Starting clomid in February... buddies?

That stinks. I wonder if the clomid made you O way early? Which cd did you take it? I don't start until cd 5. And I got a call today he wants to do a trigger shot as well with the clomid. I'm not sure yet what it means but hopefully ill be picking it all up tomorrow.

Sorry that AF came, Angela!!!! My fingers are already crossed for you for next month!

Today was my first day. I took 50 mg this morning. So far no side effects! I kept feeling like a headache could be trying to come on, but only for a second or two at a time, so that was a relief.

I am also the crazy person who has already started using OPKs for this cycle and I'm only on CD5. I just don't want to miss it.....lol!

Well I now know that Clomid shortened my cycle as last months was only 26 days long which it is normally around 30 days, I think that's what happened dogmommy that it made me O really early and we missed our chance as by the time I started doing OPKS it was probably already too late as they where all negative but my bloods told me that I was definitely Oing. This month though I'm remaining positive as I'll be going fertility clinic and also starting follicle tracking so that will give me a better chance.

I'm on 50mg and got to take it CD2-6 so I'm going to take it at night again before I go bed x

Did you find out what the trigger shot was is that to assist in Oing

Brandi that's a good idea maybe I'll start opks sooner than usual. I start Clomid tomorrow and ill take that till cd 9. And then they want me to come in in a week and check my follicles. And if they are mature ill do the trigger shot so then ovulation will definitely happen in the next 36 hours so we bd the day of the shot and the next day and then I start progesterone 4 days later. It's a lot and I'm feeling overwhelmed already!

Angela what cd did you start opks?

I started them around CD12 I think so this time I'm going to start as soon as AF has gone and I'll also be doing the follicle tracking too x

Hello ladies,
Angela...sorry af showed up. Fx you catch an egg next cycle.

Afm, I am on CD15 and got my first pos opk about 4pm today. Dh was 4.5 hours from me and I hit the road immediately to see him. He works at night so I made it just in time:sex: and a whole lot more for the next two days:happydance:
I had a drop in temp yesterday but today I woke up late so it was off a little but still low. I will continue to do opk and temp until I get an increase for the next few days to confirm O.

Angela the trigger shot is to release the egg. Pretty much forced O.

So ladies I have attached pics of my opk. I tested on the evening of the 17th got a envious neg tested on the evening of the 18th got what I thought was a pos and tested aound 1am on the 19th and got a absolute neg rest. The only thing I think I can depend on now to confirm O is an increase temp.

Attachments

• 0218161612d-1.jpg
    0218161612d-1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 0219160056a-1.jpg
    0219160056a-1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
Mocha I usually only get one positive opk . All my packages say to stop after you get a positive but I never do haha. And AF always shows up about 14 days after the positive opk. I've been told that I dont ovulate strong enough tho. I think as long as you BD around the positive one you should have your bases covered!

I temper this morning and it even lower than the past do days. Sex was a little painful with the pressure on both sides of my ovaries. I am still achy on both sides today and my back hurts. No sure what to expect. I did insert preseed before intercourse and inseted a softcup after so everything stayed in I also wore it for the 12hours it said. I will keep you ladies posted.

Dogmommy I never usually ovulate strong enough either so I was praying that the clomid and metformin would help with that. Fx it did, I am 36 and I don't know much more of this chemical my body can take. My symptoms change every time so ii cannot pinpoint which feeling is going to result in a bfp which results in the worst 2ww. Oh and did I mention I was military so everything I do has to be timed perfect due to the high demands of work and always be gone from DH.

Well I'm on CD5 got two more days of Clomid to take and I will have finished my second course my AF is nearly gone I've noticed that Clomid has shortened my cycles and also lightened my AF. I know I'll only be CD6 tomorrow but I'm going to start OPKS as I reckon Clomid made me O early and don't want to miss it, so far still suffered no side effects to Clomid not even a hot flush so I don't know whether that's a good thing or bad we shall see. I'm still waiting for my appointments to come through for follicle tracking and fertility clinic x still trying to remain positive and hopeful even though last month has knocked my confidence slightly with AF showing x

Mocha is the painful sex bc of the meds? I'm on my 3rd day of clomid and haven't noticed any side effects. We haven't bd yet bc they wanted me to wAit until genetic testing came back but I'm thinking about just doing it anyway. We were trying for over a year and never had genetic screening done. I don't want to miss our chance if clomid makes me O early but they are saying I won't O until next weekend. Ugh I feel like I'm always waiting for something. Do you all feel the same?

I bought some cheap opks going to take one today I think! I don't think it's ever too early with clomid angela.

Angela....I think the clomid did made my cycle shorter and lighter too which I was greatful for since I have a crazy seven days cycle. I purchse my opk on Amazon very cheap 40opk and 10 hpt for $8 and you get it in about two days. The brand is Clinical Guard and they haven't fail me yet since I got my O every time with them and my 14dpo bfp so you can test as many times your heart desire. Well the good thing is with the follicle tracking at least you know you are growing a mature egg that will definitely cause you to O. I was going to do a ultra sound to see the size of my follicles and I got a pos opk that day so I changed my mind.

Dogmommy.... The pain was because of o. I bd Valentine's weekend and no problem just this past two nights even my back started hurting all the symptoms for me to O. You can test when ever you want so you are more aware. Remember you still have to give that follicle time to grow, I think it's about 2mm a day so testing cd10 is no bad but the most reliable is the temp because you can have a pos opk and still not O due to a lot of factors stress, pcos and get another pos later again in the cycle. So I think it's a great idea to temp to see you temp drop the same time you get a pos opk and to see your temp rise for 3 days to confirm that you did ovulate for sure.

Afm I bd again last night still had some pain I just adjusted my body so I would be so uncomfortable. I temp this morning had my 1st temp rise so we will see if the is a continues increase for the next two days so I can confirm O.

My AF use to be heavy too and last the full 7 days but now it's heavy for three days then light for a couple days before disappearing I've just taken tablet number 4 and AF virtually gone gorgeous one more tablet tomorrow still now side effects either I'm going to start my Opks tomorrow as I'm sure last month I Od before or around CD10 so we shall see. I haven't had my date through yet for follicle tracking but I'm hoping it comes through next week along with my fertility clinic appointment. I'm not as excited this month though like I was for last month I think it's because I never got great results last month but we shall see, last month we BD everyday for two weeks I think we'll change that to every other day as from reading up every day is bad as the sperm count is weaker and needs a break to replenish so we will see if that works out better for us xx how is everyone else getting on x

DogMommy!!!!! I just looked at your siggy....and We have the same wedding date!!! I got married on 6/7/2014 too!!!!!! COOL!!!!!! LOL. That is all.

I am still waiting for AF to show in a few days!!!

Mocha are you going to get labs to see if ovulation was stronger this time. My brother in law is in the service as well and I know what you mean he's gone for months at a time sometimes just weeks but still! Thank you for your service!

Angela I hope you catch that positive opk! I know what you mean about bd. We've done every day and every other but not sure which the best route is.

Ashley that is very cool!!!!! Have you had the questions for the past year and a half about when will you have a baby??? I just want to tell them I wish I knew! But until then stop asking! Haha it comes with the territory I suppose.

AFM today is my fourth day of clomid and I am an emotional wreck. Worse than I can ever remember. I happy cried and said cried all night. Not sure if it's just the idea of this process or the clomid. But DH has been my rock. And I'm grateful for that!

Ashley that is very cool!!!!! Have you had the questions for the past year and a half about when will you have a baby??? I just want to tell them I wish I knew! But until then stop asking! Haha it comes with the territory I suppose.

I have gotten questions and a few of our friends/relatives who got married AFTER us are pregnant or have had their children. Sigh.

I just kind of smile and my husband uses a generic reply like "whenever God decides"

Not many people know that we are having problems TTC except for our parents and a few friends that I confided in.

I was tempted to POAS today, but refrained. The first few months of TTC I POAS like a mad woman and it would ruin my day because I would get so hopeful. When I see BFN's it ruined my day. Now I just plan on getting AF and never test lol.

This will be my first round of Clomid (as soon as AF) shows up. How are the side effects mamas????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->