Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I was wondering....as I don't temp, I don't use opk's, and we bd every day from CD8 onwards (as long as DH is home). This month we've bd'd CD8, CD12 to CD 17, then CD19. As I don't know when O....maybe it's a good idea to buy a monitor?? The're expensive though...

Any opinions??

I'm currently on CD24 (9dpo?) lightly spotting for the last 3-4 days :growlmad:
and preparing myself for AF's arrival "sigh"

Can stress cause a rise in BBT? Mine just went off the chart this morning. But I think it might be due to the stress. Hubby had a motorcycle accident yesterday night. Suffered some scraps and bruises and a cracked rib. Didn't sleep well all night. Kept waking up to check on him. Could that be the cause? :(

I was wondering....as I don't temp, I don't use opk's, and we bd every day from CD8 onwards (as long as DH is home). This month we've bd'd CD8, CD12 to CD 17, then CD19. As I don't know when O....maybe it's a good idea to buy a monitor?? The're expensive though...

Any opinions??

Maybe you should try temping and use OPK. I bought my OPK from ebay. I think they have bundle Basal thermometer and OPK strips. The price is not too expensive.

The ebay seller that I have in my seller list is "fertilityplan" You may want to check out the items he sells. :)

Can stress cause a rise in BBT? Mine just went off the chart this morning. But I think it might be due to the stress. Hubby had a motorcycle accident yesterday night. Suffered some scraps and bruises and a cracked rib. Didn't sleep well all night. Kept waking up to check on him. Could that be the cause? :(

Oh so sorry for you Greenleaf......what with the hospital and your hubbie..:hugs: Good luck!!!

Well ladies, I'm 10dpo and been spotting since late on 6dpo so I think I'm definitely out this month again!

Phoned Acu to see if there were any cancellations rather than waiting until Jan 17 but there's nothing at the mo but receptionist said she's taken note of my number and will phone if anything comes up.

Was hoping for a Christmas BFP but looks like ill just be kicking back and relaxing and having a drink, or two....or three heehee

Definitely feel like this spotting is as a result of the d&c or its hormonal after being pregnant. Going to take nothing apart from pregnacare this month and see how things go!

How's everyone else? X

Greenleaf - sorry to hear about your hubby's accident, hope he's ok

Jodspods - it does look like several women on here still spotted the month they got their bfp so don't count yourself out yet

Gobolino - I love my monitor. I was expensive and so are the test sticks but I decided I didn't like the idea of trying to read opks and I like the fact the monitor reads 2 hormones and gives you highs and peaks. I don't temp as it seems like a lot of hassle and I don't see a major advantage to it

Well ladies, I'm 10dpo and been spotting since late on 6dpo so I think I'm definitely out this month again!

Phoned Acu to see if there were any cancellations rather than waiting until Jan 17 but there's nothing at the mo but receptionist said she's taken note of my number and will phone if anything comes up.

Was hoping for a Christmas BFP but looks like ill just be kicking back and relaxing and having a drink, or two....or three heehee

Definitely feel like this spotting is as a result of the d&c or its hormonal after being pregnant. Going to take nothing apart from pregnacare this month and see how things go!

How's everyone else? X

I agree with Cupcake.....don't count yourself out...but I so understand as I feel the same way...
But love the idea of a Christmas drink! Or two, or thee!!!

Greenleaf - Hope Hubby was OK. I used to get random high temps, that does seem very high have you thought about testing as you must be due AF soon ? Are you feeling under the weather or possibly didn't sleep for the 4hours solid last night before taking your temp

Jodspods - Many ladies spot before BFP doesn't mean you are out this cycle stay positive

Gobolino - I got tired of trying to read OPKs as well. I used them the first two cycles, but on this last one, I didn't use anything. Just monitored my CM and temp'd. Temping doesn't give you any clue about when you will O, but tells you when you did O, which I found to be very reassuring. I also liked seeing that my temperature stayed high while I was spotting, which I took to be a sign that I don't have low progesterone. But temping stresses some people out too much. If it took me longer to conceive, I definitely would have broken down and gotten a monitor! They seem to be much easier to interpret than OPKs. I told myself that I would try for at least 6 months before buying a monitor. People seem to have a lot of success with them!

Greenleaf - I don't know about the stress and temp thing, but it definitely seems possible! Also, not getting good sleep can cause a high temp. I hope everything is OK with you and your DH!

Jodspods - If you're right about the cause of your spotting, I hope that means it will resolve itself soon!

AFM - I called an obs a few days ago to try to make an appt, and they said to call back in a week... IF I'm still pregnant. haha! Thanks, but no thanks! I called a group of midwives instead, and I scheduled an appointment for Jan 7. I'll be 9 weeks by then! It seems crazy that they don't want to see you sooner, but oh well. I decided to get an hCG beta test in the meantime, to ease my nerves. I had blood drawn Monday and yesterday. Should have my results this afternoon. As for the spotting, it seems to be with me still, but much lighter - in amount and color.

CAt - Hope you get god blood test results - Let us know what the results are

Chloe your profile pic is gorgeous!

Cat - hope your spotting stops soon.

I'm on cd 16, high on cbfm, expecting peak Sat or Sun. Just a quick question - We tend to bd every other day with maybe an extra day thrown in at o. Do you think every day is better? Those who got their bfps what did you do that cycle?

I haven't gotten a BFP, but all the doctors I've seen recommend to bd every other day. The NP I met with last week said it takes 72 hours to rebuild sperm quality. I asked because I was worried I wasn't going to catch the egg because we Bd'd on the day I got a positive OPK and then weren't able to until two days later, which means that we dtd the day before and the day after I ovulated. Every day is probably fine if he has good swimmers though. I wish we could get a sperm analysis. We need to wait four more months before they will run any testws though.

Cat, Good luck with the tests.

Green leaf, so glad your husband is ok. Motorcycles are scary.

Gobolino, I just use internet cheapies for opk's. I'm also interested in the monitor. Let me know what you decide... How much are they? Even if I bought one and then got my BFP immediately it would be worth it.

I got the clearblue one. In the shops it is £100 but got it from amazon for £60/£70. The test sticks are £20 for 20 and it says you must use either 10 or 20 per cycle (mine is 20 as they are longer cycles) but some days are automatic results so I don't use as many as they recommend!

Thanks for your answers on how often to dtd. Although a few different answers so I'm not really sure what to do!

Just got a call from the OBGYN, and I am so relieved! My test on Monday was 255 and on Wednesday it was 528. I was reluctant to put a pregnancy ticker up just yet, but I might go ahead with it. Everything's normal thus far!

cupcake, I know I've already weighed in the every day vs. every other day issue, but I won't let that stop me from weighing in again. We happened to BD every day this time, but I would prob lean towards the every other day camp. As far as official/professional advice, I've heard both second-hand and neither first-hand (I've never asked my doc about it). I've heard that you should BD every day if your OH has good sperm and every other day if not so good, but I've also heard you should BD every other day either way. In the end, we just BD'd whenever we could, since my OH isn't necessarily up for it all the time, and it was too stressful to schedule BD.

Useless anecdote: I have a friend who is due Jan 27, and she has gotten 3 BFPs (2 miscarriages). She went with the every other day method, despite her hubby having excellent sperm (just realized how strange it is that I happen to know that about him). She got pregnant, on average, in 4.33 months.

Cat glad your results are good. Yay!

Well I guess what I take from that is that it doesn't really matter! Guess we will bd when we feel like it but at least every other day!

Cd17 today. Last 2 cycles got peak on cd20 and cd 19. Putting everything into it this month, know I will be gutted if it doesn't happen though as we will then be on our last shot before tests

Glad the tests were good Cat!

Goodluck Cupcake and everyone else!!

Cat that's great about your results!

Thanks for the comments - I did a test with smu after I posted this morning and BFN!! Not surprised!! Will definitely just see how things go this month but I've stocked up on my CBFM sticks for another 2 months anyway!

As for the bd every day/every other day - the month we got pregnant we did every day and my dr (who has just done a diploma in family planning) said every other day until you O then every day for 3 days is what they're recommending! I guess it's about keeping it fun while still TTC! We did every day this month but when I was on my period I said that we would follow this strategy and there was no "I don't feel like it tonight" or any pressure we just knew what our "plan of action" was upfront to avoid talking about it too much when we were trying as I think that takes the fun out of it!

Any opinions??

I got my monitor on amazon and was £80 for that and one pack of 20 sticks plus I've signed up to subscribe and save and you get a discount when they're delivered each month/2 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->