Spotting week before AF every month - anyone else?

Hi, I have a 12 month old son and I had spotting issues for about 10 months prior to conceiving him. I hoped that being pregnant would make my AF go back to how it use to be - 28day cycle and 7 days of AF - but it didn't it's just gone back to about 3 days of spotting before AF and a couple of days after.

When I fell pregnant though I had no spotting at all. I did have low iron store though, which I wonder if it was because I was bleeding for so many days?

I'm still not 100% sure if I am actually experiencing spotting or the length of my period has just increased and starts/ends now very lightly.

This is a wonderful hope story, thanks for sharing, and congrats on your first little one, hope your next comes soon! :flower:

AFM, today marks 2 weeks until i see the doctor, excited and nervous!

Hi Ladies,
I hope everyone is well.
I feel really low today and a little bit worried. No bfp for me this month as the witch got me on Wednesday right in the middle of my coploscopy which was very embarrassing. I'm worried because they think they have found some pre-cancerous cells and took a biopsy. It was really unpleasant and painful and I don't fancy a repeat of it any time soon. The thing is that I am supposed ring up to arrange a hsg this month but don't think I can go through with it. The gyno said there would be no problem if I did do it. I'm a bit of a wuss and I need your thoughts on whether I should arrange one. Thank you in anticipation xxx

happyshopper1, massive HUGS!!! :hugs: I really hope it's nothing! I heard about girls getting "abnormal" pap results, which in the end turned out to be nothing.

As for the HSG, I know it's more of a physiological issue. If they send me for one (and I expect they will at some point) I'll be torturing myself as well. A girl here on the forum once told me that it really ain't anything more than a regular pap smear with a couple more bystanders. It put my mind at ease a bit. So I just to think of it that way. But if you feel that you'll deal with it better if it's next month or the one after, then do it like that! Putting yourself into extra stress because of doctors is really not worth it! (now if only I could listen to that myself :D)

Almostthere – sorry you’re feeling so down hun, & sorry about the :witch: :hugs:. But remember 6 months is completely normal so try not to fret too much as you may have a long way to go, though hopefully you'll be much luckier than some of us on here.

Sharnw – did your spotting arrive hun? Hope it hasn’t!! And don’t worry about posting non spotting related things hun, we’re all here to support each other with anything :flower:. A good friend of mine had been using the pull out method for years and it took her 7 months of proper TTC to get preggo….

Dreaminhoping – mile high club?! :rofl: I would be too scared of getting caught! Sorry AF got you hun & also DH’s SA results :hugs:. A girl on another thread's DH has zero count and he’s started taking hormones as they think it’ll help so I’m sure your DH will be fine, it sounds like there’s hope for everyone. I also think you had some weird answers to your questions at your appt. I didn’t think it sent any signals until after implantation either :shrug: And yes why prescribe progesterone if they don’t think it’s a problem. And the 14 day LP thing made me chuckle :haha: A friend of mine’s Dr said that too, and my FS said a 12 day LP isn’t normal :saywhat: and 14 days is normal, then proceeded to tell me my LP on my first clomid cycle was 14 days when I know it was only 12! :dohh:

Ginny – welcome! :wave:

Soili – thanks for the advice hun, it’s actually already healed, he said he could see the scar and he doesn’t know how I wasn’t in loads of pain! :wacko: It did hurt when I went to the loo but not much afterwards and he reckons I’ve got a high pain threshold! I told him no way I am a right wimp.

MrsHY – sorry you’ve been having some problems too. Glad you enjoyed the reflexology and you’re in the 2WW! (But no I think cutting out the :wine: is impossible until you get a BFP lol!)

Liz – sorry you’ve not had much luck with that Dr, they just don’t seem to want to do anything about us spotters, cos it’s “normal” :dohh:

Daydream I’m with you, it’s so much better to talk about it, though I’m not shouting it from the rooftops. The pity you get from people is the worst thing though, makes you feel like a failure even though they don’t mean to, they’re just being nice and supportive.

Yum, I’m glad it was nothing too bad hun, and funny you’re having the fissures too, and MrsHY!

Expat – sending you lots of :dust:. What happened with your spotting?

Happyshopper – so sorry AF came and major bummer about the cells. I REALLY hope it’s nothing hun, make sure you keep us posted, :hugs:. As for the HSG, mine was fine, a little bit painful but not much, and I forgot to take my pain killers before the appt! I was a little crampy, like AF’s a few hours later but I was at work and was fine.

AFM, I'm on clomid tablet number two, but forgot to take number one until CD 4, so it'll be 4-8 this month instead of 2-6, oopsie! x

Hi Ladies,
I hope everyone is well.
I feel really low today and a little bit worried. No bfp for me this month as the witch got me on Wednesday right in the middle of my coploscopy which was very embarrassing. I'm worried because they think they have found some pre-cancerous cells and took a biopsy. It was really unpleasant and painful and I don't fancy a repeat of it any time soon. The thing is that I am supposed ring up to arrange a hsg this month but don't think I can go through with it. The gyno said there would be no problem if I did do it. I'm a bit of a wuss and I need your thoughts on whether I should arrange one. Thank you in anticipation xxx

Oh gosh so sorry it came during the procedure! I've had that happen during my annual exam and it's always embarrassing no matter how the doctors say it happens all the time. GL with the HSG. I would just get it over with. It's never going to be comfortable but I don't think it's supposed to be really painful. :hugs:

Spotting is heavier now, so I'm out :( BFN this am; had to test. happyshopper, big hugs to you from me as well

Happy shopper, so sorry Hun :hugs: hope it's nothin..some get abnormal paps & mostly turns out to b nothin..if u can't go thru with it now, I suggest u take a break, get some breathing time & get it next month! Many say it's just like pap ! Whenever u decide to go thru with it, hope it'll be easy :hugs:

Expat - sorry abt the bfn Hun :hugs:

Dreaminhopin, sorry u couldn't get proper ans! 14 days lp :shock:

Almost there- sorry u r feelin bad Hun :hugs: i knw how u feel but 6 months is really normal...

Baby dust to all !

Thanks for your responses everyone.

Happyshopper I hope you are ok and don’t have to wait too long for results. If you would prefer to have hsg later then this is perfectly fine. We are all here to support you.

The meeting with my gynaecologist has certainly threw up more questions than answers. I have been doing some research on progesterone levels. Mine was 34 at 7 dpo. I can’t find much information typical levels. As usual, there is a lot of conflicting information. My gp said this means I am ovulating but I did come across this in another thread:

Leeds teaching hostpitals website:

"Day 21 progesterone (nmol/L) for evaluation of the function of the corpus luteum:

Day 21 progesterone is a misnomer as it is only correct for women with 28 day cycles. In order to assess optimal luteal function, progesterone measurements should ideally be made 7 days prior to the next menstrual bleed.

< 35 = poor luteal function: ovulation unlikely

35-70 = optimal luteal function indicating ovulation likely

> 70 = may indicate suboptimal luteal function unless there is multiple ovulation due to either spontaneous occurrence or due to induction by clomiphene"

Therefore according to this, I am not ovulating. Surely my GP and gynaecologist would have told me this. They interpreted this results as I am ovulating.

Has anyone else had 7 dpo bloods taken? What were your levels and are you able to shed any light?

On the other hand, maybe we do all have to accept that these people are experts and when they say bleeding before AF is normal then accept this as we have all seen ladies on this thread.

Still deciding whether to let nature take its course or use progesterone supplement this cycle as I have heard this can also play havoc with your cycle.

Bought hubby vitamins to boost sperm and asked him to cut out tea, coffee as other than that he is pretty healthy. He is really upsetting me just now cause he wants to wait for 2nd results to get a true picture first and not one that is going to be skewed due to supplements and changing his diet. Have tried to explain to him that these changes would not kick in until a few months anyway and his appointment is next week but think he is just getting fed up with me at the moment. We have a great relationship but this TTC really does take its toll.

Having a couples night with two friends who have recently announced a Christmas baby and honeymoon baby. So happy for them and keep telling myself how much I love children and if it doesn&#8217;t happen for us then it is good we have so many friends and family in our life who have children. It helps some of the time.

Just feeling really worried about things at the moment.

Thank you for listening.

Hi ladies just wanted to double thank you all for being such great support! It makes me feel better hearing that 6 months is normal...cd4 for me, already no af...they are so dang light and short it scares me sometimes! Anhywho, on a bright note, just got my new car yesterday, well a 2009 used honda crv ex-l so perfect mommy car-nice safe reliable suv-so this is cheering me up and making me feel more prepared! Valentines day is coming up soon, so this should help us all (who celebrate) to enjoy the night more so than usual if ykwim ;)

Dreaminghopin - if your bbt charts show a rise after ovulation, I would feel pretty confident if I were you that you were ovulating. Plus your progesterone levels were so close. My RE doesn't do CD21 draws because she said progesterone levels can fluctuate all day so they're not super reliable, she just goes straight to prescribing prometrium. As for it messing with your cycle, I only start taking once I've received my crosshairs on FF. then I test at 14dpo, if neg, I stop taking it and AF comes a couple days later. The only way my cycle changes is that my longest LP has only been 13dpo naturally, so it does lengthen it.

Almosthere - congrats on the new car!! :happydance:

Hi everyone,
Thank you all for your support and kind words, it means a lot to me to get it off my chest. I feel heaps better since when I last posted. I'm going to try to get my HSG booked in this month. I think knowing that my tubes are ok will help me relax much more. I'm going to make sure I take painkillers though.
MrsPTTC, sorry the witch got you too. If clomid is anything like soya isoflavones (and I think it is) the later you take it the stronger the egg. I really hope it improves your chances this month xxx
Dreamin, I had my blood taken once and it was 69 but I have a confession to make as I was using internet bought progesterone cream at the time. I didnt want to waste a cycle and it was really silly. Progesterone cream made no difference to my LP though xxx
Sorry expat about the spotting. FX you have a bfp next time xxx
Good luck everyone and sending lots of :dust: xxx

Happyshopper, sorry the :witch: got you! Good luck with your followup. I have friends who have had that problem and the cells were just scraped off and everything was then fine. :hugs:

MrsP - I hope this round of Clomid works for you! Which round is it?

expat - sorry the spotting started this cycle :hugs:

Dreaming - i had my progesterone taken sometime in the LP after what i think was O and it was 5 ng/ml. I'm not sure what units yours uses, but my doc didn't say anything was bad from it. If you are in mmol/l, then that is only 15.9.

AFM, I got my second LH surge and +OPK this cycle, about 9 days after my first +OPK. I still haven't seen any temp spikes to go without either +OPK though:shrug: This is really frustrating me. I had stabbing pains by my ovaries both times I had my +OPKs, this last time on the Left side. No EWCM this time tho, but had it with the first +OPK this cycle. I really hate this! On the up side, DH made an appt for a SA for march 5, so hopefully we can rule him out as any sort of problem and only work on fixing me! And i have an apt with an RE on march 13, but I'm not sure if i will keep it. I feel weird going in before its been 1 year TTC, and I don't want to be judged.

Happy shopper :hugs: glad you've decided to go this month. Sorry AF arrived

Expat - :-( sorry the spotting started again this cycle

Chloe - I would keep the appointment if they have booked it there's nothing wrong going slightly before the 1 year.

Afm - got one wipe of spotting last night, hoping that's a good sign that AF will arrive and can hope for a 'normal working' cycle next time

Dreaminghopin - if your bbt charts show a rise after ovulation, I would feel pretty confident if I were you that you were ovulating. Plus your progesterone levels were so close. My RE doesn't do CD21 draws because she said progesterone levels can fluctuate all day so they're not super reliable, she just goes straight to prescribing prometrium. As for it messing with your cycle, I only start taking once I've received my crosshairs on FF. then I test at 14dpo, if neg, I stop taking it and AF comes a couple days later. The only way my cycle changes is that my longest LP has only been 13dpo naturally, so it does lengthen it.

Almosthere - congrats on the new car!! :happydance:

Thanks daydream. I'm pretty sure I ovulate as GP said 21 day bloods confirm this. However they were taken the cycle I had a chemical pregnancy so think test is skewed and even at that, 34 is below average. Think I am going to take prescribed progesterone this cycle.

Hi everyone,
Thank you all for your support and kind words, it means a lot to me to get it off my chest. I feel heaps better since when I last posted. I'm going to try to get my HSG booked in this month. I think knowing that my tubes are ok will help me relax much more. I'm going to make sure I take painkillers though.
MrsPTTC, sorry the witch got you too. If clomid is anything like soya isoflavones (and I think it is) the later you take it the stronger the egg. I really hope it improves your chances this month xxx
Dreamin, I had my blood taken once and it was 69 but I have a confession to make as I was using internet bought progesterone cream at the time. I didnt want to waste a cycle and it was really silly. Progesterone cream made no difference to my LP though xxx
Sorry expat about the spotting. FX you have a bfp next time xxx
Good luck everyone and sending lots of :dust: xxx

I am sure you will be fine happyshopper. Hope you managed to get it booked. Wow 69 is great, even if you were using cream. Did you still spot that cycle?

Happyshopper, sorry the :witch: got you! Good luck with your followup. I have friends who have had that problem and the cells were just scraped off and everything was then fine. :hugs:

MrsP - I hope this round of Clomid works for you! Which round is it?

expat - sorry the spotting started this cycle :hugs:

Dreaming - i had my progesterone taken sometime in the LP after what i think was O and it was 5 ng/ml. I'm not sure what units yours uses, but my doc didn't say anything was bad from it. If you are in mmol/l, then that is only 15.9.

AFM, I got my second LH surge and +OPK this cycle, about 9 days after my first +OPK. I still haven't seen any temp spikes to go without either +OPK though:shrug: This is really frustrating me. I had stabbing pains by my ovaries both times I had my +OPKs, this last time on the Left side. No EWCM this time tho, but had it with the first +OPK this cycle. I really hate this! On the up side, DH made an appt for a SA for march 5, so hopefully we can rule him out as any sort of problem and only work on fixing me! And i have an apt with an RE on march 13, but I'm not sure if i will keep it. I feel weird going in before its been 1 year TTC, and I don't want to be judged.

Hi Chloe this has happened to me before. Did you have negative OPKs inbetween? If in doubt BD BD BD and you may have a BFP before your RE appointment :))

I'm 9DPO today.... which is when I started spotting last cycle. FX that the spotting stays away!

gl to those in their twws!

chloe-if this doesnt usually happen, you could be pregnant! opks can pick up hcg, eeek! keep us posted! I know that when i opk i get 4-5 pos opks in a row for 4-5 days, so crazy! i stop after day 4 or 5, but wonder why i get so many.

just an update, on cd6 today, this is such a slow cycle, ovulation time come faster please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->