wow congrats :happydance: fx for a healthy & sticky bean ! hope the spotting stops soon !

almost- so sorry abt the cyst but my frnd has one on a ovary & gyn said it shudn't stop her 4rm a bfp as its so small... clomid shud give u that kick start ! gl with ur dh's tests ! howz ur mum feelin ?

dreaminhopin- so sorry u r feelin low:hugs: dont worry, it'll happen soon hun ! try to be strong !

jelly- just lukd @ ur chart & its confusing ! shows a gud temp shift !

hi chloe !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->