Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

2 ovulatory in a row, yay!! :D Now it's going to get interesting, because I'll be able to find out if weight loss and Metformin actually help in my case or not!

Nothing showed up on my U/S & I have no symptoms of that whatsoever so assume I'm clear - though maybe not!

Hi MrsPTTC, spotting was my only endo-symptom!
Yeah I am hoping 11dpo is ok, I suppose it would be if that meant I started spotting then, but I think - what if I started a few days prior to that and am just seeing the 'old blood' from then?? If I start spotting any earlier in the month I am definitely going to advocate for another lap, in my head I am giving it another couple of months to see what happens with my cycles, then I am getting pro-active on it!

daydream - Sounds like a good idea to talk to your dr about it. Is your dr a gp or a fs? I have really not had any success with gps knowing anything about spotting at all. You'd hope a fs would tho! Lots of luck to you!

soili - sorry af arrived. I always lose more weight in the beginning of my cycle - but that has more to do with the fact that I never feel much like exercising in the tww in case I 'shake something loose' (which I know is insane!!)

Charlene - I hope your spotting settles down after your body has been off the pill for longer, and I wish you lots of luck ttc #2

Thanks for the reassurance mrs tccp. My appointment is for the spotting.

It's always great to see a fellow spotter get a bfp!

Welcome smamfa and Thanks for sharing your knowledge on endometriosis. Think that might be my problem too. However not sure how much you can argue for a lap if they dont see anything on an ultrasound Can't believe I have to wait till may to see a gynaecologist!!

Thanks for the reassurance mrs tccp. My appointment is for the spotting.

It's always great to see a fellow spotter get a bfp!

Welcome smamfa and Thanks for sharing your knowledge on endometriosis. Think that might be my problem too. However not sure how much you can argue for a lap if they dont see anything on an ultrasound Can't believe I have to wait till may to see a gynaecologist!!

I hope you get more luck with your FS than I had with mine! Mine says nothing to worry about. Hope he's right. x

daydream - Sounds like a good idea to talk to your dr about it. Is your dr a gp or a fs? I have really not had any success with gps knowing anything about spotting at all. You'd hope a fs would tho! Lots of luck to you!

Mine is a FS. She prescribed progesterone for the spotting thinking that was likely the issue. I'll see what she says given that the progesterone did not help at all.

Daydream, you'll have to keep us all posted on what the doc thinks is the cause of your spotting if progesterone didn't help!

Dreaminghopin, i hope you have some luck at your appt!

AFM, I am on 16DPO today, still spotting, but less. Took an HPT 2 days ago and it was a BFN. Hoping AF gets here soon so I can try my increased dose of Clomid!

Congrats icklebean - fantastic news!

:hi: smamfa

Still no spotting for me and on cd63 so starting to feel a little bit fed up now waiting. Had bloods to check hormones and thyroid etc for my irregular cycles and booked my ultrasound to to if anything unusual is making me spot have irregular cycles or heavy bleeds. Had to change hospital appointment twice as boss wanted me in the office which I think is out of order when it's something medical

Oh Jellycat, CD63? How crap! Hope AF comes for you soon hun. And you Chloe. Obviously I'd rather you got BFP's but it's unlikely now so hope you have better look the next cycle. Chloe are you increasing to 100mg or the 150mg like I think the doc suggested? (or am I getting you mixed up with someone else lol?!)

I'm really pleased with our insemination progress so far, I really think it'll help the swimmers with the pre-seed in the soft cup. And I've been chatting to an old TTC buddy who is due her :baby: in a week and am now super excited. I knew she used softcups & got her BFP, but what I didn't know is DH put his :spermy: in the softcup - she did it exactly how I am doing!! They didn't have :sex: properly at all the cycle she got pg! :dance: I hope I'm not let down as I have a bit of hope for this cycle now x

Oh Jellycat, CD63? How crap! Hope AF comes for you soon hun. And you Chloe. Obviously I'd rather you got BFP's but it's unlikely now so hope you have better look the next cycle. Chloe are you increasing to 100mg or the 150mg like I think the doc suggested? (or am I getting you mixed up with someone else lol?!)

I'm really pleased with our insemination progress so far, I really think it'll help the swimmers with the pre-seed in the soft cup. And I've been chatting to an old TTC buddy who is due her :baby: in a week and am now super excited. I knew she used softcups & got her BFP, but what I didn't know is DH put his :spermy: in the softcup - she did it exactly how I am doing!! They didn't have :sex: properly at all the cycle she got pg! :dance: I hope I'm not let down as I have a bit of hope for this cycle now x

Good luck MrsP - can't hurt can it! I'm also trying something different this month - have ordered an artificial insemination kit LOL! Figured it couldn't hurt and would, I think, help get more action in during my fertile window (it'll be less effort for DH to produce the goods himself than to engage him in sex - so maybe we could aim for sex/AI every day to get as many up there as possible!
I must be mad :dohh:

Ha ha, I'm with you MrsHY! Definitely worth a go! Have you tried softcups? Even if you use a syringe to inseminate it might be worth you using the softcups to keep the swimmers in place? :shrug:. I found a great thread the other day about insemination success stories, I'll see if I can find it for you x

A lady on here I know conceived using self insemination as dh had a bad back at her fertile peak, it worked for her !

Good Luck !

I know this sounds stupid but with softcups i'd be worried I couldnt get it back out again

MrsP & MrsH - good luck with your variations on insemination! I hope they work out for both of you :hugs:

I am going to take 100mg of Clomid unlike the 150mg my doctor suggested (you are right MrsP!). This is up from my last dose of 50mg. I'm also going to go for CD 4-8 instead of 5-9 since i take it at night. I also didn't take the progesterone that she wanted me to take since it would have only delayed AF further, although at this point, its pretty delayed already.

Good luck, MrsPTTC and MrsHY!! If it works out for you, I might follow your steps! DH needs to practice depositing it in a cup for SA anyway! :D

Where do you guys buy softcups? I ordered once from eBay, took forever to arrive. But I don't think they're even sold here in stores...

Hello everyone,

Fingers crossed to those trying something different this month. It is reassuring to know that there is a lot of stuff we can do help things along.

Jellycat sorry to hear that you are on CD63. I hope you manage to make your hospital appointment soon.

Has anyone found that Vitamin B makes them ovulate early? This is my first month taking 100mg. I am on cycle day 7 with ewcm. I normally only get this when I ovulate. OPKs are negative but darker than yesterday. I normally ovulate day 12 but still wonder if my cycles are still messed up following miscarriage. It's times like this I wish I had started charting but really want to avoid having anythng more to obsess about.

x

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Soili I get my soft cups from amazon.

Jellycat, I panicked the first time I used them but its fine now, the rubber ring is stretchy so you can get your finger tip under it & hook it out.

Chloe, good luck with your clomid. Funny I haven't had + opk yet but did cd13 last cycle (cd15 today) & I took the clomid cd3-7 instead of 2-6 as my AF came so late on the night. Coincidence? Perhaps the earlier you take it the earlier you ov? :shrug:

X

Hmm, dreaminghopin, maybe that's why no +opk yet, I havent took the B6 this month, but haven't worn my moonstone either... I did get ewcm yesterday though, & got none last month (damn clomid!) x

Thanks, MrsPTTC! I always forget about Amazon! Hey, apparently there are reusable ones now, but judging by what it says on the site, it's made exactly the same, from same material too, except the container part is more durable. I KNEW IT! I bet regular ones can be reused as well, they just want to market new product and get more money for it ;)

According to what I read, it might be too big for me though. It says if you can't push it pass the pubic bone or if it tends to slide out, then it means it doesn't fit you. I can push it far enough, but it does have a tendency to get squished and pass the pubic bone. And I can always feel it. I wonder if it's even worth it to bother with it then.

Thanks, MrsPTTC! I always forget about Amazon! Hey, apparently there are reusable ones now, but judging by what it says on the site, it's made exactly the same, from same material too, except the container part is more durable. I KNEW IT! I bet regular ones can be reused as well, they just want to market new product and get more money for it ;)

According to what I read, it might be too big for me though. It says if you can't push it pass the pubic bone or if it tends to slide out, then it means it doesn't fit you. I can push it far enough, but it does have a tendency to get squished and pass the pubic bone. And I can always feel it. I wonder if it's even worth it to bother with it then.
hiii hun, you tried consieve plus inserts hun? and a pillow under your bottom after intercourse :)

Hmmm I'm sure they're not for everyone. I felt mine last night but still managed to go to sleep, it wasn't so uncomfortable that it kept me awake lol. I wouldn't like to use them during the day as with all the walking would make me feel it, but its not so bad at night :flower: x

Hi ladies
My AI kit arrived today! So looking forward to that (but want to only rely on it between traditional BD sessions so we don't cut that out of the equation entirely!)
Have had a bit of a 'low day' today (alert, alert - wallowing in self-pity moment coming up). I had a pregnancy announcement from a close friend, and I'm honestly thrilled for her because she's been trying for so long and I believe she had Clomid to get her to ovulate. But I can't help feeling incredibly green-eyed jealous, and upset, and it has made me ask myself if it will EVER happen to me. I know that's irrational and I feel like such a bitch, but I can't help it.
Can someone tell me a joke to cheer me up?
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->