Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

okay gob day 2 of late af???? =)

Oh no almosthere......What I meant was that the witch caught up with me.:cry:

Anyway, it's made me realize that I don't have regular 28 days.:dohh:
I've looked at my calendar, and some months its 28, or 29 or 30 like this month. So an average of 29 days I guess.

Sorry about AF, Gob :hugs: Hope this is your last AF for the next 9 months!

I had to google Gobbolino to figure out your reference about the witches cat...that sounds like a really fun book! Did you read it when you were a kid? It sounds like my type of childrens book. I used to read the bunnicula books, about a vampire rabbit :)

Sorry AF came for some of you ladies :hugs: fingers crossed for those still in the 2ww.

Gobolino I remember the cat! Was there one called sootacatta or something too?

Chloe, Expat & daydream, can I ask how many newborn outfits you have bought? I'm getting mixed messages & think I may have gone overboard :wacko:

x

MrsPTTC, I'm probably not a great estimate to go by, since I'm not buying very much pre baby! We're staying Team Yellow, and know that the grandparents will buy some outfits in whatever colour they want once the baby is born. Plus, we're not buying too much here for Canada, since we'll be back to the tropical Pacific weather when baby is 2 months old (at which stage I think the little one will be pretty much naked all the time lol).
In any case, we bought 3 onesies for 0-3, and 6 for 3-6 months (since apparently they fit most babies these days at birth), 3 short sleeve undershirts and 3 long sleeve undershirts (the kind with snaps at the crotch) since the baby will be sleeping in halo swaddle sets, 3 small warm sleepers for when baby is around the house, 2 sweaters,
and some hats, mittens, and a snowsuit (more like a starfish shaped bag). It all still fits in one suitcase -- but like I said, I'm definitely on the low end of purchasing compared to most ladies on here!!

I personally have not bought much of anything yet; just a few special things I've found while I'm out. My cousin had a boy in August and has been giving us all his hand-me-downs. That combined with what our relatives have purchased, I have no clue how much we have right now. This week I'm going to sort and wash all his clothes. It just seems like a TON at the moment.

Gobolino - sorry the witch got you. But let's not give up hope. As the Chinese saying goes... add oil! :) :hugs: BTW, where is "home" and what brings you all the way to Hong Kong? :)

YomsYoms - I don't get insomnia but I feel really hot and will usually wake in the middle of the night sweating which makes it difficult to get back to sleep.

Bubbles - good luck with your scan. :hugs:

tootsie - welcome :) Sorry about the spotting. Any idea what's causing it?

:hi: to everyone else. We have a couple of holidays this week (Tuesday and Thursday) and I will be taking Friday off so I'll get a long weekend. You ladies have a wonderful week! :hugs2:

Thanks Chloe597. Yep, I loved that book as a child, never read it since though! Never heard of vampire bunnies, hehe!!!!

Good memory MrsPTTC! I had to look up her name, I know she was his sister...Sootica. You sound happy with your papaya :flower:

Thanks almosthere I'm slowly reading through all your stories, and I feel all what you have all been through. :hugs:

Greenleaf I'm right behind you!!! CD2. And "home" is Spain, I'm british, brought up in Spain. Now for the past 2 months and a half in HK with hubby. We both worked for a company in Spain that went bust. He found a job here, so we left. I'm not looking too hard for a job, as planning to get preg, but will start working if I find something I like, as you don't know how long it's going to take. Have a nice long weekend!!!! BTW...you're not too far from me :wave:

Yomyoms, I have really bad insomnia but always have, worse now preggo :growlmad: it's really interesting you've heard it's linked to progesterone!

Gobolino, when I was little & spent time at my grandads with my cousin we pretend some black & white cats in the street were ours & my cousin named them gobolino & sootacatta (we got the name wrong ha!)

Thanks expat & daydream, expat we're also team yellow but I've found lots of nice neutrals & can't top buying lol. I guess it's nice to put babies in neutrals though, rather than pink or blue all the time. Daydream you're so lucky having all those hand me downs & I guess when you've not had to pay for them then it doesn't matter if you've got too much!

Are any of you preggo's going to be using those sleeping bags you can get? I'm unsure though have bought a lovely Winnie the poo one...

x

Gob - you should check out bunnicula...the vampire bunny didn't eat blood, it sucked the juice out of vegetables :haha: And i believe the books were told from the perspective of either the pet dog or cat...it has been years. I fully intend on exposing my daughter to it tho, and perhaps gobbolino too!

MrsP - I have far too many baby clothes. I have a whole drawer full of NB size. I'm pretty sure she will wear everythign once before she is too big. This is what happens when you're pregnant with your first...everyone overbuys for you, and we have some hand me downs from a friend. Its hard to put a number on it, but I would say she's got at least 10 onsies (with full feet), plus quite a few short sleeve and long sleeve that snap at the diaper area. We've also got several different kinds of sleepers...a few sleep sacks, and then a couple that have built in swaddle wraps. and don't get me started on the 0-3month sizes...i have an entire laundry basket worth of 0-3 months! I hope she is small, both to make life easier on me and so that she can wear these clothes more than one time each!

Yay Chloe! That makes me feel sooo much better! :happydance: I think if theyre sick or have leaky nappies they could go through a few a day? Also, newborn sizes are all different depending on where you buy them from, some much larger than others. My only worry is that I have a big baby & goes straight into 0-3! :dohh:

x

Gobolino, so sorry the witch got you :( TTC is just so cruel sometimes x

Think I'll be joining you next week. Spotting just as bad this month and some red also. It's so frustrating and feeling extra emotional today for no particular reason. I feel like my life is in limbo until my scan, then it'll be in limbo until a doctors appointment to discuss results.. and then no doubt in limbo for something else. How do/did you deal with the waiting?? I could do with a new hobby or obsession but just can't muster the energy..

Sorry for a rant tonight girls. Hopefully I'll feel better when AF arrives next week.

Hey ladies :) Im just popping in with a little update...had my scan today - saw my baby's heartbeat and baby was measuring 7 &1/2 weeks which is spot on so im really happy :)
IM OFFICIALLY A BLUEBERRY!!
Feeling really rotten at the minute but im happy its for a good reason! My morning sickness is now evening sickness lol i feel ok in the morning but as the day goes on i lose all my energy n start to feel sick..i actually was sick on the last 2 days yuk!

Sorry to hear that ur not feeling great Yomyoms - i totally understand n hope u get ur lucky month real soon x

Hope everyone else is ok x

Congrats bubbles!!! So glad the scan went so well. Now you can relax and enjoy the pregnancy (well once you're out of the first tri morning sickness, I can sympathize)

Congrats bubbles glad everything went ok :dance:

Yomyoms try not to count yourself out yet hun :hugs:

x

Congrats.. Such a relief to see the little ones heartbeat. Hope your feeling better soon. I'm only a few days in front of you xx

congrats bubbles!

dreaming-wow almost 9 weeks already...crazy right?! =)

daydream and mrsp-hope you ladies and babies are feeling well!

yomyoms-I've been there-hugs to you...keep strong!!!

Think I'll be joining you next week. Spotting just as bad this month and some red also. It's so frustrating and feeling extra emotional today for no particular reason. I feel like my life is in limbo until my scan, then it'll be in limbo until a doctors appointment to discuss results.. and then no doubt in limbo for something else. How do/did you deal with the waiting?? I could do with a new hobby or obsession but just can't muster the energy..

Sorry for a rant tonight girls. Hopefully I'll feel better when AF arrives next week.

Hey YomsYoms....rant all you like...that's what we're here for isn't it? :flower:
I know that feeling of frustration, I've had my fair share this month. BUT I'm going to face next month diffferently (haha) I've never charted or got OPK's, and I was going to start. But I'm not. We are going to DTD when we feel like it, all through those days until "after" ovulation, but for the fun of it (and because whe do want a LO). I will not look at any other page except this one, cos this one is special. I will not obsess. I tend to, so I will read/practice photography/read up on post-production...study mandarin, get out of the house more...I'm currently not working, and it's terrible as you have pleeeenty of time to obsess. Look for something you like. Take up painting, do a puzzle, anything but going and looking online. Well, I hope to do this. Give it a try!!!! They say the mind is very powerfull!! Best of luck! And I'm here to cheer you on through!!!! When is your scan?

Hey YomsYoms....rant all you like...that's what we're here for isn't it? :flower:
I know that feeling of frustration, I've had my fair share this month. BUT I'm going to face next month diffferently (haha) I've never charted or got OPK's, and I was going to start. But I'm not. We are going to DTD when we feel like it, all through those days until "after" ovulation, but for the fun of it (and because whe do want a LO). I will not look at any other page except this one, cos this one is special. I will not obsess. I tend to, so I will read/practice photography/read up on post-production...study mandarin, get out of the house more...I'm currently not working, and it's terrible as you have pleeeenty of time to obsess. Look for something you like. Take up painting, do a puzzle, anything but going and looking online. Well, I hope to do this. Give it a try!!!! They say the mind is very powerfull!! Best of luck! And I'm here to cheer you on through!!!! When is your scan?

Sounds like a good plan, Gob! I am going to try a similar approach. I think I'm out this month too. Started spotting last night, three days before AF is due. I should be a little happy bc it's later than I have been spotting the last four months.

Bubbles, congrats on your scan!!

Feel better Yoms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"