Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi ladies, AF got me yesterday am, which means that I had the longest cycle that I have charted yet, at 31 days. The only thing I changed was by taking a b-complex vitamin for the entire cycle, so perhaps that's why the added few days? My spotting started at cd26, which was 11-12 dpo, so I suppose that's a good thing?

:hugs: Sorry that AF got you! Horrible :witch:

So glad to hear about a longer LP! 11-12 dpo sounds really good! I'm lucky if my LP lasts a full 12 days, usually my spotting starts at 8 dpo.

Thanks Daydream, that's good to hear :) Little light on the edge of this cloud!

And I'm having problems posting! My spotting was starting at 8dpo, until this b-complex...but this is the first month taking it, so it's hard to know if that's the reason....

Well woke up this morning at 10dpo to a BFN and spotting. Joy! :( Trying to keep my head up. This doesn't mean I'm out, and my temp is rising, something my chart hasn't really done before. Hoping it's still a good sign.

Your chart looks good Daydream! Despite the spotting :hugs:

I'm on my last clomid tablet tonight, not sure what to do this month. Take B-complex, go back on the Maca, stop using my softcups? - I'm defo not temping or stopping my OPK's that's for sure! I just feel like I need to do something different. The more I think about my TTC journey, I think there's something else up. I was hopeful when my progesterone test came back no ovulation that that was the reason no BFP. But I really think I have ovulated, maybe not every month & maybe not from my left where the cyst is, but I don't think Clomid is gonna be the miracle cure I was expecting. I know it's still early days on the Clomid and not to get too disheartened that it didn't work first cycle, but I'm sure whatever is causing the spotting is stopping me getting pg. And like I told the FS in my email, the month I get pg, if I am spotting I am gonna be so concerned of miscarriage! :cry:. Oh dear, feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight! DH has been away for 2 nights and is back tonight, so looking forward to him coming home! :xmas12:.

BTW have you noticed the Christmas smilies? Loving :xmas1: :xmas6: :xmas8: :xmas10: x

MrsPTTC - Those Christmas smilies are SO CUTE! :xmas4:
Not sure about the supplements for this month. I thought I had read not to mix herbs with Clomid, so I would vote for no on the maca. As for the B vitamins, just googling appears those two can be taken together (https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/712507-clomid-vitamin-b6-same-cycle.html ). Good to know for my next cycle too.

Thanks for the link Daydream. Maca isn't a herb though, it's a food found in Peru, you can put it in smoothies but I've heard it tastes vile so I was getting the capsules (which DH still takes as it's supposed to help the :spermy:.) You know I think I'm gonna try the B-complex, off to Holland & Barrett I go! x

Yesterday I didn't spot the rest of the day, so it looked like it was just first thing in the morning. Got my hopes up. Again. Bah I should know better.

This morning, heavier spotting, which could lead to AF today or tomorrow. Temp dropped back down a bit. Feeling out. Oh well, there's always next month.

Sorry daydream :hugs:.

I bought my b-complex today, got to be worth a try! x

No AF yet. I've been playing with my chart though because I think it wasn't right on the day I ov'ed. So I changed the method to research. According to that I'm 13dpo right now.

I *think* I saw what would have been AF starting this morning. But I've been thinking that all weekend. So we'll see. I made an appointment with our RE for Dec. 15th. And I have my clomid that my OB prescribed. So we're all set..

Until then, I wait.

How are you guys doing?

Anyone heard from Islandgirl? I hope that little one was sticky and she's off enjoying her 1st trimester!

Hi Daydream!
How are you - has AF stayed away?
No not heard from Islandgrl but hoping that's a good sign!
Am very nervous today - have my HSG this afternoon. Really not looking forward to it but am taking a cocktail of painkillers OH got prescribed in hospital when he had appendicitis, so I'm hoping that'll help! Just wish I could be knocked out really. Or maybe just really drunk?!?
x

Hi ladies,

Yay for your appointment daydream! Sorry no AF but BFN's but perhaps a BFP is shy!

Mrshy, hope your HSG went ok! I forgot to take paracetamol like they said & I was fine.

I've got my FS appointment through to discuss the spotting, its next tuesdsy. I've started b complex but its making my pee yellow, same as pregnacare used to do until I switched to boots prenatals :dohh: x

MrsHY - How did you go? Hope you were one of the lucky ones and it was clear and painless.

MrsPttc - I am really impressed by your nhs care, I'll be keen to hear what they suggest. Are you sticking with the clomid at 50mg for now?

AFM - nothing to report, just awaiting AF. sigh. I'm going back to see the gynae who did my hysteroscopy earlier this year, now we know i have a thin lining problem I want to see if she can shed any light on what i'm meant to do to fix it.

MrsHY - Good luck! I've never had one before, but I hope it was painless!

MrsPTTC - Yay I'm glad you got your follow up appointment! I'm curious to hear what they say! My B complex also makes my pee yellow. It's because it's a water soluble vitamin, so any excess is excreted through the urine.

AFM: Just some light spotting yesterday after all, no AF. I took a FRER last night, BFN. My temp dropped a lot this morning, so I'm thinking that AF will probably come today. This is the longest LP I've had though. I think it may be related to the fact that I started occasionally eating fish this month. I've been a vegetarian for years, but after getting feedback from my acupuncturist that he though my LP was short because I didn't eat meat, I decided to give fish a try.

Hi girls
Well, I wouldn't exactly say it was painless, but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought - the worst part was the speculum action and the dildo-cam wielding, which is always rather painful in my case due to my retroverted uterus. I never even felt the catheter go in and while the dye was being injected I had some period-like cramps but nothing I couldn't cope with.

The good news is the right tube is perfectly fine! The bad news is that the Consultant couldn't say for sure that the left tube is clear because thanks to my uterus he couldn't get a good view - but he said there's no reason to expect otherwise.

At the end of the HSG the consultant and I had a great chat and he sent me away with a prescription for three more rounds of Clomid. I have two rounds upstairs in my bedroom drawer from my private prescription, so I'm quite tempted to up the ante and increase my own dose to 150mg - but if I do that I think I'll invest in a follie scan to check I'm not producing zillions of eggs! I'd quite like to produce more than one though - to give DH a better target! He also said I can go back whenever I'm ready for my NHS-funded cycle of IVF. Which was scary but reassuring.

Daydream - sorry to hear about the temp drop but good news about the long LP!

Nell - I hope your gynae has some insights/a treatment plan for the thin lining so you can move forwards with another IVF round if that's what you choose to do.

MrsP - Let us know what your consultant says! We can hopefully all benefit :)

x

Thanks Nell, yes as I ovulated fine on 50mg I just need to stick with that. Sorry to hear about your thin lining, but I'm sure there are meds they can give you for that so hopefully you'll have an action plan!

Daydream, I hope AF doesn't show up for you. Strange about the fish!

Mrshy, thank god your HSG wasn't painful. So are they not gonna do any further tests to check your left tube? If you're going to up your clomid dose I would definitely get follicle tracking or you could end up with quints never mind twins! :wacko:. Yay that they agreed to IVF but I agree its a scary prospect. Have they not considered IUI?

I will definitely update you ladies, but I have a feeling he might just have asked to see me to put my mind at rest! FX'd he has a suggestion/solution x

MrsHY, a quick intimate question - can you tell you have a tipped uterus when you feel your cervix? I've been wondering about that, but where I am based, I can't have someone who can give me a clear answer about how to tell...

Hi ladies!

Sorry I have been absent. I've been reading your updates but I'm a bit of a nervous nelly at the moment so am trying to stay low. Things are progressing fine as far as I can tell. Numbers were good and no more spotting.....take that doc. Symptoms are getting stronger but still come and go. I don't have an ultrasound until December which seems so far away but I'm trying to keep positive :thumbup:

Glad the HSG went well MrsHY. Nell sorry about the lining problems, hope they can sort that out for you. Good luck with the clomid MrsPttc. I'm rooting for all of you ladies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->