Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Yay Roma!! I'm right behind you. I think my ticket is a few days behind but I will leave it for now. On my way back home. Had an amazing time in Hawaii. So did the LO!

14 weeks!!!

Woohoo congrats team yellow buddy!

Some people think I am crazy for celebrating every week as a milestone, but I just love it! I don't are what people think... Every week is a week I've never got to before!

Woohoo!

14 weeks!!!

Congrats :hugs:

This weekend I got a taste of how things will change once people know. I was on a scout camp and decided I should tell one adult in case I ended up in an emergency situation. His entire demeanor changed! He took it upon himself to carry a camping chair on our hike and made sure I rested. One of the other leaders noticed him offering to carry my pack for me and gave him a hard time but he took it in stride. They are a great group of guys. I have a feeling the next camp I won't have to lift a finger.

Marathongirl: 5 cm of rain overnight! Nice to see the sun again this morning. I felt like I was never going to be dry again.

Yeah Roma!!! :flower:

Jersey~ That's the spirit, friend! You have every right to celebrate your little rainbow getting that much closer to meeting you. :thumbup:

Marathon~ Glad you and LO had fun in Hawaii!!!

Rain~ Awww, what a sweet guy! :D That's so awesome!

Nothing much to report here. I have my follow up tomorrow and also arranged to speak with my regular OB about a planned c-section. I hope it goes well..

Good luck with your apt tomorrow Pinkorblue. I' sure all will be perfect.

Jersey- I'm with you celebrating every week as well!! I believe each week we are closer to our rainbow being in our arms is a good thing.

Rainkat- I was in hawaii for the weekend! I know it sounds crazy but the flights weren't too bad and dh and I won a trip so..... it was so relaxing and I definitely popped out even ore. I think wearing summer clothes made my bump more obvious. I had several strangers ask me if I was expecting? I would have to be pretty sure to ask a complete stranger that one!! Back at work after flying all night and feeling pretty tired.

Oh that's right, I knew you were going. You couldn't have picked a better time. Congrats on your bump. I feel like mine is totally obvious (when I'm not layered up in rain gear) but so far no one has said anything to me. That's so cool that people have noticed yours.

Jersey I celebrate every week too. One step at a time.

Pinkorblue hope your appointment goes well tomorrow :)

Thanks ladies, my appointment went well. Cervix is measuring 3.5 cm and no funneling detected. Baby is measuring 14w2d. Hope everyone is doing okay. :)

[IMG]https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/tah_3814/1016121018_zps01314054.jpg[/IMG]

So weird knowing i'm ovulating today or tomorrow and knowing we can't BD...sort of frustrating. We are having to do everything the complete opposite that we've been doing the last 9 months and that's NOT do it during this fertile week this month or next...ugh! Driving me crazy! Still waiting on doc to call back with pathology results on the polyps and to get my appointment in the books for my next D&C to remove the polyps. But in the meantime, I'm trying to relax and just chill a little and get my fitness on! I'm just hoping we can start trying again by December. FX'd!!! Love ya'll and hope everyone's well! I'll go back through and catch up soon. :hugs:

Here is 13w1d for me!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/brynstars/IMG_9465small.jpg

Oh, and on another note...we definitely got some confirmation on no longer staying with my OB. So I will be cancelling my 11/1 appointment and we will be back on the unassisted route (save for regular thyroid panels and a late, pre-delivery u/s), unless God leads us otherwise!!

I'm not trying to be rude but why unassisted? No offense but my unsolicited opinion is that is utter insanity. I would like to have a home birth at some point myself, but with a qualified medical profession overseeing things lest something go wrong with me and/or the baby. And to be clear I am not a "hospital birth with an epidural only" (not that there's anything wrong with that), like I said I would do a home birth/water birth, I think lotus birth is kinda gross but hey, if that's your bag...but unassisted...I just don't think that is a wise decision - for you, the baby and your family.

I usually keeps opinions to myself but I've seen you mention it a bunch of times now...

Well, I'm not asking for opinions (am I not SUPPOSED to talk about being excited about the birth I'm having?), nor do I ever recommend it for anyone else (I am a homebirth advocate, but not a UC advocate for anyone but myself). I'm pretty much in an ideal situation for it. My births are surrounded by family (medical professionals), and we are all very experienced and educated on pregnancy and birth. Honestly, moreso than some doctors we've worked with. If we need care, we get care. But I'm in a place where homebirth midwives aren't much of an option, IF I can find one. Not that I feel I'd have more/better care with one, but it might be fun to have someone else here if I had a good relationship with them.

I'm not really sure why it matters to anyone else though? I think an elective c/s in *most* (not all) cases is unwise, but I am not about to tell someone that when it's their choice, especially if they've made an educated decision.

To each their own I suppose. I agree that a lot of doctors and even midwives are total assclowns, but I just think about how quickly things can go horribly sideways in an otherwise normal birth and it terrifies me to think about what could result. I've seen you mention before that you live a ways from a hospital too.

We all seem to have opinions about different kinds of birth, just my unsolicited opinion.

I live 15 minutes away from our local hospital. We are a rural area. And my husband is an medic. We'd deal with any incidences the same way they'd be dealt with in an assisted birth. Really the only things that really scare me are cord prolapse or uncontrolled PPH, neither which is highly likely, but we are prepared to handle (with care during quick transfer) if it comes to that.

Yes, I agree that things can take a turn for the worst unassisted, but they can do the same in any situation, and more medical care doesn't always equal a better outcome (many times it causes, contributes to, or worsens the situation). And I would not birth at home unassisted if I did not feel very prepared to handle things, or take responsibility for the way it all goes. (though- and this is not at all what you're saying, but it comes to mind as I write this- I don't think it's wise to hand complete responsibility over to a caregiver either just to be spared the guilt if something happens)

I am more scared of birthing in a hospital, and I know I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with a midwife (if I had one, I'd kinda like her on the sidelines...in another room LOL) or in a birth center. But I firmly believe a woman has to birth how she's comfortable, otherwise risks increase. I know a lot of people who prefer unassisted (and none of them would ever go into it unprepared), as well as many people who prefer assisted homebirths, and I also know people who would never be comfortable outside of a hospital. And that's okay! As long as mom is most comfortable, things are likely to go much better than they would otherwise.

Oh and I don't mind at all when people ask me why we do it unassisted, I get people thinking it's scary and not wanting to do it themselves. (been there myself ;) ) I just get a little defensive being called things like utterly insane. ;) My choice is a greatly educated one (unfortunately, unlike many births in this country anymore :( I wish that were different, for mama and baby's sake!), and just as real as a person choosing a medicated hospital birth with an OB, and while it may be different, not for everyone, and far from the norm, it's not insane. :)

I totally agree with everything you said! If I had the choice of being at home I would, but not really an option where I live now, there are maybe 10 or less midwives in the whole province, so I suppose in that respect we are in a similar situation. I lived in Victoria BC up until a couple of months ago and there were a bazillion midwives there to choose from who pretty much all offered a choice of hospital or home birth.
I don't blame you for being afraid of hospital births, I have heard some horror stories and I think hospitals are pretty gross and I definitely agree about mores medical care does not equal a better outcome. It's just that slim chance that I find terrifying, and I'm really not even a paranoid person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->