Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

My hubby had a vasectomy reversal nearly 4 months ago and his 3 month sperm test results came back. he has 222 million sperm per ml, 78% don't move, and only 12% move in the right direction so can't see me getting pregnant until the motility has increased :(

Thanks almost, wahey your six weeks already :)

Don't be too disheartened mickellwife, 12% of 222 million is a huge amount of swimmers. Must be well over 24 million good swimmers. Your DH has an excellent count.

Hmmm mickellwife I cant remember much about the normal values but I know my DH's motility improved after taking maca & wellman conception.

Dreaming a 2year wait is crap! Is that for IVF or just any treatment? We're very lucky where we are in the UK as my Hospital had no waiting list for IVF & even the big fertility centre in Newcastle was only 4 months. It really is a postcode lottery :grr: x

I know.. Have emailed my mp, Scottish mp and health minister weeks ago about inequality between health boards. Only one even bothered to reply stating he would write a letter to health minister xxx

Avoid North Yorkshire, ladies there have no access to fertility treatment at all. We were thinking about moving there until I heard this x

Hmm might move to Newcastle lol

:rofl: We're very friendly down here :winkwink: I suppose every area or even country has pros & cons. I know someone that works for a uk company in Brussels & she's preggo & staying there for baby#2 as they give you free IVF, I'm sure it's 5 or 6 attempts & you don't have to be childless! She conceived her first through IVF.

I feel sorry for all you US ladies having to pay for everything & hardly getting any maternity leave! :growlmad:

x

thank you and wow free ivf perhaps I need to plan a move to the UK in a year or two! LOL

and my beta results for my 6 week mark is......17,496 yippee!!

almost- thats great news :happydance:

mickel- i dunno much abt the counts but i think ur dh's count is gud ! hope mrsp's suggestion will help u ! fx!

dreaminhop-2yr wait is rediculous & that zipcode lottery sounds stupid :shrug: fx 4 ur natural bfp !

mrsp- agree with ya,the assisted conception here in us is so expensive & even major co's wudn't cover them :growlmad:

Great news Almosthere. Oh no Brussels is in Belgium not the UK. In the UK different areas have different ages limits (some are only 35!) but the majority seem to pay for 3 rounds but only if you're childless. So I know someone & her partner has a boy from a previous relationship, but because the OH has kids she's not eligible for IVF, that seems grossly unfair to me. Whereas in Belgium where my friend is they would give her more IVF for a second child...And you Americans get nothing! It's a funny world... :wacko: x

ohhh oops! thanks for letting me know! And yes I have always been jealous of European health care-I have read the maternity leave is amazing for both men and women....my husband does not get any! He will just have to take off with no pay :(

Yeah, american health care can sometimes suck. I'm thankful i didnt need IVF given the cost, but on the bright side, so far this pregnancy has only cost me $20 in doctor's visits. All blood work, ultrasounds, doctors visits are all covered under DH's insurance. And I get paid time off for appointments through my work. Wish I could have a year maternity leave! How long is maternity leave in the UK? I know in Canada it is a full year! 6 whole weeks for me, then 6 more without pay, then back to the daily grind.

Yay for your high beta, Almost!

Maternity pay in the UK is 9 months x
Has anyone here had some experience with hypothyroidism? I think I may ask for some tests. If I am then it could explain the spotting but I must have had it years. My symptoms have been there years but I never really linked them; i'm always cold, I often go days without a bowel movement (sorry tmi again) and thinning hair. My hair is constantly falling out. Is it something to speak to the fertility clinic about it go to my gp? The clinic have never shown any interest in getting to the root cause of the problem. I have an appointment a week on Tuesday so I think I'lljust ask them x

HS I had my thyroid tested by the GP before either of us got tested for fertility. I asked for it as I was tired & had headaches & just wanted to rule it out. Everything was fine. I think you need reason to get it tested, they said they don't do it as a matter of course so I'd make something up if I were you :winkwink: there's a questionnaire thing on a website where it gives you a symptoms checklist, some of them were interesting.

Almost the paternity leave isn't that great, I think it's 2 weeks statutory pay unless you have a big employer who might pay you full pay, my DH's does. However the man can now choose to stay at home with baby & receive statutory pay whilst the woman goes back to work whereas before it had to be the woman.

Chloe its 6 weeks at 90% pay, 33 weeks statutory (£135 a week) then you can have another 19 weeks at no pay if you want, so all in all a year off. Luckily my employer gives 6 months full pay then 3 months statutory, so hopefully won't be going back to work til jan 2014 once ive left to have the baby :happydance:

x

MrsP - Wow your employer has a great program! 6 months! that's great!

I'm very very lucky to work where I do because ours does full pay for 4 weeks before, 6-8 weeks after depending on the type of delivery under the short term disability, and then another 8 weeks full pay after that. Then you can just pile on whatever PTO you've accrued (which at our firm we get quite a bit). So I'll be out from November 22nd - April 18th, all full pay, which is unheard of for US employees.

California also has a state-run paid family leave program for moms or dads. So my husband will have 6 weeks off at 60% pay.

happyshopper - my FS did thyroid testing as part of my initial bloodwork. I think most doctors know that a wacky thyroid can cause fertility issues, so if you haven't been checked yet, I would ask for it.

I hear you Mrs P, looking at the symptoms I think I have a lot of them but I will lay it on a bit thick. One thing that annoys me about fertility treatment is that try don't test for insulin resistance, thyroid issues, iron an vitamin d deficiency as a matter of course. I will give it a go and hopefully I don't have it. Thanks ladies x

just popping in to say hello very quickly, very sick with a cold/super fatigued just can't sleep passed 6:30 am and it is really starting to get to me

A hello from me too -- almostthere, I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling. A cold and headache haunted me for the first tri, but you'll get through it!! Go get yourself a lavender eye pillow, keep it in the freezer then lay down with it for a little while...might help you in the morning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->