Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I don't know anything about B vits hun but I think happyshopper is right, you're probably just ovulating later and therefore have better eggs. I got my BFP on clomid when they'd expected me to ovulate earlier than what I did, I think it was around day 20 something, that month I had follicle tracking and had a lovely "perfect" (in their words) round egg and it did the trick! :thumbup: x

i got my strongest positive opk that i've ever had so my ov day is tomorrow xx

Thankyou all very much. been using preseed this month too as my hubbys spermies dont move so well so fingers crossed and congrats to all you yummy mummies who are expecting xx

My, i miss a lot when i'm not on for a weekend! Good luck, Mickell!:dust:

Hope you catch this month mickell!
I'm just waiting for ov, currently CD10.
Have had a rubbish few days mulling over all the spotting and getting myself upset. Been reading lots about progesterone support/clomid just so I can be prepared next time I go to the doctors, probably in December/January. In the mean time, I think I'm going to try Agnus Castus and Evening Primrose Oil next month in addition to B50 (can you see I'm not positive for this month?!) I feel happier with the idea that I'll be 'doing more'.
Hope all you expecting ladies are well! :)

Yomyoms, entirely your decision but I'd really advise you against using AC Hun! My spotting got gradually worse & I'm convinced it was down to that, I was spotting at 9/10 dpo but after using AC a few months started spotting at 6dpo & it was bright red blood. I'd never use it again... X

Thanks MrsP. Did it correct back after stopping the AC? I think the AC works if the LPD is caused by some things but not others (can't remember details, think it works on high/hyper prolactin levels), so I don't necessarily expect a result as I don't know why I've got the spotting. I've got 10 months until I'd get any NHS help though so may as well play around a bit. I think your spotting is/was quite different to mine too - not that that probably means anything! And I will definitely wait and see what happens with the B50 and start on a low dose. Hmmmmm, food for thought!

My spotting only went back to pre-AC spotting after over 12 months! :shock: Only 2 or 3 months before my BFP did I have great spotting months. I was on clomid for 9 months (with a 1 month break) so even that didn't sort my spotting then 1 day, voila! x

AC didn't work for me either. I did it for a few months and stopped when I decided to try soy isos for a couple months. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure I've seen anyone in this thread get success with AC.

Nope me neither daydream, not that I can remember anyway! x

I tried AC for 2 months and freaked out when i was temping and still hadn't O'd by day 30+, so i stopped taking it. I don't know if that was the cause of my late O, but i definitely didn't notice any help with spotting. Also, I have read that it takes a good 3 months for it to start helping, so who knows if i was just paranoid, or if i gave it enough time, etc, etc. :shrug: My experiences with it did not leave me as an endorser tho, so I would recommend avoiding it, but its up to you! I did take EPO during the month i got my BFP. I also tried red raspberry leaf which didn't seem to help, although it made my burps taste like raspberries :haha:

Thanks all. Better for me to be told now and is certainly putting me off!

Chloeee, maybe I'll start with EPO next month then and ponder AC for the following month, hopefully going back to the GP in the mean time. I'm drinking RRL tea every day and really like it! What dose of EPO were you taking?

To be honest, what I'd really like is progesterone support (suppositories) in the luteal phase. They seem to be freely given in America for luteal phase defects, but given the NHS doesn't believe in treating LPDs I'm not sure my chances of getting any. But I'd like them to reduce the spotting as much as help me get pregnant. 17 days straight bleeding is miserable! I'm planning to ask for a private prescription on the basis that they can't actually do any harm and would stop me self-medicating with crazy plants and messing up my cycles more.

Do you think this is a better idea than AC?

Hi everyone and welcome new folk. Not been on this forum for a while. Wow all you mummy / mommy - to - be can't get over how big your little ones are getting. So exciting.
Yom my Nhs gynaecologist prescribed progesterone no problem and I have no spotting now if I take it. Also in the last month or so I have had 21 day bloods, a pelvic ultrasound, lap and dye, hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy. So far so good. I'm completely puzzled by what causes it but progesterone seems to be the answer for me anyway. My hubby has had a few sperm tests done this year and one or two have came back with borderline count so we think that may be the reason we're not getting preggers and the more iv got to know ladies on this thread the less I am convinced that spotting before AF is related to difficulties conceiving. That said it's always worth getting checked out.
Hope everyone is well. Xcx

Thanks Dreaminghopin,
Were you having any other meds/treatment alongside the progesterone or was it just something to try before other avenues? I will tell me GP about you when she protests! Was your spotting bad previously? I definitely think my spotting is hindering me at the moment as it is quite heavy from 2DPO. If it was lighter and later I could live with it for a while.
I'm glad your tests have all been normal and the progesterone is working for you. Fx your OHs swimmers can be helped along a little and you get a BFP soon x

Hi,
Not on any other meds and have been on progesterone since feb. I have been advised to take it from 6 dpo as that is normally when i start spotting. There has been a few cycles where i have spotted from ovulation to AF but that has not happened the last few cycles and that has coincided with taking pregnacare preconception, exercising and eating more fruit and veg.
Just to mention, it was my gynacologist that prescribed it, not my GP so not sure if you have to be referred to them first who knows. Also my GP referred me to gynacology way before recommended time scales as I was so stressed about the spotting in the beginning. Thanks for keeping fingers crossed for DH's swimmers. We have a meeting at a private fertility clinic tomorrow. Its really hard to decide whether to proceed with assisted conception as we are only just over the year, and at times my hubbys swimmers are within normal parameters...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->