Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Aww Daydream!!! Big congrats hun! :wohoo: I've checked out your journal he's gorgeous! Can't wait to see more pics. Hope things are going well :thumbup: And loved the video of him moving inside you, I should really do one of Baby P!

Expat hope labour comes on soon for you hun and baby engages!

Yum, lovely to see you back hun, no progress with you? I keep hoping when people disappear for a bit they're going to come back with good news but it never seems to happen :nope: You must stick around! :) Yeah evening sickness is just basically pregnancy nausea - though it's classed as morning sickness it can happen at any time. Mine was often later in the day.
Jellycat hope it doesn't hang around too long!

Hi to the spotting ladies :howdy: Try not to be too disheartened, your time will come :dust:

x

Congrats Daydream! He is gorgeous and the labour sounds like it went really well!

10dpo today and spotting has got heavier, bit reddy brown this morning

Everything sounds perfect, daydream! So glad the labor went well and the new addition is BFing well.

Sorry to hear about spotting, cupcake :(

Yum - Yes, there are definitely midwives in the US! The group I'm using now is solely a midwife practice (often there are midwives in a combined practice with obstetricians). They deliver at a major hospital in Baltimore, where I live. So if there is a complication with the delivery, an obstetrician at the hospital will help with the delivery but the midwife will still be there.

Hello lovely ladies!

Firstly, big congratulations to Daydream!!! Who's next and who have I missed?!

I'm so sorry for being absent for so long, I've not even lurked so need to catch up on everything tonight. Hello to newbies and big hugs to spotters :hugs:

Well - After my BFP I had a week free of spotting, and then it started again at about 5 weeks. I had three days of red followed by a week of brown and honestly didn't think there was going to be a happy ending. But the good news is that it hasn't affected the outcome (so far) afterall. I've had two scans now, the latest on Monday at 7+3 and there is a tiny little blob in there with a heartbeat! :cloud9: Me and H are delighted! It's been such a stressful time - the BFP was so unexpected and then waiting for the tests and scans has been torture. I'm not spotting at the moment and got some killer morning (evening) sickness so hoping I'm home and dry.

I checked back and saw a few really kind messages wondering where I was which made me well up. Really wish I'd come back earlier, but couldn't face it at the time. So sorry for keeping you hanging.

So a spotter in the LP and a spotter in pregnancy and still growing a blueberry! It must be a very determined little blueberry!

Will catch up on posts tonight and come back in a few days with some personals.

:hugs::kiss:

I am so relieved to hear that you are doing fine, Yoms!! You had us scared for a awhile there. Glad you're back with good news. Congratulations!

Wow yoms. Been thinking about you, sooo happy everything is good that's amazing news!

Oh Yoms welcome back and I'm so relieved to hear you're doing well! Look forward to hearing more from you once your caught up!

AFM I'm gearing up to O. Very slight line on opk this am and still showing high on CBFM but trying to stay relaxed! Got the preseed at the ready too!

Hope everyone is well! Xx

Congrats, daydream :happydance: Harrison is beautiful! Glad labor went well. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures!

Expat, thinking of you! Hope to see the exciting news soon :flower:

Yoms, glad everything is going well. I remember especially the first couple of weeks were really scary, any kind of bleeding or spotting worried me. It's reassuring to see the lo during the ultrasound.

MrsP, I almost got up last night to turn on the light and start videotaping my belly, the baby always starts moving like crazy the moment I go to bed and it is quite a show. I should keep a camera by my bed and get one of those actions one night. It would be a nice memory. Hope you'r doing well!

Spotting ladies, don't get discouraged! Look at all the baby stories on this thread. I spotted like crazy the month of bfp. During that month I only took prenatal vitamins, progesterone supplement and we used a bit of preseed (no applicators, that seemed like too much). I used opks, we BDed every night around ovulation and I would stay in bed after the deed. Spotting and even bleeding persisted and yet somehow the baby managed to get through it all. :dust: to you all

daydream- harrison is such a cutie pie :)

mrsp- i always wondered why its called ms ??? now i know there is es too ! did u happen to post any new scans of babyp recently ?

cat- thanks 4r the info ! none of my pregs frns/cousins mentioned abt midwives so, had no clue !

jodspod- hope u catch the eggy ! fx!

yomsyoms- so glad to hear 4rm u & big congratss :happydance: been thinkin abt u ! have h&h 9 months !

cupcake- sorry abt the spottin :hugs: got my fx 4r ya !

katie- lol ! may b lo is camera shy ! did u get the nursery ready yet ?

Congrats Daydream!!!!! So happy for you :baby:

Good luck with eggie jodspod! I'm not far behind!

Sorry about spotting cupcake....we will get there you'll see!!!

Hi Yoms!!! Hi Yum! Nice to hear from you

Glad to hear preggies are doing well, good luck expat!

Hope greenleaf is doing well, she should be a couple of days in front of me.

AFM, home for xmas...long journey, still fighting jetlag. So no bd'd yet..and I've no idea about O...just too complicated this month.
Tomorow going to DR with all my "complaints". Will ask him to really look into spotting, plus in the last 6 months, 3 periods have hurt BAD, I've never had this before.....wondering if it's all the same thing. Also will ask him to look into TTC...I'm on my 6th month, and being 37 (38 in jan), gets me kind of worried (to put it lightly). So will get back to you if any news on spotting!

Hi ladies, would you mind if I join? I'm so glad to find this thread I cant tell you! We have been trying for #2 since last year and nothing but a miscarriage on the first month. It is driving me crazy! All tests are fine including a lap & dye. But still no baby. I had mid cycle spotting which seemed to stop after the lap & dye. Now I spot from 7-8dpo to my period, I've got a 12 day lp. I worry this is getting in the way. My GP says its fine but I had a right sulk yesterday, came home and burst into tears!

So I'm pleased to see you ladies and that I can potentially get pregnant even with spotting! Maybe my GP is right!
Hope you're all looking forward to xmas xx

oh yom, great to hear you saw the HB! I have been thinking about you. Keep us posted!

Gobolino - where is home? I would think your Dr would take you seriously and look into the spotting considering you are over 35? I think that's the rule of thumb in the US...over 35, 6 months ttc, and under 35, 1 year ttc before they really start to take you seriously.

Yum, its been a while! Good to see you check back in!

Cupcake, my spotting wasn't very different when I got my BFP. I took clomid for 2 months and that seemed to make my spotting heavier and more red, and then i took a month off of clomid, and had the same type of spotting, heavier, more red, and then got my BFP. The only difference is that the spotting got lighter as AF time was approaching rather than heavier. That is what prompted me to test. I will never forget the feeling of shock as i totally thought I was out. I didn't even allow myself to look at the test for the 5 minutes it was supposed to take to process. When i took a second test i watched the second line appear immediately.

Gabby is 3 weeks old today! I feel like i have rejoined the spotters tho cuz the bleeding is just never ending! Even with a C section, although not as heavy, its still there. I really have to wonder what will happen with my spotting once AF comes back with regularity. Dr's keep asking me what kind of birth control i want, and i guess if you are breastfeeding, you can't have one with estrogen, which is probably ok anyway, given my spotting issues, but BCP really did nice things for my skin, so I don't know. I am conflicted. Not sure how i feel about IUDs, as some are hormonal and some are not, and I am allowed to do either. Definitely don't want condoms. And so not ready to be pregnant again any time soon! Love Gabby to pieces, but being pregnant and now the sleep deprivation that comes with all of those middle of the night feedings really wears on a person. I think the baby blues are over for me, and have not escalated to PPD.

Happy Holidays to all!

Gobolino - will be interesting to see what your doctor says about the spotting. Interestingly my periods in the last few months seem to be getting more painful too. First day I'm always in so much pain. Def wasn't like that on bcp.

Welcome sparrow - I know what you mean about being driven crazy by all this and crying. I do that a lot right now! This thread is my fave. Always makes me feel hopeful!

Chloe - glad your baby blues are feeling better. Thanks so much.for sharing about spotting, really helpful

My spotting is a bit heavier today and some red too. Af due Friday

Welcome Sparrow!

Chloe great news your baby blues have gone! Hmm the protection is a difficult one. We didn't mind condoms too much (used them whilst getting the bcp out of my system) but then we don't have a very active sex life so...:shrug: I'd get the Iud next.

Yomsyoms yay!! :happydance: so pleased your bean is doing well!

Katie, I'm great thanks, hope you're well!

Yum, no not posted my 23 week scan pic yet but been meaning to! Also a bump pic, must sort it over xmas :)

x

Congratulations, Daydream!! Harrison is gorgeous.

Yoms, so glad to hear everything is good!

Gobolino, I hope you get some answers.

Welcome Sparrow.

Chloe, Gabby is beautiful!

Well af came this morning. Thought I was 11dpo and normally don't start till 12dpo but I am just presuming I o on the 2nd peak on cbfm. Suppose it could have happened on the first.

Oh well, going to enjoy some Xmas drinks and book an appointment with my doctor for late jan after I finish cycle 12. Nearly at the dreaded 1 year mark

Well af came this morning. Thought I was 11dpo and normally don't start till 12dpo but I am just presuming I o on the 2nd peak on cbfm. Suppose it could have happened on the first.

Oh well, going to enjoy some Xmas drinks and book an appointment with my doctor for late jan after I finish cycle 12. Nearly at the dreaded 1 year mark

Oh so sorry Cupcake.... Think of that dreaded one year mark as a posibility to get some answers.

:hugs: Cupcake you enjoy Christmas drinks and some New Years too and let's hope you get some answers in the new year!!!x

Sorry about AF, cupcake! I hope you get some answers soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->