Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

So sorry to hear that AF is on her way MrsPTTC - I wish I could find her and kidnap her for you for a while :hugs:

I will be cheering on a September baby for you :hugs:

Thanks hun :) To top it off I am hungover today and feel like death. The two don't really mix! :wacko: I had a heart to heart with hubby earlier and he made a valid point that *if* I wasn't ovulating properly until the clomid, I guess it's like starting to try all over again, and normal ovulating couples take more than a month or two, so I need to be patient! :thumbup: x

MrsPttc :hugs: it's a good point what dh says even if it is frustrating :hugs:

So sorry to hear that AF is on her way MrsPTTC - I wish I could find her and kidnap her for you for a while :hugs:

I will be cheering on a September baby for you :hugs:

Thanks hun :) To top it off I am hungover today and feel like death. The two don't really mix! :wacko: I had a heart to heart with hubby earlier and he made a valid point that *if* I wasn't ovulating properly until the clomid, I guess it's like starting to try all over again, and normal ovulating couples take more than a month or two, so I need to be patient! :thumbup: x

Sound like you have a good 'un there honey. I hope that this is your cycle x

Thanks hun :hugs: I'll be fertile over xmas so plenty of lie ins & morning :sex:.So perhaps a 'Christmas Conception!' The vit B complex didn't help my spotting at all so think i'll finish the bottle then not buy any more x

MrsPTTC, I think I'm 12DPO today, not sure exactly :) Might also be 11 or 13. I actually know quite a few couples that got pregnant first month off the pill, so hopefully it's true about extra fertility. We'll find out! My only worry at the moment is that I won't get a period OR bfp, meaning that all my ovulation signs were wrong. But only a few days left to find out :)

I think your husband is absolutely right! And Christmas baby would be awesome!! :)

Hi all :) Soili good to see you back - fx the pill has done it's thing for you :)

I'm not sure why really, but I decided to look up 'can'twait4u', who got pg with her spotting earlier in the thread (I think the first BFP amongst us?)

Anyway according to a post in the pg forum she is having a c-section and will get her baby today :)

I really hope 2012 is the year for the rest of us :o)

Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm in my TWW, but not really having any symptoms. Just moodiness, but I think that's from the clomid. DH and I went to Napa over the weekend to celebrate my birthday. It was so nice to get away, have good food and good wine.

Aw Nell that's lovely, our first spotting :baby: about to be born! None of the pg ladies seem to come on here any more, I'm sure there's been a few :bfp:'s over the last 11 months! <gulps> It's almost our 1st anniversary! BOO!! I would love to hear from them again, see how they're getting on x

Happy Birthday Daydream! :cake: x

MrsPTTC, I wasn't planning to test until 15DPO, but started spotting today, so unless AF is not properly here tomorrow, I might test then :) I don't remember ever spotting for more than a day before AF on ovulatory cycles, so we'll see. If this spotting stays spotting and no bfp, then it'll be a big BOO for me personally, cuz it'll mean that I was wrong about ovulating. Hopefully not!

Thank you, Nell!! :) I'm gonna know if it worked or not in a few days. FX! As much as I would absolutely LOVE a bpf, getting a period on time wouldn't be too shabby for me either. I'd just be so happy to be able to TTC like "normal" couples do for a few months as least :)

Hey guys! I'm out! ;) Got my period last night. I'm both sad and happy. Sad for obvious reasons, but happy because I now know for sure I ovulated! :) We'll see what FS appointment will bring in 2 weeks.

So sorry Soili, like you say still good new that you ovulated though.

Hi Soili
Feels weird saying I'm glad you got AF but you know what I mean! Nice to 'see' you again.
Hi Nell - what's going on with you right now?
Hi MrsP - sorry the witch got you but I think your DH is bang on the money - if you weren't ovulating in those other cycles then they just don't count!
As for me - I'm either 5 or 7 dpo today (some confusion as to when I actually ovulated as I think I was running a slight temperature so not sure when that kicked out and the post O temp kicked in! Telltale beige CM this morning though so can't help thinking that as that's arrived on time AF will follow in another 5 days or so - although I am keeping the faith thanks to Islandgrl and Struth that it doesn't necessarily rule me out. Don't think the progesterone cream's made any difference though! Ah well.
Onto the next... God I'm bored of saying that!!!

Have you had a progesterone test soili to confirm ovulation? Don't want to worry you but the month I didn't ovulate I had positive OPKs & AF came as normal, it wasnt a long cycle x

Thank you, guys!! :hugs: Do you also find it puzzling how come when people do the exact same thing to try to conceive every month, it sometimes doesn't work for months and months and then just BOOM, done! It's like all the stars must align right for it to happen or something :D

I'm decorating our Christmas tree today! Got some new ornaments in Ikea with 80% discount yesterday, it's like I knew I'd need a distraction today ;)

MrsPTTC, nope, didn't have the progesterone test. I know, there's still this small chance I didn't. However I had two days of absolute obvious positive OPK, a week of EWCM prior to that, sex drive through the roof and could definitely feel it on my left side. So I'm pretty certain. Also one time I had ovulation detected on the u/s scan last year, I had positive OPK same day and AF exactly 14 days after, which matches this cycle perfectly. The cycles I don't ovulate are WAY different, crazy long with unpredictable spotting, very light periods and fertility signs that don't match one another.

I understand hun, if your cycle has gone completely different to every other cycle it defo sounds like you ovulated! Most people you hear of have the same problems as you, long cycles, spotting etc. I know I get spotting but the month I didn't ovulate I had such a normal cycle. I have doubt in the back of my mind that ovulation is the problem & perhaps my cycle with the progesterone tests was a one off, but I'm trying not to think like that as it scares the crap out of me! x

Oh, but the spotting on my anovulatory cycles is not like yours! It can start anytime, go for a week, then disappear for another week, than appear again and eventually lead to a period that's nothing more than just heavier spotting.. or NOT. I don't think you're not ovulating, probably just some hormones kick in the end of the cycles that cause your uterus to think it's about time for a period, but others are holding it back. I don't know, just my theory :)

I've been on the pill for 7 years before we decided to start trying. And I was ovulating fine for 6 months after I came off it. I didn't have clockwork cycles, but I would always get AF 14 days after pos. OPK on the months I tested and the longest cycle I had was 40 days. But then something went wrong, and I still don't know what was it. But my cycles got all wacko. Did my PCOS kick in all of the sudden or was it some vitamins/supplements I was trying - I don't know. I guess I'll find out this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->