Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Congrats Star!:happydance:

AFM
AF showed this morning. Only good thing is this cycle I didn't start spotting until 12dpo and AF showed a day late so that gave me a 14 day LP! :happydance: That's NEVER happened! I'm soooo excited.

I'm really bummed and frustrated today about AF showing but I'm trying to look forward to this next cycle. I get to test Dec 31st. It would be a great way to bring in the new year!! And maybe I could tell my DH right before I give him a kiss for the new year! Fx!!

Great news about your spotting Butterfly!! :happydance: but sorry AF got you :hugs: x

:hi:

So pleased to have found this thread. Dh and I have been NTNP but am TTC as of Jan.

My issue is I've stopped taking the pill since having Lo last year and my periods are all over the place with worsening spotting each cycle.

Started being a couple of days a week before AF arrives but now I can get quite heavy spotting when I wipe maybe on cd14 for 4-5 days then again around cd 40 for a few days then couple of days before AF arrives (cd have been between 26 and 92 days)

I'm starting to find it upsetting as I don't know what's causing it. Been to docs about irregular cycles and had massive bloodworks done to all come back fine.

Should I go back to the doctors or preserver? I've started temping two cycles ago as I'm not convinced I ovulate either.

:blush: sorry for my long introduction

Hi girls!

Doc put me on Clomid, so I start in 3 days! Woo hoo! I was wondering if anyone else on here has seen their spotting go away once they went on Clomid? Or if you have seen your cycles shorten with clomid? I am scared my spotting will start again and I won't be able to get that sticky bean...

Welcome Jelly! I too have very strange cycles that are much longer than average (my last was 50+ days, so i just said screw it and took progesterone from CD50-CD60 so I could get AF and start my Clomid). My bloods all came back fine as well, with Progesterone on the lower side of acceptable. My doctor gave me Clomid, and I have been TTC for 7 months now (after 10 years on the pill), although those 7 months only had about 4 cycles in them. It might be worth a trip back to the doc, or you could try some supplements first. Some on here have tried Angus Chasteberry (Vitex), B-complex with B6, and Maca, but most of that was to try to help with spotting. I hear Vitex is supposed to regulate your hormones, but I didn't have much luck with any of it. Soy Isoflavones are also supposed to act like Clomid, so you could do some research on that, but I chickened out and decided not to take it. Good luck!

Hi jellycat, welcome :flower:. Your cycle lengths certainly don't sound normal so I'd say try the docs again.

Chloe my first clomid cycle where I know I definitely ovulated I still had spotting around 9dpo. My cycles were 34 but have been getting a day or 2 shorter anyway, not sure if its my moonstone :shrug: but last cycle I had a 30 day cycle! I've ovulated even earlier this month so I'm hoping for 28 or 29 this month! x

Spotting has started, I'm approx 8DPO so I've had worse, but pee'd off! :growlmad: :grr: :gun: <- :rofl: x

Thanks, its been fine, still got moodswings on & off but that's the only side effect really. Oh & the reduction in ewcm. I have pretty sore bbs at the minute but I've heard its a side effect too so I'm not thinking its a BFP symptom! x

Awww sorry to hear about the spotting MrsPTTC - however, mine started at 8dpo and look what happened to me...!

Hi ladies - I just thought that I would pop over and let you know that, despite spotting this cycle from 8dpo, I got my bfp yesterday at 10dpo :happydance:

I am not a regular on here but have been on here on and off and I do stalk this journal to see how others are getting on.

I just thought that you would like to know that what MrsPTTC's doctor told her is true (even if he was an a***hole!) - spotting during the 2W doesn't necessaily mean no bfp! I have had spotting since coming off the pill a year ago and have managed to get pregnant three times now do it is possible.

I'm just hoping that this one sticks and holds on for a good nine months!

Thanks for letting us all know hun! It gives everyone a bit of hope!!

Here's to a super sticky one this time!! :hugs: I'm so happy for you xx

Congrats Struth :) praying this is a sticky one for you.

Can I ask, what dpo do you usually start spotting?

Congrats struth! Am really hoping this one sticks for you- I have stalked you a bit as I occasionally pop into the vit B thread!
MrsPTTC - boo to the spotting but the more stories I read about women who spot who get BFPs, the more I think we shouldn't get down in the dumps until AF shows her full and ugly face!
Hi Nell - how are you doing?
AFM - well, despite coming on here to rant and rave that I was spotting at cd13 and that the last time that happened I had a 50 day cycle, the spotting stopped cd17 and the EWCM began! And lo and behold I got a smiley OPK yesterday. This is the second natural cycle (i.e. no Clomid that I've had a nearly normal cycle - e.g. O earlier than cd25+!). I BD on Monday night - then last night was DH's Christmas party so when he crawled in stinking of booze at 1am the last thing I felt like was more BD! We will also BD tonight. Realise that missing last night may rule me out but am just hoping I sent in enough soldiers on Monday :- )
Temps are weird - they shot up yesterday and it normally takes 2-3 days after the +OPK to see that happen - but I also have a sore throat so I think I'm fighting an infection! So from charting I'll never be able to figure out my LP this month. Of course, I'm kind of hoping for a 9 month LP! x

Congratulations Struth!

MrsHY - Yay for a smiley OPK!

AFM: I also got mine yesterday. My temp this morning was up .2, but that seems a bit early, so I'm going to take another OPK test tonight to see if it's still positive or if I really just caught the tail end of my surge. We BDed last night, and we'll do so again tonight to be sure.

Congrats Struth :) praying this is a sticky one for you.

Can I ask, what dpo do you usually start spotting?

It is usually about 7 or 8dpo but last cycle it was 5dpo....I think that it was earlier because it was my first AF since my mcs. Also if I check my cervix (rather than let it land on undies or tissue!) then it is a couple of days earlier i.e. it is there but takes a while to come down.

This cycle was 8dpo - I thought I was out as it seemed heavier than usual but it slowed down as the day went on and, while it is still there, it is brown and light. I just hope it stops over the next day or two.

Yay for smiles Mrshy & daydream! Get to bed! :sex: Mrshy its definitely not too late! My FS says you need the :spermy: up there before you get a positive opk so if he's right then you're fine! x

Hi all, can I ask re the smiley OPK's do you usually get 1 or several days of 'smiles'?!

First time using that sort for me and it's given me a smiley this afternoon. I know it says you can't read the 2 lines on the stick but mine is pretty faint?
Can't decide if it's a real positive.....yes i don't trust the smile :haha:

Just trying to figure when to BD, we BD'd last night and so it's between tonight or tomorrow.....sorry to sound so lame l but I don't want to do both as i'm really not feeling into it anymore as we've been pretty busy dtd up to now :blush:
Can't decide on whether to leave it until tomorrow, so a nice 48hrs rest for the swimmers from last night or if that's risky to miss the egg. On other OPK's I know I usually O sometimes the following day (and not 24-48hrs like it says)

I guess what i'm asking is, is it likely i'll get another smile and a stronger smile tomorrow aft or do they not work like that?

Hi all, can I ask re the smiley OPK's do you usually get 1 or several days of 'smiles'?!

First time using that sort for me and it's given me a smiley this afternoon. I know it says you can't read the 2 lines on the stick but mine is pretty faint?
Can't decide if it's a real positive.....yes i don't trust the smile :haha:

Just trying to figure when to BD, we BD'd last night and so it's between tonight or tomorrow.....sorry to sound so lame l but I don't want to do both as i'm really not feeling into it anymore as we've been pretty busy dtd up to now :blush:
Can't decide on whether to leave it until tomorrow, so a nice 48hrs rest for the swimmers from last night or if that's risky to miss the egg. On other OPK's I know I usually O sometimes the following day (and not 24-48hrs like it says)

I guess what i'm asking is, is it likely i'll get another smile and a stronger smile tomorrow aft or do they not work like that?

I'm actually in a similar situation. I think I caught the very early part of my surge with my + test on Tuesday because last night my test was MUCH darker, so it was clearly the strongest part of the surge. My temp didn't go up this morning, so I'm guessing that I'm going to ovulate today. That's pretty consistent, as I usually don't get CH on FF until the next day after my first + OPK.

I say just follow what you've experienced in the past. Though I would try to make sure you get at least one BD in earlier just in case. Sperm can wait up in the Fallopian tubes, but if you miss the egg, you miss it..
GL!

Hi Nell, i use both IC's & CB digi & the lines on the digi are never that dark. If i use an IC & I'm not 100% that its positive I use a digi & quite often the digi shows a smiley even though the lines aren't the darkest on the IC! I trust the digi, I think it gives me a head start. If I get a smiley on a digi on an evening I tend to get a smiley the next day too. I say :sex: x

i read your replies and thought 'urgh BD tonight then' LOL.

I find i've had enough by the time O comes around!

The ideal compromise between timing and energy would be tomorrow am, but DH leaves before 6am and i'm not keen enough to want to set an alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->