Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

thanks for that tid bit of info yum! and i am not starting clomid until sept-but hope it does help if i need it by then-and my mom is at home finally and resting, doing well, thanks!!

Katie, huge news, sending loads of :hugs: and positive thoughts your way! I was on oral progesterone even before I got my bfp, and stayed on it until the end of the first trimester.

Katie, huge congrats! :thumbup: I hope the spotting goes away soon and everything works out for you! How many DPO are you? I think my spotting stopped around 10 or 11 DPO when i got my BFP.

Thanks hun, I didn't realise that you also spotted from ovulation to AF. This gives me so much hope. If you don't mind me asking.. what tests / treatments were you offered and what helped in the end. xxxxxxxxx

I had the standard hormone tests, progesterone, DHEA-S, prolactin, etc, although nothing showed anything was wrong. I was given progesterone to stop the spotting, which worked the one time i actually took it. I was later given Dexamethasone to lower my DHEA-S, which they said was on the high side and could be an indicator of PCOS. It was while on dexamethisone that I got my BFP, although I got my DHEA-S level checked then too and it hadn't gone down more than 3%, so I dont' think it really did anything. I tried Clomid for 2 months but that didn't work for me. BFP came during a spotting cycle, so anything is possible! My progesterone was on the low end, but it wasn't out of range for after O either. So no one ever figured out why I spot, but it apparently didn't prevent pregnancy.

Almosthere, my spotting also always starts right after ovulation and lasts all the way until the witch arrives. It looks like BFP changed nothing in that matter. All my hormonal tests also showed no abnormalities, so spotting is still a mystery to me. Glad to hear your mom is home and doing well. Looks like you're in your 2ww. Crossing my fingers for you!

Chloe, I'm currently 14DPO. I'm still bleeding and today for the first time some of it was fresh blood (sorry for details), so I'm not seeing it too well. Went to get my blood drawn today, should know the HCG levels tomorrow. Still on bed rest, still nervous.

Pregnant ladies, I have a question for you. Did you feel any minor cramping during your first month of pregnancy? Did your pelvic area feel any different at all? I'm constantly feeling something down there, it's a little hard to describe. Sometimes it feels like minor pressure, other times it's mild cramping (can't compare to the one I get during AF though). I'm not in pain so to speak, I'm just constantly aware that something is going on down there. It's like a minor version of what it feels like during the first days of AF.

I would like to thank you all, girls, for your support. You're like a family :hugs:

Katie - mild cramping is very very common in early pregnancy. For me, it was very light, and kind of like you describe, I was always just very aware of my uterus area. It didn't hurt, not like AF.

I'll be thinking of you today. Hopefully you can watch a good chick flick while on bedrest. Be sure to update us with the HCG levels tomorrow. I am really really hoping all goes well.

Katie, lots of cramping, even still - normally just on one side or the other as a pressure, or as a short stab. It doesn't go away; particularly as you get on, when you cough or sneeze, you can look forward to a little 'aaaaugh' moment when you get a cramp following! Round ligament pain is normally the term used, but it's generally everything just stretching out and opening up.

Thank you, girls, for your quick reply. It's reassuring to know that you both experienced the same thing. Daydream, you described that feeling perfectly - constantly being aware of the uterus area. I'm nonstop feeling it's there and experience mild cramping here and there. But just as you said, it doesn't hurt like AF.

fx your hcg levels come back with flying colors katie!!!

afm approx 3/4dpo...no symptoms...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, Katie! I hope the HCG levels come back good! I hope you can find some way to enjoy the bed rest. I never really had cramping, but I would have the occasional stabbing pain. Never felt like AF tho. My dr said it was perfectly normal to feel intermittent cramps and stabbing type pains.

Just got an update from my doc with Beta results. On 12DPO the value was 68 Iu/L and two days later it increased to 184.6. I guess the fact that it almost tripled in 48 hours is a good sign. Spotting is still pretty heavy though and doesn't seem to want to stop. I don't know how that poor buddy can hold on to my uterine wall if it's constantly shedding blood and tissue. I'm still on bed rest and will be going to get my blood drawn again on Monday. We have a party planned on Sunday, but DH will have to grill, entertain guests and clean on his own. I'm planning on spending the day on the couch with my feet up reading a good book. Although something is telling me I won't get much 'me' time, because I will constantly be answering questions like: babe, where do we keep our salad bowls, honey, where are our pots located, babe, where can I find napkins?

Oh Katie that HCG result is GREAT! I'm so happy for you. Have they drawn your progesterone?

Is the spotting still fresh blood or is it brown? Plenty of people spot through early pregnancy and end up with a healthy pregnancy. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

KatieTTC – absolutely thrilled for your levels. Hope your following docs orders and plenty of rest for you. xxx

Chloe – thank you so much. You have made me feel a lot better. xxx

Oh Katie that HCG result is GREAT! I'm so happy for you. Have they drawn your progesterone?

Is the spotting still fresh blood or is it brown? Plenty of people spot through early pregnancy and end up with a healthy pregnancy. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Thank you, daydream. No they haven't drawn my progesterone yet. Wouldn't the progesterone I take orally mess up the results though? Or they're just looking for whatever value is present in the bloodstream with or without extra progesterone intake? I'm such a greenhorn. I had to go online and actually do some research to understand what all the HCG numbers mean. Hope Monday will show further increase. The blood is mainly brown, thick, sometimes with clots size of a dime or a nickel and I usually need more than one pantyliner a day. I absolutely hate it :growlmad: Your profile shows you had an ob appointment today. Was that just a general checkup? How did it go?

KatieTTC – absolutely thrilled for your levels. Hope your following docs orders and plenty of rest for you. xxx
Thank you dreaminghopin, yes, I'm following docs orders, it's a great excuse to be a little lazy.

Katie - They'll usually draw it to make sure the progesterone levels even with the supplementation are high enough.

I was supposed to have a checkup but they had to reschedule :( Also found out my OB is moving practices, so now I have to figure out if I want to follow her or find a new OB. Sigh.

Katie - They'll usually draw it to make sure the progesterone levels even with the supplementation are high enough.

I was supposed to have a checkup but they had to reschedule :( Also found out my OB is moving practices, so now I have to figure out if I want to follow her or find a new OB. Sigh.

:( Yeah, I will have to get a new OB here shortly myself because of our move. Kinda bummed about it, I really like the doc.

Katie, heehee for DH's questions. They sound INCREDIBLY familiar. I know what you mean about the little one holding on - but look at it this way - some of that bleeding could be due to how good the bean is burrowing in for a long, happy stay...
Good on you to sit back and read a good book, and it's great news that your beta is going up. Will keep sending you positive thoughts :)

I'm feeling down..:nope: This was the first time in a long time that I have made it this far with no spotting in sight and still BFN :( Im 10 dpo (ish) and spotting is ALWAYS here by now! And then to top it off.... I used a blue dye test that has a faint line but probably a evap :wacko:

glad i could help, dreaminghopin!

Katie, that's great news! Take it easy at the party. What are you going to tell the guests when they see that you aren't entertaining and what not? Sounds like the blood is getting older, so that's a good sign. And the triple HCG is most excellent!

Amber, 10 dpo is still early. so many people who are preggo don't get their bfp's that early. Hang in there!

Sorry about you girls who have to switch OB's. I know how hard it is to find a good doctor! I want to switch OB's simply because I hate the appointment desk at mine. I can never talk to a nurse or get competent service unless i'm physically there in person. Its ridiculous! But i will stay because its in a good location and I do like my dr and my midwife.

Thanks Chloe597 I guess I kind of forgot to think about that more.. it is early!!

Hi Amber lots of baby dust to you. Hope this is your cycle. Have you did anything different this cycle.

Katiettc so excited for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->