Spring Blossoms 2013 - 10 born; 5 pink and 5 blue rainbows!!

Jersey, I felt suddenly normal after the first tri was over- it doesn't mean something is wrong! Also I am 17 + weeks and just started to get a little bump last week. It's still not noticeable though. I looked at pictures online of 20 week bumps that were hardly even visible... So please don't worry, it's all normal.

Maybe it's worth getting the Doppler? Especially if you are driving yourself crazy with worry anyway, it might help alleviate your fears...just don't use it outside of office hours (my doc made me promise :)

Bailey, so sorry about your tooth- how frustrating! Hope is doesn't get any worse and I am glad you are in better spirits today.

I have been quite irritable too...my dog bailey is the most stubborn creature on the world, won't pee on the rain, almost made me late for work today and every time I take her out lately I have to carry her because she plants her feet and refuses to walk! Ruined my whole day and nearly put me in tears this morning :(

Hope we all can catch a ray of sunshine soon...just keep reminding myself, little bean is growing inside of me, no reason to be sad!

Hugs xxxx

Ah! I totally just got a swift little kick while prodding around with my doppler. I've had a rough couple of days- emotionally- and was hoping to get some reassurance with that little heartbeat, but I got twice as much! So then I kinda palpated a bit to feel where baby is at (I can generally feel where when s/he is up higher in my uterus) and got a little poke again! Such a blessing, and a much needed one today. (14w3d)

I'm hoping to catch up with the recent posts in a little bit!! Hope everyone is well!!

Where is everyone today!

Congrats on 17 weeks Bailey!

Yay for the little poke Elohcin!!

Yay for being 15 weeks!!!
Weird that I have been feeling a bit nauseous again the last few days?? I remember feeling like that through most of my pregnancy with dd.

I'm here mg, just dogsitting my BIL and SIL's dog and shes following my every move and is taking a lot of my attention this evening, bless my poor Bailey, he's a bit sulky!

Yay for 15 weeks MG!!! Its so exciting isnt it? My emotions were pretty good today, until work phoned me and said I had to come in this evening coz they were short (I am on call) and I got really angry and then cried about it (lord knows why I have no plans except dog sitting lol) and after all that was phoned and told it was ok as someone else had said they'd work lol!! So overreactions aside, I am doing better today than earlier in the week!

I have organised to go out for lunch and baby shopping with my friend who is 26 weeks, so I think that has brightened my mood a little.

And I really do think that my doppler helps me stay feeling good. If I ever have doubts I can just listen to the hobbit wriggling away, and if I ever cant find the heartbeat I would then go and phone my midwife and ask her to see if she can find it, if she cant then all we can do is go from there.....but after the shock that happened to my SIL I would rather know that something is wrong sooner than later if all that makes sense?

So, any exciting developments/scan/appts? It seems to be a bit of a quiet time in pregnancy 13 - 20 weeks doesnt it? Except for the extreme emotions of course!

I feel the same about the Doppler. I've only had one day where it took a bit to find the hb. I had a doc apt the the other day as well and she found it within seconds. What is your average hb? My LO seems to go from 138-155 depending on hoe active he/she is at the time and the time of day. One night I did it before bed and it was 135-142 or so. My doc said that 110-160 is normal? Just curious to know what others are finding with their Dopplers? My doc did mention the correlation between hb and gender? I thought that was just an old wive's tale but she said you would have to listen for about 20 mins to get a good idea of the average. Hope your poor little Bailey comes out of her little slump. How long are you dog sitting?

Bailey is my boy doggie, and we have got a female doggie that we are dogsitting so she is feeling weird and "whats going on?" think she remembers me from meeting me before so is sticking to me like glue, and she is wary of Bailey but he's just ignoring her and sulking coz she is getting all my attention coz I want her to settle lol!! Good job I dont have to walk them both on my own though coz I'd have my hands full!

My hobbits hb seems to ramge between 135-145 bpms now, but I always do it in the evening. I know that I should do it during office hours in case I cant find it but he/she is most active in the evening and I love listening to all the wriggles and chase him/her around with the doppler wand lol!! What did your doc say about hb and gender MG? I heard there was an old wives tale about it but not sure what it was.

I feel the same about the Doppler. I've only had one day where it took a bit to find the hb. I had a doc apt the the other day as well and she found it within seconds. What is your average hb? My LO seems to go from 138-155 depending on hoe active he/she is at the time and the time of day. One night I did it before bed and it was 135-142 or so. My doc said that 110-160 is normal? Just curious to know what others are finding with their Dopplers? My doc did mention the correlation between hb and gender? I thought that was just an old wive's tale but she said you would have to listen for about 20 mins to get a good idea of the average. Hope your poor little Bailey comes out of her little slump. How long are you dog sitting?

Mine is always lowest if I do it right before bed, too (which is funny to me, as it seems later in the pregnancy they are always MOST active starting about that time! LOL). Mine is generally mid 150's-mid 160's, but it was in the 140's the other night when I did it before bed.

The old wives tale is something like >150=girl, <150=boy. Which was actually kinda true for mine, my son had the lowest HR of all 3 of mine, always around 140-145. But my middle daughter was right in the middle, around 150's all the time, so that could have gone either way.

Oooh so maybe my boy predictions are true lol.

Elohcin, glad im not the only one that uses it in the evening!

Yay Marathon, go team navel orange!! :) Hope the nausea goes away completely for you.

Have fun shopping with your friend, Bailey. Aww, your poor Bailey, I hope he comes around. *hugs* for him. Glad you have the day off after all! :)

I'm trying to keep some positivity going, I can't help but notice I'm 4 weeks away from the week things started to go wrong for Azriel. :( Phone appointments for therapy won't be a problem, so that was good to hear. The appointment went as well as it could have but I'm going to request someone who specializes in pregnancy. I do like the deep breathing techniques he suggested though.

I have my bi-weekly appointment coming up but I'm not too happy about it and need to confront the Peri about his attitude. He had the nerve to blame me for bleeding he claims he knew nothing about while placing the cerclage and not mentioning it BUT I had, many times to the staff who asked me and they made note of it. I didn't see the need to repeat myself since they said he would be checking my chart. He got in DH's face about it while I was in recovery ranting about how he's not going to tolerate that crap. :growlmad: Great way to treat worried parents. I wish my body would cooperate so I could go elsewhere for high risk care but I can barely make the 30 minute drive, 2-3 hours I can forget it. :nope:

Aw pinkorblue, get him told!! Thats no way to speak to patients!! What an arse!

I agree with Bailey your doc needs to get his head out of his arse! I'm sorry you've had to deal with that. I know what you mean about dates. I have one coming up too. I feel quite sad about it.
Thanks for responding about the hb. I would say that I mostly check my LO in the evening. I would say mine is more like yours Bailey and I think I'm having a girl?? That's just my gut feeling plus I did that method with the 6 week scan and the side the yolk sac is on. Who knows? Soon we will know if our hunches are right!

Yeah wont be long, unless my little monkey has his/her legs crossed and we cant see which has happened to my friend lol!!
I think if that happened to me I would end up going for a 4d scan coz I would need to know lol!!

Thanks ladies, he really is but so are a lot of them in that department, it's sad that this is what high risk parents have to put up with.

DH is still hoping for pink lol, he was really happy to hear Mighty's prediction with the 6 week scan pic. I still think blue though. :)

Very happy for you guys, won't be much longer before gender scan day! :) :)

Yeah, Mighty's really good... She should give me a prediction. :) I'm still waiting on gender conformation. Zoela was modest at our 20 week scan and I couldn't find out. But at 14+4, I was told :pink:!

Probably :pink: but its at the back of my head that I could be :blue:! I'm hoping we'll see at our scan on Thursday.

Good luck on Thursday, Leinz. I hope your little one decides to be not so modest this time. ;)

Lets hope you can have it confirmed leinzlove! It might be a bit if a shock when Zoella is born and is a boy lol!

Yeah, Mighty's really good... She should give me a prediction. :) I'm still waiting on gender conformation. Zoela was modest at our 20 week scan and I couldn't find out. But at 14+4, I was told :pink:!

Probably :pink: but its at the back of my head that I could be :blue:! I'm hoping we'll see at our scan on Thursday.

I can't find your 14+4 pic! Post it and I'll give you my best guess. ;)

Ooh mighty wot do u think I'm having Hun?? I need to wait till 27th nov I'm thinking I'm team pink but keep dreaming I'm having a boy....xx

Hope all u ladies are well....xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->