Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Thanks ladies! I'm very confused! Got a "pregnant" on a supermarket digi but not pregnant less than an hour later on a clear blue digi and a blue dye test....false positive??

jods- that false could be bcuz of diluted urine...try not to drink liquids for 3 hours & test if possible or i heard first morning urine is the best !
sure hope its not a false positive ! everythin crossed 4r u hun !

Jods, Really hoping its not a false positive!!

I usually started spotting 5 days before AF and sometimes 2-3 dpo. I never found out why. b-vitamins seemed to help a bit. I didn't spot the cycle I got my BFP, but have been spotting a bit while pregnant though. It's probably because of the subchorionic bleed.

Jods!!!! FX for you!!!!!
Yums is right....could be diluted urine....

oh Jods, got my fingers crossed for you! Definitely wait for first morning pee! if its early in pregnancy and dillute, it could not pick up hsg

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately it was a false positive. I won't be buying that brand again! Af definitely on her way so onto clomid and hopefully my next test will be a bfp for real!

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately it was a false positive. I won't be buying that brand again! Af definitely on her way so onto clomid and hopefully my next test will be a bfp for real!

Oh S**t!!!! Sorry.....You'll get one soon with clomid!!:hugs:

Jods, make sure you test one first morning urine, or second morning urine. If the hormone level is too low, the stick may not be able to pick it up. The best is go for a blood test. Good luck hun!! :hugs:

AFM, i finally worked up the courage to make an appointment with the Medically Assisted Conception centre. Appointment on 7 May. :argh:

After spotting heavely for the last 3 days...today nothing, except from cramps lower abdomen. So I've just caved and POAS.....the only one I had, an expensive CBdigital. It's 5:30 pm here, and I'd peed two hours ago. OH! Forgot to say BFN. Why oh why is my body doing this to me??????

Jods, make sure you test one first morning urine, or second morning urine. If the hormone level is too low, the stick may not be able to pick it up. The best is go for a blood test. Good luck hun!! :hugs:

AFM, i finally worked up the courage to make an appointment with the Medically Assisted Conception centre. Appointment on 7 May. :argh:

Good for you!!!!!!!!

Gobolino: 5:30pm is not a good time to test. The hormone hCG needs time to build up to a significant concentration before it would show in the urine pregnancy test. 2 hours seem a bit short. Try again in the morning. I got this article from the internet. Good read for those who wants to know why UPT should be taken in the morning.

There are many things that can lead to a false pregnancy test result. Reading every instruction before taking a pregnancy test is very important. It is also important to make sure that you are not testing too soon after conception or you will most likely get a false negative. Do you really have to take a pregnancy test in the morning though? Will testing later in the day cause you to get a false pregnancy test result?

Why is Taking a Pregnancy Test in the Morning Ideal?

Using your first morning urine is highly recommended when taking a pregnancy test. There are a few reasons for this. For starters, it is likely that it has been a few hours since you have last urinated. This means that your hCG levels are generally the highest in the a.m.

In addition, it is important to avoid forcing yourself to urinate by drinking a lot of water or another beverage. This can dilute your hCG hormone levels. Since most women do not drink during the middle of the night, this cause of negative pregnancy test results can be prevented.

What if You Don't Take a Pregnancy Test in the Morning?

If you do not take a pregnancy test in the morning, the best thing that you can do is try to hold your urine for about six hours. This will work the same way as testing with first morning urine because it will ensure that you are testing with urine that has the highest concentration of hCG hormones. Also note that you will want to avoid drinking too many beverages to prevent the hCG levels from becoming diluted.

Taking a pregnancy test in the morning is highly recommended and generally is the best option if you want to help increase your chances of getting an accurate result. If you are unable to take the test when you first wake up or forget to do so for some reason, the best thing that you can do is wait several hours.

Keep in mind that even if you do take a pregnancy test in the morning, there is a chance that you may get a false reading, whether you have tested too early or did not follow the instructions otherwise. If you get a false pregnancy test result and still think that you could be pregnant, it is ideal to wait another week and retake a home test or follow up with a doctor.

Source:

American Pregnancy Association, "Taking a Pregnancy Test."

Great news Greenleaf :dance:, :hugs: gobolino, Jods my spotting varied from 6dpo to 10dpo, brown spotting, never heavy, I think using vitex made it worse as was never as early as 6dpo until I started taking it. Clomid didn't improve it much until I had my clomid break & that cycle the spotting was great & the cycle back on clomid after was also great, then I got my BFP with no spotting at all. How many dpo are you? I've never heard of a false positive on a digi!

x

Jods - I've never heard of a false positive on a digi. If it really is a false positive I would write to them and complain!

Gobolino - sorry about the bfn.

Sbmack - how are things going? Has the spotting stopped yet?

Afm - 8dpo, no spotting yet but fully expect it to start today. Also coming down with a cold which sucks! Trying not to ss but I did have a nosebleed this morning, haven't had one of those for years!

This is the digi (hope this works!) tesco own brand & they're new! I did the test at 530pm then the neg ones at 630. One this morning also neg!

Af is definitely here though! Day 1 again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
Jodspods, I've had fake bfp on clear blue lines but never on a digi :hugs:

I'm so sorry, jods. Never heard of a false positive on a digi either, but I think they are pretty sensitive, so it may have picked up a level of hcg the other tests couldn't. It could have been a chemical pregnancy :(

As for your question about spotting, I had spotting 7-10 days before AF, always brown, I wouldn't say heavy, but enough to make it to a pantyliner. My midwife says I have a sensitive cervix, not sure if that explains the spotting. Increasing B vitamins seemed to help my spotting, but didn't make it go away.

I know!!! I googled and some people asked their OH to poas and got positives with digis so I guess I'm not alone! I definitely had symptoms but just wasn't thinking about them too much (sore shoulder which I had last time, headache, tired and sore bbs).....maybe it was a chemical....been spotting since day 17 and its now day 27 and I've been getting af around this day so as I've been bleeding today I think this is day 1.

I thought I'd be more upset but I'm not which is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->