Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

awww thanks girlinyork :)

I still find it so weird to think there's a little person in there. It was so weird when I saw the heartbeat last time - how could that be there and me not feel it beating?? I've not really had tummy symptoms this time, not really any bloating - just ms, exhaustion, headaches and thirst - so it's kind of weird to think that's where the little bean is....

Rainkat- welcome honey and congrats, are you still in shock mode ? X

Ttc1 - I went to eat salmon yesterday, used by date was the 18... Luckily I checked but I forget I have to check these things now x

Cheryl - that's fab news !!! I can't wait to see the heart beat myself, it won't feel real for me till then x

Cherry- I find myself talking about when the baby is here, all positive.... When do you think you will take maternity leave ? I get 7 months full pay and plan to work up till My due date, but will see how I feel then. Sorry to hear your ms isn't giving you a break.. I'll be joining you soon with the major ms x

Girlinyork- I can't believe what a huge difference a couple of weeks could make. There is a video clip on YouTube from inside the human body and it says from 12 weeks the baby is formed and it just gets bigger, which is amazing !!

Well the start of my 10 days off work includes shipping today, waiting in for virgin tomorrow and waiting for man to come and fix my dryer.i have a teenager who won't get dressed in his bedroom playing games and a toddler who decided to torment the dog x

Wow ladykara, 7 months full pay is pretty good!! I get 2 months full pay, then 16 wks half pay + lower rate stat mat pay, then 15 wks lower rate stat mat pay. I really need to look into what those actual numbers are though! Right now, I'd happily go on mat leave this minute. I'm really not very good at feeling like crap. At the moment I'm thinking of mat leave 4 weeks before due, some time late Feb (which also coincides with my birthday!). I do some freelance writing and editing so can still do a bit of that before bub comes to help top up the bank balance. Can't believe I'm actually thinking about this when I'm only two months' gone...tempting fate....

Yep, bubs is fully formed by 12 weeks :) That's why so many mcs happen before then. Apparently sometimes a gene can go missing during the development and when it gets to that stage where the gene is needed to form the baby the baby dies :( BUT, most of those babies are lost before four weeks. Our beans are far more likely to be perfect little things :)

wow...I don't think I'd clicked that bub would be fully built by 12 weeks. I hope s/he found all the building blocks s/he needed in there this time...

I woke OH up last night because I farted. He said it smelt like a corpse in a rubbish dump. I'm so proud of myself.

HAHAHAHAHAAHA that made me howl out loud! My husband said something similar to me!

On top of my wind smelling like rotting garbage...I have constipation one day, then diahorrea the next... Is this normal? (sorry if TMI!)

Hope all you ladies are enjoying the lovely things we ave to endure with MS.. And welcome to the newbies!

Welcome Rainkat! Congrats on your bFP!

I never knew the baby was fully formed at 12 weeks, that seems amazing!?!?

I am really jealous of all of your symptoms. Any of you ladies like me and just have a mild/occasional symptom (like a few uterine cramps, headaches and tiredness but none of the big stuff like boobs so sore you want to curl up and die and loads of ms?)

I get my second set of bloods drawn tomorrow, so I will be very nervous to get the results on Friday!

:wave: welcome aboard, rainkat! :)

Queasiness came and went, I'm back to just uterine cramps, headaches (more from stress I think though) and not so sore boobs anymore. I spoke to my midwife yesterday about my spotting and made the decision to go back on the progesterone cream she gave me.

Off for more blood work and to get my kiddo registered for Kinder.

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Last night I was so exhausted I went to bed at 8:30. I felt like I couldn't take another step.

I'm still in shock and disbelief. I took another test this morning :haha: The test line showed up before the control line and is darker than the control!!

No other symptoms than tired and sore bbs. It doesn't feel real yet. My first midwife appt is Sept. 10.

Hi there ladies!!!

Welcome rainkat!! I will add your ticker very shortly and congratulations!!! Its so exciting isnt it? And then after the initial excitment the worry starts to hit!! But everyone in this group is great and really supportive!

Cheryl - yay again on the good scan!! Is the fybogel still working a treat or is it causing runs now? I havent bought some yet and I went twice today :loo: :thumbup: so I think that either eating bread again or drinking pink grapefruit juice is what has helped me!

Tawn - its so hard when you hear everyones symptoms isnt it? My ms isnt really bad, I wouldnt even say its ms lol!! And apart from the tiredness I felt fine all over the weekend, despite my stupidly long shifts!! I was thinking that maybe we are becoming accustomed to the little niggles we have been having and so feel like normal and not pregnant, do you get what I mean? Like little cramps and slight quesiness are just how we should normally feel and so we dont see them as symptoms?? Maybe lol, maybe I'm clutching at straws!

Pinkorblue - I hope the progesterone cream helps hun, how are you feeling?

Lady kara - hwos the bloatedness now? Mine seems to come and go but as I have mentioned I have IBS like you too so sometimes its just what I've eaten.

Becca - thanks so much for putting those pics up and the positive attitude. You are right we need to start thinking about the positive statistics, like the fact that most mcs happen before 4 weeks, so we are all already looking really good!! And the statistics also say that previous miscarriage has very little bearing on future miscarriages. And once you see that heartbeat the risks decrease again!! I hope that helps people, I think we all spend so long consulting doctor google an focusing on the negatives rather than the positives!!

Cherry - I know what you mean about starting to talk like the baby will arrive, I was chatting about how I will be saving my holidays so that I can go off at the end of feb as well and then have the 9 months at home, unfortunately my company are poo and I only get stat mat pay for the whole 9 months I'm off and then nothing for the last 3 months if I want to be off for a full year.

Everyone else I hope you are all ok today!!

I might post a picture of my belly. I already look like 14 weeks pregnant or something

Rainkat~ That's cool about the pregnancy test with darker lines. I tried another one yesterday and it looks the same as the others, control line is darker. :haha:

Bailey~ Me too but I have high hopes, it worked wonders last time. :) I'm feeling okay, looking forward to a quiet weekend before my next appointment. How are you?

Hi ladies.
Cheryl- congrats on the scan and seeing the hb!! Yay! Another step closer to your rainbow.

It's funny we don't really know where everyone lives but I live in Canada and here we get a full year off for mat leave. I don't think it's full pay but some companies top it up so that it's 100%. I don't qualify at all as I'm self employed so I will likely only be able to take 3 months off or so.

AFM- I had an early scan today and saw a hb!!! I was so nervous and not expecting to see a hb as I am only 5w5d. The gestational sac was measuring 6 weeks bang on. My doc was very sweet he said he would see me as often as I like to keep my stress down.

Awww I'm so glad you saw a hb. I wish I had a doc that kind lol :hugs:

Aw thats great marathon girl!! so happy for you!

I am in the UK and here some companies here are nice and will pay you full pay for a year, but mine will only allow the government maternity pay which is only £132 a week for 9 months, so thats all I am taking, if I can afford it for that long!

Hey thanks girls... Marathon yeah for ur scan too Hun hope we are all getting our rainbows..x

Well since I'm self employed I only get the government stat pay I think it's £127 per week for 6 months but since I work with a clientele I don't want to lose my buisness if I'm off too long I will take 4 months off finish up the beginning of April and go back to work in August. Xx

Thanks Ladies. It does seem a bit more real now. Yes my doc is amazing. he is the FS in town and we were thinking of doing an IUI and then we got pregnant. He insisted on seeing me in the early stages and said today that whatever I need to keep my stress levels down. As we all know that stress is not good for baby.

I'm glad everyone is talking about mat leave. That makes it more real for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->