Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

swabs were all clear! Yay! Although I think DH is getting more worried about his test, he hasn't booked it yet....think he was hoping either we get pregnant before he has to do it or they find something in my tests they can treat!

Men can be so funny. Just tell him how manly he will feel when his results come back good.

His other fave excuse is that he is scared they will 'use' his stuff to get someone else pregnant! Lol! Men

:rofl: that's funny!

How the sample is done seems to depend on the hospital Hun. My dh got a sample bottle from the GP, did the deed then took it to the hospital. However we did my tests in a different hospital where there policy was to 'deposit' the specimen at the hospital, so dh was very relieved we did his tests at the other one!

Yes sbmack, I'm waddling ha! Been like this a few weeks now. I'm not particularly big for 37 weeks though!

I'm fine thanks happyshopper. Gosh you're going through the mill a bit at the minute aren't you! I really hope the mole turns out to be nothing. As for the other things, I remember when I had my thyroid checked I wanted it to come back abnormal :saywhat: I guess I just thought its good to have an answer to the infertility and/or a quick fix. Though my thyroid was fine. As for the acupuncture, I think it's worth a shot. I'm sure I've heard it's especially good for people to have during IVF.

x

Ladies, HAD to share this tip with you as it made me giggle. My best friends colleague has struggled to get pregnant. She got pregnant with both ivf and clomid but miscarried and then right after her second miscarriage didn't get a period and got a shock that she was pregnant! She has recommended i use fem fresh shower gel!! Both times she's conceived she used it! As it normalises your pH down there it's less hostile to sperm!

Might be one ill try if need be next month!

Thanks ladies, I think I will go to acupuncture. I can try it once and decide if I want to keep with it. I have heard lots of great things from ladies who do it.
Thanks MrsP, I hope my doctor is just being overly cautious. I really like her as she doesn't fob me off like my old male doctor used to do. I have similar looking moles elsewhere but the one they want to look at is new and a little bigger.
What an awful experience SB I can't believe anyone in the 'caring' industry could be like that. I'm sending lots of sticky vibes to you and little bean xxx

Hope the mole is alright happyshopper. I had one removed a couple of years ago on my neck as it was bleeding but thankfully turned out to be nothing sinister!

4dpo today. The tww is dragging...

Just did an ovulation test this afternoon and its come back positive for OV. But started spotting today already. I've never had the spotting so early. Anyone else? Also worried I've missed out this month because I last DTD Monday. Was supposed to do it last night but I fell asleep early. Do I have any chance this month? I've decided not to take the progesterone this month and see what happens to my temps. It feels like I'm out already :( I did feel like I was getting really light period cramps in my womb area today when I was at work. I wonder if this is connected. Does anyone else get this with the spotting too?

Thanks for the tip Jodspods will be adding that to my shopping list! Hope your mole is ok happyshopper.

Just did an ovulation test this afternoon and its come back positive for OV. But started spotting today already. I've never had the spotting so early. Anyone else? Also worried I've missed out this month because I last DTD Monday. Was supposed to do it last night but I fell asleep early. Do I have any chance this month? I've decided not to take the progesterone this month and see what happens to my temps. It feels like I'm out already :( I did feel like I was getting really light period cramps in my womb area today when I was at work. I wonder if this is connected. Does anyone else get this with the spotting too?

Thanks for the tip Jodspods will be adding that to my shopping list! Hope your mole is ok happyshopper.

Could be ovulation spotting?! Think positive! Fingers crossed for you it is and if you've only missed last night you could still be in with a chance!

Yes bun it could be ovulation spotting? Hope you catch that eggy!

Happyshopper I've also had a couple of moles removed before, I'm sure it'll be nothing but better to be cautious.

Jodspods ha ha that funny! Unfortunately I use femfresh soothing wash every day & have for years & it didn't help me :dohh: but that's not to say it won't help you!

x

I agree with rest of the girls that it could be ovulate bleeding. Good luck this month xxx
I feel really depressed. My spotting is really bad this month, very red and crampy. I feel like I'm about to have a visit from AF but its only 9dpo. My old body is giving up on me :'( xxx

Happyshopper :hugs:

I am CD21 and 7DPO and when I went to the bathroom this morning I'm sure spotting has started! Got to phone next week to confirm HSG date for march 4 then it's all dependent on the outcome of that what happens next! I really hoped this could be it but I guess not :-(

Sorry about the spotting girls! Just remember spotting doesn't mean your out.

I'm 5dpo today. Had bloods this morning and now have a lovely bruise coming up! I hope my bloods were done on the right day this time. I know on a standard 28 day cycle, 14 day LP they are cd21. Doctor just put me back 5 days due to longer cycle, didn't really consider 12 day LP. Is 5dpo going to be ok to get a good reading?

I've got a couple of parties this weekend so am going to have a few drinks! Probably shouldn't as I'm in the tww but it gets boring thinking like that after a while!

Sorry about all the spotting ladies! I know it's devastating, but remember that it doesn't mean you're out.

Cupcake, I think I was only 3 or 4dpo when I got what was supposed to be cd21 bloodwork. My progesterone came back fine. I was still concerned if the results were accurate, but I guess they were. I hope you get the results you want. I know what you mean about almost wanting something to be wrong. That way you at least can fix it. Let's hope there isn't though because maybe knowing that everything is in working order is all you'll need to catch the egg!

That's good to know you were 3 or 4dpo and your results were fine. Hopefully mine will be too! The nurse who has been doing my bloods used to be a midwife and she is really positive about everything, she asked me a bit about us trying the first bloods she did and now keeps telling me I'm young and I have no need to worry! She keeps asking me if I'm excited as it will be my first baby! Wish I could still feel like that, all it is now is worry and impatience, would live to go back to when I was excited!

How are things going sbmack? Has the spotting gone?

I won't be surprised if I start spotting early this month as I have had a stressful month and I think it could be linked to stress but am going to try not to get down about spotting as I think I'm learning it really doesn't mean your out!

Cupcake, I think stress does have a lot to do with it. But some people just spot all the time and doctors can't really explain why. I've had so many tests and utlrasounds and the only 'answer' I ever got was that I have a friable cervix and that doesn't really explain why I only spotted during my LP.

I know it's very hard to do, but please try and stay relaxed. I didn't think it would be my month when I got my BFP. We bd'd, but I wasn't really focused on it because I thought we would need assisted conception. I drank (not heavily, but I didn't restrict myself completely) throughout the tww. You mentioned you might have a drink in one of your lasts posts....I say go for it.

My spotting has pretty much gone away. I have a little bit of light, light brown here and there. Sorry if this is TMI, but my cm has turned kind of light yellow. I think I may have BV again, but that is my only symptom and I'm not really sure if that's a symptom or not. It worries me because there is an increase chance of MC and premature birth. I can take antibiotics after the first trimester though. I'm anxiously awaiting my next scan to see if I am in fact growing a bean or not!

I've heard of lots of people having yellow cm in pregnancy so hopefully it's not bv and hopefully your scan goes well.

The stress this month has been more work related than ttc I think but need to try to relax a bit more generally. Not getting quite as down or upset though. Spent a lot of nov and dec crying and I haven't cried in a while now.

Just going to have a couple of cocktails next couple of days as I'm going out. Won't drink too much!

SB - call your dr if you think it's bv, but yes discharge does all kinds of crazy during pregnancy, so quite possible it's normal

sbmack - I had BV early on. I found out at my 10-week appointment. Who knows how long I had it because I had zero symptoms (other than spotting, but since I had spotted every month I didn't really consider that a symptom). The midwife said my infection was very slight, but she also didn't seem worried that it would cause any harm to the baby. I took her word for it and didn't worry about it much at all. She gave me a prescription for an antibiotic, but told me to hold off until second tri to start taking it, unless I started getting really bad symptoms. I finished it last Monday. You should get it checked out, of course, but I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, whether or not you have BV.

Sorry about the spotting ladies :hugs2:

SB pleased yours is almost gone!

Cupcake I drank during all 2ww's as long as I wasn't more more than 10dpo

x

Hi ladies! Been busy this week....but have been reading you! But from iphone not easy to reply.....
Just a big hug to spotters, I've started today... and hope Sbmack that all will be fine.

Hi to all, and to Bun! Welcome!
I have an appointment with FD in Spain (flying tonight) on the 27th...see how they compare to the one in Hong Kong!

Sorry about the spotting Gobolino and cupcake!

Good luck at the appt. Gob!! Can't wait to hear what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->