Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Great news Islandgrl! Roll on December to put your mind at rest! Good to hear from you? :hugs: x

MrsHY glad to hear that it wasn't too painful and that you got an all clear on at least the right side! Hope you hear more on about that left side. Sounds like next cycle will be a popular clomid cycle! Here's hoping it goes well!!

AFM: AF came last night. Glad to finally know for sure. I ended up with five long days of spotting. Torture! I start with the clomid tomorrow. What time of the day do you take it? Morning or evening? I'm thinking I'll take it with my 9pm pill alarm.

MrsHY, a quick intimate question - can you tell you have a tipped uterus when you feel your cervix? I've been wondering about that, but where I am based, I can't have someone who can give me a clear answer about how to tell...

Hi expatttc
Truth is - I'm not sure as I've never been much of a cervix checker! My hunch is that no - you can't tell until you put the camera up there and have a look - as no-one has commented on it until the dildo cam has been used.

Oh and MrsP - yes IUI was mentioned but the consultant said it's not much greater odds than sex - and given each IUI would cost in the region of £400 I'd rather save my money and use it on funded cycles of IVF if we have to go that route.
x

Thanks MrsHY - will just wait till I can have someone to tell me if it's tipped or not, and keep bding in a few different ways just in case!
daydream, sorry that AF got you this round...I hate that wait - torture as you say - but fingers crossed for this next stint!!
I'm not temping, but am checking cm and cp every day, and will be using opks from CD10 to make sure not to miss anything. CD10's tomorrow; is it bad that I'm looking forward to testing for at least something again?
Islandgirl, glad that things are good and hope you're relaxing :)
BTW - B complex does turn my pee more yellow too, to the extent that I can't rely on colour to know if the pee's dark enough to test in the afternoon/evening...

Well, I was hoping I'd have a positive test to parade around on Thanksgiving.
But I just started light brown spotting today at 12DPO.
That's always a dead giveaway for me to prepare for AF in the next day or two.
:(
On to Cycle #7...

Hi ladies

Daydream - Sorry AF got you but yay for starting the Clomid! :happydance: I take it last thing at night before bed, I've heard that it's less likely to cause hot flashes, though I thought it would be the other way around!

I see MrsHY, so they wouldnt fund the IUI at all but they've said they would 1 cycle of IVF?

Expatttc - you're doing the same as me - OPK's CP CM but no temping. As for not being able to tell if your pee is concentrated enough, to be honest I don't really check much, I just hold my pee for about 3-4 hours if I can, but I've found OPK's seem to work no matter how dilute my pee (within reason of course.)

Sorry your spotting has started pinkchucks, but 12dpo is pretty good going! :hugs:

x

Guys, have a look at the BFP announcements, can't belive i've done it after so long. Just so you know, the spotting started on cue as per every month, but got less after 3 days (although i still have it slightly even now). This time though it didn't turn into the dark stringy stuff, just stayed a pale brown colour. I definitely think the royal jelly capsules worked, it's only my second month of taking them. Baby dust to all x

Guys, have a look at the BFP announcements, can't belive i've done it after so long. Just so you know, the spotting started on cue as per every month, but got less after 3 days (although i still have it slightly even now). This time though it didn't turn into the dark stringy stuff, just stayed a pale brown colour. I definitely think the royal jelly capsules worked, it's only my second month of taking them. Baby dust to all x

Congratulations! And thanks for the additional details on your symptoms! It's good to know that once the spotting starts, we're not out just yet!

star31, thanks for the good news! I'll see if I can find the capsules... Are we only supposed to start taking them after seeing a doctor, or can we jump right in?

Congratulations star! :happydance: So happy for you, I've seen your BFP announcement & you've been trying 20 months! Brill news x

I replied on your BFP announcement but MASSIVE congrats from me too!
Can I have some of your luck please? Am on cd12 today and I've got brown spotting - last time this happened my cycle was a whopping 50 days - I think my spotting was a mini anovulatory cycle and then it restarted again. Part of me hopes it's just leftover goo from the HSG I had last Tuesday but I don't know... definitely not ovulation bleeding - have had no ewcm and no smiley face yet. Temp still down too. Poo!

:hugs: Mrshy.

AFM I've had enough, just had my FS appt & what a bloody waste of time. It was as I hoped it wouldn't be, it was just to put my mind at rest, everything is FINE!! He still maintains spotting is normal, periods are fine (lighter AF's indicate ovulation apparently!) & the cyst is fine, less than 2 inches is good :shrug:. He still maintains LP defect is a nonsense, I'm reading to much/speaking to the wrong people, using OPKs are a waste if time blah blah blah. I'm so upset, obviously I'm glad there's nothing to worry about but could he not just have emailed me to put my mind at rest rather than dragging me down there?! I'm furious :growlmad: & so upset, I've just had a good cry :cry:. Think I might delete my bnb favourite from my mobile & just go on on the laptop so I'a couple of times a week so I'm not SS all the time & getting myself worried about what's happening with other people xx Oh & he reckoned a 11/12 day LP is NOT normal but I had a 14 day LP last month even though I say 12, but who am I to argue with him! But good news that IVF is free in our area if under 40, though it shouldn't come to that. Sorry about the rant :flower: xx

:hugs: Mrshy.

AFM I've had enough, just had my FS appt & what a bloody waste of time. It was as I hoped it wouldn't be, it was just to put my mind at rest, everything is FINE!! He still maintains spotting is normal, periods are fine (lighter AF's indicate ovulation apparently!) & the cyst is fine, less than 2 inches is good :shrug:. He still maintains LP defect is a nonsense, I'm reading to much/speaking to the wrong people, using OPKs are a waste if time blah blah blah. I'm so upset, obviously I'm glad there's nothing to worry about but could he not just have emailed me to put my mind at rest rather than dragging me down there?! I'm furious :growlmad: & so upset, I've just had a good cry :cry:. Think I might delete my bnb favourite from my mobile & just go on on the laptop so only on a couple of times a week so I'm not SS all the time & getting myself worried about what's happening with other people xx

Oh & he reckoned a 11/12 day LP is NOT normal but I had a 14 day LP last month even though I say 12, but who am I to argue with him! But good news that IVF is free in our area if under 40, though it shouldn't come to that. Sorry about the rant :flower: xx

Congratulations Star that's lovely news :)

MrsHy - My O was delayed a little after my HSG, so yours might be too?

MrsPttc - Grrr for you at your appointment. I hate the way NHS consultants think they have the finite answer on all things medical.....when in fact they typically just have the NHS answer, not quite the same thing. My GP couldn't get her head around me not having a 14day LP, told me it wasn't possible and said I must be confusing a +OPK with O day (I wasn't ). Re the cyst, yes NHS don't worry about a cyst until it's 5cm plus and really you dont want it operating on and messing with your ovaries if there's a chance it will go on it's own - will they monitor it for you though?
So what happens next for you after the 3 rounds of clomid? will they give you more?

Hi Nell, what I thought was amusing was whilst I was waiting I looked through a fertility magazine which promoted temping, OPKs, CBFM, conceive plus, accupuncture. Yet he doesn't believe any of it! :rofl:. Yeah I don't want a lap to get rid of the cyst unless absolutely necessary just wanted confirmation it won't stop me ovulating from that ovary as I often get pain there, though didn't last month when I ovulated from the right :shrug: funny coincidence don't you think?

I did however give him food for thought when I gave him my perspective on using OPKs though he was probably taking the pee. I told him of course I know you shouldn't wait til a positive opk before you BD (he must think I'm really thick if he thinks that's what I was doing) but say DH & I can't be bothered or have a fight, at least if we know ovulation is coming we can make the effort to BD!

I've got another 4 months on clomid after this cycle, then if no BFP have to go back. He said unless my cycles are extra short or extra long or spotting starts straight after ovulation or gets heavy then I don't need any more follicle scans.

I'm really tempted to try accupuncture after xmas, the article in the magazine said it can increase chances by up to 70%. But I didn't dare suggest it to the FS!! x

Congrats, Star! Great news!

MrsPTTC, i'm sorry that your appointment wasn't better. Doctors can be so frustrating sometimes!

AFM, my cycle was all messed up. I thought I had O'd, but then my temp dropped again, but at no point did i start spotting. Then on CD 50, i had a little spotting, but wasn't sure if that was AF, or the start of my 2 weeks of spotting before AF, so i took my progesterone so I wouldn't get AF and just put a call in to my doc today so i can get some Clomid and hopefully start that on Dec 4. although i must admit, i was terrified calling the doctor. I really want a child, but getting fertility drugs makes it so much more real, and then there is the whole risk of twins. kinda freaked me out a little, but at the same time, i am excited. Hopefully my doc will call me back and actually give me Clomid like she said she would back in Sept when i got my progesterone. Oh, and of course i had several BFN's throughout this process. blah.

i'm pretty sure anyone can take them, maybe just google it to make sure! x

Thanks Chloe! Sorry to hear about your screwy cycle :hugs:. I'm feeling better about things now I've calmed down, though I still think I spend far too much time on BnB so will have to cut down! :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->