Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Elohcin~ Great bump pic and wishing you the very best in your UC birth! :)

Hello ladies,

How you all doing? Does anyone else feel like this is a bit of a boring time in pregnancy lol! I havent really been on here coz I've nothing to report, but I have been checking in to see if everyones ok. Sadly my SIL lost her baby last week at 36 weeks, which I didnt want to mention on this thread at first coz I didnt want to scare people, but I guess its just one of those things that happens and we cant hide away from the fact that sad things happen in life. Our family were pretty devestated, and just when I think I am doing ok with it I go to buy a sympathy card yesterday and the words on the card make me cry in the middle of the shop!! So glad my df was with me! I just cant get my head around what my SIL and BIL may be going through and how hard it must be to cope with such a tragedy.

Anyways, thats one of the reasons I've not been on here as much too. I have been feeling a bit weird about my own pregnancy because of it. Their baby was a little girl and I actually said to my df that I hope our hobbit is a boy, as I dont want to feel like we would be replacing their baby girl...............does that make sense?? Of course I will be happy whatever gender as long as my baby is healthy and ok. I am just feeling very strange now, like I have lost some of my excitement over my baby (which is awful and I hate that I feel this way). I hope any of this makes sense........

Thanks ladies!

Hello ladies,

How you all doing? Does anyone else feel like this is a bit of a boring time in pregnancy lol! I havent really been on here coz I've nothing to report, but I have been checking in to see if everyones ok. Sadly my SIL lost her baby last week at 36 weeks, which I didnt want to mention on this thread at first coz I didnt want to scare people, but I guess its just one of those things that happens and we cant hide away from the fact that sad things happen in life. Our family were pretty devestated, and just when I think I am doing ok with it I go to buy a sympathy card yesterday and the words on the card make me cry in the middle of the shop!! So glad my df was with me! I just cant get my head around what my SIL and BIL may be going through and how hard it must be to cope with such a tragedy.

Anyways, thats one of the reasons I've not been on here as much too. I have been feeling a bit weird about my own pregnancy because of it. Their baby was a little girl and I actually said to my df that I hope our hobbit is a boy, as I dont want to feel like we would be replacing their baby girl...............does that make sense?? Of course I will be happy whatever gender as long as my baby is healthy and ok. I am just feeling very strange now, like I have lost some of my excitement over my baby (which is awful and I hate that I feel this way). I hope any of this makes sense........

I'm so sorry for your SIL. :( I went through a very similar situation during my last pregnancy. My cousin (who I grew up very close to, and they live near us too) and his wife lost their baby when I was in my 2nd trimester. He was born at 33 weeks (electively) and died 5 days later...Trisomy 18. It was very hard, not because I was scared, but because like you I was worried about them feeling worse or resenting me because I was (as far as I knew) having a healthy baby, and I felt guilty. I prayed it would be a girl so they wouldn't have to see a boy constantly and watch what would have been, but I DID have a boy and they've loved him. They've had another little guy since, but I still can't imagine. I've lost a lot of babies and I still feel like I can't even come close to relating to that. So hard. :(

Thanks so much for your response elohcin, I am relieved to know I'm not crazy for the way I feel! I am so sorry for your cousins loss. My own cousin also lost her daughter shortly after birth two years ago and have birth to another girl again this year. It's just so much closer this time to me and df and the whole family is in bits over it. I am hoping that our little hobbit might be a good thing to happen to this family now but I also fear that my SIL and BIL won't be able to love our baby as much due to their own loss. And now I feel selfish for saying that too. I love my SIL and BIL so much and I am just so sad that this has happened and even I feel it makes my pregnancy more bittersweet than sweet :-(

Bailey~ :hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry about your BIL and SIL. :( I will keep them, df's family and you in my thoughts and prayers. Very heartbreaking..

So sorry to hear this news bailey. My heart goes out to anyone who loses a baby but I can't imagine the pain of such a late loss.

Bailey I'm so sorry :hugs:

It's hard to be happy when something very sad happens. It's a loss for you too and you will go through your own grieving process. My thoughts and prayers are with your whole family.

So I have my Amazon wish list that I've been adding some baby stuff to lately and while I've never shared my wishlist with anyone (I just use it as a "backburner" cart LOL) I was thinking of doing so for Christmas. Is that rude of me, since it's kind of a "baby registry"? (some diaper covers, carseat, breastpump, that kind of stuff...not the really unnecessary, "just for fun" kinds of things or anything) Most baby stuff I have/had was from the one shower we had with DD1 7 years ago (I know lots of people have multiple showers with each child, but I only had 1 with my first and no more with the other two....just saying so ya'll don't think I have a ton of stuff! LOL), but I got rid of the majority of our baby stuff after my ectopic/5th consecutive loss earlier this year because it was difficult to keep holding on to stuff with the possibility of not being able to have any more. So normally I wouldn't even consider this...but I was just thinking that since usually I just tell people (we're just talking family) I don't want anything for Christmas, this time at least if they ask I can give some direction to what we actually need, instead of them just getting me something random since I said I didn't want anything. LOL But I don't know if it's rude since this is #4 for us, regardless of whether or not I've kept things. And I just never feel comfortable asking for things anyway.

But anyway...I feel odd asking this, but I figured that others have surely dealt with this kind of thing before and maybe could inform me on what the general consensus is for etiquette in this sort of situation.

Thanks ladies for the kind words, my family are slowly processing what has happened and moving forward, out of such sad situations brings more courage and love for each other so we are focusing on that.

Elohcin, not sure how to help you on that as this is my first baby and I am also wondering a similar thing! I dont want to go out and buy things for myself and baby (like breastpump, moses basket etc etc) only for family to say "we were going to get you that" but then I also dont want to be cheeky and ask them what they had planned buying us lol!!

Bailey so sorry about your Bil and Sil. I'm glad your family is sticking together to get through this. You also need to stay strong for you and your baby. I'm praying for you, dh and your family.

Elohcin- I would think that would be fine to suggest things if people ask. I know I would always appreciate ideas when buying gifts for people. That's just my 2 cents!

AFM- just got my Doppler yesterday?? Can you believe it took 3 weeks?! I was so happy to find LO's hb within 1 min!! What a beautiful sound. Hope everyone is doing well.
Does anyone have any scans booked?

Just got my letter in the mail... scan is booked for Nov 26th

Bailey- :hugs: sorry to hear about your SIL sending lots of well wishes to you and family.

Elohcin - I think it okay to just throw the list out there if you feel uncomfortable you could always say its your Christmas wish list as oppose to present for baby.

I don't feel "pregnant" much these days I think the only times I feel pregnant are the days I see the Dr. And I really hate these once a month appointments I wish it was a weekly thing. I have started to do prenatal yoga and have to say I love it! You ladies should look into it if you aren't already doing it.

I have a scan booked for November 7th and I am hoping to find out the gender then.

Thanks ladies!

MG - hows the doppler? Isnt it a great thing? My BIL has made me and df promise to use it all the way through after what has happened to them and I know if they ever get pg again (which I hope coz they will make amazing parents) I will be giving them my doppler, I dont know how they could go through another pregnancy without one!! Did you hear any movements with the doppler? Like little bloopy noises!

Rainkat - yay for your scan hun!! So exciting!

7eleven - oooh yours is so close!! How far along will you be by then? I dont feel very pregnant at the mo, apart from having to buy new bras AGAIN lol, and not being able to get comfy sleeping at night coz I used to sleep on my stomach before pregnant.

All you other ladies I hope you are well!! I am feeling like I deffo have more energy, starting aqua natal classes next week yay, and getting in touch with a physio for my back (I have always had a bad back but its getting a bit worse just walking too far makes it hurt).

I know I can't wait I hope baby cooperates and gives us a clear shot! On day of scan I will be 1 day shy of 20 weeks.... I just hope everything is still ok in there I know I really should get a Doppler too but I am just gonna leave it upto what ever happens will happen.

If I post my 12 week scan does anyone wanna take a guess for me on the gender??

Good luck with your apt tomorrow Pinkorblue. I' sure all will be perfect.

Jersey- I'm with you celebrating every week as well!! I believe each week we are closer to our rainbow being in our arms is a good thing.

Rainkat- I was in hawaii for the weekend! I know it sounds crazy but the flights weren't too bad and dh and I won a trip so..... it was so relaxing and I definitely popped out even ore. I think wearing summer clothes made my bump more obvious. I had several strangers ask me if I was expecting? I would have to be pretty sure to ask a complete stranger that one!! Back at work after flying all night and feeling pretty tired.

(Stalking again! Hope you don't mind :) ) That is a brave person to ask such a thing! :rofl: My mother was approached on a plane once about her "due date"...Yeah. She wasn't pregnant :haha: Poor mom....:nope:..She was pretty offended! So glad you took a vactaion to Hawaii! GORGEOUS place to visit, you deserve it! :hugs:

Hi Grey Eyes!! I have been stalking your thread too! I can't believe that your LO still hasn't come. Well for all I know you are at the hospital right now giving birth! I hope so.

Bailey I love my doppler!! I want to use it every day what do you think? Is that excessive? I am starting to feel more movements as well but it is so nice to hear the hb!! I think dh likes it too!

Marathon~ Yay for the Doppler arriving!!! Glad you found the hb so quickly, enjoy! :D

Rain~ Glad you have a scan date all set!

7~ I loved prenatal yoga! I feel a bit cheated this time around but at least I can look forward to postnatal yoga. Will be thinking of you on the 7th.

Bailey~ Aqua natal classes sound cool, hope you like it. :) Sorry to hear about your back.. If I can make it past 28 weeks, I'm going to talk to my acupuncturist about seeing her again. That was the only thing that helped my lower back pain. Woohooo for 16 weeks too! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->