Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Does anyone else have a fur baby? I have a 6 year old affenpincher who is going to be very displaced when he is no longer the baby in the family.
I bought a gliding chair for nursing and I thought I would ease the transition a little by not allowing him on the chair or on me when I'm sitting there right from the start. I covered the chair with a blanket because I don't fully trust him not to try to mark it as his. He's been neutered and hasn't peed in the house for ages but in the past that was his behavior when he was stressed. He knows something is up. Check out his new permanent spot:

Attachments

• george's new spot.jpg
    george's new spot.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
And here's a pic of my first big purchase. Early Christmas present for me! I managed to get a great deal on our local used classified ads. It's so comfy and the back is high enough to rest my head. I haven't started putting the nursery together yet but once I do it will go in there.

Attachments

• rocker.jpg
    rocker.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies

Roma I'm sure ur baby is just fine Hun....xxx

My fur baby is gus the beagle. Xxx

Don't kno how it's upside down

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
cute pics Ladies!! I saw Rainkat's rocker today it's totally gorgeous. Now I want one.

Roma- I wouldn't worry. I know that's not easy to do but I'm sure if you go by LMP than your little bean is measuring perfect! Sorry about not seeing the gender.

Pink- The baby legs are at a few stores here. Let me know if you want me to send some your way!!

AFM- Had my doctor apt today. I measured exactly what I should for 22.5 weeks. I have gained 15lbs already which seems like a lot but I'm not worried about it as it's all in my belly.

CherylC3 Gus is adorable, even upside down lol.

Marathongirl that weight is ALL in your belly. I can't believe how much bigger your bump is than mine. I haven't gained anything since 10 weeks. Good thing I can feel LO jumping around all the time or I might be worried.

I'm in love with babylegs. I can see an addiction in the making :haha:

Roma~ :hugs: Sorry you had such a worrisome scan visit but I agree, if baby is measuring closer to your LMP, than he/she should be just fine. Are they going to do a follow up scan?

Cheryl~ Such a sweet fur baby!! :D

Kat~ You too! So adorable and great chair!! Right, baby legs are awesome! :thumbup:

Marathon~ Glad to hear you're measuring well. :) Thank you so much for offering to do that for me, I'll definitely let you know! :flower:

Where is everyone??

We are having the most horrendous weather today. Cold and windy with sideways rain!! Looking forward to a day off work tomorrow to wrap up my Christmas shopping. My Mom also arrives so it will get busy!

I ventured out in the storm and happened upon a great sale. I was in such a rush I made quick decisions and tried to keep my total to $50. Now that I see all I got for that I might go back tonight. Here's my haul... 9 dresses! The matching ones are for my baby and my brother's baby who's due the beginning of February. I might wrap them up as a Christmas present for my mom. She's so excited to be having 2 granddaughters so close together.

Attachments

• baby dresses.jpg
    baby dresses.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 6
Rainkat- That stuff is so cute!!! I would love to go tomorrow do you want to meet in the morning?

How is everyone else doing?

Just stopping in to say HAPPY V Days! Whether its passed or it will soon. :wohoo: Won't be long before lots of bundles start appearing in here. :)

Kat~ You have awesome luck in the shopping department, I think I should fly over and tag along with you and Marathon. ;) Such adorable dresses!!

:hi: Leinz! Yay for next month, how exciting your sweet baby girl is almost here! :)

I'm very happy, my cold is gone! All that garlic paid off lol. :D Got a couple of odds and ends for next week, so hopefully that's the last of visiting stores for a bit. Baby/pregnancy news: Everything is still looking good, getting a bit more crampy lately and BH have increased too. So the Peri arranged for me join the preemie program a little ahead of schedule and my first of many weekly phone calls with the nurse is next week. Planning for a nice quiet holiday at home. :)

Woohoo, I'm a mango!!!

Marathongirl and I met up at Gymboree this morning. They had put out stock they didn't have yesterday. I bought more :blush:

We got the cutest matching dresses and hats for our girls. So cute I can't stand it!! We have to do a photo shoot when they're big enough.

Pinkorblue glad you're feeling better. Hopefully LO will stay nicely snugged in for a few more months.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Yes that was so fun yesterday Rainkat!!We did get some cute things. I can't wait to see what else you picked out after I left! My kids thought the stuff was really cute as well both DD and DS.

Pink- Glad that your cervix is still behaving.I feel like I a getting ore BH these days as well. I tend to only feel a little crampy after a long busy day and better if I lie down and rest a little.

Starting to wonder how long I will be able to work. I have a really physical job and it's definitely getting harder. My dh is noticing how much slower I move than normal and how much more tired I get. Anyone else finding this?

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been on for ages!! Been really busy!!

Pinkorblue - glad the cervix is doing well and all is good!!

MG - I completely agree with you! I do a really physical job and recently struggled with the decision of when to take mat leave and I've decided to from 32 weeks which is in 7 weeks. My boss has noticed how much I am struggling and she suggested it. Especially after I had another scare on Saturday (see my long winded story below!!)

Rainkat - Awww I'm well jel that you and MG are bump buddies that can meet up!! I have a pregnant friend who I've met up with for lunch but she's a fair way ahead of us and is due soon.

Everyone else how is it all going? Hope all babies and mummies are doing well!!

AFM - well, where do I start?? Lets see, I went for my MW appointment Thurs last week. I had protein and lucocytes in my urine which is a possible sign of UTI or kidney infection so they sent my sample off for testing. So on Saturday night I started getting what I though were BH but started getting really painful. They were all round my back and there was lots of tightening of my uterus, that came in waves like contractions but it was happening every minute or so. This went on for about 2 hours and I started getting scared it was pre term labour seen as I might have an infection. Thankfully I managed to fall asleep, and despite waking a few times in pain I was fine by Sunday morning. I called the maternity unit and the MW said it sounded like a UTI and to get onto my gp next day for results but to rest and drink lots of water. Phoned my gp on Monday, my doctor hadnt looked at my results, so I should phone back later. I phoned the maternity unit again and they said that they could see on their system that my results showed no significant growth so if I did have a UTI it was maybe just beginning. I phoned my gp again in the afternoon and the doctor still hadnt looked at my results, same again Tuesday morning!! I then forgot Tuesday afternoon and was too busy at work weds and thurs. So Thursday after work I had a letter from my doctor to call them ASAP (why on earth they didn't call me and sent a letter, with a second class stamp at Christmas is beyond me!!) so I called this morning. They want me to have a telephone consultation at 4.15 today. So I have been waiting since then or the call. I have called 4 times and been told I am next on the list, by 6.30 the doctors had shut and when I phoned there was just a message saying they were now closed!!!! And I don't even think they are open on Monday as its Christmas Eve!!! At least I managed to speak to the MW earlier in the week who said that my results had shown no significant growth!! I'm guessing that my doctor doesn't want me for anything urgent!!

Oh Bailey sorry about the scare. I can imagine how scary that must have been. Glad you are feeling better and maybe just a reminder to take it easier. I really have to start to take it easy. I find that a busy day at work and then making dinner and dishes...etc..... I feel like my belly is really heavy and I just need to go lie down. Also I think drinking water is really important too. I don't feel that thirsty this time of year and have to force myself but I feel so much better when I do.

How is everyone else?

Kat~ Thank you! :) Sweet! Yay for finding more cute stuff, that's great and can't wait to see the matching dresses.

Marathon~ Me too, I tend to feel better when I'm lying in bed. I hope you're able to take it as easy as possible.

Bailey~ How scary for you :( and I hope you're feeling better :hugs:. The holidays must be making the hospital staff really scattered to give you such a run around. :/ I hope someone gets a hold of you on Monday, I'm not sure how it works in the UK but here many businesses and clinics are still open, just close a little earlier. Hoping you can get a confirmed answer on what's going on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->