Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi Nell, i use both IC's & CB digi & the lines on the digi are never that dark. If i use an IC & I'm not 100% that its positive I use a digi & quite often the digi shows a smiley even though the lines aren't the darkest on the IC! I trust the digi, I think it gives me a head start. If I get a smiley on a digi on an evening I tend to get a smiley the next day too. I say :sex: x

Totally agree. I actually posted pictures in my blog (the link is in my signature). The first Smiley I got was really on the fence about it being positive on the IC, but the + IC I got last night was very clear.

Congratulations Struth! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. I know what you have been through and pray this is it!

AFM- I'm doing ok. Had a scan and all looks well so I'm relieved and happy. I still have my moments but trying to stay positive. I check in here every now and then and pray you all get a bpf soon!

Congratulations Struth! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. I know what you have been through and pray this is it!

AFM- I'm doing ok. Had a scan and all looks well so I'm relieved and happy. I still have my moments but trying to stay positive. I check in here every now and then and pray you all get a bpf soon!

Thanks honey - that means a lot :hugs:

Glad to hear that your scan went well! Take care of you x

Islandgrl hi hun, glad everything ok :hugs:. Are you still spotting? x

Hi all, can I ask re the smiley OPK's do you usually get 1 or several days of 'smiles'?!

First time using that sort for me and it's given me a smiley this afternoon. I know it says you can't read the 2 lines on the stick but mine is pretty faint?
Can't decide if it's a real positive.....yes i don't trust the smile :haha:

Just trying to figure when to BD, we BD'd last night and so it's between tonight or tomorrow.....sorry to sound so lame l but I don't want to do both as i'm really not feeling into it anymore as we've been pretty busy dtd up to now :blush:
Can't decide on whether to leave it until tomorrow, so a nice 48hrs rest for the swimmers from last night or if that's risky to miss the egg. On other OPK's I know I usually O sometimes the following day (and not 24-48hrs like it says)

I guess what i'm asking is, is it likely i'll get another smile and a stronger smile tomorrow aft or do they not work like that?

Hi Nell, I know exactly how you feel about the BD thing! I'm like... really? AGAIN? And particularly at the moment with Christmas parties and the like... it's tiring!
My lines really vary - I always look at the line now since I had that false positive at cd12 - I've had a false positive since and when I looked at the test stick I think there was too much pee/it had got into the test somehow because the ink was all blurred through the whole window - which the digi had interpreted as positive and had given me a smiley.
Because I'm a tight-wad, once I get the smiley (and the line looks reasonably good) I don't bother testing again so I couldn't really tell you how long the surge lasts.
What tends to happen is that I see some EWCM or something vaguely resembling it 2-4 days before I get the smiley, so I try to get some BD in during that period and then around the time of the smiley - until I see the sustained temp rise and give ourselves a break!
I too fretted this cycle because DH's Christmas party was the night I actually got the smiley, but we DTD Mon night and Weds night so I kind of think that should be enough if it's going to happen - given DH's sperm is normal.

x

So glad to hear everything is going well! Congratulations x

So my spotting seems to be subsiding today, its barely noticeable, hope its a good sign! Bfn this morning again though x

i read your replies and thought 'urgh BD tonight then' LOL.

I find i've had enough by the time O comes around!

The ideal compromise between timing and energy would be tomorrow am, but DH leaves before 6am and i'm not keen enough to want to set an alarm.

Hope you catch that egg hun! We only ever BD in the morning if its the weekend as I get up much earlier than DH & also I CBA! x

Thanks ladies, it appears to be GONE! :shrug: But I have had it once or twice before where it goes for a day or two then :witch: arrives, but its certainly been a while! x

:bfn: this morning on an IC & superdrug early test (what a waste :dohh:.) Just had an argument with DH, I wasnt being very nice to him & said he was un-supportive as I was upset by the BFN, & he said he is just as upset as me, he just doesn't show it & I never stop to think how he's feeling. Just had a cry but can't let it all out as I've got a friend here who stopped over last night. I feel so sad & need to pick myself up. I know you'll probably say I'm not out yet but I think BFN at 12-13 dpo likely means I'm out :cry: x

Not necessarily I had friends who tested every couple of days for a week starting at 10dpo and didn't show on a test until 16dpo.

I had the faintest line at 14dpo that you could almost miss it.

Try not to get upset :hugs:

I agree with Jellycat! I, like you, would probably think I was out with a BFN at 12/13dpo but the evidence tells us that's not always the case. So chin up chicken, if it's a 'no' this time then onto the next with your head held high x

Thanks ladies. I know its not a definite no but if I'm preggo I'm one of the minority who doesn't show til late. Spotting still stopped & no AF this morning so FXd! I usually have a 12 day LP so I'm expecting her today or tomorrow. I've got no IC's in so I'm not testing today, might go & buy some cheapies later & test tues or wed if no AF xx

Hun, I know at least 2 girls in here that got a faint line after 14DPO and I'm not very actively social, so it's not minority! I'm 11DPO today and FF says that only 50% of BFPs were recorded until 11DPO. So it could really be either way for you still! :) I think spotting stopping is definitely a good sign!

FX and :dust:!!

I'm alright, thank you!! :) Been on the pill for 2 months, and coming off it ended up finally getting a positive OPK on CD17 and 18. Can't be 100% sure I actually ovulated, without the progesterone test, but I'd say I'm about 95% sure. This was the first month we've actually really TTC, so it's really exciting to be in 2WW :D Either way, I have my first FS appointment on Dec. 28.

That's fab that you're ttc again hun! How many dpo are you? A friend of mine just got preggo 1st cycle off the pill, I've heard the 1st cycle you're extra fertile so GL!

Well I spoke too soon, :witch: is flying in as we speak :growlmad:. Onto clomid round 3, at least when AF comes I can start the clomid again, so 'every cloud' & all that. Trying to think of the positives, can drink over crimbo & new year, & it means September :baby: at least so it wont be the youngest in the class! (UK school years run Sept to Aug) x

So sorry to hear that AF is on her way MrsPTTC - I wish I could find her and kidnap her for you for a while :hugs:

I will be cheering on a September baby for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->