Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Oh and by the way I have started getting Braxton hicks!! Wasn't sure at first but the tightening made me really wanna pee and was on and off so figured it must be them!

Also I thought I woke up in the middle of the night to find my nipple had leaked, but now I don't know if that was just a dream haha!!!

Bailey - sorry to hear about your test being cancelled but perhaps it's fate!

Btw how do you know they are Brixton hicks? I thought you didn't get them until much later on? I haven't really read up on Brixton hicks so not sure!

I just had a very teary, hormonal moment.. he/she is kicking all the time, whenever I am still, sat down, lying down .. Or not walking basically!
It moves and kicks/punches me all the time!
I am also starting to think that he or she could have hiccups as it has little bursts of movement in the same place.. And I just saw him or her move on the outside of my belly for the first time!
Wow.. And now I can't stop staring at my belly as its moving around.. I was eating a piece of pear, and put it on my tummy where it was moving, and when the baby kicked it made the pear fall off!!!!

I didn't expect it to happen so often, but it must be a restless little bugger like its dad! I just got very overwhelmed and reality hit that there is a baby in there, and it is very real, and I am going to have it in my arms in about 17 weeks!!
X

Hi jersey!

You can get Braxton hicks as early as the first tri Hun, they just can't always be felt. I wasn't sure if it was them at first, but as I was walking to work yesterday I felt my womb tightening, and all of a sudden my bladder felt really compressed too, then it eased off, and after a minute or two it came back. I think it was Braxton hicks anyway lol! But every now and again I get these tightening feelings. They aren't painful, just uncomfortable and my stomach goes really hard.

Aw bless you for feeling all emotional, I get like that sometimes, when the reality hits that I am finally going to be a mum!! Well I guess I already am a mum coz she's definitely there and she's my daughter!! I just can't wait to meet her now!

Jersey~ :hugs: :hugs:

Bailey~ Thanks, I'm okay.. I do feel a bit crampy though, I hope it's normal and doesn't mean anything. At least gummy bear is doing great in there, kicking away as I type. Sorry your test got canceled. :/ Sounds like BH to me! Wow, it's amazing how far we've come.. :)

This preggo brain is bad. I thought today was Friday :blush::haha:

Those sound like BH for sure Bailey. For me they start with feeling like I have to pee, then my belly lifts and goes hard. With my younger son I had to take a break during my 18 week ultrasound because I was having so many. I haven't had as many yet with this pregnancy. Maybe one every few days.

Jersey I love your pear story. I look forward to watching my belly move. So much fun.

I'm 20 weeks today; half way there!!!

So exciting, the kicking and wobbling :) bailey, the fat comments are inexcusable. I would just flat out tell your coworkers that you don't appreciate their comments. I keep hearing how small I am for 24 weeks and its making me paranoid that my baby isn't growing properly...ironic, isn't it?

Think maybe I had a bh contraction once, but not sure.

Ttc, good luck this month :)

Hey bailey I've had Braxton hicks twice Hun... Totally normal...but uncomfortable. Xx

Hey ladies :wave: hope u are all well. Xx

Ttc1~ People are never satisfied, are they? Too big, too small, too this, too that. Could just be how your body was designed to carry, as long as baby looks good.. :flower:

:hi: Cheryl! :)

All the positive thoughts worked, thanks ladies! :D Cervix is still nice and long with no funneling! Peri said whatever I'm doing, keep it up because it's working. Gummy bear was flipping around, trying to hide this time. :haha: Next check up is on the 18th.

Yay thats awesome pinkorblue!!! So happy to hear that!!

Ttc1at34 - yeah I think everyone thinks that they can be judge and jury of everything when you are preggo dont they? What you eat, drink, how you look, what you weigh......getting used to it now and just ignoring it all and doing what I want and what I am happy with, just smiling and nodding along lol! But every now and again I just think leave me alone lol!!!

Strange how all these things like BH and possible leaking nipples gets me all excited!! I often wonder if I am more excited by these things because of my previous loss or not? I know a lot of pregnant women would probably just find these things annoying or not really pay much attention but to me its awesome!!! Even the hip ache is a good thing (in a weird way!!) and although I complain I cant sleep I know its for a good reason. Anyone else feel the same?

Yeah pinkorblue :) so good...x

Had another person saying my face was fatter how do ppl think when ur pg ur going to want to hear this.... I'm loaded with the cold it's a nightmare I'm fed up blowing my nose :(

Strange how all these things like BH and possible leaking nipples gets me all excited!! I often wonder if I am more excited by these things because of my previous loss or not? I know a lot of pregnant women would probably just find these things annoying or not really pay much attention but to me its awesome!!! Even the hip ache is a good thing (in a weird way!!) and although I complain I cant sleep I know its for a good reason. Anyone else feel the same?

I agree with you bailey and feel the same! I get SO excited at every single movement I feel, and all the other things like leaking nipples etc! HAHAHAHAHAAHA

So, yesterday I think I may have had BH.. After wondering about it! So strange! I was walking along and felt my belly go hard, and felt a pressure like feeling under my belly button, then it went back to normal! .. It did this a few times.. Think it may be BH ..?

I think I am going to go and see the midwife asap about my hip/ pelvic pain.. I accept it is all part and parcel of carrying my rainbow little karate kicker, but the pain is so bad at night I am literally only getting a couple of hours a night.. I have to get up and try to stretch, and I am constantly tossing from one side to the other because after 5/10 mins of being on one side it hurts so bad I have to try the other, and I'm in this vicious circle all night long!

I've tried the pillow in between my knees, behind my back, hot bath, hot water bottle to relax muscles, excercise (walking - none, some and probably too much!)
Anyone got any other suggestions on how to relieve it or help?
Xxxx

Yeah pinkorblue :) so good...x

Had another person saying my face was fatter how do ppl think when ur pg ur going to want to hear this.... I'm loaded with the cold it's a nightmare I'm fed up blowing my nose :(

Cheryl, I know how you feel, people seriously think they can say what they want and we won't mind cos we are pregnant! I have people saying some god awful things, but I just laugh and think... Wait until your pregnant, you'll know how it feels! Don't let it get to you!

Hope your cold gets better! I just hate being bunged up and sniffly! X

Cheryl - hope your cold gets better Hun, as of being pregnant isn't hard enough without a cold too!!! And I'd just start telling other people they look fat Hun, see how they like it lol! Least you know yours is baby related and will drop off after you've had him!

Jersey - I am the exact same with the hip!!! Rainkat says a belly band really helps her, and I have also found that if I lie on pillows too, I have three pillows in a row under my head, chest and hips as well as a little wedge pillow inbetween my legs. I have done this the last two nights and slept much better. Still waking up every now and again but not as much and not as much pain in my hips. I'll see if I can add a link to the wedge pillow I bought. Oh and on top of my top pillow I put my V neck pillow so my heads slightly raised to the rest of my body.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004E23GVA

It's something like this I've got

Yes! Supporting my hips during the day has completely erased the pain at night. The band I have is a piece of stretchy fabric about 4 feet long. Wrap it around your hips the same way you would wrap a tensor bandage around a sprained ankle. The one I have goes over top of my clothes but you can get different styles. Ask your midwife. Mine gave me this one. She must be sent samples from the company. They retail for $50 here. I'm happy I didn't have to pay for it but it would be worth every penny.

Bailey I know what you mean about symptoms. I felt almost wistful when my gums bled while brushing yesterday :haha:

Cheryl that is ridiculous. People can be so rude. I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Oh Cheryl, that's not nice! With my last pregnancy I was countering every negative "compliment" reflectively. So when someone would say I was carrying it in my hips, I would say "You are too! Oh, but you're not pregnant, but your weight is all going to your hips." People begin to realize how much of a non-compliment it is. Next time you hear something about your face you should just say "Oh yours is getting rounder too!" See how they like it!

Cheryl~ Sorry you're dealing with a cold, I hope you feel better. :hugs: They really should have those comments thrown back at them.

Jersey~ I hope you're able to find relief for your hip pains at night.

Bailey~ Me too, especially now. :flower:

Just curious if anyone has actually seen any leaking? I feel like I have wet spots on and off throughout the day but there's never anything there..

No leaking here. I know it started fairly early on with my first. I was still nursing when I was pregnant with my second. I don't remember leaking at all with my third.

Hi mightymom :hi: how's little Colton doing?

Pink - I've not actually seen the leaking either, I've had 2 occassions where my top was wet round the nipple (one of which I thought was a dream haha) and also noticed (sorry tmi) that there was something sort of crystallised on the end of my nipple if that makes sense. But not actually seen it actually leaking.

Rainkat - I'm gonna ask my MW about one of those bands.

:hi: Bailey!

He's been kicking away today. I think I felt him turn completely around earlier, the kicks were all on the right then he did a somersault, now the kicks are all on the left. I had some massive intestinal cramping earlier, it hurt something awful. I need to remember not to eat ice cream! I've been so tired all day. I slept for a couple hours at supper time, I couldn't help it.

I've had some leaking, I can make it come out if I want. It's weird because I had residual milk from BFing my DD, but it stopped when I got pregnant this go round (it didn't my last three pregnancies). I'm kind of excited to be leaking, makes me feel like i'm getting closer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->