Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Hey girlies! I have an appointment on Sept 4th and they said I'm too early for anything to show on an ultrasound right now anyways for me to really come in unless I felt like I needed to or was cramping, bleeding, or spotting which I'm not...my boob (as in only ONE haha) is starting to hurt too which is making me feel pretty optimistic because with our angel I never had any symptoms except frequent urination. Our wreck was pretty minor too no dents or anything just scratches and a pretty good jarring around but no bruises or anything like that. Thank y'all for the concern! How is everyone feeling right about now? Has anyone told anyone? I've told hubby and my best friend (who is in labor as I'm typing this) but that's it.

I've told my mom, dad, one of my neighbors and a few of my closest friends (including a few work people) that have been through all of this with me since the beginning. I'm waiting for my blood levels to tell a few more and then I'll tell my work officially at around the 12 or 13 week mark and facebook at that time too! I can't wait! Baby please stick!!!

I'm not out of the game yet !!! They found a heart beat !! But I'm way behind on my dates, instead of 8+2 I'm 6+6 and now due on the 20th April. Which explains a lot !!! Little gutted I am back dated by so much, but rather back dated than no heart beat... But I'm due on what jake was due on, he then arrived the 22nd.... I am having another scan on the 13th when I will be 9 weeks ( which was when my last baby died) my mum was with me as I was expecting to be booked in for a d&c book in straight after.

Thank you for putting up with me, couldn't have coped without you guys x

https://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/ladykara1001/F133D1D0-744F-4D58-9350-BE5BFBC20DCF-4539-00000587EFD2C0F6.jpg

YAY, YAY, YAY!!! Glad there was a heartbeat! :happydance:

Ladykara~ :happydance: for a heartbeat!!!! So happy for you!! :D

Amanda and Rain~ Huge congrats to your friends!! :)

Sorry to hear about such negativity when you lost your little one, Amanda. :hugs: Same here when I lost my son, my oldest brother chose to inform me how disappointed he was that we were having "all these kids" and not focusing on making our lives better. Um, last I checked he wasn't paying our bills, keeping a roof over our head, food on the table. Other family members pretty much feel the same way, I can count on one hand how many family members are supportive. So they won't know about this baby until he/she is born or someone else says something. Why people insist on putting their foot in their mouth is beyond me. I haven't spoken to him or anyone else since..

Marathon~ :hugs: :hugs: sorry about your mom. :(

Becy~ Yay for ms easing up a little bit and for your booking appointment! :)

ttcbaby~ Thank you very much! :) Will you have a scan done soon?

Bailey~ I love your icon choice! :p

Hi to everyone else!! :)

I'll know more after i get my HCG levels checked next week...i'm sure they'll do a scan here in a week or two...of course i'll keep everyone posted on that! :)

Ladies just wanted to report that I had another scan today and all is well. Baby measures 2 days ahead and I got to hear the hb this time!! My doc said that he is optimistic. I am happy for now. I had my mmc last Nov at 12 weeks and baby measured 11w5d. I had one us at 10 weeks and all seemed well. I do feel different this time. I felt like something was wrong the whole pregnancy with my mc. Does that make sense?

Marathon girl - my story was very similar to yours, I also had a mmc at 12 weeks, baby measured 11 weeks 3 days. Was horrible. Its probably why I am so impatient now. My midwife and gp have both said theres bascially no point having an early scan as it wont reassure me coz I lost my last angel so close to the 12 week scan. I am glad you are managing to get scans though, I would love to just know everything is developing as it should and heartbeat is strong. So glad all seemed well for you today!! Strangely I am not really worried about bleeding or cramping happening, its as if my head accepts that I will get to 12 weeks and that it will all go wrong at the scan!!

Pinkorblue, marathon girl and amanda - so sorry about your unsupportive families! I am a firm believer that families should be supportive when it comes to welcoming new babies into the family.....I think when those babies are here they will love them and dote on them so why be negative and nasty when you are pregnant with them?? Babies are a blessing, and its your own decision to have them. I know that families are entitled to an opinion, however, once you are pregnant is there any need to voice a negative opinion, and even worse when you have lost that little angel, almost saying "its for the best" is just the worst.

ttcbabyisom - I will also be announcing on facebook after the scan, which I know sounds strange after having a miscarriage but I have a lot of friends who I dont see that I would like to know and get to see a picture of my baby. Has it finally sunk in yet that you are pregnant? Took me a good couple of weeks!!

Beccy - yay for booking in scan tomorrow!!

AFM - the tiredness is really getting to be a permanent state now, I just had a 2 hour nap lol!! And my boobs are really sore especially when trying to sleep but I cant bring myself to buy a maternity bra until I have had the scan.

marathongirl - totally. My mc was my first pregnancy, so I never knew how it was 'meant' to feel, but the whole time it felt like it wasn't....secure? I dunno it just didn't feel quite right. I mentioned that to my best friend when I told her about the mc - her sister had mc'd her first baby a few months earlier and apparently said exactly the same thing. I know it might be a touch of 20:20 hindsight, but this pregnancy does feel utterly different to the last one for me.

I'm really glad everything looks good for you! and the little bean xx

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all doing well :) x

Girls, girls, girls!!!! Stop taking HPT!!! You are just going to stress yourself out trying to analyze the shades of color etc!!!!

Well said Beach chica, no point causing more unecessary stress, we are already worry warts enough being PAL without comparing shades of hpt lines that could just be different due to amount of dye in the test, quality of the test, how much liquid you drank in the 12 hours before the test and so on!!

How are you feeling now with this pregnancy? I have to say I admire your positivity Beach, this is your rainbow baby hun, you deserve it!

I'm having fun looking for ideas how to tell the kids. I can't wait to see the look on my daughter's face :cloud9:

Aww do you think she will be wishing for a little sister, I notice you have 2 boys and a girl xxxx

I'm going to see a good friend of mine in a couple of weeks - 2 days before my 12 week scan. She had her first baby a few weeks ago, and I last saw her a week or two before she popped. She knew about my mc, and when I saw her I was in the 2ww and told her she wasn't allowed to ask me anything about it after that day cos I wouldn't want to have to fib to her/tell her before I wanted to if I got a bfp! It's going to be so tricky - I think she'll spot it instantly!

IF, that is, the next two weeks ever pass! Also stuck in that time warp we all seem to be bogged down in.....

Aww do you think she will guess and ask? Would you tell her if she does? I tried lying to my friend on her birthday saying I had a water infection so couldnt drink as on antibiotics but she asked so many questions. Saying that I wished afterwards that I hadnt told her because she didnt seem happy for me really, but maybe she's just not going to be over elated until she knows I'm safely in 2nd tri.

Ah you guys are worrying me now coz I feel the same this pregnancy as I did last one. I didnt know anything was wrong last time, except for a few days running up to the scan I did say that I was worried there would be no heartbeat, but that was more likely because my pregnant friend was expecting twins and at her first scan one of them had no heartbeat and was smaller than the other. And of course this time I am convinced there will be no heartbeat so I hope I am wrong this time!!

Aww do you think she will guess and ask? Would you tell her if she does? I tried lying to my friend on her birthday saying I had a water infection so couldnt drink as on antibiotics but she asked so many questions. Saying that I wished afterwards that I hadnt told her because she didnt seem happy for me really, but maybe she's just not going to be over elated until she knows I'm safely in 2nd tri.

I think she'll guess, but I think she's knows better than to ask :) I've just had a text from another really good friend of mine who lives an hour or so away asking if she and her husband can swing by in a week or so. It'll be three days before my scan. Oh, and she's just completed her training to be a MIDWIFE! If she doesn't spot it I'll be uber lucky....unless she's coming to tell us that she's pregnant! Which would be EPIC! Her sister is about 5 months preggers, but I'm pretty sure they were going to wait for 6 months or so before trying....

Wow you will be lucky if she doesnt spot it then!! Or mayne her midwife training needs tweaking lol!! You never know though, some people will only see what they want to see. My friend didnt have a clue I was pg she just kept asking what anitbiotics I was on, was I sure I couldnt drink with them, what were they for, when did I start taking them, thats why I had to tell her!!

Ah you guys are worrying me now coz I feel the same this pregnancy as I did last one. I didnt know anything was wrong last time, except for a few days running up to the scan I did say that I was worried there would be no heartbeat, but that was more likely because my pregnant friend was expecting twins and at her first scan one of them had no heartbeat and was smaller than the other. And of course this time I am convinced there will be no heartbeat so I hope I am wrong this time!!

Aw bailey I'm sorry don't panic - I think my bean was very not meant to be last time so just felt wrong from the start. To be honest it's probably daft trying to analyse something so subjective....things can be so different from pregnancy to pregnancy. That mate of mine that had her baby a few weeks ago had very similar symptoms to those I had when I mc'd, but she had her bub with no problems. xxxxxx

Yeah, its so hard not to worry about everything isnt it? I do have mild ms this time which I didnt last time, and I am not as stressed out either. I often wonder if my stress level didnt help the baby last time. I was working 50 hours a week, with an autistic girl who was slowly deteriorating and eventually was sectioned, and I was just so worked up that I wonder if that didnt help.

Yeah I wonder about stress. People generally say 'it's not good for the baby', but I'm sure I read somewhere (when i was trawling through every medical bit of info I could get my hands on) that there hadn't been any firm evidence that stress harmed the baby. But I was working long hours to finish off a project at work that had been a year in the making, and I think my 2 bosses at work (the only people who know about the mc) made a connection between the workload and the mc. Your stressful situation sounds much more harrowing though :(

I guess you can at least say that less stress makes US feel better, which can't be a bad thing!

Exactly, I wouldnt say that the stress was a definate cause or anything but my bosses are the same, they are making sure I am not doing anything too stressful and they dont tend to ask me to pick up extra shifts like they do with everyone else. I was off sick a couple of weeks ago coz I just didnt sleep and couldnt face a 12 hour shift and when I went back in my boss was saying she needed to do a back to work interview, I thought "thats a bit formal for one day off" but it turned out she was just worried and wanted to check I felt alright.
And today my other boss was writing new rotas and has asked if I want to shorten my long shifts, so now the longest shift I will do (after next week) is a 10 hour shift, which is good, I am also going on the clients holiday for a weekend when i will be 14 weeks and they have asked repeatedly if I am 100% sure I want to go. So maybe they ahve made a connection with my hours last time and the mc too.

I'm having fun looking for ideas how to tell the kids. I can't wait to see the look on my daughter's face :cloud9:

Aww do you think she will be wishing for a little sister, I notice you have 2 boys and a girl xxxx

I'm hoping it's a girl for her sake. She would love a sister, and that is my wish for her. Of course I will be happy to have a healthy baby.

I'm sure it's better for mom and babe not to be too stressed, but I don't believe it would be the cause of early miscarriage in a healthy pregnancy. It's hard not to analyze everything though. I flew the day after my BFP and I know that flight attendants fly pregnant all the time but I can't help but wonder if that's what caused my mc. It's natural to look for a reason.

Your bosses sound great Bailey.

Cherrytomato if your friend does guess her midwife training should have taught her the tact not to ask. Although I would be tempted to tell. I have one friend who is very intuitive and I have a feeling she knows. Dh asked if I had told her because she kept giving him a knowing look when we saw her last.

I know, I always tell myself its silly to try and guess what may have caused it but being so desperate for it not to happen again you try to do anything you can differently to avoid it lol!
I am a lot more relaxed though this time and I'm just enjoying my time with bubs, I love being pregnant, despite the exhaustion and feeling poop!!

Aw I hope your daughter gets that little sister but like you said I'm sure as long as they are healthy and happy it doesnt matter does it xxx

Marathon girl - my story was very similar to yours, I also had a mmc at 12 weeks, baby measured 11 weeks 3 days. Was horrible. Its probably why I am so impatient now. My midwife and gp have both said theres bascially no point having an early scan as it wont reassure me coz I lost my last angel so close to the 12 week scan. I am glad you are managing to get scans though, I would love to just know everything is developing as it should and heartbeat is strong. So glad all seemed well for you today!! Strangely I am not really worried about bleeding or cramping happening, its as if my head accepts that I will get to 12 weeks and that it will all go wrong at the scan!!

Pinkorblue, marathon girl and amanda - so sorry about your unsupportive families! I am a firm believer that families should be supportive when it comes to welcoming new babies into the family.....I think when those babies are here they will love them and dote on them so why be negative and nasty when you are pregnant with them?? Babies are a blessing, and its your own decision to have them. I know that families are entitled to an opinion, however, once you are pregnant is there any need to voice a negative opinion, and even worse when you have lost that little angel, almost saying "its for the best" is just the worst.

ttcbabyisom - I will also be announcing on facebook after the scan, which I know sounds strange after having a miscarriage but I have a lot of friends who I dont see that I would like to know and get to see a picture of my baby. Has it finally sunk in yet that you are pregnant? Took me a good couple of weeks!!

Beccy - yay for booking in scan tomorrow!!

AFM - the tiredness is really getting to be a permanent state now, I just had a 2 hour nap lol!! And my boobs are really sore especially when trying to sleep but I cant bring myself to buy a maternity bra until I have had the scan.

i personally don't think it sounds strange to post on facebook after the 12 week scan as long as everything looks good and sounds good and doc is optimistic. I don't think it's totally sunk in yet that i'm actually pregnant. I know i feel completely excited and am smiling all the time but still have that bad feeling in the back of my mind that something will go wrong. I know I'll feel this way until a good scan and I hear the heartbeat! :)

Yeah I think thats the curse of being PAL ttcbabyisom, and we will all always have that bad feeling I think, until the day we have our rainbows in our arms. But thats ok coz our rainbows will be so loved and appreciated that it wont matter how difficult our journey was to get them. Good things come to those who wait lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->