Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

happy- sorry abt the spotting hun :hugs: fx 4r u ! did u test ?

katie- that must b so precious :) gud one with the plants lol

exp- welcome back ! glad to know u r close to gud healthcare now !

jelly- gl with testin ! fingrs crossed !

almost- any mornin sickness ? sorry if u mentioned this already but i know u din't spot, were u given any prog supps ?

:hi: to everyone else

Hi yum! No, no morning sickness, some throw up burps hear and there, but i really don't feel pregnant aside from my crazy bloating and getting tired easy with shortness of breathe...and gas from both ends LOL

almost, such good news about your poppyseed!!!!
Love seeing the little frosties in your banners. heeheehee.

Hi everyone! Is it okay if I join in your thread? I’ve been avidly reading this for a couple of weeks and it definitely seems the right place for me! It’s been so interesting following your stories, even more so because I can see from your tickers that a year later and most of you are now expecting. The information collected in this thread is so amazingly helpful and insightful and I wanted to say a heartfelt thank you for everyone who has contributed their experiences.

My TTC so far is only short but feel like I could be here a while:

I came off the pill in July after 6 years and started ttc straight away. In my first two cycles I ov’d on day 19 and then had short luteal phases (8 days then 11 days). Both cycles I’ve had spotting since 2DPO until AF. So last month I had 10 days of spotting before AF!! The spotting is heavy (like a light-medium period). It is always dark brown until just before AF when I start to get red in it too (almost like I get two types of spotting). I’ve been googling constantly and can’t really find anyone who has this much for this long :( Initially I was hoping it was normal when coming off the pill but I can’t find any evidence to suggest so.

I went to see my GP after the first month who sent me away, as expected. But now I think when I said ‘spotting’ she probably thought I meant 2-3 days on toilet paper, not 10 days of constant and unrelenting goop! She said to go back after a few months if it didn’t get better and she’d do some tests. It doesn’t seem like many of you girls have actually found a cause for your spotting though?

I found BnB from initially searching about short luteal phases (after my first 8 day-er) and am now taking B50 complex this month but don’t really expect any improvement in the spotting.

Sorry for the long and moany introduction, will aim for more upbeat from now on! I hope you don’t mind me joining in here after only two months trying, as I think most of you are further along in your journeys? It’s great to see that spotters who have graduated are still around to offer advice and support each other.

Lastly, can I end with a question: have any of the BFPs been from ‘lots of brown goo’ spotters? I'm not sure why but it's definitely the type/amount of spotting that is concerning me most.

Looking forward to chatting x

Welcome YomYoms! Sorry you are having spotting issues as well. I was a 3-6 days before AF brown goopy spotter. What finally worked for me was getting prometrium prescribed during my IUI cycles. So I think my issue was a low progesterone problem.

It's great that your dr will test you in a few cycles. Most will make you wait for a year!

welcome, yom! I wasn't a brown goo spotter, but i was a pretty heavy spotter...what I would liken to light-med AF, and it was on the darker reddish side, from 1-2 DPO until AF showed up. This is why i thought no way could i get a BFP b/c i was shedding so much of my lining before AF was even close, but apparently I was wrong and spotted just as usual when I got my BFP. Good luck with the B50! I hope it lengthens your LP and helps your spotting!

Thanks for your reply daydream and congratulations!

My initial guess would be hormonal for me, especially being recently off the pill. When reading the thread though it seemed that most ladies' day 21 tests came back normal for progesterone but then the spotting still stopped with progesterone suppositories/cream! It's quite confusing! Did yours come back okay?

I'm not sure what tests my GP would do initially but I'd hope to get basic blood tests and a smear (then she can see for herself!). I'd guess anything else would be after 12 months.

Thanks Chloe, and congratulations also!

How brilliant that your spotting didn't stop your egg implanting! Quite amazing I think and gives me great hope. Did it take you long to conceive? Were you taking any supplements? I'm reading the thread through from the beginning but only on page 140 at the moment so not got to your BFP yet!

:hi: YomYom

My spotting is more light pink almost water and blood at times random in the month not necessarily after ovulating. Hope the B50 manages to lengthen your Lutheal phase this cycle . Did you ever spot whilst on the pill?

Hi Jellycat! :hi:

Ooh, quite different to mine then. Yeah, I used to get a bit of spotting but just thought it was breakthrough bleeding. :shrug: Even before the pill I had a couple of days spotting before full-on AF. Before now I didn't know that was abnormal! Always wondered why people were surprised when their period came but now I know they didn't get the same 'warning' I do! :haha:

Thanks for your reply daydream and congratulations!

My initial guess would be hormonal for me, especially being recently off the pill. When reading the thread though it seemed that most ladies' day 21 tests came back normal for progesterone but then the spotting still stopped with progesterone suppositories/cream! It's quite confusing! Did yours come back okay?

I'm not sure what tests my GP would do initially but I'd hope to get basic blood tests and a smear (then she can see for herself!). I'd guess anything else would be after 12 months.

My RE did not do a 21 day test because there isn't really a risk to having too much progesterone, so she just prescribes it without testing, apparently the test can vary a lot just in a 24 hour period so it's not really reliable.

Thanks Chloe, I can't imagine that any egg will be able to implant when spotting but I would love to be proved wrong x
Thanks Yum but the witch got me today. I never test because spotting starts before I even get close to testing. I have my fingers crossed for you too xxx
Welcome YomYoms they are loads of lovely ladies on here.
Your spotting sounds a lot like mine though your starts slightly earlier than mine. I have about 4/5 days of light brown before it kicks up a gear and becomes horrible black tar (sorry about the tmi).Your spotting may improve or correct itself when your hormones settle down, I hope so x
Good luck xxx

Sorry AF came HS :hugs2:

Welcome yomyoms, great thread here, HS & I have been hanging around since day 1, fab bunch of ladies! I suspect your spotting is from coming off BCP though I could be wrong. I've always had a couple of days of spotting prior to TTC so I know what you mean about people being surprised when AF comes, I'm like :saywhat:. I wasnt a heavy spotter, just light brown cm. GL in your TTC journey :dust:

Expat I meant to ask, did you ever find out the sex or are you team :yellow:?

x

Welcome to the thread yomsyoms, sorry you have to be here because of your spotting, but it's a great group and everyone is very supportive. Personally, it helped me deal with my failures to conceive, because there were other girls in the same situation who could relate to my frustration, add moral support and often give a good advice. I was a heavy spotter with spotting starting light shortly after O and getting heavier and bloodier all the way until AF arrived. Just like you described it would be dark brown goo and had some red in it right before AF. I had to wear pantyliners all the time and often used more than one a day. I still don't know what caused my spotting, all my tests came back normal and no doctor could give me a plausible explanation. The month we succeeded to conceive my spotting was the worst and I eventually passed a couple of large blood clots (bigger than a walnut), which were even mistaken for a miscarriage. My uneducated guess is that those clots were the primary reason for my spotting: maybe they were uterine polyps or blood simply kept accumulating during my periods and forming clots :shrug: Once I got pregnant and body started prepping for the baby it rid itself of all the mess and I had no more spotting after passing them. Who knows though, maybe I'm totally wrong and the spotting will return after birth. The bottom line is this - I was a heavy spotter, was able to conceive without any additional medical assistance within 5 months (skipping one month, so actually 4) and was spotting during the month we succeeded. Don't know if any of that info helps, I hope it at least gives you some encouragement. I'm crossing my fingers, hope you'll get your BFP soon!:dust:

Happyshopper, sorry the witch got you :hugs:

Almosthere, glad there's no sickness, hope it stays that way!

MrsP, the bump is growing by day. I'm a skinny 100 pound girl, and so any extra weight is immediately visible. I look like I'm already carrying a honeydew melon... Um... no, sorry, I meant to say I look like I'm carrying a jicama :winkwink:

thanks katie...ooo sweet potato for you!! I was trying to be super healthy and eat one yesterday but I just can't get used to the taste...lol

yoms- welcome ! sorry abt the spotting.. hope its 4rm the bcp & will get back to normal soon..generally, my gyn said it wud take 3-6 mnths after coming off bcp 4r the body to get normal depending on how long u have been on it..hope the b vits help with spotting ! gl & fx !
i spot 4-6 days with brwn/blck/red watery blood & at times i spot after dtd in lp !

:dust:

happy- sorry the af got u :hugs: :hugs: spotting any diff this time around ?
did the clinic call u back abt the iui yet ?

almost- gud to knw abt the no mornin sicknes ! i like ur apple seed ticker ! wen is ur first scan ?

Hope it's ok that i join this post. I have a short 24 day cycle and a luteal phase of 12 days. From 10DPO till AF arrives, i start spotting. Would that affect my chances of implanting?? I have started taking B-50 complex for the last 2 weeks and i'm waiting to ovulate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->