Starting clomid in February... buddies?

Hi Krissie,

I am taking 50mg Clomid days 1 through 5. The first month I ovulated around my normal of 19 days. I am trying the 50 mg for one more month since I am already into the cycle now, but I was just told that it will increase for our third cycle to 100mg.

I guess I have been very fortunate with the side effects of all the medications. The metformin causes some slight dizziness once in a while. However, I dislike waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat with a BBT of 97.1. Go figure. DH says I'm just weird. lol

Krissie, I hope AF passes you by and you get your BFP!

dog mommy: I haven't been diagnosed with endometriosis but I know what it is. Have you been diagnosed with it? Has af showed up for you yet so you can start?

Krissie: By the looks of your signature you have good news? Waiting for an official update! :)

AFM: Increasing my metformin seemed to be a good idea. I've had spotting 2 days of the past 4...I should hear by the end of this week about getting a gynaecologist appointment and if nothing happens by then, clomid!

Sending hope to everyone :)

Hope you guys don't mind if I join, I've been TTC since Nov 2013 no fertility issues long time contraceptive pill user I'm 32 and had a natural BFP in Aug 2015 but MC at 6wks and BFN since started Clomid first time in Jan CD 2-6 had neg on Opks since I'm in CD21 now I normally O around CD 14 but nothing. Been for bloods today so got to phone for results tomorrow and if AF starts this month then they will start follicle tracking next month. I'm currently on 50 mg and took at night before bed didn't have any side effects apart from a couple of little hot flushes and a little moody if you listen to my husband ��. Was wondering how everyone is getting on qith Clomid and if it also caused late O I'm hoping I had a short O and missed it on OPK as I only tested once a day in the morning I don't temp either too much hassle

Ursaula yeah when Dr did an u/s to see why we weren't conceiving they found two endometriomas on my ovaries :/ but I got those removed :) I'm still waiting on AF... getting really annoying I thought I had started but just spotting. I found out my progesterone is low so that is probably causing the spotting. What does metformin do?

Hi Angela! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:
I haven't started clomid yet. Still waiting on AF and another u/s to mAke sure I don't have cysts again.

Hopefully you get some info tomorrow on whats going on!

Hi dogmommy thanks for the welcome, heres hoping for good results tomorrow I will keep you guys posted over what they say.

And good luck with your tests I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything is fine and you can start on clomid, have you ever taken it before I'm a first timer and these threads have taught me alot so far and helped me get the right advice from my RE

Well got some exciting news about my bloods today they said that I'm ovulating yeeyyyy so happy. They said anything over 30 is a good sign and mine are 96 which is extremely good. They can't explain why I've had no positive on the OPK but said the bloods are more accurate and precise and everything is showing as good news I'm so relieved plenty of BDing for me or I could already be in my 2ww who knows I will keep you all posted cross your fingers for me girls.

That's great news Angela! That's really a nice number. Maybe the opks missed it. I think this cycle I'm going to try one opk in morning and one at night bc I'm nervous about missing it! I haven't tried clomid yet but I'm so excited! I've heard about the side effects but they don't worry me :)

Thanks hun, I know I was so shocked when she told me the number as because I've no positive on Opks and I'm now CD22 I really thought I hadn't Od and thought I was out of the running so I'm going to keep going with Opk just incase I haven't already, I'm wondering whether my cycle is regulating again which means I won't O till 14th of the month or I could already be in the 2ww who knows but Im feeling so much more positive now. How are you getting on what CD you up too x

Angela I'm going on CD 34 which is very rare for me but I guess the lap "stressed" my body so im still waiting for AF so I can start the new cycle with clomid. What was it that they checked on you? Progesterone?

Angela I'm going on CD 34 which is very rare for me but I guess the lap "stressed" my body so im still waiting for AF so I can start the new cycle with clomid. What was it that they checked on you? Progesterone?

Well I hope your AF comes soon hun so you can begin your journey, I tested again and still neg on OPK I'm also how to put it quite dry but I know that can be a side effect. Yes it's was my progesterone level they checked they said I'm definitely ovulating with results like that. I didn't really have any side effects but I took it at night so probably slept through them. I'm going to keep Opk each day but will stop I think after another 5 days as I know then that I must have missed it on OPK x

Thanks Angela! Still waiting for AF. Thinking about calling dr and see if we can jump start it bc I'm 100% not pg bc of the lap. How long are your cycles usually? Are you having any symptoms?

Hi everyone, I am new to this sight and wanted to join the family.
To sum everything up I had a few rounds of letrozole and gonal f and got my :bfp: that ended in a MC at 10 wks. This would have been my first everything at 34
That was two years ago, during that time I was trying naturally with no luck. So I decided to try clomid on my own since I wouldn't be able to make the doctor trip every other day to get monitored with the injectibles.
I was put on 2000mg metformin and 100 mg clomid which I started days 3-7 of my cycle. Today I am on CD8 and according to FF I'm suppose to ovulate next weekend. I hope that is the case because I have been reading that Clomid make us ovulate late that night be the only time I get to see dh since he works out of town and only comes home on the weekends.
I only use temp and opk for ovulation, cm has always been impossible for me so Preseed is my best friend. Fx to every one catching an egg this month and lots of baby dust.

Thanks Angela! Still waiting for AF. Thinking about calling dr and see if we can jump start it bc I'm 100% not pg bc of the lap. How long are your cycles usually? Are you having any symptoms?

I would hun see if they will put you on something to kick start the AF. My CD is normally around 30 days I do AF every month but I'm a long time contraceptive pill user from the age of 16-30 wen I came off it Ttc in Nov 2013, so my AF is all over the place I can never predict when it will happen each month and don't suffer from period pains. My AF did regulate last year for around 4 months and in this time I did BFP but Mc at 6wks and now the past 2months they have irregulate again. I wasn't hopeful this month that Clomid would work for me but now I am since my bloods. I do hope this works and me and my husband get our perfect family that we crave.

do you suffer from anything like PCOs have they put you on anything else alongside Clomid to help begin your cycle x

Hi everyone, I am new to this sight and wanted to join the family.
To sum everything up I had a few rounds of letrozole and gonal f and got my :bfp: that ended in a MC at 10 wks. This would have been my first everything at 34
That was two years ago, during that time I was trying naturally with no luck. So I decided to try clomid on my own since I wouldn't be able to make the doctor trip every other day to get monitored with the injectibles.
I was put on 2000mg metformin and 100 mg clomid which I started days 3-7 of my cycle. Today I am on CD8 and according to FF I'm suppose to ovulate next weekend. I hope that is the case because I have been reading that Clomid make us ovulate late that night be the only time I get to see dh since he works out of town and only comes home on the weekends.
I only use temp and opk for ovulation, cm has always been impossible for me so Preseed is my best friend. Fx to every one catching an egg this month and lots of baby dust.

Welcome it's always nice to hear someone's story good luck hun. Well I've heard it can cause late O too I'm CD23 neg on OPK still but my bloods came back that I am ovulating so I think I may have missed it on OPK as I only test once a day in the morning only x are you being monitored by a doctor

Angela I was I long time a BCP user too about 13 years I believe. I actually should have known I had endometriosis when I was 15 bc my dr put me on BCP to deal with my horrendous periods. But oh well! My cycles were always 29-32 days apart but know I'm going on CD 35! I'm just really worried something's wrong. I'm itching to start Clomid and bding but AF won't show. At this point when she does show I hope its not painful. The dr mentioned PCOS so I don't believe so. If you're already CD 23 out of maybe 30 you could be really close to a BFP!

Hi mocha! I'm sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing. How is temping? Have you had any clomid side effects?

Here's hoping guys I think I am in my 2ww I really hope it works I know my bloods where good but that's no guarantee that I am pregnant just that I ovulated which is good news. I've heard others on these threads that you can get drugs from your doctor that can help bring on AF and regulate it. I've decided though that Im not going to test till 1st March if AF doesn't show wish me luck.

Got some news today from a friend who moved to Australia she's just had a baby girl didn't even know she was pregnant went hospital with severe abdominal pain and found out she was actually in labour, I'm absolutely made up for her but also feel envious and upset as everyone around me is finding it so easy to conceive why is it so difficult for me. Finding these forums has helped speaking to people in the same boat as me and understand what I'm going through xx

Angela for sure!! I know the feeling every time one of my friends tells me she's pregnant I feel like I've been punched in the stomach. I'm always so excited for them but there's also the feeling why not me?! And the constant reminder from everyone and I feel like I don't personally know anyone else that has had to go through all this just to get pregnant. I'm so lucky to have all you ladies to vent to! Bc all the waiting drives me crazy! I'm still waiting for AF.... going to call the re office in a couple hours to see what I can do.

I have my fingers toes and everything crossed for you Angela!!

Keep me posted what they say hun it must be really frustrating waiting that long to AF it would drive me crazy,

I know exactly how you feel hun everyone around me is having or had children and all talk about how easy it was for them. When I tell them about my MC they reply 'it was just not meant to be' and when I tell them about my struggle they say 'it'll happen when it will happen' they mean well but them phrases annoy me and make me feel like screaming at them. Also people who don't know how hard it is and because your married they say things like 'no kids yet' or so 'no news of any pitter patter of tiny feet, when can we expect kid's' I wish I could tell them but I can't. It doesn't help that my husband is an only child aswell and his parents are desperate for grandchildren.

Here's hoping we all get our Clomid babies we all dream of I am feeling more positive about things since my blood results and hoping I get my BFP and you do too.

Hello again gals!

Metformin is normally used for sugars with people who suffer from diabetes. It has been known more recently for helping to regulate cycles and such so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Metformin paired with Clomid works wonders (so I've heard from doctors). However, I've been on metformin since November (was increased about 1.5 weeks ago) and still nothing, no af, no bfp, nothing. I'm on cd250 (since I started tracking that is) but haven't had af in about 6 years. URGH!! I'm hoping this new dose will get things working again...

Hello again gals!

Metformin is normally used for sugars with people who suffer from diabetes. It has been known more recently for helping to regulate cycles and such so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Metformin paired with Clomid works wonders (so I've heard from doctors). However, I've been on metformin since November (was increased about 1.5 weeks ago) and still nothing, no af, no bfp, nothing. I'm on cd250 (since I started tracking that is) but haven't had af in about 6 years. URGH!! I'm hoping this new dose will get things working again...

Oh god Ursela I really hope you get your AF with the help your getting keep me posted how you get on, I've been TTC since Nov 2013 in that time had one MC at 6 wks, done all fertility tests and RE put it down to unexplained fertility. I started Clomid in Jan 2016 50mg and went for my CD21 bloods which showed I was ovulating, anything over 30 is a good signing I got 96. I'm on CD23 not temping but do OPK each day and still negative today. I am now assuming due to my blood results that I have already Od and just missed it on OPK as only do once a day. I'm hoping that I'm already in my TWW as husband and I have just come down with flu so haven't been able to do any BDing the last two days and looks like we won't be able to for another few days either so wish me luck.

AF should show around 22nd so I'm guessing the countdown begins xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"