Sticking Together Crew

Haha Yeah Jen everything was fine.. just holding a sleeping baby at that time so just wanted to at least say hi.. :)

Both kids are in bed.. catching up on journals.. almost midnight though already.. seems like my time is going just too fast now days.. I cant keep up as much as i want to...

Made a garden, it was fun.. will do pics on fb.. lol i know im lame.. but i love it..

Hope your all doing well.. cant believe we will all have babies soon.. :)

Yay for more babies. Logan, put some pics up so we can see your garden. Bet it looks lovely.

Jen, how are things with you?

Hoep everyone else is hanging in there. Bet you're all manically busy with your little ones.

I'm going through a really broody stage. I keep looking at everyone announcing they're pregnant or going through pregnancy and I think 'I want that excitement again!' and then I remember the worry and the being uncomfortable at the end and the sleepless nights at the beginning and I think hmmm, maybe not just yet! lol. Could NOT be pregnant with Eden this young, she's only just gone in to her own room (slept all the way through the night last night by the way, WAHOO!) and I think I want to enjoy her for a while longer on her own. Plan is still TTC next year!

Yes Tracey i will put some pics on fb.. as soon as the weather is nicer.. as yesterday is was windier than holy shit and today is storming.. blah.. stupid weather..

Rachel yay for eden sleeping in her own room.. we have had bryce in his for awhile now.. and he sleeps so much better than he ever did in our room.. :) through the night till almost 7 now.. :) wahoo.. wahooo for eden too.. look at our babies growing so fast..

Stacey hope your well.. ava is just precious.. :)

Yay for ttc next year too Rachel.. fun fun.. we starting the end of the year.. probably dec.. :) no earlier than nov for sure..

Jen, Cassie, Erika, Andrea, Ysa.. hope your all doing fantastic.. :) Miss you all.. well not jen cuz she is still on here quite a bit.. :) Vicki & Sarah.. forgot about you.. sorry.. miss you both as well hope your little guys are doing well..

am very jealous of all your babies sleeping through....I put Darragh down between 7 and 8pm, get up at 7 or 8am and he is up to a feed at least 3 times between then. It did go down to 2 but recently it went up to 4/5 and now settled on 3 again. I'm trying to not feed him and just try settle him again but it doesn't work really and now with the weather being so warm i worry he needs to drink more anyway!!! Oh for one night where i slept through would be amazing!!! Since darragh was born the most i have ever slept in one go is 3.5hours!!!!!

also am really cross with myself cause i have tried to make sure darragh gets plenty of tummy time and everything but as he always sleeps with his head to the right i've noticed his head is flatter on the right side .... don't think i realised it was happening or how bad it was cause he has sooo much hair!!! I know his head shape will improve once he is up and about more but it is really upsetting as it is sooo preventable....i'm noe totally obsessed with turning his head and limiting his time on his back!!! grrrrr feel like a shit mum right now!!!!

Awwww, Sarah! :hugs: Don't beat yourself up! It's such a minor thing and now that you've noticed it, you can fix the problem. Easy peasy.
I wonder why he's not sleeping through... I read somewhere that the average is 6-12 weeks... What is he now, like 15-16 weeks? I suppose that's within the realm of normal... he'll probably start sleeping through soon.

I'm soooo broody. It's unbelievable. It's all I ever think about. Sometimes I feel bad about it, like I'm not enjoying Samuel, but I really am. And I do worry that if I have another one right away then I'll miss stuff with Samuel, but I was worried about that with Thomas and it hasn't happened.
Idk. I'm ready to make a baby today! But of course having two babies exactly one year apart is INSANE.
It's insane, right?

Yes jen its insane.. Your my buddy on the ttc front .. :) we all need buddies and your mine.. and i think i would be best to wait a bit since you did have a csection... not a year but i would say at least 6 months.. :) I would never ever want to be preg before that.. your body needs time after having a baby too.. took 9 months to make it give it the same time after.. idk my opinion i guess.. though ppl do it.. i never ever ever will..

Sarah sorry to hear no sttn.. wow only 3.5 hours.. ekks i would be dead.. and bryce has a small flatter spot on the back of his head.. i think its getting better now though.. its easy to fix.. just do what you can now that you have noticed it.. :) your not a shit mom.. your a great mom..

Hope your all well.. Jen no baby now.. lol

Well last night was better....went down at 8.30pm, woke at 1.30am..couldn't settle so fed him, woke again at 4am, again couldn't settle him so fed him.....then for some reason at about 5.30 am he was crying in his sleep...pick up put down seemed to be settling him but then at 6am he was not settling so again i fed him....up at 7.30 for the morning......not sure why we start out ok but as morning gets closer he gets more unsettled.....Jen is the 6-12 weeks include breastfed babies aswell??
Logan i know right 3.5 hours is crazy..he has slept for longer but its so unusual that i wake up anyway after a few hours...my body i guess is now programmed that way!!!! i feel tired in the mornings but i'm ok usually by the time i've had breakfast and a cuppa!!

I've heard you're supposed to give a c-section a year to heal before you get pregnant again? Could be wrong though, I know that's how much this woman I know on facebook had to wait, and she was waiting TO THE DAY because she was desperate to get pregnant again. Thinking I'm going to ask for a c-section this time. All my scans etc came back fine from my tear, but I dunno... I feel like I got off lucky this time with how I healed and if I have another big baby I could not be so lucky next time. I guess I'll see what happens with the next baby and decide closer to the time. You don't have to sort out your birth plan till third tri anyway over here.

I am EXHAUSTED, just had to tidy my entire house as the estate agent is coming to take photos as landlord is selling the house. I know it doesn't have to be immaculate to take pictures but I feel like the agent might report back to the landlord so don't want them saying we live in a pigsty (not that we do or anything, just sometimes I don't get round to doing the dishes etc etc). Plus we're hiding Ruby so we don't have to pay the stupid pet deposit. LOL so she's gone off for a ride in the car with Ell! xx

Haha Logan, thanks for talking some sense into me!! I'm going to expect that from you over the next several months!! :haha:

Sarah-- what I read didn't distinguish between bf and ff babies, so I'm going to assume it's either? Though I know bf babies usually eat more frequently, right? Idk... do you dreamfeed?

Rachel-- my dr didn't say I had to wait a year (though I didn't come right out and ask), and my dad's gf who is a l&d nurse didn't seem to think it was really necessary.
I guess it is just good sense not to get pregnant too soon after, but I don't think I want to wait another four years this time, plus I'm worried we might have trouble getting pregnant again.

Talking sense to you is all very well Jen, but WHAT is that cycle tracker ticker doing in your signature !?!?!?!??!?!?! :haha::winkwink:

:haha:
It's just to help me keep track of what day I'm on... mostly so I know when AF is due back and how long my cycles are going. But also to sort of get a feel for when I'm o'ing and what my LP is... And if we ever :sex: again, I'm going to need to know when I'm fertile. (With the aim of NOT getting pregnant.)

Thats what im doing too... cbfm style :) only 5 more months jrn not long at all

Jen....if by dreamfeed you mean pick him up while he is totally asleep and feed him before i go to bed then no i don't do that....but in the night hen he fusses he doesn't really wake up...if he doesn't settle with a cuddle then i feed him...he rarely opens his eyes through any of this. I've thought of giving him a dream feed when i go to bed but to be honest thats when he is in the middle of his longest sleep stretch and i'm worried i might just interupt that. Last night he slept 8.15 till 1.30am so that was good but then like clockwork up at 4am and 5.30 (for a poo!), then 7.30 for the day.

rachel - bout the section, I have to say my experience of the recovery was a good one, pain managed really well, hardly experienced any at all to be honest but i have to say the 4-6weeks when you can't drive or lift is a real pain and i can imagine its worse if you already have a toddler, jen can confirm that i'm sure. And now my tummy feels a bit weird, am numb all around my scar and it aches from time to time, feels a bit odd if i walk too quick/run as well. I'm definitely going to try for a vaginal delivery if i can next but at the moment i'm pretty sure i will not agree to an induction....if that gets mentioned then its off to theatre for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if all of you end up ttc again at the same time :haha: Although some of you *cough Jen* may buckle earlier than others :haha:

I can share all of my pregnancy aches and pains again if it helps! Not that I think any of you had spd/pelvic girdle pain with your pregnancies so you're unlikely to get it I think. I'll miss out all the good stuff ;) (although finally being pregnant is amazing!).

Good luck with the sleeping, Sarah, I hope you can crack it. No more than 3.5 hours will be sending me :wacko:

Oh, Sarah, I think 8:15- 1:30 is pretty good. I heard somewhere that 5 hrs is considered sleeping through... And that's what Samuel did for a couple weeks before he caught on to the all-night thing. Which he still doesn't do every night but maybe 4-5 nights out of 7. I think Darragh will catch on soon.

I would also say that my c-section experience was a good one, BUT. I think it should be approached very cautiously. Because it is surgery, there is risk of infection and recovery can be complicated and lengthy. Also risk of pnd is higher. And yes, I think it is more difficult to have to take care of an older child and your baby all the while recovering from surgery. I'm not anti-c-section, but I think anyone who chooses one should make an educated decision-- same as any other birth-related decision, of course. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->