Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Kat~ No, they aren't. I broke down and bought some about a month ago, hardly any sweetness to them. :/

Mighty~ Oh wow, I didn't know the swelling would take that long to go away. I hope you find a solution of some sort for your legs. Nothing wrong with making your own cute baby stuff! :thumbup: What have you made so far?

Cheryl~ I'm doing good, thanks hun. :) I hope the next 8 weeks go by quickly for you. My bag is nowhere near ready and won't be for a while, I'm still jotting down what I need/want in there.

Storm~ :hi: I hope your gtt results turn out just fine.

AFM~ Well, the risk hospital I'm with right now talked themselves out of a patient thanks to a very rude charge nurse in L&D. I was just trying to inquire about options for a c-section, should I need one only to a receive a 'how dare you question our policy' attitude. Sheesh, what is wrong with people? Moms aren't allowed to try to make birth a positive experience? :growlmad: Anyway, complaint filed and best of luck to anyone who wants to deliver there while I take my business elsewhere. On a positive note, I'll be seeing my regular OB who is more than willing to talk about options and going over my birth plan. I'm hoping there will be time to show him the family centered c-section video to see how much of it can be implemented in my own birth.

Hey ladies,

Long time no speak! I have missed been so busy with Christmas, new year we had friends over from home, then I went home to jersey for 10 days after new year.. And I have just sat down and thought... I must write to my fellow bump buddies here!

Hope you are all well and have a lovely Xmas and new year!

I can see that everyone is now preparing hospital bags, bing nappies, maternity nighties etc.. It's coming round so quick to due dates! Mine (and Baileys) is 10 weeks tomorrow!
Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh... Panic mode! Hehehe

Midwife appointment today, all looking good, she estimates that our little rainbow weighs about 1400g (3lb) at the moment! Can't believe in (approx) 10 weeks we are going to be parents.. and i can't wait to meet our little (or possibly large) bubba!
Had to ask her about the pain I've been having at night, as I thought I was going to admit myself into hospital last night.. Hip/pelvic pain, and the stomach muscle/groin muscle stretching, pulling, tightening is just horrendous!
It feels like my muscles are tearing!!! So painful! ... Midwife says its all normal and I just have to try and find a more comfortable sleeping position! -'I don't think there's anymore positions I CAN try!

But apart from that pain, I can't complain... It is all worth it to have a baby in my arms at the end.. Hell, I might even go as far as to say I am enjoying pregnancy! Hehe

It's good to be back!
Here's me bump taken last week at 29 weeks!
Xxxxx

Lovely bump Jersey!!!

Morning ladies

Hey storm glad ur doing well, times flying by. Xxx

Pinkorblue thts shocking wot a bitch, ur quite right to go elsewhere Hun.. I'm going to write a list of everything we still need to get.x

Afm doin good hubby's taking me for a overnight tonight and he's booked me a pregnancy massage. Xx

Hey ladies, sorry I've not had chance to catch up properly, been busy with snow, decorating and now my new favourite annoyance, a cold (or man flu if I weren't a woman lol!!).

Pink - how rude of that woman! It annoys me when people don't give the pregnant woman a chance to discuss or question things that primarily concern them! Do people think that when you are pregnant you suddenly don't have a brain or be able to discuss their wishes/fears? Urgh gets me annoyed lol!! How are you today anyway pink?

How is everyone else doing? Has everyone had a good weekend?

Bailey~ I know! :/ I even gave her the opportunity to transfer me to someone who would be willing to discuss it and she refused, insisting she could answer. Obviously she wasn't interested so why keep me on the phone and not transfer me to someone willing to talk? :shrug: Anyway, good riddance, I don't need to go where I'm not wanted. ;)

I'm doing better now, enjoying my weekend and looking forward to spending time with DH on his days off.

Boooo for the man flu!! I hope you feel better. xx

Hey ladies my massage was great it was funny massaged at the back while being kicked from the front lol...x

Bailey boo for man flu Hun..x

Pink - just so sad sometimes that people have to be rude isn't it? Hope you enjoy your days off with dh!

Cheryl - I've had df massage my back a couple of times and it does feel weird when she starts kicking at the same time lol!!

This man flu really is kicking my bum :-( I feel worse today than I did yesterday and yet I rested, drank lots of fluids, ate fruit etc......it only seems to be a head cold though thankfully so just feel muggy with a blocked nose and a headache. Gotta go work a 10 hour shift though boo!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hi Ladies. It's been a while. I usually try to catch up at work but I've been so busy and this past weekend was even busier!
Pink- sorry about all that rudeness. No one should ever have to put up with that. I'm glad that you will have some time with dh. My dh works 7 days a week and so we only have the evenings really. I hope that will change soon but he has his own business so.....
Bailey- I hope you feel better soon! I didn't get the flu shot and of course now thinking I should have. I just have never had it before. I hope your day at work goes well.

Rainkat- I will see you later!
Jersey- good to hear from you and beautiful bump!!

AFM- I am up early at the clinic doing my gestational diabetes test done. I have been waiting for 25 mins already and will have to wait another 2 after that??? Wth? I got to the clinic at 710 and it opened at 7. There was already a huge line up here. Really frustrating. I'm also hungry and not allowed to eat.

Rainkat: I purchased support stockings but then after 2 m/cs misplaced them. I need to buy more. I just put my support belt on today and you're right, makes me feel REALLY sexy, LOL!

Pinkorblue11: I made two quilts (one for DD, one for DS), an apron for DD to paint in, and a hairbow hold for DD's room. I still have to make sleep sacks for DS, my hospital gown, hand warmers, a microwavable neck pad as Christmas gifts for everyone in my family, seat coolers for the kids' carseats in the summer, piddle pads for both car seats, car seat protectors for both cars, a chenille blanket for my best friend's 30th birthday, and another special quilt for DS. Plus I need to convert my cloth nappies to snaps and finish the "unpaper" towels I started. See? Pinterest ADDICT.

So annoying that the charge nurse was rude. I have often found that hospitals forget that they are providing a service to paying customers. I hope they take your complaint seriously and counsel that nurse!

marathongirl: That's yucky. At least you went in super early instead of having to fast through lunch or something. I'd eat a big cheeseburger when it's all done! ;)

This week I've suddenly gotten so tired! I slept a lot Saturday and I took a nap Sunday and another one today in the bath! I'm not usually so sleepy, I hope the third tri fatigue didn't come early.

Bailey~ No kidding.. Aww, sorry the man flu is kicking your bum :( I hope you're starting to feel better. :hugs:

Marathon~ Thanks. Wow 7 days a week, but with owning your own business I can imagine.. No fun having to wait so long while starving :/ I hope that's the last of that test and all went well.

Mighty~ That is a lot lol but very awesome that you have the skill to do all of it! :) It does seem like some of them do tend to forget their job description is working in a customer service oriented field. I hope she does get the necessary reprimand she needs and no one else has to go through that.

Hope that flu is long gone Bailey. No fun being sick and preggo.

Pink: hope that nurse gets the feedback and maybe thinks before she speaks next time. Sorry you had to go through that.

Mightymom you are my hero. I need to spend less time looking at pinterest and more time actually crafting :haha:

Saw my midwife this morning. I'm measuring exactly 28cm and HR was 140. Everything absolutely perfect if she weren't fully breech :( Not a big concern at this point as I'm pretty sure she is still flipping around a lot. Worst case if she doesn't turn I'm a perfect candidate for vaginal breech delivery. I'm sure she will turn though.

Wow MM I couldn't even dream of making all of those things! That's amazing!!

Pink- have you booked a 3D ultrasound yet??
Bailey- hope you're feeling better.

AFM- GTT results came back and no diabetes. I was sure I was fine but always good to hear the result. Starting to feel really tired these days. Feel myself wanting to lie down when I have any spare time. Has anyone started thinking about labour yet? I went for acupuncture yesterday and she asked me if my dh and I had talked about labour? We haven't and it just got me thinking. We are all getting close !

Hey ladies, sorry I've not been on recently, been a bit hectic!

MG - yay for no diabetes Hun!! I have started to think about labour now, especially as my friend gave birth yesterday!! I have bought a TENS machine for early labour in hope I can manage with that then just gas and air. Although little missy needs to flip still before I can think about it not being a c section!! I watched One Born Every Minute this week and actually found myself panicking for the first time that I WILL have to do this myself soon!! Getting a little scared I think!

Cheryl - yay for nearly having everything for baby!! I've sill gotta get a pram and a car seat. My brother kept saying that he's got us both of them from a friend of his but when ever we ask he says he can't get hold of his friend so I'm just gonna go and buy one. I've now banned myself from buying baby clothes now too coz other people are bound to buy me stuff and we will have too much for her to wear before she outgrows it!!!

The sleeping is getting worse for me ladies!! It's my hips and back, they hurt no matter what position I'm in. I can't even sit down for 10 mins comfortably without constantly fidgeting! Gonna make sure I start going swimming twice a week from now on now I have the time coz I'm not working as of Thursday.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi Ladies :flower:

Hope everyone is doing well. Still lots of time to turn Bailey. I read that 25% of babies are breech at 28 weeks and all but 4% turn independently. Hopefully our little girls will cooperate.

MG I don't want to think about labour yet :haha:

Anyone else feeling incredibly ungraceful? Last night I bent over to pick up my shoes and dh lightly bumped into my backside. It was enough to throw me off balance and there was nothing I could do to catch myself. I toppled forward in slow motion and ended up on the floor :rofl: We were both laughing so hard I couldn't get up.

I feel absolutely ungraceful. I feel like a whale when I roll over in bed at night! My poor dh it's a wonder he gets any sleep as I'm constantly turning due to hip pain and then getting up at least 2 times a night to pee!
I have ordered our crib and bedding but don't have it yet. Have to buy a car seat and our stroller should be here in April as well. We are getting a running stroller of course!

Bailey- yay for being done work. I'm hoping for another 8 weeks or so? We will see?

Marathon~ I'm calling on Monday. :) I want to know exactly what I need from my doctor to prove I'm being cared for. I wish I could have asked him sooner but he's been on hiatus since our last visit. Hopefully he won't have any issues about it. Yay for no GD!!!

Bailey~ I hope the swimming helps you feel better. :flower: Yay for more time to yourself while taking your leave from work!

Kat~ You poor thing lol, but yes count me into the ungraceful department. DH cracks up at all my little "mishaps" :dohh::haha: calling them Drew Barrymore moments and thinks it's cute.

I have a feeling that nurse will get the feedback she deserves. I got a call from the perinatal services director the other day, and she was very sweet and apologetic. She wanted to hear my side of things and was not happy about the nurse's behavior, calling it inexcusable and assured me that is not the standard of care at all. I'm very happy about her taking the issue seriously.

I would have tried to go for a vbac with my midwife if I hadn't convinced myself early on that this pregnancy wouldn't last. My midwife has been lovely anyway and still supportive. Turns out she wouldn't be available anyway, her partners are taking over for her while she takes care of a health problem and I'm not familiar with any of them. I was right to look into a hospital birth a lot more this time because I'll need one. Due to my uterine scar, they aren't supportive of a vbac for me. After speaking with my regular OB, it looks like I'll get to have a family centered c-section after all. :thumbup: He's a great guy and the meeting couldn't have gone any better. So I have a tentative date set for the 11th of April, I'll update with an exact time when he gives me one.

TTCBABY: Fantastic looking Chart! I think this month is the one... You are about to be updating with your BFP! :) :) :) Eeeeek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->