Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

I haven't had any leakage yet, it can stay away for a while longer...I am still weirded out by the fact that stuff is going to come out of my boobs.

Anatomy scan Tuesday!!

Kat~ I don't remember feeling this with my previous pregnancies either, I wonder if timing has anything to do with it. I had years between pregnancies before my loss and only successfully bf DS2..

Bailey~ That makes sense. :) I guess mine is like phantom leaking.. :haha:

Mighty~ Glad Colton is having fun in there! My boobs have declared hands off, they're really sensitive again.

Roma~ Yay, only two more sleeps! Can't wait for your update! :D

Hi Ladies!I was away for the weekend with dh so not online. Just trying to catch up.
Roma- can't wait to hear your update!!
Pink- haven't had any leakage but my boobs are still super tender.
Rainkat- had a great time looking at all the cute little clothes yesterday! Thanks for the walk too!
Bailey- hi! Have you worn your beautiful polka dot dress yet??
AFM- feeling her move so much these days! I call her little marathon legs now because y dh and I both run marathons and I'm convinced she is constantly running!!

Hi Ladies!I was away for the weekend with dh so not online. Just trying to catch up.
Roma- can't wait to hear your update!!
Pink- haven't had any leakage but my boobs are still super tender.
Rainkat- had a great time looking at all the cute little clothes yesterday! Thanks for the walk too!
Bailey- hi! Have you worn your beautiful polka dot dress yet??
AFM- feeling her move so much these days! I call her little marathon legs now because y dh and I both run marathons and I'm convinced she is constantly running!!

Marathongirl- OMG!!! A BABY GIRL!! Yay! Team pink rocks! I am totally stalking your thread btw :haha: Congratulations! Any names yet? :huh: :hugs: :hugs: :hug:

Hey ladies. Not been on for ages coz so busy with work and Christmas stuff!!

Awww bless your little girl and her marathon legs MG!!!

How's everyone doing this week? Everyone ready for Christmas?!

It's V day for me and Jersey bean!!! Yay!!

And this morning felt like a scene from Alien, I woke up and rolled onto my back coz my hip was killing me, and Millie's head was actually protruding!!! I woke df up and placed his hand on her head and said "can you feel that? That's your daughters head!!" In his half asleep state all he said was "it's hard isn't it" lol bless him!!! It was so amazing and so surreal!!!

Marathon~ Yay for your baby girl moving so much! :D

Bailey~ Aww, go Millie!! :) Congrats to you and Jersey getting to V-Day! :happydance:

AFM~ I'm battling a terrible cold at the moment. DH and I will be starting our Christmas shopping today, a very late start for us since we usually get it done a month or two before. DH and the boys did a lovely job with the tree! :) Christmas dinner shopping all set for next weekend. G-bear has been having a blast, bouncing all over the place, I love it! :cloud9:

Hope everyone else is doing well.. :flower:

Woohoo V day!

So glad to get to this point! Although I am worrying myself for nothing these days.. Little one has been so active non stop the past 2 weeks, and it's amazing, but the past 2 days its been all quiet apart from the odd mini poke at night when I get into bed.. Was worried as I didn't know if it should be going from really active to not very active., but the more I googled it the more I got worried..
Had an appointment at the midwives today, and asked her and she said it was completely normal at this stage!
She also said that you should start counting/keeping an eye on kicks and movements from 26 weeks... Anyone else been told the same?

I also asked her about my pelvic and hip pain, and she said it is PGP.. Pelvic girdle pain.. So got myself a belt,and need to go see doctor so she can refer me to a physio! And it's only gonna get worse apparently!
Oh we'll.. Pain for the next 16 weeks is worth a lifetime of love and happiness with my baby boy or girl! X

Ready for Xmas.. Just got about 2 more pressies to buy! Excited about Xmas with the family, and then we have 4 friends from jersey coming to denmark for new year so it will be lovely!
X

JerseyBean: I just had two days of no movement and freaked out. Long story short I went to the ER, heartbeat was heard and seen, and baby promptly started kicking again once the u/s tech prodded at him. Lesson one: must buy a doppler for my peace of mind. Lesson two: Colton will do what he wants. ;)

JerseyBean: I just had two days of no movement and freaked out. Long story short I went to the ER, heartbeat was heard and seen, and baby promptly started kicking again once the u/s tech prodded at him. Lesson one: must buy a doppler for my peace of mind. Lesson two: Colton will do what he wants. ;)

You're lucky they scanned you, I'm not sure they would everywhere.. If they tell you not to start counting and monitoring kicks and movement until at least 26 weeks, then I'm not sure they would scan you if you went to the ER before the 26 week mark.. Otherwise they would have every pregnant woman in the town/city going in all the time if they hadn't felt movement!

Glad you heard and seen Colton! I don't have a Doppler either.. Didn't want to go all compulsive obsessive on myself and DH! Hahaha xxx

Well given my history of miscarriage they just wanted to be cautious. Plus I've been spotting off and on so they wanted to take a look. I actually would have been happy to go home after the doppler, but they weren't having it. :)

Hello Ladies! Nice hear from everyone!!
Congrats on v-day Bailey and Jersey! Can't wait to join you ladies! I noticed as well baby stays the size of a papaya for a few weeks! I was getting used to seeing what the next one was every week.
MightyMom- so glad that Colton is doing well and you got to see him. I love my Doppler for that reason!

Pink- glad you are gettting you Christmas shopping done.

AFM- I feel so much better after yesterday as I had the day off work and got so much done! I got 85% of my kid's stuff and only have dh to buy for. He will be easy I just have to do it! The kids and I decorated the tree on Tues and the house is decorated. I feel like it's just sneaking up on me this year. Looking forward ti having a few days to relax!!

Well given my history of miscarriage they just wanted to be cautious. Plus I've been spotting off and on so they wanted to take a look. I actually would have been happy to go home after the doppler, but they weren't having it. :)

Oh mightymom I wasn't implying that you shouldn't have been scanned at all, I understand due to you history they would be more than careful!
It probably didn't come across as I meant it.. If I went to the hospital, even after 2 miscarriages, I'm not sure they would scan me, as I'm sure they get a lot of first time moms doing that !

Hope you didn't take offence to it! Xxxx

Hello ladies!!

Mightymom - sorry Colton gave you a scare but glad he is ok!! Little monkeys aren't they lol!! I would deffo recommend a Doppler, mines a god send, especially after I had that bleeding too.

Jersey - yeah I have had the same with Millie with the movement, some days she is way more active than others and it freaks me out! But my MW also said its normal, and yeah se said to monitor movement but said we don't count kicks anymore, coz that can cause unnecessary worry. She said I should just note her usual pattern and keep an eye out for long periods of inactivity, and if worried lay on my left side and move my hand around where she is to "wake her up" if I can't feel anything when usually I would.

Roma - yay can't wait for Tuesday!!! I'm predicting team pink for you!

Pink - yay for Xmas shopping! I've got all mine sorted now, just the fresh food to get now! Quite excited, it will be strange as this will be our last Xmas as just a couple, next year we will be a family!

MG - yeah apparently we are papayas for 3 weeks!! If you go on the bump website though it gives you different fruits for each week, just not on the tickers for some reason!
I've spoiled df this Xmas, I've told him that next year he won't get owt coz it will all be for our daughter lol!! What are you getting dh?

Hope everyone else is ok!! Any new scans or appointments upcoming ladies? I just had my 24 week MW appointment and they found proteins and lucocytes in my urine, so they are running tests. It's most likely a UTI but could be a kidney problem. Should find out Monday. Other than that Millie's heart rate was great (144) my bp was ok (140/70) and she said that her head is at my belly button and feet digging in my right side lol!!

Hi Ladies! Had a busy day with dance and hockey. Rainkat and I met up at a store to look at Baby Legs! Have you other Ladies heard of them? They are like little leg Warner's that cover baby's whole leg. They come in beautiful colors and patterns!

Bailey- glad your apt went well! I am getting dh a couple of bottles if his favorite wine that he won't buy himself. I'm also getting him his fav( and mine too) cologne. Some chocolate and other little things. Nothing crazy this year as we are pretty broke.

Roma- I thought you had your scan last Tues?

Bailey~ I hope your test results come back okay but glad you had a good appointment otherwise. :) Glad your shopping is pretty much done, yay!

Marathon~ Sounds like you and Kat had fun! I love baby legs! :D I still have a couple of them from DS3 but I need a few more. I'm hoping my friend still makes them because I haven't seen them in stores? Definitely on my purchase list for 2013 though.

Our finances took a dive this year too, but we only have one more store to visit and our shopping will be done. DH made it easy, he just wants fudge for Christmas. :haha: Mine is simple, just keep this baby cooking and I'll be more than happy to have my belated X-mas gift in April. ;)

Hey bailey I've had Braxton hicks twice Hun... Totally normal...but uncomfortable. Xx

Hey ladies :wave: hope u are all well. Xx

:hi: Cheryl! I'm ok...very cynical this cycle...not feeling preggers at all. no clue what dpo i am...i think 12...BFN's last 3 days. :-( One of these days it will be my turn...bahumbug!

Hey ladies,

Had my scan on Tuesday, it was both disappointing and worrisome.

The sonographer couldn't tell the gender. She didn't look very hard in my opinion, but oh well.

I met with my GP immediately after who informed me that the baby was "on the small side" and was in the 7th percentile for growth. So I have been worrying about that a lot...trying not to but not exactly what I wanted to hear.

She put me ahead a week when I saw her at 15 weeks, insisting that I was in fact 16 weeks since I measured 7w at my 6w scan and 13w at my 12w scan. I am 100% sure about my LMP, so maybe that is why s/he is measuring so small? S/he is obviously a bit little but maybe it seems more so when being compared to babies that are a week ahead in gestation? The sonographer even said that baby was measuring closer to my LMP dates than the US dates.

I just don't know what to think...I've been trying not to worry. Nothing encouraging comes up when I google "fetal growth in 7th percentile".

:(

I made this post about it:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...1584533-baby-7th-percentile-very-worried.html

Oh and I saw my OB/GYN the day before the anatomy scan, and he did an US in his office and was able to tell me that the baby weighs 1lb. His machine is not nearly as sophisticated as the one at the US clinic but he still did some measurements and did not seem concerned or say anything suggesting the baby is small. He still uses my LMP to calculate my EDD and he has seen the results of both my 6w and 12w USs that suggested I am a week further ahead than I am.

Roma I'm sorry baby wouldn't cooperate. Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about the baby's size as long as your doctor doesn't seem concerned. Easier said than done I know!

Here's an ultrasound accuracy story for you: My friend was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when she was expecting her son 12 years ago. Toward the end of her pregnancy she had an ultrasound and it was determined that the baby was under 5 lbs. She was diagnosed with IUGR and induced the next day. Baby was over 7 lbs. OOPS!

I'm sure you are right about your dates and your baby grew fast at the beginning and is evening out now. You're probably closer to 50th based on LMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->