Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

daydream, congrats on ovulation!! :) Prometrium can often give you some heavy early-pregnancy symptoms, like nausea, bloating and such, watch out for that. You also likely won't get AF until you stop taking it, so you won't be able to rely on your normal LP length. And there's a question whether to stop it or not if you find out you're pregnant. But I hope it'll make your uterus comfy and cozy for that lucky eggy!! :)

Thanks so much for the additional details. I did try to read other peoples experiences with it to see what to expect. I do hope it's the boost I need. I think I read people test at 14 DPO and if BFN stop taking so that AF comes. That's just 1-2 days (depending on the cycle) longer than my normal LP. If pregnant; well I think I would die of disbelief lol! But I'd call the dr and she what she says about staying on it.

Thanks jellycat & soili. I'm trying to think of a new strategy for this cycle. My moonstone fertility bracelet broke on Thursday night so won't be wearing that any more! I'm using softcups but wondering whether to stop those & see if it makes a difference? Im down on my lube so might change back to pre-seed from conceive plus x

Oh & I was considering buying some progesterone but am scared as my fs doesn't believe in it :shrug: x

Thanks jellycat & soili. I'm trying to think of a new strategy for this cycle. My moonstone fertility bracelet broke on Thursday night so won't be wearing that any more! I'm using softcups but wondering whether to stop those & see if it makes a difference? Im down on my lube so might change back to pre-seed from conceive plus x

I think it's a great idea to variate things and try something new, keeps things interesting! ;) I've tried both preseed and softcups last cycle and well, didn't work. So this time I wasn't doing either. I find softcups kinda uncomfortable, I can still feel them. And preseed just adds a lot more mess into the scene :D I figure if they were to work, they would have worked. But obviously I'm gonna start recycling tricks at some point ;)

Still wearing my moonstone necklace. It's just so pretty! The full moon is on Monday, gotta try that charging bit! :) I'm hoping that it might help me with my cycles, make them a bit more regular. That would be pretty awesome.

I think it's a great idea to variate things and try something new, keeps things interesting! ;) I've tried both preseed and softcups last cycle and well, didn't work. So this time I wasn't doing either. I find softcups kinda uncomfortable, I can still feel them. And preseed just adds a lot more mess into the scene :D I figure if they were to work, they would have worked. But obviously I'm gonna start recycling tricks at some point ;)

Still wearing my moonstone necklace. It's just so pretty! The full moon is on Monday, gotta try that charging bit! :) I'm hoping that it might help me with my cycles, make them a bit more regular. That would be pretty awesome.

I really like the softcups, I find them comfortable providing they're in properly which is probably only 50% of the time :haha:, I find them great for no wet underwear, I think :spermy: is yack. But with that said I am worried they could be doing more harm than good so think I might give it a break for a month. We have to use lube, I'd love not to use any, but I'm dry, and even drier with the clomid - last cycle I didn't have any EWCM, only watery, though sometimes with the :spermy: it's hard to tell :shrug:. I have to say my AF pains yesterday were worse than with not wearing my moonstone. I'm convinced it does something but I don't think I'm a believer that it gives a :bfp: any more :nope: x

I think changing things round sounds a good idea for next cycle . I don't know much about progesterone so can't recommend or discourage

Is a moonstone meant to help regulate your cycle?

I used pressed with conceiving JJ so doubt I will try anything different lube wise.

I really like the softcups, I find them comfortable providing they're in properly which is probably only 50% of the time :haha:

That is exactly the problem for me. I put it in correctly and it seems to fit fine, but after a few hours it's starting to find its way out :D Obviously it can't come out, but it starts pressing on my pubic bone, makes me very aware that it's there. Doesn't hurt, but still no fun. The no leaking part is brilliant though! :D

I don't think Moonstones are a guarantee of pregnancy. If that was it, FS appointments would be rather quick and easy LOL But I like to believe that it's helping a little, at least with the cycles and boy, I sure need help in that area.

Is a moonstone meant to help regulate your cycle?

There is such believe, yes. Cycles - months - moon phases - moonstones, I think that's where it comes from. I don't think there's any harm in trying it :)

I don't think Moonstones are a guarantee of pregnancy. If that was it, FS appointments would be rather quick and easy LOL But I like to believe that it's helping a little, at least with the cycles and boy, I sure need help in that area.

This is why I didn't DARE mention my fertility bracelet to my arse of a FS - he would've laughed me out of the room!!! :rofl: But I think anything is worth a shot and there are quite a number of :bfp:'s on the thread I'm part of, though it's probably coincidence! But I know moonstone has helped AF that's for sure :thumbup:.

Jellycat here is the thread I joined ages ago, it's still going and should give you a bit more info on moonstones. Even if it's just for the pretty jewellery LOL. https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/653365-moonstone-anyone.html

x

Hello ladies
Sorry about the AF MrsPTTC - I too had great hopes for you this cycle because of the delayed spotting! Never mind - onto the next. And I know it's hard, but try not to torture yourself with thoughts that your eggs and DH's spermies might not be compatible. If you need a boost, have a look at the BFP announcements board at the moment - soooo many BFPs for ladies that have been trying 2 yrs, 3 yrs, even 7 yrs in one case!
I'm using a progesterone cream this cycle and did last cycle too - my FS also thinks it's bunkum (as he does proper medical-grade progesterone suppositorites - unless you're using them as part of an IVF cycle), but it makes me feel like I'm doing something to help at least!
Not too sure how many dpo I am because I had a couple of days of + OPKs (well, I'm interpreting them as positive as accompanied by lots of EWCM and cramping, even though I didn't get a smiley this cycle - think I missed my surge!). CD 21 today. Spotted a temp shift on Weds which would have been cd18, although by Thurs it had rocketed. So anywhere from 3-5 dpo I guess. Wonder if I can get to 6 dpo and keep the spotting away? A girl has got to have a dream I suppose!!

Hello ladies
Sorry about the AF MrsPTTC - I too had great hopes for you this cycle because of the delayed spotting! Never mind - onto the next. And I know it's hard, but try not to torture yourself with thoughts that your eggs and DH's spermies might not be compatible. If you need a boost, have a look at the BFP announcements board at the moment - soooo many BFPs for ladies that have been trying 2 yrs, 3 yrs, even 7 yrs in one case!
I'm using a progesterone cream this cycle and did last cycle too - my FS also thinks it's bunkum (as he does proper medical-grade progesterone suppositorites - unless you're using them as part of an IVF cycle), but it makes me feel like I'm doing something to help at least!
Not too sure how many dpo I am because I had a couple of days of + OPKs (well, I'm interpreting them as positive as accompanied by lots of EWCM and cramping, even though I didn't get a smiley this cycle - think I missed my surge!). CD 21 today. Spotted a temp shift on Weds which would have been cd18, although by Thurs it had rocketed. So anywhere from 3-5 dpo I guess. Wonder if I can get to 6 dpo and keep the spotting away? A girl has got to have a dream I suppose!!

Fingers crossed for you Mrshy! I really hope the progesterone works for you, I'll be interested to hear your results. I'm glad your FS doesn't believe in it either, & its not just my meany one lol :) . Something else I was thinking of trying is accupuncture, but I need to do some research first. I'll check out the BFP announcements, I do love it when people have been trying ages, though some of them are like 'Finally a BFP' & it turns out they've been trying 6 months! :dohh:. How long you been trying now hun? x

hiii, i spot a week before av, and my other half due to cysts only has a sperm count of 1 million. please look at my chart and see if you can figure anything out for me im sooo confused, and help mega appreciated! thank you ladies, xxxx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chart_module.php

hiii, i spot a week before av, and my other half due to cysts only has a sperm count of 1 million. please look at my chart and see if you can figure anything out for me im sooo confused, and help mega appreciated! thank you ladies, xxxx

I can't see your chart hon, just a log-in page? Welcome!

ohhhh sorri, try this:
https://tinypic.com/r/2zfrf9i/5

https://i43.tinypic.com/2zfrf9i.jpg

Hello ladies

Fingers crossed for you Mrshy! I really hope the progesterone works for you, I'll be interested to hear your results. I'm glad your FS doesn't believe in it either, & its not just my meany one lol :) . Something else I was thinking of trying is accupuncture, but I need to do some research first. I'll check out the BFP announcements, I do love it when people have been trying ages, though some of them are like 'Finally a BFP' & it turns out they've been trying 6 months! :dohh:. How long you been trying now hun? x

Yeah I know - any post that begins "After six long months we've finally done it" drives me bonkers!!
We've been trying since November 2010, but Nov and Dec I was still getting to know my wonky cycle and we DTD at the wrong time. Then in April/May I had a 50 day cycle, plus I'm fairly sure from temping that I've had 1 or 2 anovulatory cycles too. So who knows? Feels like a damn long time!!

I had acupuncture for a few months early last year - combined with Chinese herbs. I don't know if it was the acu, or the herbs, but those three months co-incided with 2 flat cycles temperature wise, and the 50 day cycle, so I'm not entirely sure it helped me! But it does seem to help a lot of ladies. I think I was put off because to see the benefits you apparently have to go once a week, and at £45 a visit that's a lot of money!

x

ohhhh sorri, try this:

Thanks I can see it now! Looks like you O around cd18? Did you get EWCM or any aches/pains?

ohhhh sorri, try this:

Thanks I can see it now! Looks like you O around cd18? Did you get EWCM or any aches/pains?

my opk was positiv on cd15, pains on cd10 and cd16
hard to tell whats what with my cm :(
and now im spotting which has made me super scared again :nope:

thank you for taking the time to try help me hun

Sorry ladies - massively self-centred post coming up - just need to vent.
DH just put in his usual weekly call to his parents and having spoken to his mum then his dad, his mum then asked to be put back on and told DH that her sister (DH's aunt) had asked her today whether she would 'be presented with any grandchildren soon'. That was her way of delivering a massive hint and it's REALLY got me upset - up to this point we haven't had pressure from either set of parents and I really don't want it now, when in a few months time I'll be thinking about IVF.
I mean, what the f**k gives people the right to make out like we're being selfish for not having had kids yet? When they know nothing at all about our situation? FFS.
Sorry. I said this would be a self-centred post.

MrsHY, first of all, MASSIVE sorry for the situation with your in-laws. The thing I hate the most are the hints like those. I much rather people asked things straight up, if they wanted to know something. Because I then have an option of telling them to bugger off ;) And if I actually was looking to discuss my fertility issues with someone, a clumsy hint like that would not put me in the mood to start the conversation.

That said, I don't know what is it with some relatives (and some friends) that they never consider a possibility that having kids might not be something people would wanna discuss with anyone aside from other half. It's like they have the right to stick their noses into it. Well, actually, they might be getting an idea that they shouldn't be doing it, and that's why they use the damn hints. And it seems that unless one actually had problems getting pregnant, everyone is oblivious to that fact that it might just not be easy for some.

In my dream world, if someone did a hint like that to me, I would have loved to tell them - we've been trying for a while and as much as we would love to have a baby, it's not working out yet and we might need medical help and yes, thank you so much for your graceful hint, made my day. But in reality I know I would be lost for words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->