Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Icklebean, strange you've not had a temp shift, is it your first cycle temping? Did you get my message before asking if you've had any tests?

Mrshy - £45 a session? :saywhat: Erm don't think I'll be trying it then! Thought I'd lost my clomid before & need to start it tonight :dohh: but I've found it, phew! Sorry to hear you've hit the year mark too, I think most of us on here have. Shame about your MIL's lack of sensitivity :growlmad: My MIL has stopped asking so I suspect she thinks we're trying & having problems. My mum knows we're trying so never asks. If I were you I would've just said 'that's easier said than done!'

x

Sorry MrsHY:hugs: Inlaws suck! I had my extended family ask me during christmas and I told them I was too busy with traveling and my cats to think about babies so now when i am preggo they will be surprised :)

So i am now 5DPO, and i'm usually a spotter right after O. Not a single spot so far. I'm wondering if the Clomid has regulated me at all and is helping with LP/progesterone?? I hate to get my hopes up but I am super excited for the no spotting so far.

Thanks Soili (could NOT have put your post better myself!), Jellycat, MrsP and Chloe. Yeah I think if I get any more comments like that the 'easier said than done' thing could come out of the bag and hopefully they'll take MY hint and shut up about it! I just keep reminding myself that they mean the best...
Chloe, snap - I THINK I'm 5dpo today although I could be anywhere from 3dpo really. And I'm also spot free, hurrah! This was the first cycle I upped my dose to 150mg. I wondered if I have more than one corpeus luteum pumping out progesterone which could be keeping spotting at bay - but then when I last had my progesterone tested I had a high reading (65 - in the UK scale) at 7dpo, 2 days of which I'd been spotting quite heavily with some red breakthrough bleeding - so I was told progesterone is not a problem. But who knows? Yay for a spot-free gusset for now!

It was on your visitor messages in response to yours. I mean tests such as bloods to check ovulation, egg reserve, HSG to check your tubes? x

Good luck Mrshy & chloe, glad to hear no spotting yet :thumbup: x

Wow, just noticed it was a year on the thread yesterday :sad1:. Didn't think I'd still be here a year later, at least not still TTC but I've made some great friends on here so thank you ladies :flower:.

Happyshopper - happy anniversary hun :rofl:. What's going on with you these days its been a while since any updates? I hope you come back preggo! :thumbup: x

Hello
Today's spot watch report:
5/6dpo and still no spotting! Thickish white CM. Bet it will be here tomorrow but if so, 6/7dpo is a massive improvment on my usual 4/5dpo (OK, it doesn't sound much but I'm seeing it as a triumph!)
x

7 DPO today and I woke up, used the bathroom, and had quite a bit of light brown CM. Oh well, at least my spotting held off for a whole week while on Clomid. I hope this doesn't mean I'm out. I may call the doc and see if i can get some more progesterone. I wonder if using the creams would be of any benefit. Anyone ever try those?

7 DPO today and I woke up, used the bathroom, and had quite a bit of light brown CM. Oh well, at least my spotting held off for a whole week while on Clomid. I hope this doesn't mean I'm out. I may call the doc and see if i can get some more progesterone. I wonder if using the creams would be of any benefit. Anyone ever try those?

Chloe it defo doesn't mean you're out hun as pre AF spotting wouldn't come that early usually so there must be another cause. Sorry its started but great that you've got this far. I would like to try progesterone but I'm scared :sad1: but after last cycle I'm not sure I need it :shrug: x

It was on your visitor messages in response to yours. I mean tests such as bloods to check ovulation, egg reserve, HSG to check your tubes? x
no just had hormone tests at the minute, and got nealry all of the back. this dfri got appointment to talk to doctor and work out what happens next.

Hi Chloe
My spotting is definitely better while on Clomid - tends to start from 5dpo as opposed to 3/4dpo without it. I'm using a progesterone cream but feel a bit of an idiot doing so, given my consultant told me there's no evidence that even clinical grade progesterone helps with pregnancy (unless it's prescribed to support the luteal phase in an IVF cycle), and the cream is much less strong. Also, because when I had a progesterone test at 7dpo on an earlier cycle, I had a high reading at 65 - this was a day or so after I'd started spotting! But at least it feels like I'm doing SOMETHING?? I don't know...
Oh and Mrs P is right - this doesn't mean you're out. Quite a few of the spotters on this board and on others I've seen had their spotting start as normal, then it just stopped, so you're not out yet xx

Somehow I got unsubscribed from this thread! I've missed out on so much!

MrsHY - So sorry about your in-laws. I had something similar earlier this year but with my own mother. I wasn't telling anyone that we were trying, mainly because month after month I was hoping I'd have something exciting to announce! Finally after we went on a family vacation and she spent the entire week saying that I was such a "mean daughter" for not giving her grandchildren (said sarcastically, but still.. ouch) I told her that we had been trying so to please stop. People just don't think about the fact that you might actually be trying, obviously I don't think my mom thought that was a possibility at all when she was teasing us. Little did she know, hah.

MrsPTTC - I've been taking my progesterone presciption orally since I got my crosshairs. Haven't really noticed anything, and my temp hasn't really shot up in response. I'll let you guys know how it works with my spotting. I also did acupuncture for a month around September of last year. It was good for relaxation, but I don't really think it helped much more than that. and yes, EXPENSIVE

Chloe - Sorry you are starting to spot. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's IB and you don't have any more tomorrow.

Icklebean - GL with your dr appt. I hope it gives you more information about why you have been spotting

AFM: 5 dpo currently. No spotting yet, though mine doesn't usually start until 9-10 dpo. I'm not really symptom spotting this TWW because I'm not sure what affect the progesterone will have. I hear a lot of the side effects are similar to pregnancy symptoms.. so for now I just wait.

Thanks Daydream.

Icklebean, good luck with your results, I hope you can take things forward :thumbup:

MrsHY - do we have the same FS??? :rofl: x

thanks guys! lets hope this is the first step to positiveness lol :) ly xxx

Bleurgh! Why do I do it to myself every month - get my bloody hopes up?? Wiped after a wee last night around 10pm and had bright red drops and some dark brown stuff. Then some dark brown stuff on a pantyliner overnight and more this morning. This happened before when I managed to hold out spot-free until 6dpo - it's like my body flips me the finger and makes up for lost time by spotting twice as hard!
Now, I know I should follow my own advice and relax until AF comes - not out until she shows and all that - it's just easier said than done!
Bleurgh again.

MrsHY: Im sorry, I know how it feels when you wipe and see that awful, horrible brown spotting. Its so unfair...Keep your hope up and hang in there.

I was reading a book about TTC last night and it got me thinking about the big picture...someday, we will all have a family- this will pass.

Im trying to look at it this way instead of obsessing and googling my cervical mucus every day. My poor boss gets so uncomfortable seeing all this stuff on my computer-- it gets so awful in the TWW! ugh. Oh, well. Working in finance with a bunch of men has its benefits, they stay away from me when im having my monthly breakdown. Im rooting for EVERYONE on this thread, we are due for some good news soon.

Daydream- Im also reading your blog! I love it!! I see that you work in finance, as well and you started trying when I did. Keep updating it:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->