Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

MrsHY – any update on ovulation? Hope you don’t have to DTD with your parents in the next room!! But it needs to be done!

:hugs: Nell, so sorry to hear about the lining hun :( But please don’t give up hope! I’m praying that the tablets you’re taking helps you and you get your BFP.

Star31 – congrats on getting a date for IUI! Now can someone please explain what it is? Do they put the sperm up in your fallopian tube or something? I’ve not got a clue :dohh:

Bec, congrats on your progesterone levels! You’ve still got plenty time for a :bfp: 10 DPO is very early. Check out the chart gallery on FF, there are loads of negative tests before positives.

Hi Struth! Yay, so pleased you joined us hun! You definitely need to go to the docs, I’m not sure what you would have done first, but if you go to a FS I’d imagine they’d be able to test everything other than the recurrent mc? I’m amazed they’ve not checked you out before, especially with having 2 mc’s now bless you :hugs:

Welcome Butterfly! :hi: I would probably wait another couple of months to monitor your cycles properly. Just make sure you record any cramping or spotting you have in a diary or calendar. My FS is not worried about my spotting at all. I’ve had some u/s for follicle tracking and it turns out I have a big cyst on one of my ovaries. I think this has stopped me ovulating as I’m sure I heard you have a dominant ovary, though you can ovulate from both :shrug: I always get pain around ovulation on the side with the cyst so I think the spotting might be due to the cyst but the sonographers I’ve seen didn’t seem to think so, and again, weren’t worried!

Islandgrl I am so sorry :hugs: and what a complete ass saying that to you in such a thoughtless way! :growlmad:. Fingers crossed for a sticky bean that will prove him wrong! As for the sperm, erm, your DH has gotten you pregnant twice, so it can’t be that low! There are things he can take to improve it too, Maca is one of them and is what my DH is taking and his SA was very good! :thumbup:.

AFM, officially 5 DPO, though I could be 6. FF says I am 5 but the day it says I ovulated I had an early morning scan and the follicle had popped by 8am so I might have ovulated the night before or early hours of the morning. I’m trying not to SS but I’ve got creamy CM which I’ve never noticed in the LP, and I’ve got some small twinges. I think it’s too early for implantation so might be that damn cyst making itself known! I’ve got so long until I test, a whole 8 days, but I don’t have any IC’s in the house so I think I can resist temptation!

Happy weekend everyone xx

I got a BFP! Last night at 11dpo! So exciting doesnt seem real yet!

I'm still gonna check how ur all getting on :)
Theres hope for u all my spotting was always 7days before af proper blood, but this month it never came. Good luck to u all x x

Thanks everyone, still early days but hopeful because of my progeserone levels the other day. Iv had really sore boobs for a wk! also lower back pain but that's quite normal for me.
I'm Hopeful ul all get a bfp soon :) x x

Afternoon ladies - I'm a little fed up today. I'm 8dpo have had spotting since 5dpo this cycle. For me that is super early. I usually spot from 7/8dpo. I really don't think that my body can keep the witch at bay for much longer and I think she will arrive tomorrow which means that not only do I have stupidly early spotting but an 8 day LP. :cry:

Aw struth, :hugs: hun. I think you can still get pg with the spotting (you have before) but not with a short LP :sad1:. I hope AF stays away & the sooner you get booked in for your tests the better.

Ladies, I'm 7/8 dpo & no spotting as yet, last month it was 7dpo. I know this might sound stupid but, last month I forgot to take my moonstone & rose quartz fertility bracelet with me on holiday so didn't wear it in the 2ww. The first month I wore my bracelet I'm sure I didn't have spotting til 10 or 11dpo.I'm just wondering if this could be helping my spotting :shrug:. It might be worth a try for you ladies, the bracelets are only about £13 from eBay, seller is Cosmic Poppy. I know its a bit of a hippy/spiritual kind of thing, but I think anything is worth a go!

So I know I said I wasn't temping but woke up at my usual time this morning so I caved in. Anyway, I didn't sleep well so I know it can affect it a bit, but my temp was WAY higher than it is normally!! So I'm gonna temp next 2 days out of curiosity, but then defo stop as I can't bare to watch it drop!

x x

MrsPTTC - I know! I was too distraught to say anything but my OH has gotten me pregnant without too much difficulty so I'm not sure it's an issue. Let's hope we don't have to try again! Yay, for no spotting and high temps!

Struth - Sorry to hear about the early spotting and short lp. My spotting always starts on or after 7dpo but a few on us on the board start around 4-5dpo and I know Cosmogirl spotted that early and got her bfp after a few months. I would get it checked out. It will give you piece of mind.

Bec - Congrats!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

AFM - Nothing to report. Going for bloodwork this week and yes I am determined to prove my fs wrong. No "threatened abortion" here!

Thanks Islandgrl, fingers crossed for your bloodwork. Let us know how you get on x

Hello ladies!
Bec87 – Congratulations! I thought your progesterone reading was high at 73. Mine was 65 when I had it checked a few cycles ago and it crossed my mind that perhaps I was pregnant then and it didn’t stick – but maybe not! Have a very happy and healthy nine months.
Struth – welcome and I’m very sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I had read your posts on the vit B thread as like you, I have a short LP as well as spotting. I also have PCOS. However, unlike you, I’ve not had any BFPs in the nearly 12 months (eek) we’ve been trying. You are very welcome here 
Welcome Butterfly! Apols if someone else has already answered your question but you start counting cd1 when ‘full flow’ gets you instead of the spotting (yuk). I have a short LP of between 9 and 12 days – the jury seems to be out on whether it’s a problem but the current evidence points to it not being a problem – that’s the currently accepted point of view in the UK anyway.
Islandgrl – your doctor sounds like an ass. It IS common for women to spot in early pregnancy and it DOES NOT always mean miscarriage. I know for sure that you and your allegedly spermy-challenged man will prove him wrong!
MrsPTTC – I’ve got a good feeling about this month for you! I’m really hoping I’m right! Keeping everything crossed for you.
As for me, I didn’t have to resort to having sex in the next room to my parents, LOL! DTD Friday and Sunday, and will again tonight and tomorrow. Was very confused because I had three days of high temps Weds-Fri but had not had a good line on an OPK and was still getting EWCM (it goes once I’ve ovulated). In retrospect I think these temps were caused by a cold I was fighting off, and then a fair amount of wine and rich food the evening afterwards! So we carried on DTD anyway and then yesterday I had a nearly positive OPK – the first test had failed so then I used the next one only 1.5hrs later – I reckon if I’d have left it longer it would have been positive. So am hoping I’ll see a sustained temp shift tomorrow or Weds.
Good luck to everyone xx

Wow, such great news to see some BFP's!! Congrats IG and Bec, I hope that you both have a wonderful 9 months ahead! and IG, your doc really does sound like a complete ass! Both of your stories give me hope.

MrsHY & MRSPTTC - good luck to you both! The spotters seem to be on a role here!

I have been having a rough time as of late. I'm on CD 37 and still havent seen a temp rise. I spotted briefly around CD24 anD 25, thinking maybe I had ovulated earlier than normal and that was my ritual post ovulation spotting, but then it went away. I have been peeing on those damn OPK strips for the past 25 days, and I haven't seen a definite positive yet. I keep seeing lines that look like they may be close to a positive, but nothing that is clear cut positive. I'm so sick of temping and peeing in a cup! its causing nothing but stress. I am still hanging on to those progesterone pills, waiting to spot so i can start taking them. I can't believe i actually want to start spotting! The sooner i start spotting, the sooner i can take my pills and call the doctor to tell her i'm not pregnant and she needs to give me clomid. I am starting to think about trying the soy isoflavones when AF does arrive.

Chloe, sorry to hear you're not getting the pos opk and temp rise. That is the worst. That happened to me around April and I ended up having a major panic attack over it! And I didn't even make it that far into testing! I hope it all comes soon. I did soy iso's about four months ago and that was when I finally got my first pos opk test. I hope you get some signs either way soon!

AFM: I'm at CD15 and just waiting... We're going to keep BD-ing until we get that smiley face (and a few days after that). My IC OPK was pretty dark today, but the digi test said Nope. Not positive yet. All other signs point to ov coming soon.

We haven't gotten DH's second SA results back yet. Being patient this time around since we don't have any pressing deadlines. I'm hoping that the results are good so that my OB will prescribe clomid for this next cycle. Or you know, the possibility that we end up pregnant. That would be nice too ;)

I got a BFP! Last night at 11dpo! So exciting doesnt seem real yet!

I'm still gonna check how ur all getting on :)
Theres hope for u all my spotting was always 7days before af proper blood, but this month it never came. Good luck to u all x x

Congrats!! :happydance:

Hey ladies. :flower:

I'm out this month... :cry:

But this cycle was really confusing to me. I spotted a tiny tiny bit on 4dpo and 5dpo. Then it stopped. I then started spotting again (but a little more - like my normal spotting) on 8dpo and 9dpo. Then nothing 10dpo. Then 11dpo and 12dpo I spotted again. Of course AF came the next day and was heavy. Then CD2 really really light and CD3 (today) nothing.

I usually spot a few days before AF then AF always lasts 4 days. Starts out medium flow then gets a little lighter each day until she's gone.

Could it be stress? :shrug: I don't really feel stressed.
Has anyone had a cycle like this?
Why does my body have to be so weird? :haha: lol

Well, anyway, have a great day ladies! :thumbup:

Congrats to the BFP!! It is so encouraging to see! Have a H&H 9 months! :happydance:

Aw thanks Mrshy :hugs:. My temp was the highest its ever been today! 37.04, don't think I've ever been in the 37's before. The circles on FF are open as I've not been sleeping properly since last Friday, I think its the excitement! So I know this could effect the temps but not by that much, & in general I am a bad sleeper & not had huge jumps in temps before. My DH is telling me to :test:. I've told him its too early though I am 10/11 dpo tomorrow & am on a late shift at work so could test in the morning. I'm scared though & really want to wait til the weekend when I'd have time to get my head around it no matter what the result! x

Sorry you've not ovulated chloe, hope you do soon. And to you daydream!

Butterfly sorry AF got you :hugs:. But have you tested to make sure? Just with your AF only lasting 2days? x

Looks like my spotting has started, though need to check cervix when I get home to examine it, devastated :cry:. I know it doesn't mean I'm out but its looking that way x

Sorry you've not ovulated chloe, hope you do soon. And to you daydream!

Butterfly sorry AF got you :hugs:. But have you tested to make sure? Just with your AF only lasting 2days? x

I haven't tested since 9dpo which was a BFN of course. I'm too scared to get another BFN. :nope:
Is it possible to have AF for 2 days then get a BFP?
I guess anything is possible when TTC... maybe I'll test tomorrow with FMU to be sure.

Looks like my spotting has started, though need to check cervix when I get home to examine it, devastated :cry:. I know it doesn't mean I'm out but its looking that way x

You're not out until the witch comes! x

:dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"