Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

I am mostly vegan... 50% raw vegan and the rest is cooked food, with fish and shellfish as the only type of meat I eat once in a while.
I have neglected taking B-complex and I realize now that I really should consider this, due to my diet.
Will start taking this today.

GL! I hope it helps! Do you usually spot before AF starts?

Thanks MrsPTTC! :flower:

I know what you mean about the mini breakdowns, I seem to get them a lot right now! I was out shopping the other day when my friend (who doesn't know I'm TTC), started picking up all this cute baby stuff (you know, the baby's first Christmas babygros etc) and I had to pretend I'd heard my phone ringing so I could leave the shop. I was ready to burst into tears right then and there!

Don't worry about time passing by, sometimes I feel the same way. But I'm sure you'll both get our BFPs really soon. FX!

I'm just so glad it's Christmas time! It gives me something else to obsess over for a bit!!! :haha:

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas!

:hugs: MrsPttc, mini breakdown are an important release of emotions and very normal I think for going through all this TTC stress. Hoping you get your +OPK soon for some festive Bding :thumbup:

AFM, I try not to mention the IVF too much now on this thread, as I know most people aren't at that stage yet, so thanks for asking :flower: My last IVF I managed to get some 'spare'! embryos and they were frozen. In january we will be trying to thaw them (only about 50% survival rate for thawing) and will try again - the odds of success with frozen embryos are much less but it means no operation to remove the eggs this time, which will be a nice break.
13dpo and still no spotting, horrible cramps but BFN. I think this IS the injection i took last week- apparently it causes a surge in estrogen. I never knew raising estrogen could stop spotting though :wacko:

Wishing all a Merry Christmas :xmas16:

Thanks happenstance, :hugs: to you for feeling the same way. Yes I get rather sad now looking at baby clothes but unfortunately my friends have all got or are having babies so it's hard to avoid! I used to be fine but now it gets me down x

Nell - you should talk about your situation TTC, whether IVF or not, it doesn't matter that we're not down that route yet. I'm on another thread and nearly everyone is doing IVF/IUI!! When was your last IVF? Yes I think it's worth the risk of the frozen embies, rather than putting yourself through the retrieval.

Happy Christmas ladies! :xmas6: x

Guess who just got a dark OPK on CD13!!! Thank you Clomid! Earliest yet! :happydance: I took an IC and the line was pretty dark, but threw away my sample before doing a digi. So I did a digi a couple of hours later and no smiley :shrug: but I had a cup of tea in between and like I say it was only 2 hours time difference so maybe it was too dilute. I'll try again tonight but I've only got 1 digi left so not gonna waste it. I'm so pleased we BD last night! :thumbup: x

Mrs PTTC - Yay for + OPKs! And that is the perfect timing too! I think the earliest I've gotten one was CD15. :) I've got OPK-envy!

_Nell: Yes please talk about it! We all may get there at some point and it's always nice to see what other peoples' journeys have been

Thanks daydream! I did another IC and I don't think it's quite positive so I'm not gonna waste my digi. It's funny as pre-clomid I used to get a fade in fade out pattern so I knew when ovulation was approaching, but post-clomid it seems to go straight from nothing to dark! I'll try testing again tomorrow x

Oh and re your OPK envy, before clomid I wasn't getting a + until around CD20-23!! :wacko: x

So my OPK's have gotten lighter so I think I missed my smiley on the first lot of pee I threw out yesterday as I'm sure the lines were dark enough for a +! I've had NO EWCM this month though, despite upping my EPO (though I think this takes a few months to kick in) but I guess yesterday and today it's hard to tell as I use sperm friendly lube. I'm likely to ovulate today or tomorrow, FX'd for a Christmas Conception! x

Sorry for all the posts, but I went to the loo again not even 3 hours later and I got my definite + on the IC & smiley face on the digi!! :happydance:. But now I'm wondering, was my pee too dilute yesterday or have I ovulated/will I ovulate twice?! (Clomid twins or twice the chance of a BFP??) Happy bunny either way, we BD this morning and will again tomorrow & monday just in case! x

Congrats, MrsPTTC!! :) It is awesome to ovulate on time and earlier than usual! Last cycle I got sort of half positive on CD16, and then 2 days of definite positives. I can kinda tell if LH is surging, because I start to get those "bleeding" edges test lines on IC, although they're not as dark as positives yet. I don't know when I actually ovulated though, but I felt my ovary all aching on CD18.
CD12 for me today and no EWCM yet, so just patiently waiting. I really hope to get at least a few more normal cycles without drugs. FS app. is in 4 days, but I think in the best scenario they'll just send us for more tests first and I won't see no Clomid until a few months later.

Congrats, MrsPTTC!! :) It is awesome to ovulate on time and earlier than usual! Last cycle I got sort of half positive on CD16, and then 2 days of definite positives. I can kinda tell if LH is surging, because I start to get those "bleeding" edges test lines on IC, although they're not as dark as positives yet. I don't know when I actually ovulated though, but I felt my ovary all aching on CD18.
CD12 for me today and no EWCM yet, so just patiently waiting. I really hope to get at least a few more normal cycles without drugs. FS app. is in 4 days, but I think in the best scenario they'll just send us for more tests first and I won't see no Clomid until a few months later.

Thanks Soili! Yes I sometimes get that too and I'm not sure if that's what yesterdays was or whether it was a real positive, but it was strange it went lighter, even early this morning :shrug:. I'll not know when ovulation is as I'm not temping, though if I wake around my usual temping time over the next few days I might take my temp as I can tell when they're pre or post ovulation. I've still got no EWCM, I think the clomid has dried it all up, so good job I'm using conceive plus! I hope ovulation is not too long for you, maybe you will have a New Years Eve conception? :winkwink: Good luck with your appointment and have a lovely xmas x

Lovely Christmas to you too, hun!! :) And to every girl in this thread!! :kiss: My "problem" doesn't seem to fit this topic much (as my spotting was anovulatory and not in LP), and yet I connected the most with you, guys! I hope we all get pregnant very soon and have gorgeous healthy babies in 2012! :baby:

Here here hun. But don't you go leaving the thread mind just cos you're not a spotter anymore!! x

Oh, I'm not going anywhere! :D There's no guarantee I'll keep ovulating, so although I'm the only one with anovulatory spotting, I still fit in! ;)

My moonstone necklace arrived a few days ago btw. I'm thinking I might just wear it nonstop for now. Who knows if it really might help!

Ooh you're a moonstone gal too hun?? It hasn't really helped me, but it defo makes AF a bit better :thumbup: x

Hello everyone,

I posted on this thread quite a while ago and haven't posted on the board for a long time as I needed a bit of a break from thinking about TTC all the time!

I too am a spotter. Strangely, a few months after we started TTC it got worse (started trying in February 2010). I would spot at least 2 or 3 days before AF. Over time it got worse and worse so I was spotting almost the entire 2WW (which was usually only about 10 days). I also had very low progesterone tested at 7DPO.

I found out I had uterine polyps and had those removed in October. The first cycle after that I still only had a 10 day luteal phase, but the spotting was only 1 day that time.

This is the first month I've used progesterone suppositories in the 2WW. It is the first time I've gotten to 14DPO without any spotting. Christmas Day is 15DPO. Unfortunately I'm not pregnant this month, but am happy for the first time ever to have gotten this far without any spotting. The progesterone seemed to make a big difference.

I hope everyone gets their BFP is 2012!

Soli - I think my spotting is due to anovulatory cycles - hard for me to know fir definite as have only recently started monitoring my cycles and spotting has been getting increasingly worse for me each cycle this year

Mrspttc - great news on the smiley, really hoping this is the cycle for you !

Canagirl - great news on no spotting this cycle

Afm - still no AF but no spotting either yet so think I've still got along time to wait on this cycle. Hoping it won't be a really long cycle this time

Merry Christmas Ladies

Jellycat, I'm quite sure I spot only when I don't ovulate too. Some gals can go for months without period or spotting and then eventually ovulate and get AF. I don't. If I don't ovulate, I tend to eventually get AF anyway, it's just a lot lighter, longer and with spotting here and where. As far as I remember, I always used to ovulate, just had somewhat irregular cycles, but something went wrong last year (I'm thinking it might have been some vitamins I've been trying to boost fertility) and I stopped ovulating for months and months. I've been on the BCP for 2 months September-October and coming off it had a normal ovulatory cycle, finally! I'm just hoping that nothing screws things up this time and I'll have some time to try to get pregnant naturally.

MrsPTTC, I think moonstones are absolutely gorgeous! It's my birthstone too. I think I was just happy to find out I have this perfectly legitimate reason now to get the necklace I wanted :D I only had it for a few days, so early to tell, if it's working or not, but I plan to wear it until I find out ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->