Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hey MrsHY, I've missed you! I don't blame you for upping your dose - I was actually wondering whether to up my next cycle to 100mg and then skip the 6th cycle, but I am too scared lol.

So Chloe are they doing progesterone tests then? Otherwise how would they know the Clomid is working?? I had follicle tracking to check 50mg worked which it did, but if it didn't they were going to up it to 100mg & so on. You usually get the temp dip on the day of ovulation (though not always) so perhaps you've O today? Though 4 days from your +OPK does seem a long time :shrug:.

Soili yay for the appointment! GL on the metformin! :thumbup:. Just a diet tip for weight loss for which I have seen work wonders in as little as 4 weeks. Preservative, sugar, dairy, gluten & alcohol free, also low carbs, only drink green tea and mineral water & cook everything with coconut oil & take Omega 3 every day. Combined with a bootcamp 3 times a week, it's AMAZING. My DH has lost 2 stone over the last few months even though he wasn't fat (beer gut only lol.) It might not work for everyone. I haven't lost anything really but I don't need too, and don't do the bootcamp (and cheat ha ha) but I do feel alot healthier!

x

Thanks for all your positive thoughts ladies!

Back from the SIS and it was a piece of cake! (I think the valium definitely helped calm my nerves). I have a little cramping right now but nothing compared to AF.

Everything checked out fine, she was able to see that both my tubes are clear, no fibroid in my uterus, but it is tipped back a bit she said. We sat down and went through the bloodwork results that are in (some are still pending). Everything looks normal for me. DH's FSH is a little low, but she wasn't too concerned. She said when DH has his urology consult, we'll know more.

Basically our next cycle the game plan will be femera (which she prefers over clomid bc of less side effects), monitoring, trigger shot and IUI. She said we could go straight to IVF if we wanted the chance for twins (some people prefer this in order to be "done" with TTC) and to hurry the process along. We said we're fine with a couple cycles of IUIs first. She also said to keep trying this cycle because sometimes the rate of pregnancy after a SIS is increased.

I adore this doctor. She's so on the ball. We're both feeling uplifted and ready for 2012!

Soili, yay for your FS app! I hope the Metformin works out! And GL with the weight loss. I personally need to get back into exercising. My cycles are normal though so thankfully my RE didn't say I needed to lose weight. I was really expecting her to mention it. You'll have to let us know what your plan is and we can help support you!

Brilliant news Daydream! :yipee: I would go for IUI before IVF too, I've heard the success rates aren't as good but ive heard a few ladies on BnB get pg on a IUI cycle in the last few weeks :thumbup: x

Brilliant news Daydream! :yipee: I would go for IUI before IVF too, I've heard the success rates aren't as good but ive heard a few ladies on BnB get pg on a IUI cycle in the last few weeks :thumbup: x

Yes and I wonder if IUI is just what we need if I do in fact have a tipped uterus. Maybe we just need to get those guys past the cervix in order for them to get to the egg easier. I'm hopeful :)

Daydream - good news sounds like a very positive day

Soili - I too am hoping to lose some more weights my current weightloss has stopped since going back to work but am determined to lose 1/2 a stone a month, I've been doing slimming world.

MrsPTTC, thank you for the tip!! :) I have something of the same kind planned! I just can't exclude yogurts and fruit to make it no-dairy and low carb, because I'll be way too miserable :D Intense exercise also makes me SUPER hungry, so will have to go easy on that. I have stationary bike in the living room, will be hitting that more often! I did hear that the kind of diet you describe works wonders for men! We girls are little more resistance and have to use our own little dieting tricks ;) I also plan to make very light dinners and will be doing "detox" days on juice every now and then when the weight is stuck.

daydream, it's BRILLIANT news that everything is fine, no fibroids and clear tubes!! I also heard that SIS or HSG did help some girls fall pregnant on the very same cycles after trying for long, so there's hope you won't even need IUI! It's funny how your doctors says that some choose to do IVF to actually plan twins and be done with TTC :D I know that a lot of people think that but I never heard a doctor actually admitting it, they mostly do whatever possible to make sure it's NOT multiples. I personally would LOVE twins. I was always fascinated with twins and triplets, the kind of bond they have.

Jellycat, yey, a dieting buddy!! :) My plan for the moment is a bit more strict. I want to get rid of a bit more than a stone in first month, 6-7 kilos would be awesome and than 4-5 a month would be great. But I haven't been purposely loosing weight in a long while, so will have to see how my body responds to what I have planned for it ;)

MrsPTTC, thank you for the tip!! :) I have something of the same kind planned! I just can't exclude yogurts and fruit to make it no-dairy and low carb, because I'll be way too miserable :D Intense exercise also makes me SUPER hungry, so will have to go easy on that. I have stationary bike in the living room, will be hitting that more often! I did hear that the kind of diet you describe works wonders for men! We girls are little more resistance and have to use our own little dieting tricks ;) I also plan to make very light dinners and will be doing "detox" days on juice every now and then when the weight is stuck.

Though it is no milk or cheese, you can have Greek or full fat natural yogurt, & as much fruit & veg as you want! They say to only eat potatoes occasionally & best after exercise as starch is bad for you, you can also have rice in moderation, but we never really followed that. We're not big veg eaters so if we didn't have rice or potatoes then there would only be a plate of meat! :haha:. Great thing is you can still have a sugar substitute called agarve nectar, its a plant or fruit sugar, can't remember which & is in a squeezey bottle so DH was putting it over his fruit, yogurt & nuts. Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, but someone on Facebook lost 22.5 inches in 8 or 10 weeks, amazing! It's more of a lifestyle than a diet I guess, we'll not stop now, I'll continue to make my own sauces rather than buy jars & we hardly ever have frozen food now :) x

daydream, it's BRILLIANT news that everything is fine, no fibroids and clear tubes!! I also heard that SIS or HSG did help some girls fall pregnant on the very same cycles after trying for long, so there's hope you won't even need IUI! It's funny how your doctors says that some choose to do IVF to actually plan twins and be done with TTC :D I know that a lot of people think that but I never heard a doctor actually admitting it, they mostly do whatever possible to make sure it's NOT multiples. I personally would LOVE twins. I was always fascinated with twins and triplets, the kind of bond they have.

Yeah I thought that was funny too! IVF is very invasive & sounds pretty hard going so its strange for them to say that! It's probably what they all think but can't say! :winkwink:. I know my FS did say, if the clomid doesn't work we can try IUI or go straight to IVF but I think I'd like to try IUI first x

Hi all,

I thought I'd post an update, because I believe I just figured out why i spotted for 7 days before my period for years, and why I had such a difficult time getting pregnant. I'm now 13 weeks pregnant, and just went in for my first intensive ultrasound. Apparently, my uterus is riddled with fibroids. :( For the last 4 days, I've been in agony, because apparently one or some of them are degenerating, and this causes extreme pain.

Fibroids, if they have any symptoms at all, can cause irregular bleeding (which would make sense that it would happen before your period, since they're activated by hormones, and fed by blood) and fertility issues, especially if they're blocking a path. Oh, and they're usually only discovered in an ultrasound. So if you haven't had an ultrasound yet, and you're not pregnant ask for one! It's amazing to me that doctors don't check for fibroids right away. I mean, ultrasounds are easy!

It also makes sense that changing my diet helped my spotting, because in going organic, I basically removed all hormones from our food from my body, thus not exacerbating the hormone-fed fibroids in my uterus.

I have 2 golf ball sized ones almost blocking my cervix. They think I will have to have a c-section. I'm going to talk to my doctor more about it on January 3rd.

If you do have fibroids, and you get pregnant, be prepared for some agony. This sucks! I'm just happy that my little bean is progressing normally, and after the NT ultrasound, they determined that it looks perfectly healthy so far.

Anyway, I'm just happy that I have finally discovered the root cause of the awful spotting, and that it answers SO many questions about my reproductive health.

Good luck, ladies!

So Chloe are they doing progesterone tests then? Otherwise how would they know the Clomid is working?? I had follicle tracking to check 50mg worked which it did, but if it didn't they were going to up it to 100mg & so on. You usually get the temp dip on the day of ovulation (though not always) so perhaps you've O today? Though 4 days from your +OPK does seem a long time :shrug:.

No, there is no tracking. I guess she will know if it works if i am pregnant :shrug: I am going to call her if i hit CD40 and still have no temp spike or AF, and a BFN. She told me to take 50mg, but for some reason my prescription came with 10 50mg pills, so I can in theory double up the dose on my own next time if i am so inclined. Not sure if i have the guts to do that yet or not tho. No temp spike today, although it is higher than yesterday, but right below my coverline :growlmad:

Thanks! Yes I'm hoping this does the trick for us. Our dr said I hope you call and say you don't need me after all. That would be nice :)

And yes regarding the IVF, I was a bit surprised, but she's very matter of fact, which is part of what I love about her. I wouldn't mind having twins either, but would like to do the least invasive first just to give it a try.

Yeah I thought that was funny too! IVF is very invasive & sounds pretty hard going so its strange for them to say that! It's probably what they all think but can't say! :winkwink:. I know my FS did say, if the clomid doesn't work we can try IUI or go straight to IVF but I think I'd like to try IUI first x

Haha yes exactly. I'm sure they get plenty of couples who come in and just want to hurry up and get pregnant already. Plus it seems like IVF is becoming more and more common.

Hi baddream, thanks for sharing your story! Sorry about your fibroids hun :( . I've had scans already & just 1 cyst found.

Chloe, the clomid can still work but no BFP like my 1st cycle. If you don't think you O this cycle I would up to 100mg. Temping is so frustrating, its evil lol

x

Congrats Baddream but sorry to hear about the pain your fibroids are giving you. I wondered whether fibroids might be the cause of my spotting but have had countless ultrasounds and a saline sonography thingie and nothing has been commented on, so I guess that's not it!

HEY THERE EVERYONE, I NEED SOME HELPS BIG TIME!!! OK SO I GOT TESTED FOR EVERYTHING ON DAY 5 OF CYCLE AS HUBBY HAD AN EXTREEMLY LOW SPERM COUNT AND THEY ARE NOW CHECKING IM OK. ALL LEVELS CAME BACK FINE BUUUUUUUT MY PROGESTERONE! THEY SAID IT WAS LOW BUT THIS COULD BE BECAUSE IT WAS DAY 5 OF CYCLE? SO THEY ARE TESTING ME NEXT WED WHICH IS DAY 21. SHE SAID THERES NO NEED TO FAST OR ANYTHING BUT IM AFRAID IVE READ YOU SHOULD FAST AS EATING MAKES YOUR PROGESTERONE LEVELS 50 PERCENT LESS? WHAT SHALL I DO, HERES THE LINK I READ IT FROM: https://www.babymed.com/fertility-tests/progesterone-levels

Hi icklebean, I wasn't told to fast when I had mine, though they were done early in the morning :shrug: x

Icklebean - could you not limit fast for 12hrs anyway and let them know when take the test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->