Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I defo think there's something in it :thumbup: how long now before you find out if it made it? x

Hi girls,
I haven't been here for several months and I am happy the thread started to be a bit busier once again.
I just had a 12 week scan today and all looks good, singleton. I didn't want to write earlier as I have been nervous wreck for last 2 months due to my previous missed miscarriage.
I have been spotting before my period since shortly before starting ttc, usually 1-4 days with short luteal phase. I tried 3 months of oral progesterone which helped slightly to make my LP longer but I still spotted. Two cycles later I got pregnant with no meds, however I spotted since before my bfp and on and off during the first weeks. A scan at almost 7 weeks showed a normal embryo with heartbeat, but as the spotting hasn't stopped this time I went for a scan a week later and found out the embryo died shortly after the scan. I was devastated and obviously blamed the progesterone and hated the epu doctors who wouldn't prescribe me supplements. I cannot say for sure it wasn't a chromosomal problem as I didn't have d&c but I will always feel like more could have been done.
This time around I went for mini ivf to the Czech Republic because we were trying for almost another year (even though I tried vaginal progesterone for 5 months and it got rid of my spotting), I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve and my husband's morphology was borderline.
Since my egg collection I have been on 800mg vaginal progesterone and not a hint of spotting - I still have a habit of checking when I go to the toilet and I am petrified I will see blood. I halved my dose now and should be coming off it completely in a week when I start my second trimester.
I wished we went for ivf earlier as I most likely needed the progesterone but also had male fertility issue which wasn't picked up by the UK lab.

Enough about me...
Massive congratulations MrsPTTC - so nice you can have a sibling for your child and you didn't have to go through such a long journey like with the first one. You deserved it. I remember reading the whole thread from the beginning before I posted for the first time and it took me several weeks. By the time, you already had your child.
I think I will give it 4 months for the next one and will move to mini ivf again... it was very easy to go through and even though it cost us £1000, it was worth it.
Buninmyoven - good to hear you have finally gone to do the ivf even though the nhs option didn't work out. I wish you luck however do not get too discouraged if it doesn't happen the first time as you have some frozen. I was lucky I got bfp the first time after transfer of one early blast and one compact morula on day 5, both grade II, so I wasn't very hopeful. Plus my lining was only 7.5mm due to clomid that was part of my stimms. As it was mini ivf I only had 6 eggs and even though I had 6 embryos thanks to picsi, only 2 were good at day five and I had them transferred both... so none to freeze. About 2 hours after the transfer and went for a 2 hour dog walk and flew the day after... the walk was intentional as i do not believe in bed rest.

Wow! Congrats Bun and DrCo!!! Such great news.

I've only had a few periods since I had Stella. So far the spotting has been better. A couple days prior at most and it's been brighter.

Thank you DrCo! Congratulations to you too & interesting about your mini IVF in the Czech Republic! How did you even find out about that? £1k is nothing really :thumbup: Glad to hear you've had your scan & it went well, wishing you a h&h remainder of your pregnancy.

Bun any update?

x

Ah bun I'm so sorry to hear that Hun. I hope everything is ok tomorrow. How many weeks are you? x

I don't understand what's happened to your original post bun but sending you lots of baby :dust: for your appt today x

Sad to see the thread's gone stale girls :sad1: Hope you're all doing ok. Any more BFP's we should know about? I got my BFP #2 this morning, still in shock, only 4 months TTC this time! x

OMG - MRSPTTC! Remember me??? Doesn't seem like long ago that this thread started up.

I had a weird feeling to check this thread today. Haven't been on for months and I'm seeing that you are pg with #2? Huge congrats!!!!

TTC is a time in my life I will never forget for so many reasons - good and bad.

Expecting my third now in November. They are little miracles that I still can't believe happened.

thinking about you, bun! Looks like you might be having some problems, but the post is blank?? I hope everything is ok!

Hi Mrs P I deleted it because I was embarrassed it might look a bit melodramatic!

Just to say I had a scan today and beanie is absolutely fine. We saw another heartbeat and I'm measuring 2 days ahead. I don't want to post too much more about it incase I tempt fate but just wanted to say thank you all for your support. I went to bed last night absolutely heartbroken convinced I had had a miscarriage so it came as a massive shock when we were told everything was fine x

Thanks fab news bun! It wasn't melodramatic at all! You can post anything on here no one knows who you are!

Yes of course I remember cantwaitforu! Congrats on your 3rd pregnancy how old are your LO's now?

Both of you should stop off on our new thread, link on first page, though we don't post much on their now & tend to use our Facebook group which you're welcome to join x

Hi Mrs P I deleted it because I was embarrassed it might look a bit melodramatic!

Just to say I had a scan today and beanie is absolutely fine. We saw another heartbeat and I'm measuring 2 days ahead. I don't want to post too much more about it incase I tempt fate but just wanted to say thank you all for your support. I went to bed last night absolutely heartbroken convinced I had had a miscarriage so it came as a massive shock when we were told everything was fine x

Oh Bun!!!! Huge Congrats!!!!!!:happydance:
Of course you can write what you want!!!! Where else can we pour out our feelings if not????
I can't remember....how long have you been trying??
Sooo happy for you!!

Thanks fab news bun! It wasn't melodramatic at all! You can post anything on here no one knows who you are!

Yes of course I remember cantwaitforu! Congrats on your 3rd pregnancy how old are your LO's now?

Both of you should stop off on our new thread, link on first page, though we don't post much on their now & tend to use our Facebook group which you're welcome to join x

Ohhhhh Mrs P!!!!! 11 weeks already! Nearly time to tell the world! :flower:

Thanks Gobs, MrsP and Chloe. Congrats to those who have got their BFPs. Mrs P wishing you all the very best for your scan :)

I will join the other thread eventually but will leave it until I get to about 20 weeks. Last time I joined a pregnancy thread was when I had my mc years ago and I swore I wouldn't do it again until much further on when I ever got PG again. Went to my booking apt recently and bizarrely started crying uncontrollably infront of the poor trainer midwife. I think it was just the memory of what happened last time; being so excited getting the Bounty pack etc only to end up having a mc and not conceiving again years later. Then the MW who saw me last time came in and spoke to me and was really lovely and insisted I see her at my next apt which was nice. I won't post anymore now for a couple of weeks but good luck to everyone and take care xxx

Mrs P,

Sorry I have a bit of an embarrassing question to ask (you don't have to answer if you don't want to but I noticed you are a couple of weeks ahead of me). I had boob pain from the start of this pregnancy but over the last week and a half it had slowly faded and in the last few days they don't hurt at all perhaps on the odd occasion very late at night but that's it. What's your experience been like? I had a bit of nausea and been sick twice but not overly so. Even with the scans I've had in still nervous because of this x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->