Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

My B complex hasn't seemed to help much with spotting, although i have only been taking 50mg. I got my crosshairs on FF today, at CD38 (so late!). We BD on CD37 and CD34, so I hope that is enough! Should have on CD38 too but I was going for every other day, and then the next day my temp had spiked, and i was spotting, so I figured it was too late. What do you think? Tonight i will start my first of 10 days of progesterone pills to try to help keep my lining in tact, as i'm an earlier spotter than most on this thread.

Just a quick update; after 3.5 days of spotting, yesterday afternoon it stopped, and I haven't had any this morning. AF was due yesterday, so I took a HPT, with a bfn result. This morning, still no AF, so I took another HPT. Also a bfn....CD30 today. Though I would love to think that maybe there's a chance that I'm not out this cycle of ttc, I have lots of twinges that suggest that AF is right around the corner.

expatttc - fingers crossed that those twinges are from a little bean in there!

afm: I'm 6dpo. Have had the worst backache and sciatica since about 3dpo. Today it's a little better, but just feeling twinges and mild cramping in low abdomen. Usually I don't have any of that until 8dpo. So I'm cautiously optimistic. My temp shot up this morning but I also took it about a hour late. So we'll see how it is tomorrow morning when I take it at the normal time. I'll be testing in exactly one week, so I have to try and not drive myself crazy this week! Fingers crossed for no spotting.

Daydream, good luck with this! :flower: I'm also getting cramping around my back and twinges. Hard to figure out what is going on. I wish that I was temping to know that as well, but DH really doesn't want to wake up to me with a thermometer every morning. Maybe I can do it during the day if I am just sitting and writing in the am anyway?

Daydream, good luck with this! :flower: I'm also getting cramping around my back and twinges. Hard to figure out what is going on. I wish that I was temping to know that as well, but DH really doesn't want to wake up to me with a thermometer every morning. Maybe I can do it during the day if I am just sitting and writing in the am anyway?

hahah yeah well my alarm goes off before DH gets up in the morning, so I'm sure it's just more beeping that he doesn't really notice. It's definitely something you have to get in the habit of, because some mornings at the beginning I would just autopilot, get up and go pee, and then realize that it was too late. haha.

It has to be your temp right when you wake up, before you get out of bed or anything. Now it's just second nature, plus it makes me feel like I understand my cycle so much better.

It has to be your temp right when you wake up, before you get out of bed or anything. Now it's just second nature, plus it makes me feel like I understand my cycle so much better.

Hmmm...will have to wait then, or maybe try to find a thermometer that doesn't beep when it registers?

Expat - I'm not sure they'd exist as you need to keep it in your mouth until it's finished reading so you wouldnt know it had finished if it didn't beep? Temping is the devil anyway, I hate it & it gets your hopes up, so no more of that for me!

Chloe - CD 37 sounds like it's good enough! Good luck hun and let us know how you get on with the progesterone. I've emailed my FS today to ask if I can have another progesterone test this month to put my mind at rest, as the last one shows I didn't ovulate.

Daydream - it's sounding good for you! :thumbup:

Does anyone have pretty light periods? I'm on CD 3 & just using a panty liner, I probably could've got away with a liner yesterday too. Yet the sonographer said I had great lining so you'd think I'd have a heavier period?! :shrug: I've mentioned it in my email to the FS anyway, will see what he's got to say :coffee: x
x

MrsPTTC - My periods are usually heavy the first day, medium, and then spotting. All done within about 3 days. That is a good observation though about the lining; I'm curious about what the FS says!

AFM: I just got a call from the OB, and SA #2 came back completely normal. They already sent the clomid RX to our pharmacy. So if this isn't our month, then I'll be able to start clomid for next month. Eeeee. I'm pretty happy. Such a relief.

I don't have the numbers, but I'm going to request a copy later this week. Normal is enough info for now :)

Hi all, sorry I'm a bit out of the loop but couldn't read and not reply to the periods Q. Mine are lighter than they used to be (used to be 7 days with a good 4or 5 day proper bleed then tailing off).
Now they are 2-3 days, heavy-idh on day one then pretty light. I have confirmed thin lining problems though, can't even get 7mm even with all the meds from IVF.

MrsPttc - If you're worried just ask what your lining was from your clomid monitoring (call the secretary maybe to check your file?). The nhs look for anything over 5mm but on a non-ivf cycle there is no minimum as such....people get pg with 4mm linings but it's rare. For ivf 8mm+ is needed for implantation.

Mrs P - I'm sure it must vary with every individual. My Clomid periods tend to be really heavy on day 1, medium day 2, spotting day 3 then gone! And when I was monitored twice they were happy with my linings.

Good to hear from you Nell :) but sorry things are still not working out for you.

As for me, 8dpo today and have been having very scant, beige CM/spotting since 5dpo. But unusually for me, it hasn't (sorry for the TMI) got any heavier or darker in colour yet. It's definitely my best cycle yet in terms of spotting, but at the moment I'm focussing all my energies in not getting excited as that'll be worse than the usual feelings of despair I get every cd1 (or earlier, depending when the spotting ramps up!).

My temps have been pretty high this cycle too - it went down yesterday but was back up today. I've had that happen before though and no BFP!!

Not only will AF coming this cycle fill me with the usual despair it always does, but just to add a bit of extra blackness to my cloud, my HSG is booked for next week! SIGH. x

As for me, 8dpo today and have been having very scant, beige CM/spotting since 5dpo. But unusually for me, it hasn't (sorry for the TMI) got any heavier or darker in colour yet. It's definitely my best cycle yet in terms of spotting, but at the moment I'm focussing all my energies in not getting excited as that'll be worse than the usual feelings of despair I get every cd1 (or earlier, depending when the spotting ramps up!).

My temps have been pretty high this cycle too - it went down yesterday but was back up today. I've had that happen before though and no BFP!!

Not only will AF coming this cycle fill me with the usual despair it always does, but just to add a bit of extra blackness to my cloud, my HSG is booked for next week! SIGH. x

I'm 8dpo too! When are you planning on testing? I'm trying to hold out until Sunday, but will probably bust out the tests a couple days earlier. I'm glad to hear your spotting isn't too bad! Mine usually starts at 8dpo, so we'll see what today has in store for me.

Daydream that’s great news about your DH SA! :thumbup: And yes Clomid is very exciting! Especially the first month!

Nell – welcome back hun, I’ve missed you :hugs:. I will ask my FS about the lining thickness, though I’m sure it’s fine with all the positive comments from the sonographer! I can’t imagine they call everyone’s lining beautiful lol!

Thanks MrsHY – can’t believe you only have a 3 day period, you are so lucky! I’m so pleased you’re having a good spotting month hun, Don’t worry about your HSG! You’ll be fine. I worried myself sick but it was nothing! :hugs:

AFM - I've had a reply to my email I sent to the FS...

"I think we need to meet in clinic to discuss some of your concerns. We will make you an appointment towards the end of this month." Woop woop! :dance: Do you think perhaps he's listening to me finally? Still no offer of a progesterone test but surely he would've just told me to stop worrying if he thought it was normal :shrug: x

LOL - when will I ever learn - posting anything on here hinting at some kind of hope = big fat recipe for disaster!
This morning at 9dpo I had more, darker spotting and my temp had dropped so think I'm out - BOO.
Oh well, onto the next cycle! :-( xx

Hi Girls,
I had a crazy (for me, at least) temp spike this morning. Jumped from 97.0 yesterday to 98.3 today. I plugged this into FF and it still didn't change my O time. my coverline is 97.2. Does anyone know if this is a good sign? Supposedly i am 8dpo, and I only spotted at 1 and 2 DPO, which is unusual for me, assuming I have actually ovulated. I'm kinda freaking out now because I dont know what all of this means!

Nell, welcome back. I'm sorry your lining isn't what it needs to be :(

MrsPTTC, good luck at the doc! Its good to see progress!

Hi Girls,
I had a crazy (for me, at least) temp spike this morning. Jumped from 97.0 yesterday to 98.3 today. I plugged this into FF and it still didn't change my O time. my coverline is 97.2. Does anyone know if this is a good sign? Supposedly i am 8dpo, and I only spotted at 1 and 2 DPO, which is unusual for me, assuming I have actually ovulated. I'm kinda freaking out now because I dont know what all of this means!

Nell, welcome back. I'm sorry your lining isn't what it needs to be :(

MrsPTTC, good luck at the doc! Its good to see progress!

That sounds like it could be promising! Fingers crossed for you!

I made it through 8dpo with no spotting, which I count as a major success! Now today I'll still be checking all day to make sure.

I tested this morning, BFN of course. I'm only 9dpo, not sure what I was thinking testing that early, but what can I say? I'm an addict :)

MrsHY - So sorry to hear about your spotting :( I'm hoping I'm not jinxing myself too! I didn't post anything at all yesterday for that very reason, lol.

Hi ladies, AF got me yesterday am, which means that I had the longest cycle that I have charted yet, at 31 days. The only thing I changed was by taking a b-complex vitamin for the entire cycle, so perhaps that's why the added few days? My spotting started at cd26, which was 11-12 dpo, so I suppose that's a good thing?

:hugs: Mrshy

Sounds promising chloe! :thumbup:

Sorry about the bfn daydream, but its far too early. Good news about the spotting!

So sorry about AF expat :hugs:. But fab news about the spotting, I might give the B vits a whirl!

X

So sorry about AF expat :hugs:. But fab news about the spotting, I might give the B vits a whirl!

X

I take a B complex vitamin, partly to help with the spotting and also because I'm a vegetarian, so B vitamins are hard to come by without eating meat.

Any other spotters happen to be vegetarians? When I first met with an acupuncturist, he said that was likely the cause of the shorter LP and spotting. He didn't say why though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->