Sticking together has 6 BFP's Congrats Ladies xx

Is douching recommended? I thought it was a no-no unless recommended by your doctor as it can mess up the environment of the vagina. :shrug:

https://womenshealth.about.com/cs/azhealthtopics/a/vagdouching.htm

Is Douching Healthy?
Simply stated, the answer is "No."

According to a study published by the American Journal of Public Health, douching may reduce a woman's chance of becoming pregnant during a particular month by approximately thirty percent.

Regular vaginal douching changes the delicate chemical balance of the vagina and can make a woman more susceptible to infections. Douching can introduce new bacteria into the vagina which can spread up through the cervix, uterus, and fallopian tubes. Researchers have found that women who douche regularly experience more vaginal irritations and infections such as bacterial vaginosis, and an increased number of sexually transmitted diseases.

Furthermore, regular users of vaginal douches face a significantly higher risk of developing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) -- a chronic condition that can lead to infertility, or even death, if left untreated. Bacterial vaginosis and PID can have serious adverse affects on pregnancy including infections in the baby, labor problems, and preterm delivery.

For these reasons, douching is no longer recommended as a safe or healthy way to routinely clean the vagina. The only safe and healthy way to clean the vagina is to let the vagina clean itself. The delicate chemical balance of the vagina is very sensitive and easily disrupted by routine vaginal douching.

No douchy! :haha:

i know i'v read it all :shrug: but then you get the flip side of the one's it has worked for??

I'm not thinking of doing it regular and the info also says it shouldnt be done regular, dont know i'm getting to the point where i am willing to try anything

Lintu - it's up to you, of course! :) Maybe check with your doc first? I'd be wary of anything that could push bacteria up into the cervix and uterus, you don't want to be doing yourself any damage xx

leah - basically rinsing out the inside of the vagina by forcing fluid into it.

Douching is squirting water into your vagina to clean it out!!! It's not good for you after all that's why we have vaginal discharge that is cleaning out your hohar lol xxx

There is a posh somewhere about douching with baking soda once a month.... It has to be done early from what I read!!!! I can see how it would work but obviously it's not a good move!!! I'd speak with a doctor on the benefits/drawbacks!!!

Yeahy I'm soooo happy :dance: I just got full on fern pattern with my microscope whoop whoop bring on the :sex:

Well Girlies,

Most of us will be entering into our Fertile Phase!!!

I'm really quite excited and positive today!! :happydance::happydance:

Bring on the :sex::sex::sex::sex::sex: &:spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy: then :test::test::test: = :bfp::bfp::bfp:

Fingers Crossed!!! xxx:kiss:

P.S Got soo excited when my little OV calculator on my signautre has changed to "I'm entering my fertile period"!!! eeeeeeeee here we gooo!!! xx

Thanks Honey,

I was a little disheartened yesterday but when I thought about it, yes I did come off the pill a few years ago, but thinking back there was probs only a few months within that time that really said ok now is the time - lets :sex:, So I really cant be too disheartened about it as yet!! as it probs only equates to about 4 months of TTC properly, and DH did have a varicocele too which has now been removed!! - I'm just waffeling on to myself here to Geee myself up here BTW!! lol

I am soo excited now, Just want to say all you ladies are great, and thanks for all the support, I know I'm not much use in the hints and tips area, so thank to all you ,lovely ladies that are and helping me too!!!

xxxxx

Yay fertile time! 6 days until I should ov so time to get busy. :D

I agree Leah, love this thread!

yep I love everyone on here, so good to have people who get what your going through to talk too and bounce ideas off, my hubby is really supportive but is soooo laid back it makes me worse.

You guys have been my life line xxxxx

Good luck ladies! It's so much fun to see people in the same boat as me. I got a positive opk today!! This is my first month trying these, so it was super exciting. It's like four days earlier than predicted...my body is so annoying. I'm going to keep using them until they turn negative!

Matila - Good luck! Don't worry if you get an earlier result than you think - last cycle I got a pos on CD9 and CD10, then again on CD15 and CD16 - the first one was just a false surge I think. As long as you are BD'ing when you see a pos you should be covered. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->